CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Re: TSA Wants to Eliminate Checkpoints at 150 Airports

Post by CID1990 »

∞∞∞ wrote:
css75 wrote:No problem with that, if you are clean, chances are you won’t be bothered.
I'm not sure you understand what profiling is...
In this context, neither do you.

The straw man in your previous post suggests that profilers solely use race (which has been clearly struck down in existing case law)

instead of multiple factors (including race) which have been upheld in the courts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

∞∞∞ wrote:a) Cool. I'll remember that when I'm voting for candidates wanting to hassle white people at large gatherings because they might shoot up the place, or having the IRS/FBI scrutinize white people because they might be evading their taxes or doing other financial crimes.
b) :lol:
Right. Like that doens’t Already happen. :roll:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

Ibanez wrote:
Chizzang wrote:TSA Pre and Global Entry combined pass works perfectly
This. Returning from Morocco last year, the line at JFK was a mile along - except for the Global Entry line. We were through customs in about 5 minutes.
You went to Morocco last year..!!!
Whereabouts - me and the girlfriend are planning a Sardinia / Barcelona / Morocco trip

Do tell what you did

:nod:
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

Chizzang wrote:
Ibanez wrote: This. Returning from Morocco last year, the line at JFK was a mile along - except for the Global Entry line. We were through customs in about 5 minutes.
Whereabouts - me and the girlfriend are planning a Sardinia / Barcelona / Morocco trip

Do tell what you did

I hung around Casablanca for about 2 days on my way back from the Amalfi Coast. End of story. It was hot, smelly and bad food (which I wasn't expecting. There's a Moroccan restaurant here that's unbelievably good.). The hotel was awful. I took the opportunity to shit into a hole instead of a toilet. But, the people were very friendly and accommodating. If you speak any French, you'll be good. Mohammad V airport is crap but the security was surprisingly good. I guess they got a tip about something and they made everyone headed to JFK get into a line and searched. They searched everyone and their bags in the terminal. Outside the terminal is jammed packed with police and military (or at least it was) and there are people shouting. If you get unnerved easily, like some one in our party, then it's not for you. :lol:

I guess you'll fly Royal Air Maroc...they aren't bad. They have a Dreamliner and it's a pretty sweet ride. Still, Lufthansa is my favorite.

Now - have you been to Iceland? I'm thinking of surprising my wife with a trip there for our 10 yr anniversary this fall.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

Ibanez wrote:
Chizzang wrote:

Do tell what you did

I hung around Casablanca for about 2 days on my way back from the Amalfi Coast. End of story. It was hot, smelly and bad food (which I wasn't expecting. There's a Moroccan restaurant here that's unbelievably good.). The hotel was awful. I took the opportunity to shit into a hole instead of a toilet. But, the people were very friendly and accommodating. If you speak any French, you'll be good. Mohammad V airport is crap but the security was surprisingly good. I guess they got a tip about something and they made everyone headed to JFK get into a line and searched. They searched everyone and their bags in the terminal. Outside the terminal is jammed packed with police and military (or at least it was) and there are people shouting. If you get unnerved easily, like some one in our party, then it's not for you. :lol:

I guess you'll fly Royal Air Maroc...they aren't bad. They have a Dreamliner and it's a pretty sweet ride. Still, Lufthansa is my favorite.

Now - have you been to Iceland? I'm thinking of surprising my wife with a trip there for our 10 yr anniversary this fall.
Okay, First of all YOU GOTTA go to Iceland !!!
It's easy with Iceland Air (obviously) the people are amazing and the island is an absolute mind trip
Bring lots of money the food is expensive

Speaking of Amalfi Coast
The last time I flew into Naples the entire airport was on strike :lol: and I mean ON STRIKE!
So they park the jet about 800 yards from the terminal and toss the bags in a pile out the back of the 747

Hilarious !!! Italy is always entertaining
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

Chizzang wrote:
Ibanez wrote: I hung around Casablanca for about 2 days on my way back from the Amalfi Coast. End of story. It was hot, smelly and bad food (which I wasn't expecting. There's a Moroccan restaurant here that's unbelievably good.). The hotel was awful. I took the opportunity to shit into a hole instead of a toilet. But, the people were very friendly and accommodating. If you speak any French, you'll be good. Mohammad V airport is crap but the security was surprisingly good. I guess they got a tip about something and they made everyone headed to JFK get into a line and searched. They searched everyone and their bags in the terminal. Outside the terminal is jammed packed with police and military (or at least it was) and there are people shouting. If you get unnerved easily, like some one in our party, then it's not for you. :lol:

It's easy with Iceland Air (obviously) the people are amazing and the island is an absolute mind trip

Speaking of Amalfi Coast
The last time I flew into Naples the entire airport was on strike :lol: and I mean ON STRIKE!
So they park the jet about 800 yards from the terminal and toss the bags in a pile out the back of the 747

:lol: :lol: Yeah, in Morocco they land, you walk off the plane and board a bus. But everything is very efficient.

We want to go to Iceland, badly. I think the best time to see the Northern Lights is in October. There are hot springs there. It just looks incredible. I have a cousin who travels there often and she speaks highly of it. There's also an incredible folk music festival each year. :thumb:

Naples airport was nice. The city itself wasn't appealing. Once you get out of it though, it's not too bad. If you haven't been to Positano, Sorrento, Ravallo, etc... then go and spend a few weeks. It's incredible. I can't think of a better word. Capri is nice but it's super expensive and only open during the high season. We tend to travel in low season as things are cheaper AND we aren't in crowds. I actually can't wait to return. A relative of my wife's is a curator at the Vatican Museum and said he'd give us a behind the scenes tour.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

I just got back today actually from a California trip (flew from Philly to San Fran, then we went all the way down through San Diego). Basically no line for security at San Diego - it was like flying at a tiny airport - walk right up and were the first in line. Philly, that was a whole other fiasco. Easily at least 30 minutes - when we got there the line was so bad it was stretched down one of the baggage claim overpasses. Philly is always, by far, one of the worst airports to fly out of.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

Chizzang wrote:
Ibanez wrote: I hung around Casablanca for about 2 days on my way back from the Amalfi Coast. End of story. It was hot, smelly and bad food (which I wasn't expecting. There's a Moroccan restaurant here that's unbelievably good.). The hotel was awful. I took the opportunity to **** into a hole instead of a toilet. But, the people were very friendly and accommodating. If you speak any French, you'll be good. Mohammad V airport is crap but the security was surprisingly good. I guess they got a tip about something and they made everyone headed to JFK get into a line and searched. They searched everyone and their bags in the terminal. Outside the terminal is jammed packed with police and military (or at least it was) and there are people shouting. If you get unnerved easily, like some one in our party, then it's not for you. :lol:

Speaking of Amalfi Coast

Don't forget that Iceland Air has that loooong layover they allow on their flights - so you buy one ticket to, say, Glasgow Scotland, and get a three day stay in Iceland to boot.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

CID1990 wrote:
Chizzang wrote:

Speaking of Amalfi Coast

Don't forget that Iceland Air has that loooong layover they allow on their flights - so you buy one ticket to, say, Glasgow Scotland, and get a three day stay in Iceland to boot.
Sounds good

CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

Ibanez wrote:
Chizzang wrote:

Do tell what you did

I hung around Casablanca for about 2 days on my way back from the Amalfi Coast. End of story. It was hot, smelly and bad food (which I wasn't expecting. There's a Moroccan restaurant here that's unbelievably good.). The hotel was awful. I took the opportunity to **** into a hole instead of a toilet. But, the people were very friendly and accommodating. If you speak any French, you'll be good. Mohammad V airport is crap but the security was surprisingly good. I guess they got a tip about something and they made everyone headed to JFK get into a line and searched. They searched everyone and their bags in the terminal. Outside the terminal is jammed packed with police and military (or at least it was) and there are people shouting. If you get unnerved easily, like some one in our party, then it's not for you. :lol:

Or, it may have been a little informal "reciprocity"... someone may be in a snit about Morocco-bound planes getting searched at JFK

BTW Casa has an exotic reputation but it's pretty much a bust. We have a consulate there and the Embassy is in Rabat, which is much nicer. If I had a week in Morocco I'd do Rabat, Marrakech, and the Atlas mts
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

Winterborn wrote:Longest I have waited was in Vancouver. Got to the airport at around 5am and didn't get though the line till almost 6:30. Luckily they opened another line and I was able to make my flight. But on average I probably only wait about 10 minutes for most of my flights (have been though just about every major airport in the U.S. since 9/11). Granted I do have TSA Precheck. But overall TSA can go fly a kite, about all they do is catch the obvious stuff. I would rather have air marshals on a flight.
Another unnecessary and useless expense.
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

CID1990 wrote:
Ibanez wrote: I hung around Casablanca for about 2 days on my way back from the Amalfi Coast. End of story. It was hot, smelly and bad food (which I wasn't expecting. There's a Moroccan restaurant here that's unbelievably good.). The hotel was awful. I took the opportunity to **** into a hole instead of a toilet. But, the people were very friendly and accommodating. If you speak any French, you'll be good. Mohammad V airport is crap but the security was surprisingly good. I guess they got a tip about something and they made everyone headed to JFK get into a line and searched. They searched everyone and their bags in the terminal. Outside the terminal is jammed packed with police and military (or at least it was) and there are people shouting. If you get unnerved easily, like some one in our party, then it's not for you. :lol:

Or, it may have been a little informal "reciprocity"... someone may be in a snit about Morocco-bound planes getting searched at JFK

BTW Casa has an exotic reputation but it's pretty much a bust. We have a consulate there and the Embassy is in Rabat, which is much nicer. If I had a week in Morocco I'd do Rabat, Marrakech, and the Atlas mts

The part of the Atlas mts where I lived could have passed for Arizona's Grand Canyon region. The construction camp is still visible on Google Earth. I see the precise location where Sally Radcliffe relieved the crushing burden of my virginity in a abandoned Foreign Legion signal post. :luv:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

houndawg wrote:
Winterborn wrote:Longest I have waited was in Vancouver. Got to the airport at around 5am and didn't get though the line till almost 6:30. Luckily they opened another line and I was able to make my flight. But on average I probably only wait about 10 minutes for most of my flights (have been though just about every major airport in the U.S. since 9/11). Granted I do have TSA Precheck. But overall TSA can go fly a kite, about all they do is catch the obvious stuff. I would rather have air marshals on a flight.
A lot cheaper than TSA.
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

CID1990 wrote:

That's what I would want to see
:thumb:
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

dbackjon wrote:
CID1990 wrote:

They have skiing there in the winter

And a unique species of macaque that was cut off from sub-Saharan Africa when the Sahara formed

Skiing and monkeys..
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

AZGrizFan wrote:
houndawg wrote:
A lot cheaper than TSA.
And just as useless.

I think we have the basis for a good advertising campaign here! :shock:

"Just as useless for half the cost!" (Probably less!)
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

CID1990 wrote:
dbackjon wrote:

They have skiing there in the winter

And a unique species of macaque that was cut off from sub-Saharan Africa when the Sahara formed

Skiing and monkeys..
And the best kif! :thumb:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

houndawg wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
A lot cheaper than TSA.
And just as useless.

I think we have the basis for a good advertising campaign here! :shock:

"Just as useless for half the cost!" (Probably less!)
Hey, it’d be a start, at least. :lol:
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

For the first time this morning, TSA let me through without any security check. I'm in the Pre-check line which was getting long itself and one of the agents pulls a few of us out and tells us to just go...no bag or body screens.

I can get behind this type of profiling.
ASUG8
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: ASU

Post by ASUG8 »

∞∞∞ wrote:I get "randomly" searched every time, without fail. I'm definitely on a list, just not sure which.

This despite being approved for TSA Precheck and holding SIDA badges at airports all over the country. There's nothing more enjoyable than going through the Precheck line only to get "randomly" searched.
I get frisked 80% of the time when I fly and I'm not exactly what you call a profile type guy (i.e. both sides of the family German kind of way).
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

ASUG8 wrote:
∞∞∞ wrote:I get "randomly" searched every time, without fail. I'm definitely on a list, just not sure which.

This despite being approved for TSA Precheck and holding SIDA badges at airports all over the country. There's nothing more enjoyable than going through the Precheck line only to get "randomly" searched.
I get frisked 80% of the time when I fly and I'm not exactly what you call a profile type guy (i.e. both sides of the family German kind of way).
My son is a 6'4" white guy. Gets searched and patted down and wanded virtually every time he travels. Guess they're profiling, huh trip?
css75
Level3
Level3

Post by css75 »

I have not flown since I retired and do not intend to ever do so. The harassment I get is just ridiculous, I have an artificial hip, so I get winded and searched each time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

∞∞∞ wrote:For the first time this morning, TSA let me through without any security check. I'm in the Pre-check line which was getting long itself and one of the agents pulls a few of us out and tells us to just go...no bag or body screens.

They might as well disband Homeland Security right now. :ohno:
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

css75 wrote:I have not flown since I retired and do not intend to ever do so. The harassment I get is just ridiculous, I have an artificial hip, so I get winded and searched each time. Image

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
i get you.
My FiL has had both hips replaced. Sitting down for extended periods can be difficult. Last November we flew to Europe and he didn’t complain once, but you could tell he was in pain after we departed each plane.

AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Ivytalk wrote:
∞∞∞ wrote:For the first time this morning, TSA let me through without any security check. I'm in the Pre-check line which was getting long itself and one of the agents pulls a few of us out and tells us to just go...no bag or body screens.

They might as well disband Homeland Security right now. :ohno:
:lol: :lol:
I told you, old man....nothing but the ILLUSION of security...that's their job. :ohno: :ohno: