kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Trump vs. The Enemy of the People

Post by kalm »

Who ya got?
Donald Trump picked an awkward moment for his latest tirade against the news media. On Twitter, early on Thursday morning, he lashed out at CNN and NBC News, two of his favorite targets, singling out their respective top executives, Jeff Zucker and Andy Lack, for ridicule. In a separate tweet, Trump wrote, “I just cannot state strongly enough how totally dishonest much of the Media is. Truth doesn’t matter to them, they only have their hatred & agenda. This includes fake books, which come out about me all the time, always anonymous sources, and are pure fiction. Enemy of the People!”

Hours later, federal agents arrested a sixty-eight-year-old man in Encino, California, and charged him with making threatening phone calls to the Boston Globe, which included vows to kill some of its staff. The F.B.I. said that the man, Robert D. Chain, placed about fourteen calls to the newspaper, beginning on August 10th, after the Globe announced that it was rallying other publications to join it in publishing editorials responding to Trump’s “dirty war against the free press.”

In a criminal complaint, prosecutors accused Chain of calling the Globe from a blocked phone number and saying that the paper had made “treasonous and seditious attacks” on the President. The complaint said that on August 16th, the day the editorials about Trump and the press ran in the Globe and other publications, Chain told a Globe employee that he would start shooting people at four o’clock in the afternoon, adding, “You’re the enemy of the people, and we’re going to kill every fucking one of you.”

When officers went to arrest Chain—a white retiree with no prior criminal record—they seized twenty guns from his home. At a court hearing, prosecutors conceded that they didn’t have any evidence that he had made plans to travel to Boston. After he was charged with issuing threats, a federal magistrate ordered him released on fifty thousand dollars’ bail, on the condition that he surrender his passport and his guns. A neighbor described him to an Associated Press reporter as “a bombastic personality” who “could frequently be heard yelling while watching television.”

This isn’t the only time in recent weeks that employees of news organizations have been subjected to death threats. On August 22nd, someone called the Los Angeles bureau of the A.P. and said, “At some point we're just gonna start shooting you fucking assholes.” Earlier in the month, a man identifying himself as “Don” from State College, Pennsylvania, called C-span and threatened to shoot CNN’s Don Lemon and Brian Stelter. MSNBC’s Katy Tur said on air that she had received a letter that said, “I hope you get raped and killed.”

Fortunately, none of these threats were actual attacks. But, given their rising number, the poisonous political climate, and the number of guns in this country, media organizations are rightly taking the situation seriously. Some are quietly beefing up security at their offices. Security guards now accompany network news reporters to Trump rallies.

At a rally in Indiana on Thursday night, he tore into members of the media yet again, saying, “These are just dishonest, terrible people. I’m telling you that. Not all of them, honestly, not all of them. I’d say eighty-five per cent.”
:lol:
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Re: Trump vs. The Enemy of the People

Post by CAA Flagship »

:popcorn: :popcorn:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

God how I wish Trump would STFU. This guy seriously can’t get out of his own way.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

AZGrizFan wrote:God how I wish Trump would STFU. This guy seriously can’t get out of his own way.

But Hilary assassinated an American Ambassador
Be sure to do as little factual research as possible on that - it makes the story way better

Facts:
1) Stevens was not the ambassador to Libya at the time of the emails
2) The emails occurred 18 months before the Benghazi attacks

You can use whatever else you'd like to pin his death on her
But whatever you use has to clear those two hurdles
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

AZGrizFan wrote:God how I wish Trump would STFU. This guy seriously can’t get out of his own way.
He's not qualified for the job. He's mentally ill. His whole life has been built on deceiving people.

What do you expect?
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Chizzang wrote:

Be sure to do as little factual research as possible on that - it makes the story way better

Facts:

OK, Nostradumbass. :dunce: :dunce: Was he Ambassador to Libya when he died? Yes. Did she let him die? Yes. Did she lie about it? Yes.
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

AZGrizFan wrote:
Chizzang wrote:

Facts:

OK, Nostradumbass. :dunce: :dunce: Was he Ambassador to Libya when he died? Yes. Did she let him die? Yes. Did she lie about it? Yes.

Okay Alex Jones Jr. Lets review the actual documented facts

Fact:
The Deputy Assistant in charge of Security at the Embassy never sent Ambassador Stevens request for more security to the state department... So nobody in the U.S. knew they needed to add security...

Fact:
The security contractor could have added more security of their own accord any time they wanted

According to Elliott Abrams
who served as a national security adviser in President George W. Bush’s administration
wrote that Stevens could have pressed his case directly to Clinton but never did...

April 24, 2011, Stevens says himself
“still feels comfortable in the hotel,” and that “the hotel remains the safest location” in Benghazi.

Pretty exciting to say Hilary killed the guy
But he didn't do much to save himself and there were a myriad of mistakes made across the board
by the security contractor
The Deputy Assistant
and Stevens himself

Yes, Clinton should have taken the fall because ultimately she was in charge
But this was a nightmare of culminating miscalculations
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Chizzang wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:

Fact:
The Deputy Assistant in charge of Security at the Embassy never sent Ambassador Stevens request for more security to the state department... So nobody in the U.S. knew they needed to add security...

Fact:
The security contractor could have added more security of their own accord any time they wanted

who served as a national security adviser in President George W. Bush’s administration
wrote that Stevens could have pressed his case directly to Clinton but never did...

“still feels comfortable in the hotel,” and that “the hotel remains the safest location” in Benghazi.

But he didn't do much to save himself and there were a myriad of mistakes made across the board
The Deputy Assistant
and Stevens himself

It’s a tragedy that GWB let all those people die on 9/11.
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Chizzang wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:

Fact:

Fact:

The Deputy Assistant
and Stevens himself

Watch out, Clitz

You’re undermining a major talking point from Hillary herself and the rest of the Obama admin- that Benghazi was the fault of Republicans cutting security funding for DoS

At the end of the day, it is the Obama admin that owns Libya and everything that came with it

But it was an election year, and of course we all know Bin Laden was dead and Al Qaeda was on the run. Therefore, it was skinflint Republicans and a video

The real culprit is easy to identify but for some reason everybody wanted to avoid it.. and still do
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

CID1990 wrote: Watch out, Clitz

You’re undermining a major talking point from Hillary herself and the rest of the Obama admin- that Benghazi was the fault of Republicans cutting security funding for DoS

At the end of the day, it is the Obama admin that owns Libya and everything that came with it

But it was an election year, and of course we all know Bin Laden was dead and Al Qaeda was on the run. Therefore, it was skinflint Republicans and a video

The real culprit is easy to identify but for some reason everybody wanted to avoid it.. and still do
I'm kinda just interested in the actual facts
I'm no fan of Hilary Clinton and in my opinion the server scandal should be jail time

I just started reading about Benghazi in detail because AZ insists she killed the ambassador
and it's been a really interesting read

The one thing that stands out to me and seems to not get much hand wringing
is that the security contractors - who are a for profit organization
seem to have prosecution immunity

By all accounts they had something like a dozen more guys available
but that's expensive and this is a contract job...

and nobody seems to make any noise about that
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Chizzang wrote:
CID1990 wrote: Watch out, Clitz

I'm kinda just interested in the actual facts
I'm no fan of Hilary Clinton and in my opinion the server scandal should be jail time

I just started reading about Benghazi in detail because AZ insists she killed the ambassador
and it's been a really interesting read

The one thing that stands out to me and seems to not get much hand wringing
is that the security contractors - who are a for profit organization
seem to have prosecution immunity

By all accounts they had something like a dozen more guys available
but that's expensive and this is a contract job...

and nobody seems to make any noise about that
There was help available when the shit hit the fan and she didn’t send it. Then she lied about the circumstances and the cause (the lame-ass “video” excuse), and the timeline etc. etc.,etc.,...then those who survived were told to lie about the circumstances (for national security purposes :roll: :roll: ) to cover her bosses’ ass 6 weeks prior to election.
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

AZGrizFan wrote:
Chizzang wrote:

Facts:

It was a General who said they couldn't have arrived in time, and republicans who voted down her request for additional security funding. Thank you for playing we have some wonderful gifts for you. Next contestant please.:coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

houndawg wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
and republicans who voted down her request for additional security funding
FALSE

I’ve debunked this ignorant narrative here before... try to keep up

Security funding at State is not compartmentalized... if it is a priority then money can be allocated from all sorts of places in the house
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

houndawg wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
It was a General who said they couldn't have arrived in time, and republicans who voted down her request for additional security funding. Thank you for playing we have some wonderful gifts for you. Next contestant please.:coffee:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :dunce: :dunce: :dunce:
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: 1995 Montana Griz
A.K.A.: Fuck Off
Location: America: and having my rights violated on a daily basis

Re: RE: Re: Trump vs. The Enemy of the People

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

CID1990 wrote:
Chizzang wrote:

Fact:

Fact:

The Deputy Assistant
and Stevens himself

Watch out, Clitz

Bin Laden isn't dead

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

ALPHAGRIZ1 - Now available in internet black

The flat earth society has members all around the globe
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

Two days after NBC's Meet the Press host Chuck Todd's Op-Ed in The Atlantic telling people to "start fighting back" against FOX News, an apparent Trip/JSO type repeatedly rams his truck into the FOX4 station in Dallas. :suspicious:

Nice job, Chuck. Proving Trump right again. :ohno:
DuckDuckGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana

Post by DuckDuckGriz »

Baldy wrote: Two days after NBC's Meet the Press host Chuck Todd's Op-Ed in The Atlantic telling people to "start fighting back" against FOX News, an apparent Trip/JSO type repeatedly rams his truck into the FOX4 station in Dallas. :suspicious:

You think this fervor is from an op-ed in The Atlantic?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:dunce:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

DuckDuckGriz wrote:
Baldy wrote: Two days after NBC's Meet the Press host Chuck Todd's Op-Ed in The Atlantic telling people to "start fighting back" against FOX News, an apparent Trip/JSO type repeatedly rams his truck into the FOX4 station in Dallas. :suspicious:

Yeah, that Chuck Todd, he’s a regular Che Guevara! :clap:
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

DuckDuckGriz wrote:

No sir, snark and sarcasm isn't lost on you. :lol: :dunce:

When Trump made his Tweet about fake news being the enemy of the people, the media lost their collective shit. Just read klam's post that started this thread. "Journalists" were crying all across the land that Trump's tweet put them in danger.

Fast-forward three weeks later and one of these journobros writes that people need to start "fighting back" against FOX. Two days later, a Trip-like #resist nut fought back against a FOX TV station in Dallas.

It's no different than the leftists who were crying how violent and angry the fascist Nazi Trumpers were, when in fact it was one of their own who actually went hunting for Conk Congresspeoples at a softball practice.
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

Baldy wrote: Two days after NBC's Meet the Press host Chuck Todd's Op-Ed in The Atlantic telling people to "start fighting back" against FOX News, an apparent Trip/JSO type repeatedly rams his truck into the FOX4 station in Dallas.
There is no way I would ever intentionally ram my truck into anything. Even though it's old, I really like my truck.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
Tod
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: The Griz

Post by Tod »

All of the hurdles are on the right. They tried and failed. Move the fuck on.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

Tod wrote:All of the hurdles are on the right. They tried and failed. Move the **** on.

Tod! You magnificent bastard! Where you been? :notworthy:
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
Tod
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: The Griz

Post by Tod »

My mission to destroy my liver is now complete. I have time again.

AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Tod wrote:My mission to destroy my liver is now complete. I have time again.

:lol: :lol: