Trump announces Brett Kavanaugh as his 2nd SCOTUS nominee.

Political discussions
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Re: Trump announces Brett Kavanaugh as his 2nd SCOTUS nominee.

Post by AZGrizFan »

∞∞∞ wrote: To be fair, Kavanaugh wreaks of a system that allows the social and governing elite to maintain their status through generations. I've seen it first-hand growing up in McLean; and places like Georgetown Prep (and even the Ivy League's) shield the fact that these institutions aren't shaping the finest men and women, but simply allowing the status quo to be maintained through the mirage of an "elite" education.
America: 78% White

Brown University: 42% White, 53% female
Columbia University: 40% White, 48% female
Cornell University: 36.8% White, 53% female
Dartmouth: 50% White, 52% female
Harvard: 50% White, 47% female (they don't even LIST White, I had to do the math)
Princeton: 57% White, 49% female (again, don't list White)
Penn: 44% White, 50% female
Yale: 51.8% White, 48.8% female

Tell me again how these institiutions are "allowing the status quo to be maintained?
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
css75
Level3
Level3

Post by css75 »

Guess Trip won’t answer my question.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

AZGrizFan wrote:
∞∞∞ wrote: To be fair, Kavanaugh wreaks of a system that allows the social and governing elite to maintain their status through generations. I've seen it first-hand growing up in McLean; and places like Georgetown Prep (and even the Ivy League's) shield the fact that these institutions aren't shaping the finest men and women, but simply allowing the status quo to be maintained through the mirage of an "elite" education.
America: 78% White

Brown University: 42% White, 53% female
Columbia University: 40% White, 48% female
Cornell University: 36.8% White, 53% female
Dartmouth: 50% White, 52% female
Harvard: 50% White, 47% female (they don't even LIST White, I had to do the math)
Princeton: 57% White, 49% female (again, don't list White)
Penn: 44% White, 50% female
Yale: 51.8% White, 48.8% female

Tell me again how these institiutions are "allowing the status quo to be maintained?
You do this way too often where you can't comprehend paragraphs or put words in my mouth, then get argue about it. Read the statement again and tell me where I said anything about white people and college admissions.
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

∞∞∞ wrote:
93henfan wrote:So, guilty until proven innocent (for white men). Got it.
Just a taste which blacks, Muslins, minorities, poor people, and most women have experienced for decades.

:coffee:
boom! ^^^** there it is, gents

this version of social justice has nothing to do with justice and everything to do with retribution

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

CID1990 wrote:
∞∞∞ wrote: Just a taste which blacks, Muslins, minorities, poor people, and most women have experienced for decades.

this version of social justice has nothing to do with justice and everything to do with retribution
Or you can read the rest of the conversation. Where do I say I want retribution, in any argument ever? I won't even search my post history, but you can. :roll:

Just because you and AZ make something up in your head, it doesn't mean I said it.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

∞∞∞ wrote:
89Hen wrote: What do you think about college admission? Two students, identical grades and test scores, same extras, etc.. one white, one minority... who has the better shot at getting in? I know the answer.
Private or public?
Both.
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

Will answer after gym... it's probably not what you expect. :-p
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

∞∞∞ wrote:
CID1990 wrote:

Or you can read the rest of the conversation. Where do I say I want retribution, in any argument ever? I won't even search my post history, but you can. :roll:

Just because you and AZ make something up in your head, it doesn't mean I said it.
Hey look who doesnt like being told what he thinks....

You don't have to say it, treep

In fact, you and your fellow travelers do your best to try to hide it (mostly)

but every now and then it squeaks out - like it just did right there ^^^^
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

∞∞∞ wrote:Will answer after gym... it's probably not what you expect. :-p
I'll be waiting for your answer between recess and art.
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

GannonFan wrote:
houndawg wrote:
How about the emails Senator Leahy posted....?
I've read reviews from both sides on that - it's a stretch to call it perjury. Deliberately or not deliberately vague is not the same as perjury.
Like when the subject line is "Spying"?
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

89Hen wrote:OK guys, you take take this FWIW. I'm not sure how many of you know people who directly know either Ford or Kavanaugh. I talked to no less than seven people today who directly know one or the other. It's the same story over and over and over. Kavanaugh is described as the cleanest guy you've ever met. Seems like he's known for a long time that he wanted this path and lived the path that would get him here. Ford on the other hand had a reputation of being a VERY promiscuous girl in HS. I've heard stories just today that would make you doubt anything she had to say. These were from people that do not like Trump at all. That aren't staunch conservatives.

Based on the first person accounts I've heard, this is a political witch hunt. Period. End of story.
He probably is a great guy when he isn't snot-slinging drunk a waving his pecker around. :coffee:

If he'd come out and said "I was 17 and I was shit-faced and and I fucked up and I'm sorry", he would have had an easier path. Now he won't be able to show his face in public without a crowd gathering to jeer him. And if the Ds take both houses they can revisit the issues and try to regain the public's rapidly-dwindling confidence that the SCOTUS wasn't as crooked as the other branches. I think there's quite a few of you who are underestimating how pissed off the women are this time.
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

89Hen wrote:
∞∞∞ wrote:Will answer after gym... it's probably not what you expect. :-p
I'll be waiting for your answer between recess and art.
:lol:

Private - Free to do whatever they want, but if they expect any federal funding for their students, the demographics should reflect the national make-up based on the last census (within a tolerance).

Public - No admission standards. A public University, community college, or technical school should serve the public good and not be exclusive; anyone who is willing to learn deserves an education at the institution of their choice in whatever program(s) they choose.

That said, I believe in controls. For example, students with <2.0 GPAs in HS start on academic probation and must receive at least a 2.5 the first semester or get expelled, and a 2.5 in their first overall year.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

houndawg wrote:
89Hen wrote:OK guys, you take take this FWIW. I'm not sure how many of you know people who directly know either Ford or Kavanaugh. I talked to no less than seven people today who directly know one or the other. It's the same story over and over and over. Kavanaugh is described as the cleanest guy you've ever met. Seems like he's known for a long time that he wanted this path and lived the path that would get him here. Ford on the other hand had a reputation of being a VERY promiscuous girl in HS. I've heard stories just today that would make you doubt anything she had to say. These were from people that do not like Trump at all. That aren't staunch conservatives.

Based on the first person accounts I've heard, this is a political witch hunt. Period. End of story.
He probably is a great guy when he isn't snot-slinging drunk a waving his pecker around. :coffee:

If he'd come out and said "I was 17 and I was shit-faced and and I **** up and I'm sorry", he would have had an easier path. Now he won't be able to show his face in public without a crowd gathering to jeer him. And if the Ds take both houses they can revisit the issues and try to regain the public's rapidly-dwindling confidence that the SCOTUS wasn't as crooked as the other branches. I think there's quite a few of you who are underestimating how pissed off the women are this time.
Dawg, when the Dems retake the White House and the Senate they'll have a chance to nominate their candidate and similar allegations are going to be made against him or her. They're going to try and rationalize how it's different and argue that their nominee is getting the shaft but we all know they'll be full of sh1t. What arguments are you going to make when the chickens come home to roost and a nominee you support gets dragged through the mud?
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

∞∞∞ wrote:As you know, I do believe in white, and especially male, privilege; I've enjoyed its benefits as well.

There's nothing wrong with acknowledging it. It took a lot of reading and explaining from other people, but I see how the US is stacked against people of color, women, and minorities. I also used to think that my hard-work alone got me to where I am but I now see how it was just a part of the equation.

There's a ton of information about it; you know how to use Google. Whether you choose to believe in hundreds-of-thousands of hours in academic research is totally up to you.
It's a myth that young black men die from police because of racial bias. If you need a primer on that, see this with several cited studies within debunking it. Pretty much the entire argument of BLM rests on the "young black men are statistically more likely to be killed by police than young white men, therefore racism". But when you go deeper the biases disappear and in one study shows the bias is actually against whites. It's a fact that black people are more significantly more likely commit violent crimes - it's backed up by both FBI crime stats and the DOJ's surveys of crime victims. You cannot just assume that black people are no less likely to act aggressively towards police. Some shootings aren't justified, but many are.

And feminism is full of schit, too. I'll try and break it down as briefly as I can.
1. Pay Gap? Women don't make less than men because of sexism. They do because of career choices, making sacrifices for child-rearing, and not having the leverage of job offers from out-of-town to get raises because they're usually tethered to where their husbands have jobs. And despite all the supposed bias against women, among single, childless, college-educated people women earn more money.
2. Rape Culture? Complete and utter bullshit. Equivalent to saying that people locking their doors promotes "burglary culture".
3. Mansplaining? What literally everyone goes through but only women bitch about.
4. The stud-slut double standard? It exists because women can use sex to get what they want, and most of the time men can't. It's why prostitution is far more profitable for women than men and why gay men get laid a whole lot more than straight men.
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

∞∞∞ wrote:
93henfan wrote:Wealth privilege is very real.

White privilege, not so much.
Both are very real.

For example, blacks are highly affected from the lack of an inter-generational transfer of wealth compared to whites (who are so far ahead it's not funny). This stems from hundreds of years where whites acquired wealth while institutions were in place to keep black people from truly acquiring it. Some of these institutions are still around today even though they operate in a gray area just outside the law.
Trip, IMO this does more to prove 93's point then yours. Blacks are more "highly affected from the lack of an inter-generational transfer of wealth compared to whites" not because they're black but because they don't have the wealth to begin with. That is an example of wealth privilege not white privilege.

The solution isn't to just transfer wealth from the rich to the poor, it's to work on building an educational infrastructure so that everyone has an opportunity to improve their lives and leave a foundation for their children and grandchildren to build on.

I'm a huge supporter of equal opportunity but I'm vehemently opposed to attempts to engineer equal outcomes which I think too many people on the left want to do.

And as far as your studies proving white privilege, please provide some links to some good ones and I'll give them a look. There's a lot of crap out there and I don't really want to sort through it.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
css75
Level3
Level3

Post by css75 »

Pwns wrote:
∞∞∞ wrote:As you know, I do believe in white, and especially male, privilege; I've enjoyed its benefits as well.

There's nothing wrong with acknowledging it. It took a lot of reading and explaining from other people, but I see how the US is stacked against people of color, women, and minorities. I also used to think that my hard-work alone got me to where I am but I now see how it was just a part of the equation.

There's a ton of information about it; you know how to use Google. Whether you choose to believe in hundreds-of-thousands of hours in academic research is totally up to you.
It's a myth that young black men die from police because of racial bias. If you need a primer on that, see this with several cited studies within debunking it. Pretty much the entire argument of BLM rests on the "young black men are statistically more likely to be killed by police than young white men, therefore racism". But when you go deeper the biases disappear and in one study shows the bias is actually against whites. It's a fact that black people are more significantly more likely commit violent crimes - it's backed up by both FBI crime stats and the DOJ's surveys of crime victims. You cannot just assume that black people are no less likely to act aggressively towards police. Some shootings aren't justified, but many are.

And feminism is full of schit, too. I'll try and break it down as briefly as I can.
1. Pay Gap? Women don't make less than men because of sexism. They do because of career choices, making sacrifices for child-rearing, and not having the leverage of job offers from out-of-town to get raises because they're usually tethered to where their husbands have jobs. And despite all the supposed bias against women, among single, childless, college-educated people women earn more money.
2. Rape Culture? Complete and utter bullshit. Equivalent to saying that people locking their doors promotes "burglary culture".
3. Mansplaining? What literally everyone goes through but only women bitch about.
4. The stud-slut double standard? It exists because women can use sex to get what they want, and most of the time men can't. It's why prostitution is far more profitable for women than men and why gay men get laid a whole lot more than straight men.
Trip never answered my question, but you did an excellent job of doing it. ImageImage

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Bisonfanatical
Level1
Level1

Re: RE: Re: Trump announces Brett Kavanaugh as his 2nd SCOTUS nominee.

