Political discussions
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Trump to 93Hen: NO PAY RAISE FOR YOU!!

Post by dbackjon »

Suck it losers! Gotta pay for the tax cuts for the wealthy!
Got to pay for his golf!
Got to pay for his space force
Got to pay for his wall.

http://thehill.com/policy/finance/40439 ... -pay-raise

President Trump on Thursday announced that he would cancel a scheduled 2.1 percent across-the-board pay increase for federal workers, as well as locality pay increases.

"In light of our Nation's fiscal situation, Federal employee pay must be performance-based, and aligned strategically toward recruiting, retaining, and rewarding high-performing Federal employees and those with critical skill sets," Trump wrote in a letter to the Speaker of the House and the President of the Senate.

rump's 2019 budget proposal sought to freeze federal pay, but the Senate Appropriations Committee included a 1.9 percent pay bump in its spending plans for 2019. The House version of the bill did not include such an increase, and sought reductions to spending on federal pension plans.

ep. Eric Swalwell (D-Calif.) wrote in a Tweet that Trump's actions "screwed" federal employees.

"To the hard-working federal employees Trump just screwed by cutting pay — the folks who run our parks, protect our communities, & serve our veterans: YOU MATTER. If billionaires can get tax cuts, you should get a COLA. You work hard for America & that should add up to something," he wrote.
:thumb:
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Re: Trump to 93Hen: NO PAY RAISE FOR YOU!!

Post by CID1990 »

I’m cool with it

I make nearly three times what I made in my highest paid years as a cop, and my benefits are off the chart

And my TSP is screaming on fire right now
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
TheDancinMonarch
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Old Dominion

Post by TheDancinMonarch »

Maybe they'll all quit.

As if! They are still on the greatest gravy train to come down the pike!
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

TheDancinMonarch wrote:Maybe they'll all quit.

As if! They are still on the greatest gravy train to come down the pike!
Yeah exactly

Nobody is having trouble making ends meet working for the Fed gov

Which is why just about the only people leaving “in protest” when Trump was elected all had 25 or more years in service

Courageous group
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Yeah, Trump is getting like Obama: he of the three years of pay freezes for Feds (2010, 2011 and 2012).

By the way, the freeze for me means only a $4K raise next year when I get my step increase in January.

Pork and beans. Pork and beans.
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
andy7171
Firefly
Firefly
I am a fan of: Wiping.
A.K.A.: HE HATE ME

Post by andy7171 »

dbackjon wrote:Suck it losers! Gotta pay for the tax cuts for the wealthy!
Got to pay for his golf!
Got to pay for his wall.

President Trump on Thursday announced that he would cancel a scheduled 2.1 percent across-the-board pay increase for federal workers, as well as locality pay increases.

"In light of our Nation's fiscal situation, Federal employee pay must be performance-based, and aligned strategically toward recruiting, retaining, and rewarding high-performing Federal employees and those with critical skill sets," Trump wrote in a letter to the Speaker of the House and the President of the Senate.

rump's 2019 budget proposal sought to freeze federal pay, but the Senate Appropriations Committee included a 1.9 percent pay bump in its spending plans for 2019. The House version of the bill did not include such an increase, and sought reductions to spending on federal pension plans.

ep. Eric Swalwell (D-Calif.) wrote in a Tweet that Trump's actions "screwed" federal employees.

"To the hard-working federal employees Trump just screwed by cutting pay — the folks who run our parks, protect our communities, & serve our veterans: YOU MATTER. If billionaires can get tax cuts, you should get a COLA. You work hard for America & that should add up to something," he wrote.
JFC Jon. Ever worked for the govt? You get a raise every year. It’s called a step. For fucks sake think a little bit before posting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Elaine, you're from Baltimore, right?"
"Yes, well, Towson actually."
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: 1995 Montana Griz
A.K.A.: Fuck Off
Location: America: and having my rights violated on a daily basis

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

This thread is more liberal fail

ALPHAGRIZ1 - Now available in internet black

The flat earth society has members all around the globe
andy7171
Firefly
Firefly
I am a fan of: Wiping.
A.K.A.: HE HATE ME

Post by andy7171 »

ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:This thread is more liberal fail
Sprout is correct.

"Elaine, you're from Baltimore, right?"
"Yes, well, Towson actually."
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

andy7171 wrote:
dbackjon wrote:Suck it losers! Gotta pay for the tax cuts for the wealthy!
Got to pay for his golf!
Got to pay for his wall.

JFC Jon. Ever worked for the govt? You get a raise every year. It’s called a step. For fucks sake think a little bit before posting.

You’re close Andy!

The way steps work on the GS scale is that there are ten steps in each grade. You start at Step 1 and then get step increases annually (on your hiring anniversary) for the next three steps (2-4), then every two years (5-7), then every theee years (8-10). I’m picking up a Step 7 in January, so that’s my last raise for three years if Trump keeps up this hateful treatment!

It’s disgusting Andy!
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: 1995 Montana Griz
A.K.A.: Fuck Off
Location: America: and having my rights violated on a daily basis

Re: RE: Re: Trump to 93Hen: NO PAY RAISE FOR YOU!!

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

andy7171 wrote:
ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:This thread is more liberal fail
Sprout is correct.

I fucking hate throwing Andy Anchors at others!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

ALPHAGRIZ1 - Now available in internet black

The flat earth society has members all around the globe