Trump announces Brett Kavanaugh as his 2nd SCOTUS nominee.

Political discussions
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Re: Trump announces Brett Kavanaugh as his 2nd SCOTUS nominee.

Post by AZGrizFan »

HI54UNI wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:
It was never legal for him to drink in high school in Maryland while he was in high school. It was legal for him to drink in high school if he went to Washington DC to do it for 3 months during February to May 1983. He was clearly trying to mislead. He was clearly trying to create the impression that he didn't do anything illegal.

Would you care to bet on what would happen if they decided, just for the heck of it, to do an inquiry into the question of whether he ever drank in Maryland while he was in High School? The guy clearly showed a willingness to mischaracterize his behavior.

phpBB [video]
No one cares. He's been confirmed. You seriously need to go see a counselor about your TDS. If Kavanaugh had been nominated by GWB you'd be spewing electronic diarrhea about how great he is. Seriously, please get some help.

That would DEFINITELY help me... :shock:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

JohnStOnge wrote:Would you care to bet on what would happen if they decided, just for the heck of it, to do an inquiry into the question of whether he ever drank in Maryland while he was in High School? The guy clearly showed a willingness to mischaracterize his behavior.
The guy clearly said he drank in HS. Not just the last three months. GMAFB John. Get your head out of your ass.
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

AZGrizFan wrote:
HI54UNI wrote: Image
That would DEFINITELY help me... :shock:
Help? Hell, she would cure me and make me forget my name!
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

phpBB [video]
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

Tough video to watch, yes?
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

89Hen wrote:Tough video to watch, yes?
That would depend on the person.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

Winterborn wrote:
89Hen wrote:Tough video to watch, yes?
Not sure how it could be easy for anyone. I've watched a longer interview with that doctor and his testimony is compelling IMO.

Our church had a march to an abortion clinic up the road from us. It's one of the few late term clinics in the country. Doctor is from Nebraska and he had to close up shop there because of their laws. Apparently MD is one of the few states that allow them. He will do abortions up to 26 weeks. That's nearly at 7 months. There was a guy organizing a small counter protest, he had 10 year old girls holding signs who I'm sure had no idea what the actual issue was.

This is a baby at 26 weeks...

Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

89Hen wrote:
Winterborn wrote:
Not sure how it could be easy for anyone. I've watched a longer interview with that doctor and his testimony is compelling IMO.

Our church had a march to an abortion clinic up the road from us. It's one of the few late term clinics in the country. Doctor is from Nebraska and he had to close up shop there because of their laws. Apparently MD is one of the few states that allow them. He will do abortions up to 26 weeks. That's nearly at 7 months. There was a guy organizing a small counter protest, he had 10 year old girls holding signs who I'm sure had no idea what the actual issue was.

This is a baby at 26 weeks...

How does a doctor keep his license doing week 26 abortions
Unless the baby is mutated and brain dead

20 weeks is really the "line" - if you will
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

Chizzang wrote:How does a doctor keep his license doing week 26 abortions

The question really is, how is it legal to do 26 week abortions? Shame on my state.

So 19 weeks, six days and 23 hours is OK by you?
Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

89Hen wrote:
Chizzang wrote:How does a doctor keep his license doing week 26 abortions

The question really is, how is it legal to do 26 week abortions? Shame on my state.

So 19 weeks, six days and 23 hours is OK by you?
Sure...

:coffee:

There has to be a line somewhere or the debate will rage on forever
A reasonable middle ground solution has to be on the table somewhere

89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

Chizzang wrote: Sure...

Well, I'm more concerned about the babies than if the debate goes on too long and becomes burdensome to you. But that's just me. :coffee:

Any line in the middle is absurd and you know it.
Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

89Hen wrote:
Chizzang wrote: Sure...

Well, I'm more concerned about the babies than if the debate goes on too long and becomes burdensome to you. But that's just me. :coffee:

Agreed,
But making women criminals isn't really a good solution
No law will stop abortion

Neither side gives a damned about the other sides opinion on this issue
There has to be a meeting in the middle or this country will have two kinds of states

a) Abortion is illegal state
or
b) Have one anytime anywhere any week state

and nobody will be happy
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

Chizzang wrote:
89Hen wrote: Well, I'm more concerned about the babies than if the debate goes on too long and becomes burdensome to you. But that's just me. :coffee:

Agreed,

There has to be a meeting in the middle or this country will have two kinds of states

or

and nobody will be happy
I'd lock up the doctors Cleets, not the women.

No law stops anything

*damn
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

As long as medical techniques and such are limited and cannot keep a baby viable outside of the womb for the period before 20 weeks then there will be a line where abortion will be legal. Science is pretty clear - a human being begins at conception, I don't see how anyone can argue otherwise. The problem is forcing a woman to carry a baby she does not want and prior to 20 weeks (and that's a minimum right now) the woman is needed to keep the baby alive. Once medical techniques improve to the point where we can remove a baby from the womb at any point (0 weeks to full gestation) then there is no need for abortion and it will go away.

Of course, that just gets us to the other problem of what to do with the resulting huge uptick in births, especially of children that were removed from the womb at some point and are now orphans. The pro-life crowd, who are correct in one regard as it pertains to when a life is a life, doesn't seem to focus much on what to do with the kids after they are born.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

89Hen wrote:
Chizzang wrote:
Agreed,

or

and nobody will be happy
I'd lock up the doctors Cleets, not the women.

No law stops anything

*damn
Still the same results in the end...
You'll have two completely opposite states

States with no orthopedic doctors and no abortions
And
States that are anytime you want abortions

Not a satisfying resolution for either side
css75
Level3
Level3

Post by css75 »

Sad state of affairs,personally I feel life begins at conception but I also know abortion is here to stay, though it should be a decision left to states according to the 10th amendment,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

89Hen wrote:
Winterborn wrote:
There are some people in this world that were fine getting up every day and being a guard at a Nazi death camp. People can "explain" or "rationalize" away a lot of things that would make others think twice and say hell no. We are all unique and place different values on ideas or actions than the person next to us or across the street. Look at the variety of the political discussions on here and the different nuances each person has, even if they may have the same over all political belief.

Personally I wish I hadn't just finished eating lunch before watching the video.

CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

I'm actually OK with that

Unless we want to amend the Constitution to reconcile the issue (rather than adulterating it with decisions like Roe)

Im also not for locking up women - but throw some abortion docs in jail for sure

But the decision belongs to the states - and if Roe is overturned abortion will stay legal in probably 48 states, and maybe all 50

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

GannonFan wrote:The pro-life crowd, who are correct in one regard as it pertains to when a life is a life, doesn't seem to focus much on what to do with the kids after they are born.
Baloney talking point for the pro-choice side. :tothehand:
mainejeff
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Maine
A.K.A.: mainejeff

Post by mainejeff »

89Hen wrote:
GannonFan wrote:The pro-life crowd, who are correct in one regard as it pertains to when a life is a life, doesn't seem to focus much on what to do with the kids after they are born.
Bull effin sh*t. :tothehand:

Go Black Bears!
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

89Hen wrote:
We've been over this before. I'm pro-life, but I recognize that medical techniques haven't caught up to the science, which is clear that human existence begins at conception. We can't take these babies out prior to 20 weeks and still have them live. Until we can, abortion will be around.

As for the talking point, hardly. Plenty of people will march on Washington every year, plenty of people will put little crosses in front of churches to represent the lives lost. My church (well, the KOC) actually spent money on a lovely statue of children surrounding Mary as a tribute to the lives lost. But I never see anything being done for the next several years to help those that choose to have their babies and then can't support them. Compassion for the Mom and baby seem to end at birth, unfortunately. If we don't do better at that, once we can pull babies from the womb at any point and abortion is fully recognized as murder, we're going to have a heckuva problem with unwanted children. I'll queue up my "Oliver" recording to get ready for it.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

GannonFan wrote:
89Hen wrote: Baloney talking point for the pro-choice side. :tothehand:
We've been over this before. I'm pro-life, but I recognize that medical techniques haven't caught up to the science, which is clear that human existence begins at conception. We can't take these babies out prior to 20 weeks and still have them live. Until we can, abortion will be around.

As for the talking point, hardly. Plenty of people will march on Washington every year, plenty of people will put little crosses in front of churches to represent the lives lost. My church (well, the KOC) actually spent money on a lovely statue of children surrounding Mary as a tribute to the lives lost. But I never see anything being done for the next several years to help those that choose to have their babies and then can't support them. Compassion for the Mom and baby seem to end at birth, unfortunately. If we don't do better at that, once we can pull babies from the womb at any point and abortion is fully recognized as murder, we're going to have a heckuva problem with unwanted children. I'll queue up my "Oliver" recording to get ready for it.
There is plenty of help and compassion for children by the same people that realize that killing them is wrong. There can ALWAYS be more done. By EVERYONE.

One side has no problem killing babies, so the "support" is nothing but a talking point. It's clear that one side has ZERO compassion.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

mainejeff wrote:
89Hen wrote: Baloney talking point for the pro-choice side. :tothehand:
Bull effin sh*t. :tothehand:

Trust breeders Jeff. We know you hate kids. Your opinion is to be taken with a grain of salt.
Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

89Hen wrote:
GannonFan wrote:

There is plenty of help and compassion for children by the same people that realize that killing them is wrong. There can ALWAYS be more done. By EVERYONE.

One side has no problem killing babies, so the "support" is nothing but a talking point. It's clear that one side has ZERO compassion.
Oh there's plenty of hate to go around Hen... on both sides of this doozie

:notworthy:

But on this point I agree with you
There aren't enough babies to fulfill adoption requests (as I understand it)

:nod:
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

Chizzang wrote:
89Hen wrote: There is plenty of help and compassion for children by the same people that realize that killing them is wrong. There can ALWAYS be more done. By EVERYONE.

Oh there's plenty of hate to go around Hen... on both sides of this doozie

:notworthy:

But on this point I agree with you
There aren't enough babies to fulfill adoption requests (as I understand it)

:nod:
FTR, I don't hate women that have abortions. I feel bad for them that they made the decision to do this.

I've noticed a word lately on a lot of the pro-choice sites and abortion provider sites... "need". As in we provide abortions for women that need them. Very few women need an abortion. They choose to get one.