Trump announces Brett Kavanaugh as his 2nd SCOTUS nominee.

Political discussions
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Re: Trump announces Brett Kavanaugh as his 2nd SCOTUS nominee.

Post by Ibanez »

Not to mention that one witness is
1) a woman
2) life long friend of the accuser.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

Pwns wrote:As more facts come to light the accusations will just get less credible,.
If what you're talking about is the woman's accusations I do not think that's likely. I don't think it's likely that any facts will come out that make her accusations less credible.

The facts I'm looking at right now are 1) she solicited a lie detector test and 2) she wants an FBI assessment. I have no faith in lie detector tests. But I suspect that she does and she solicited one. And the thing about the Republicans not wanting the FBI to just take a look and see if they can see anything is pretty damning in my eyes.

When you've got one "side" saying "let's have the FBI look into it" and the other "side" saying "no let's not" that, to me, tells you something.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Pwns wrote:Mitch McConnell takes a lot of heat from Republican voters and donors, but he's doing the smart thing politically to let this go on. As more facts come to light the accusations will just get less credible, and all the focus will be on the whole shitshow going into the midterms instead of endless "duurrrrrrrrrr da GOP hates WIMMIN".
I was just thinking about that. Last week, it was in the Democrats' political interest to lets this drag out. Unless some new compelling evidence comes out, it is starting to look like it might hurt the Dems politically

"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

JohnStOnge wrote:
Pwns wrote:As more facts come to light the accusations will just get less credible,.
If what you're talking about is the woman's accusations I do not think that's likely. I don't think it's likely that any facts will come out that make her accusations less credible.

The facts I'm looking at right now are 1) she solicited a lie detector test and 2) she wants an FBI assessment. I have no faith in lie detector tests. But I suspect that she does and she solicited one. And the thing about the Republicans not wanting the FBI to just take a look and see if they can see anything is pretty damning in my eyes.

When you've got one "side" saying "let's have the FBI look into it" and the other "side" saying "no let's not" that, to me, tells you something.
Look, you're less of a moron than the rest - but you have blinders on this one

At what point in the history of this case would the FBI investigate this?

At the time it happened? NO

35 years later? NO

None of the players were in Federal service or employment of any kind

As much as I would like to have the FBI confirm after an investigation that there is no evidence (after 35 years) that the incident took place other than the word of the complainant... this isn't an appropriate use of the FBI. AND, the FBI has already informally demurred.

The only result the FBI can produce here would be that the allegation is inconclusive and the partisan sides would remain right where they are. Any fool can see that

Rob Iola
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: Lurking

Post by Rob Iola »

JohnStOnge wrote:

Those aren't facts, those are actions she's taking now in lieu of any credible evidence to support her accusations. The only available "facts" are tilting against Ford right now, and her lawyers know it...
Proletarians of the world, unite!
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

Skjellyfetti wrote:post it...
Can't say if this is what 89Hen is referring to or not, but here is a link to the "supposedly yearbooks" in question. I am inclined to question its truth mainly because I have no way of verifying it. Everybody else can draw their own conclusions. BTW: Just to give credit where credit is due, the link came from Southern Bison on the AGS poli board.

https://cultofthe1st.blogspot.com/2018/ ... 9.html?m=1
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

Rob Iola wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:

Those aren't facts, those are actions she's taking now in lieu of any credible evidence to support her accusations. The only available "facts" are tilting against Ford right now, and her lawyers know it...
They are facts. It is a fact that she solicited a lie detector test. It is a fact that she wants the FBI to look into it. It is a fact the Republicans do not want the FBI look into it.

How can you say those aren't facts when they are?
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

JohnStOnge wrote:
Rob Iola wrote: Those aren't facts, those are actions she's taking now in lieu of any credible evidence to support her accusations. The only available "facts" are tilting against Ford right now, and her lawyers know it...
They are facts. It is a fact that she solicited a lie detector test. It is a fact that she wants the FBI to look into it. It is a fact the Republicans do not want the FBI look into it.

Those are immaterial and irrelevant facts.

Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Post by Col Hogan »

JohnStOnge wrote:
Rob Iola wrote: Those aren't facts, those are actions she's taking now in lieu of any credible evidence to support her accusations. The only available "facts" are tilting against Ford right now, and her lawyers know it...

Montgomery County MD police have said if the alleged victim comes in a swears out a complaint, they can and will conduct an investigation...it is their jurisdiction, not the FBIs...
“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

FWIW, the Daily Beast is reporting additional 11th hour allegations against Kavanaugh for similar conduct

93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

CID1990 wrote:FWIW, the Daily Beast is reporting additional 11th hour allegations against Kavanaugh for similar conduct

I'm a swing voter, and while my Trump fatigue was starting to kick in and my energy level for this mid-term was low, this readily apparent Feinstein-led last-minute smear campaign has made me more resolute than ever. I'm leaving work early that Tuesday to make sure I get home to cast my penalty vote. This new wave of anti-male McCarthyism by the Dems is getting really old, really fast. They sure do love their identity politics.
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
mainejeff
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Maine
A.K.A.: mainejeff

Post by mainejeff »

93henfan wrote:
CID1990 wrote:FWIW, the Daily Beast is reporting additional 11th hour allegations against Kavanaugh for similar conduct

I'm a swing voter, and while my Trump fatigue was starting to kick in and my energy level for this mid-term was low, this readily apparent Feinstein-led last-minute smear campaign has made me more resolute than ever. I'm leaving work early that Tuesday to make sure I get home to cast my penalty vote. This new wave of anti-male McCarthyism by the Dems is getting really old, really fast. They sure do love their identity politics.
Yeah, this has nothing to do with privileged white male behavior that is instilled in many boys from the minute they are born. :roll:

New complaint from another woman while he was at Yale. It may or may not be credible but if the GOP continues to act like they are in Fantasyland instead of the United States of America.....they will pay dearly. :nod:

:coffee:
Go Black Bears!
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

I really hope some of you were listening to the Washington Journal's segment about sexual assaults this morning, with people calling in from both sides (assaulted and accused).

After this morning, I want an investigation more than ever.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

mainejeff wrote:
93henfan wrote:
Yeah, this has nothing to do with privileged white male behavior that is instilled in many boys from the minute they are born. :roll:

New complaint from another woman while he was at Yale. It may or may not be credible but if the GOP continues to act like they are in Fantasyland instead of the United States of America.....they will pay dearly. :nod:

Another allegation from a drunk female Never-Trumper with intermittent memory and no other eyewitnesses who didn't have any issues for 30+ years until the week that votes come up.

Seems legit. :lol:
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

∞∞∞ wrote:I really hope some of you were listening to the Washington Journal's segment about sexual assaults this morning, with people calling in from both sides (assaulted and accused).

An investigation should always be done when it's warranted. I'm totally with you.

But never when it's an 11th hour smear campaign orchestrated by a political party for their political gain.
mainejeff
Level4
Level4

Post by mainejeff »

93henfan wrote:
mainejeff wrote:

Another allegation from a drunk female Never-Trumper with intermittent memory and no other eyewitnesses who didn't have any issues for 30+ years until the week that votes come up.

Keep burying your head in the sand.

Go Black Bears!
mainejeff
Level4
Level4

Post by mainejeff »

93henfan wrote:
∞∞∞ wrote:I really hope some of you were listening to the Washington Journal's segment about sexual assaults this morning, with people calling in from both sides (assaulted and accused).

An investigation should always be done when it's warranted. I'm totally with you.

But never when it's an 11th hour smear campaign orchestrated by a political party for their political gain.
Is that what Fux & Fiends said this morning?

Go Black Bears!
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

mainejeff wrote:
93henfan wrote:

Funny, that's exactly what I was thinking about you.
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

93henfan wrote:

Regardless of how the Feinstein and company handled it for their own gain (which was bad), it deserves an investigation. The Republicans are handling this equally as wrong now. :twocents:
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

mainejeff wrote:
93henfan wrote:

I don't watch that crap. :lol:

The only wildly partisan network I watch, sparingly, is CNN.

My absolute favorite was on election night 2016. Watching Navarro talk about sweet, sweet justice at 7pm and then slowly melt for the next seven hours was truly enjoyable. I will savor that night of exploding heads for the rest of my life. :mrgreen:
mainejeff
Level4
Level4

Post by mainejeff »

93henfan wrote:
mainejeff wrote:

I'm not the puppet....you're the puppet. :dunce: :dunce: :dunce:

Go Black Bears!
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

mainejeff wrote:
93henfan wrote:

That's rich, coming from a partisan fool such as yourself. Keep up the comedy. It's a welcome respite from the news cycle. :lol: :thumb:
mainejeff
Level4
Level4

Post by mainejeff »

93henfan wrote:
mainejeff wrote:

I don't watch that crap. :lol:

The only wildly partisan network I watch, sparingly, is CNN.

My absolute favorite was on election night 2016. Watching Navarro talk about sweet, sweet justice at 7pm and then slowly melt for the next seven hours was truly enjoyable. I will savor that night of exploding heads for the rest of my life. :mrgreen:
Yes, we know.....you put vengeance and pettiness above country. God Bless America!

Go Black Bears!
mainejeff
Level4
Level4

Post by mainejeff »

93henfan wrote:
mainejeff wrote:

That's rich, coming from a partisan fool such as yourself. Keep up the comedy. It's a welcome respite from the news cycle. :lol: :thumb:
I'm sure you do on a day like today. :nod:
Go Black Bears!
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

It's odd, ABCNews was trumpeting the second accuser heavily last night, but this morning, even though the story is still there, it's no longer the headline and is more buried. It's almost like they're walking it back.

If they can get something truly credible on this guy, he's toast. Problem is, nothing they have so far rises to that level. Heck, the Stormy Daniels guy is now talking that he has evidence of mass gang rapes happening during those high school years, and that guy might actually be more credible than anything else they have so far. If they can't get anything else, this guy's going to be confirmed and the Dems will talk for the next 50 years about getting 2/3 of the Senate so they can impeach him (and likely Thomas as well, but he'll be dead by then).
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation