Trump announces Brett Kavanaugh as his 2nd SCOTUS nominee.

Political discussions
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Re: Trump announces Brett Kavanaugh as his 2nd SCOTUS nominee.

Post by CID1990 »

JohnStOnge wrote:
CID1990 wrote:
No we dont
Yes you do. Why pretend?
:dunce:
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

JohnStOnge wrote:Guys, you know very well that the White Evangelical Christian wing nuts who supported Trump and Kavanaugh would've expected Kavanaugh to vote the other way.
Your wife voted for Trump.
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

CID1990 wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:Guys, you know very well that the White Evangelical Christian wing nuts who supported Trump and Kavanaugh would've expected Kavanaugh to vote the other way.
No we dont

Why dont you give us a few lines about it?

Mix things up a little bit - make it spicy

I suggest iambic pentameter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sonnets or stay on the porch
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

And that's fine. However, you got a conservative judge that looked to the law, not party platform, when deciding on taking up a case.

Isn't that what we want?

What's the discussion about? The dastardly, unmitigated gall that Brett executed judicial independence?
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Ibanez wrote:
And that's fine. However, you got a conservative judge that looked to the law, not party platform, when deciding on taking up a case.

Isn't that what we want?

What's the discussion about? The dastardly, unmitigated gall that Brett executed judicial independence?
Indeed. And let's be honest, very few people even have a clue what this case is about, since most people don't even read past the headlines anymore. They see "Planned Parenthood" in the headline, they see that the SCOTUS ruled in their favor, and they jump off from there. Fortunately, the SCOTUS proves again that it's not about headlines over in the judicial branch, despite partisans on both sides (JSO included) trying to make it that way.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

So you're talking about extreme wing nuts and we're talking about your run of the mill liberal. Are you starting to see this a little more clearly?
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

89Hen wrote:
So you're talking about extreme wing nuts and we're talking about your run of the mill liberal. Are you starting to see this a little more clearly?
Well, JSO is a wing-nut, so it's very possible he can't see this.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

HI54UNI wrote:
Your wife voted for Trump.
Like he said...White evangelical Christians and wingnuts....
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

So I'm reading now that folks have brought up ethics complaints for how he acted at the hearings so they can try to impeach him. Never mind that nobody can find a single thing wrong with what he's done on the SCOTUS as a justice.

He overreacted to a few things at the hearing, but it seems like Libs are trying to play the "two for flinching" game now. Yes, he overreacted... to one of the worst witch hunts I've ever seen. :ohno:
css75
Level3
Level3

Post by css75 »

89Hen wrote:So I'm reading now that folks have brought up ethics complaints for how he acted at the hearings so they can try to impeach him. Never mind that nobody can find a single thing wrong with what he's done on the SCOTUS as a justice.

He overreacted to a few things at the hearing, but it seems like Libs are trying to play the "two for flinching" game now. Yes, he overreacted... to one of the worst witch hunts I've ever seen. :ohno:
Very well stated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

89Hen wrote:So I'm reading now that folks have brought up ethics complaints for how he acted at the hearings so they can try to impeach him. Never mind that nobody can find a single thing wrong with what he's done on the SCOTUS as a justice.

I don't think there's anything impeachable about it but he did not handle himself well. If you want to look back at an appointee who handled himself well under attack, look at Robert Bork. Since he didn't get confirmed I guess you can say maybe he should've done things differently. But I don't think so. Bork was not dealing with a completely sycophant Republican Senate like Kavanaugh was. In fact a Republican was very prominent in shooting him down.

But Bork faced up and answered questions directly and honestly. He did not pander. At all.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

Plus all of us who are objective know that Kavanaugh probably DID do what Blasey-Ford said he did.
Could I ever be a star?

css75
Level3
Level3

Post by css75 »

JohnStOnge wrote:Plus all of us who are objective know that Kavanaugh probably DID do what Blasey-Ford said he did.

Do you hate Trump so much you could not see through her lies and Bs?

89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

JohnStOnge wrote:Plus all of us who are objective know that Kavanaugh probably DID do what Blasey-Ford said he did.
:lol: And everyone I know who PERSONALLY knows Kavanagh says he probably did NOT do what she said. Only one person I know in the area who knows one or both of them sides with her story. There were a LOT more stories of HER outrageous behavior in HS. :nod:

But glad you know him. Just like you knew the Duke lacrosse team.
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

89Hen wrote:
:lol: And everyone I know who PERSONALLY knows Kavanagh says he probably did NOT do what she said. Only one person I know in the area who knows one or both of them sides with her story. There were a LOT more stories of HER outrageous behavior in HS. :nod:

Ok. So I can see that some of you are in denial.
Could I ever be a star?

JoltinJoe
Level4
Level4

Post by JoltinJoe »

JohnStOnge wrote:
89Hen wrote: :lol: And everyone I know who PERSONALLY knows Kavanagh says he probably did NOT do what she said. Only one person I know in the area who knows one or both of them sides with her story. There were a LOT more stories of HER outrageous behavior in HS. :nod:

Come on, John.

There was not a single piece of evidence corroborating her story, and even her friend, said to be a witness, threw her under the bus (about as gently as possible, but still ...)

Sure, he may have done it, but if you are "sure" he probably did it, then you have an agenda.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

What concrete evidence do you have to support your claim that "Kavanaugh probably DID do what Blasey-Ford said he did"? 89 has heard from people that knew both of them at the time and while it's anecdotal it's significantly more solid than anything you've presented to the contrary.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
css75
Level3
Level3

Post by css75 »

JohnStOnge wrote:
89Hen wrote: :lol: And everyone I know who PERSONALLY knows Kavanagh says he probably did NOT do what she said. Only one person I know in the area who knows one or both of them sides with her story. There were a LOT more stories of HER outrageous behavior in HS. :nod:

You have really jumped the track this time. You have posted some outlandish things, this one certainly makes your top 10, your idea has no basis in fact.

SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

UNI88 wrote:
What concrete evidence do you have to support your claim that "Kavanaugh probably DID do what Blasey-Ford said he did"? 89 has heard from people that knew both of them at the time and while it's anecdotal it's significantly more solid than anything you've presented to the contrary.
His TDS diagnosis. :lol:

Oh and always believe the women...unless the accused has a "D" next to their name, then it's just "meh". :coffee:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

:dunce: Ford couldn’t remember how she got to the alleged party. She couldn’t remember when it allegedly happened. She couldn’t remember where the house was it happened. She couldn’t remember who was there. She couldn’t remember how she got home. There was no corroborating witnesses. Her story had more holes than Swiss cheese.. :lol: There’s ZERO shred of evidence that Kavanaugh did what Balsey Ford accused him of. NONE.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

JSO? Objective? :?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

JohnStOnge wrote:

In denial of what? An allegation from a woman from 30 years ago with no corroborating evidence, no witnesses, a lot of questionable holes in her memory, while a LOT of folks spoke up on his behalf... :coffee:
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

css75 wrote:

Do you hate Trump so much you could not see through her lies and Bs?

do you like Trump so much you can't see through his lies and BS?
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote:
:dunce: Ford couldn’t remember how she got to the alleged party. She couldn’t remember when it allegedly happened. She couldn’t remember where the house was it happened. She couldn’t remember who was there. She couldn’t remember how she got home. There was no corroborating witnesses. Her story had more holes than Swiss cheese.. :lol: There’s ZERO shred of evidence that Kavanaugh did what Balsey Ford accused him of. NONE.
I'm in the camp that something probably happened but it's being mis-remembered or it occured by someone else.

But, how many non gang-rapes and/or sexual assaults have witnesses?
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

89Hen wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:
In denial of what? An allegation from a woman from 30 years ago with no corroborating evidence, no witnesses, a lot of questionable holes in her memory, while a LOT of folks spoke up on his behalf... :coffee:
Not to mention that the timing of it was suspect. She waited 30 years?