Post by Bisonfanatical »

93henfan wrote:
Winterborn wrote:
Acknowledged by who? I believe it happened and I know most halfway intelligent people admit it happened, isn't that enough? Would a letter singed by every white person in the U.S. be enough of an acknowledgement? At some point you just have to build a bridge and get over the past.
Nope. They won't stop until they can force retribution against people who had no part in it. That's why this country is doomed.
You are so right, they want apologies from all white males, of whom the majority have not made any one a victim of anything.

And then of course they will want money for things the majority of them never have and never will experience.

Of course they will also want a class system that has white males at the bottom.

And a young person like this one posting, at sometime has experienced a large amount of brainwashing, a little truth, a lot of bologna.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Pwns wrote:

:clap: :notworthy:
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Chizzang wrote:
CID1990 wrote:She named 4 witnesses who she claims were there. All four have denied knowledge of the party or the incident. The only people who are supporting her at this point are the resist-Trump-at-all-costs partisans

If she’ll actually show up (I’d give that a 50-50 chance at this point) then she should be heard

But something tells me that at this point, this thing only still has life because of the lawyers representing her and the Dems who cant fish. Time to cut bait
This entire exercise in ancient history - once upon a time "this happened"
is an embarrassment to the whole "me too" movement

However the movement is so myopic and self absorbed
it has no idea just how stupid it looks in broad daylight

:nod:

Which is ironicle
Because these are the very same people that say "Trump has no idea how stupid he looks"
You guys are all missing the most important point over the last 5 pages.

* ironical

(Can't believe it takes the resident directional school dummy to point out the obnoxious use of the archaic alternate form of an adjective and then the misspelling. :ohno: )
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

93henfan wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
so when in happened to them it was racist...now it's just payback, right? :dunce: :dunce:
Absolutely. The main (unstated for obvious reasons) goal of the so-called "progressive" movement is retribution.
This is the problem with labels and (more importantly) movements.

I'm still waiting to kick those bankers from New York City to the curb, break up the political machines, and help out the midwest farmers.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

kalm wrote:
93henfan wrote:
Absolutely. The main (unstated for obvious reasons) goal of the so-called "progressive" movement is retribution.

I'm still waiting to kick those bankers from New York City to the curb, break up the political machines, and help out the midwest farmers.
#MeToo
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

kalm wrote:
93henfan wrote:

I’d substitute “redistribution” for “retribution.” But they’re really the same thing.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
mainejeff
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Maine
A.K.A.: mainejeff

Post by mainejeff »

Pwns wrote:
mainejeff wrote:
Is that what Fux & Fiends said this morning?

Did you get that argle bargle about "entitled white males" from Jezebel or Salon? :lol:

(Aziz Ansari must be an honorary white guy.)
What I see and hear in everyday life....you know....REALITY. :nod:

Go Black Bears!
mainejeff
Level4
Level4

Post by mainejeff »

Winterborn wrote:
∞∞∞ wrote:No one is saying it should be punished, but the existence of white male privilege should be acknowledged.

And yes, life is unfair. Thus why movements like BLM and #MeToo are important. We shouldn't just say, "oh well."
Acknowledged by who? I believe it happened and I know most halfway intelligent people admit it happened, isn't that enough? Would a letter singed by every white person in the U.S. be enough of an acknowledgement? At some point you just have to build a bridge and get over the past.
Agreed. The GOP & Fox News war against the Clintons has been waged for 25+ years now. Enough is enough!

Go Black Bears!
mainejeff
Level4
Level4

Post by mainejeff »

93henfan wrote:
∞∞∞ wrote: Just a taste which blacks, Muslins, minorities, poor people, and most women have experienced for decades.

So sad.

And so untrue of course.

Btw, that platform failed in 2016. Badly.
But I thought that it was because everyone hated Hillary ** ?

** Except for the 65 million that voted for her.
Go Black Bears!