Political discussions
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

The Evolution Fail/Religion Hijack Thread

Post by SeattleGriz »

It's on bitches! I got the next seven days off to shame you into oblivion...just not tonight. Drinking wine tonight. Fuck off.

Junk DNA and it's adherents take a beating.

https://evolutionnews.org/2018/08/princ ... a-at-work/
Last edited by SeattleGriz on Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Re: Oof! Evolution takes a faceplant.

Post by JohnStOnge »

That is WAY to hard to understand to make a big impact.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

SeattleGriz wrote:It's on bitches! I got the next seven days off to shame you into oblivion...just not tonight. Drinking wine tonight. **** off.

Pussy. :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

SeattleGriz wrote:It's on bitches! I got the next seven days off to shame you into oblivion...just not tonight. Drinking wine tonight. **** off.

Aha!

Therefore, Jesus

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

houndawg wrote:

Pussy. :coffee:
No, you are. How'd you like that comeback?!
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

CID1990 wrote:

Aha!

Therefore, Jesus

No Jesus necessary for this one.

All those years of the required evolutionary mutations and our DNA should look like a trash heap, or better yet, let's call it Junk DNA. Too bad this horrible prediction is being battered to death and now the evolutionists are eating their own over this problem.

Seems all that junk DNA has a function.
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

SeattleGriz wrote:
CID1990 wrote:
Aha!

Therefore, Jesus

All those years of the required evolutionary mutations and our DNA should look like a trash heap, or better yet, let's call it Junk DNA. Too bad this horrible prediction is being battered to death and now the evolutionists are eating their own over this problem.

It's chaos...
scientists running through the streets screaming
crashing through plate glass windows
jumping off of buildings

:shock:

The fallout from this will be world changing
everybody that used to just use the scientific method and chart the results
will now automatically convert to Christianity and await the rapture

REPENT THE END IS NEAR !!!
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Chizzang wrote:
SeattleGriz wrote:

It's chaos...
jumping off of buildings

No need for that either, because it is already happening (the scientists running screaming part). Evolutionists attacking other evolutionists because they aren't towing the company line anymore.

"You're not in our club anymore!"
Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

SeattleGriz wrote:
Chizzang wrote:
It's chaos...
jumping off of buildings

No need for that either, because it is already happening (the scientists running screaming part). Evolutionists attacking other evolutionists because they aren't towing the company line anymore.

I'm sure it's all very dramatic

:coffee:
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

Considering 'Evolution News and Science Today' is owned by the Discovery Institute...a pro-intelligent design, highly biased, Christians-based institution...this source is automatically junk. It's also telling that this 2018 post picks and chooses sections from five 2012 sources without providing the overall context and spirit of those sources.

Read those sources and see how none of it disproves anything. If anything, it adds to our knowledge of how evolution happens.

Please try again.

ps. That article is a PERFECT example of how sneaky conservative, anti-science, Christan propaganda can be. From the name of the source to the "analysis," it really plays on the way people consume information. Trickery and deception...how so Christan of them.
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

I might be thinking too much into this, but considering SeattleGriz's fervent anti-Evolution stance and the fact that the major Christian, anti-Evolution, disinformation organization (Discovery Institute) is based in Seattle...if there's some sort of connection here.

Looking back at SG's posts, this isn't the first time the source is used as "information."
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Re: RE: Re: Oof! Evolution takes a faceplant.

Post by UNI88 »

Chizzang wrote:
SeattleGriz wrote:

It's chaos...
jumping off of buildings

You forgot dogs and cats living together ... :D
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

∞∞∞ wrote:Considering 'Evolution News and Science Today' is owned by the Discovery Institute...a pro-intelligent design, highly biased, Christians-based institution...this source is automatically junk. It's also telling that this 2018 post picks and chooses sections from five 2012 sources without providing the overall context and spirit of those sources.

Read those sources and see how none of it disproves anything. If anything, it adds to our knowledge of how evolution happens.

Please try again.

ps. That article is a PERFECT example of how sneaky conservative, anti-science, Christan propaganda can be. From the name of the source to the "analysis," it really plays on the way people consume information. Trickery and deception...how so Christan of them.
Author is an Orthordox Jew and pro-intelligent design. So it would be Jewish propaganda in your PS.
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

Gil Dobie wrote:
∞∞∞ wrote:Considering 'Evolution News and Science Today' is owned by the Discovery Institute...a pro-intelligent design, highly biased, Christians-based institution...this source is automatically junk. It's also telling that this 2018 post picks and chooses sections from five 2012 sources without providing the overall context and spirit of those sources.

Please try again.

Author is an Orthordox Jew and pro-intelligent design. So it would be Jewish propaganda in your PS.
The Discovery Institute is a Christian-based organization; it's history can be found online.

I get what you're trying to say, but it doesn't erase the point I'm making.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

∞∞∞ wrote:
Gil Dobie wrote:
The Discovery Institute is a Christian-based organization; it's history can be found online.

Christian based doesn't mean anti-evolution. There are millions of Christians that believe in evolution. You are trying to lump anti-evolution into a Christian belief. Over half Catholics and over half main stream protestants believe in evolution according to PEW. The 5 groups that have a majority that doesn't believe in evolution is Muslim, Mormon, Evangelical Christian, Historically Black Protestant and Jehovah's Witness. Oh, and 77% of the Jewish population believe in evolution.
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

Gil Dobie wrote:
∞∞∞ wrote: The Discovery Institute is a Christian-based organization; it's history can be found online.

Christian based doesn't mean anti-evolution. There are millions of Christians that believe in evolution. You are trying to lump anti-evolution into a Christian belief. Over half Catholics and over half main stream protestants believe in evolution according to PEW. The 5 groups that have a majority that doesn't believe in evolution is Muslim, Mormon, Evangelical Christian, Historically Black Protestant and Jehovah's Witness. Oh, and 77% of the Jewish population believe in evolution.
Fair enough, but let's not pretend that the anti-Evolution movements and disinformation sources are not overwhelmingly funded by Christian-based organizations. You're right though;.I should clarify that the Discovery Institute is primarily an Evangelical Christian organization.
Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

Gil Dobie wrote:
∞∞∞ wrote: The Discovery Institute is a Christian-based organization; it's history can be found online.

If you believe in Evolution you're not entirely Christian by definition
Christianity has been dancing madly backwards for 400 years
in 100 years just believing that Jesus existed at all will be defined as Christian

The current Pope gets this and is working had to move with the times

A current model evolution believing Christian of today
would not be recognized as anything other than a heretic of yesterday
and end up hanging from a rope

Christianity has morphed to suit science
and that is just a cold hard fact

If evolution had never been discovered they'd still be referencing genesis verbatim
Last edited by Chizzang on Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AshevilleApp
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: ASU
A.K.A.: AshevilleApp2

Post by AshevilleApp »

SeattleGriz wrote:
Chizzang wrote:
It's chaos...
jumping off of buildings

Toeing the company line. :coffee:
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Please try again.

And you get right to the crux of why I post these. You dismiss the source before you even bother to listen to the science, especially in this case when those providing the refutation come from within the evolution community.

Little bit of history, and I've told this story before. Back in the 90's when they cured AIDS with the three drug cocktail, my friends from within the Biochemistry department went to the big national convention where the new cure was being discussed. Montana presented that the three drug cocktail wouldn't work, because their drug cocktail had already failed on the Feline Immunovirus. The Montana delegation was pretty much told to shut up because they weren't as prestigious as the schools believing they had the cure. Well, no cure.

As for your assumption that it bolsters the belief that our DNA in fact IS filled with junk due to evolutionary mutations, I would beg to differ with you on that. In fact, there was quite a battle when this was released, and for the exact same purpose you listed. The hardcore evolutionists believed it gave cover to Christians...and of course made a mockery of the "junk DNA" belief.

I'm sure you can take cover in the "I meant junk in the sense that it doesn't make a protein" type of backtracking everyone else has done, or you can admit the phrase "junk DNA" is now defunct and those who still hang onto it, are hanging on to a past where the technology was so limited it allowed shit predictions like that to stand.
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

SeattleGriz wrote:
CID1990 wrote:
Aha!

Therefore, Jesus

Oh OK

Therefore, Bearded Man in the Sky

JoltinJoe
Level4
Level4

Post by JoltinJoe »

Chizzang wrote:
Gil Dobie wrote:
in 100 years just believing that Jesus existed at all will be defined as Christian

If evolution had never been discovered they'd still be referencing genesis verbatim
You are so full of arrogant merde. St. Augustine of Hippo, one of the first doctors of the Catholic Church, rejected a literal reading of Genesis and taught that its stories are allegorical. And that has been accepted Catholic teaching since his time of the early 4th century. In his most famous passage, he said that one speaks "idiotically" when he contradicts reason and experience by citing Genesis literally.

It's sad the kind of things you could have learned if you had paid attention in college. What a waste of a gifted mind. But, hey, you have a way with words and sound clever, so everything sounds clever when you say it. :coffee: :coffee:
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

JoltinJoe wrote:
Chizzang wrote:

You are so full of arrogant merde. St. Augustine of Hippo, one of the first doctors of the Catholic Church, rejected a literal reading of Genesis and taught that its stories are allegorical. And that has been accepted Catholic teaching since his time of the early 4th century. In his most famous passage, he said that one speaks "idiotically" when he contradicts reason and experience by citing Genesis literally.

It's sad the kind of things you could have learned if you had paid attention in college. What a waste of a gifted mind. But, hey, you have a way with words and sound clever, so everything sounds clever when you say it. :coffee: :coffee:
Joe, you could have just said, "No, Clitz... Christianity has not been dancing madly backwards for 400 years, it is more like 1700 years."
JoltinJoe
Level4
Level4

Post by JoltinJoe »

CID1990 wrote:
JoltinJoe wrote:

Joe, you could have just said, "No, Clitz... Christianity has not been dancing madly backwards for 400 years, it is more like 1700 years."
That wouldn't be true either. It has never been Catholic doctrine that Genesis is to be read literally. Now, prior to Augustine, some accepted Genesis literally. That would true. But most always read Genesis allegorically -- as did many Jews at the time of Christ.
Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

JoltinJoe wrote:
CID1990 wrote:
That wouldn't be true either. It has never been Catholic doctrine that Genesis is to be read literally. Now, prior to Augustine, some accepted Genesis literally. That would true. But most always read Genesis allegorically -- as did many Jews at the time of Christ.
I like upsetting you... :geek:

But you're the one talking bullshi!t Joe... Just own it - or throw it out
But the dancing backwards only makes the whole thing look stupid

Last I looked something like 38% of American Christians still believe in Genesis - and it's 2018
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Re: RE: Re: Oof! Evolution takes a faceplant.

Post by SeattleGriz »

Chizzang wrote:
JoltinJoe wrote:
I like upsetting you... :geek:

But you're the one talking bullshi!t Joe... Just own it - or throw it out
But the dancing backwards only makes the whole thing look stupid

Last I looked something like 38% of American Christians still believe in Genesis - and it's 2018
I love all of Cleets mini lectures on God and Christianity.

For a guy who claims that nobody knows what God wants, you sure do tell everyone what God wants.