JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Re: Trump Economic Adviser... "Deficit coming down"

Post by JohnStOnge »

AZGrizFan wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:Politifact has 14% of the Obama statements its rated as False or Pants on Fire. It's got 47% of Trump's statements rated as such.

The idea that Obama was even close to the level Trump is at in terms of bold face lying is laughable. Of course I know Trump zombies will attack Politifact because Politifact doesn't align with what Trump supporters want to believe.

But we have NEVER in the modern era (at least) had as dishonest a Presidential administration as this one is.
Well, thank God we don't have Hillary as president then, because she makes Trump look like a rote amateur when it comes to lying. :nod: :nod: :nod:
No. She does not. Her percent of False or Pant on Fire Statements is 12%. Again: Trump is at 47%. It's not close.

This is the kind of thing that gets me about you people. You don't like Hillary Clinton because you think she's dishonest. But she's not even in the same universe in terms of dishonestly as Trump is. He's WAY worse. It's not even reasonably debatable.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

JohnStOnge wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
Well, thank God we don't have Hillary as president then, because she makes Trump look like a rote amateur when it comes to lying. :nod: :nod: :nod:
No. She does not. Her percent of False or Pant on Fire Statements is 12%. Again: Trump is at 47%. It's not close.

This is the kind of thing that gets me about you people. You don't like Hillary Clinton because you think she's dishonest. But she's not even in the same universe in terms of dishonestly as Trump is. He's WAY worse. It's not even reasonably debatable.
Frankly it's amazing
Everything each of them has said is documented...
Obama / Hilary Clinton / Trump - It's all there in print... nobody debates that

and yet when measured the lies are almost 5 to 1 and yet the three of them are seen as equal

:lol:

It's really not that confusing - and yet here we are...
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Re: RE: Re: Trump Economic Adviser... "Deficit coming down"

Post by SeattleGriz »

Chizzang wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:

Frankly it's amazing

and yet when measured the lies are almost 5 to 1 and yet the three of them are seen as equal

I'd give it more like 2.5 to 1. Politifact is constantly busted for their bias.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Re: RE: Re: Trump Economic Adviser...

Post by Chizzang »

SeattleGriz wrote:
Chizzang wrote: Frankly it's amazing

I'd give it more like 2.5 to 1. Politifact is constantly busted for their bias.
Yeah except that every fact checking sight has trump at about 50% lies
and Clinton at about 10% to 15%

it's really not that close and it's all right there... nobody is debating what was said

:coffee:
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Trump Economic Adviser...

Post by SeattleGriz »

Chizzang wrote:
SeattleGriz wrote:I'd give it more like 2.5 to 1. Politifact is constantly busted for their bias.

it's really not that close and it's all right there... nobody is debating what was said

If people aren't smart enough to understand what Trump is saying, that is on them.
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

93henfan wrote:Both parties do it and it’s sad.

Not too this extent.

This false equivalency is killing the country.
:thumb:
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

dbackjon wrote:
93henfan wrote:Both parties do it and it’s sad.

Not too this extent.

Of course all of the democrats are saying this. :lol:

Yeah, Trump lies a lot. We've known that for 30+ years. I submit that his lies are generally little and white.

Meanwhile, we know about healthcare and Iran under Obama, as previously discussed.
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by dbackjon »

AZGrizFan wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:Politifact has 14% of the Obama statements its rated as False or Pants on Fire. It's got 47% of Trump's statements rated as such.

The idea that Obama was even close to the level Trump is at in terms of bold face lying is laughable. Of course I know Trump zombies will attack Politifact because Politifact doesn't align with what Trump supporters want to believe.

But we have NEVER in the modern era (at least) had as dishonest a Presidential administration as this one is.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Another stupid statement from a Trumpster.
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by dbackjon »

93henfan wrote:
dbackjon wrote:

Not too this extent.

Yeah, Trump lies a lot. We've known that for 30+ years. I submit that his lies are generally little and white.

Meanwhile, we know about healthcare and Iran under Obama, as previously discussed.
I would submit you are very wrong - Trump's lies are killing this country.

Healthcare, if it had been able to fully work, would not have been a lie. Iran was not a lie either.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

dbackjon wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:

But he's correct.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

dbackjon wrote:
93henfan wrote:

Healthcare, if it had been able to fully work, would not have been a lie. Iran was not a lie either.
You're riled up tonight, sweetheart!
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

dbackjon wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:

Yeah! And you're removed from Montana football too fucker.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

What are your thoughts on this article? You work in this stuff, so tell me about this poll please. Be interesting to see how much bias the article and their data has, from you're perspective. Are they truthful?

http://thefederalist.com/2016/12/16/run ... ervatives/
JohnStOnge wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:

CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

dbackjon wrote:
93henfan wrote:

lawl

"We didn't do it right.... next time it'll work"

Iran was a lie, fed to an immature and sycophantic press, and passed on to a carelessly credulous, unquestioning audience

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Trump Economic Adviser...

Post by UNI88 »

Chizzang wrote:
SeattleGriz wrote:I'd give it more like 2.5 to 1. Politifact is constantly busted for their bias.

I don't disagree with that but all lies aren't equal so % of lies only tells a fraction of the story and by itself is not an accurate measurement.

Trump is a brazen, in your face, pathological liar. His lies are going to be much more readily apparent.

Hildamort like most politicians is/was much more evasive. She avoided making definitive statements that could haunt her later. That doesn't mean she didn't lie a lot, she was just so skilled at it that it was difficult to catch her.

Hildamort's lies while much harder to prove, were IMO more insidous and had the potential to do even more damage to the fabric of the government and nation than Trump's.
Last edited by UNI88 on Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

I'm no longer a deficit hawk

It has become obvious that nobody really cares anymore (now we have the left feigning concern)

I've come to realize that in spite of the fact that there is more evidence of the bad things that happen to countries as a result of debt outstripping growth than there is for the effects of climate change, we are all too happy to ignore it

So I think the time has come to stop worrying - our creditors in the future will make our financial decisions for us (think of it as conservatorship for crazy old grandpa) - and then when our credit rating is hovering somewhere between welfare queen and meth whore, my family will move home and go back to subsistence farming and simpler times

sounds fine to me at this point

AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Chizzang wrote:

When Hildabeast lies, people died. Her lies are worth 10-1 on anybody else’s.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

SeattleGriz wrote:
dbackjon wrote:

Yeah! And you're removed from Montana football too fucker.
:lol:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Re: Trump Economic Adviser...

Post by ∞∞∞ »

CID1990 wrote:I'm no longer a deficit hawk

It has become obvious that nobody really cares anymore (now we have the left feigning concern)

I've come to realize that in spite of the fact that there is more evidence of the bad things that happen to countries as a result of debt outstripping growth than there is for the effects of climate change, we are all too happy to ignore it

So I think the time has come to stop worrying - our creditors in the future will make our financial decisions for us (think of it as conservatorship for crazy old grandpa) - and then when our credit rating is hovering somewhere between welfare queen and meth whore, my family will move home and go back to subsistence farming and simpler times

You were never a deficit hawk.

Want lower deficits? Increase taxes, decrease operating expenditure (wars, defense, walls), and invest into capital expenditures (education, alternative energy, infrastructure, healthcare).

Don't vote for the people that promise to lower taxes, increase operating costs, and decrease investments into society. You acknowledge "the evidence of bad things that happen to countries as a result of debt," yet don't acknowledge the policies you vote for have historically failed over and over again.
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Trump Economic Adviser... "Deficit coming down"

Post by CID1990 »

∞∞∞ wrote:
CID1990 wrote:I'm no longer a deficit hawk

You were never a deficit hawk.

Want lower deficits? Increase taxes, increase capital expenditure (like investing in education, healthcare, etc.), and decrease operating expenditure (like wars).

Don't vote for politicians that want lower taxes, less investments into the society, and more operating expenses. You can't acknowledge the issues debts cause to nations without even acknowledging the system you vote for has never historically worked.
You don't know two things, Junior

1) me

2) what you are talking about

I've been stuffing "revenue problem" morons just like you since before your balls dropped

which was just a couple years ago

BTW the countries that are having their financial decisions made for them today are veritable havens of just the kind of social justice investment orgies you'd like to see here - you guys lie like Trump

"it just hasnt been done right yet"

∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

Then continue preaching the voodoo economics you've been voting for since your balls dropped, and supporting great economic masterminds like Trump.

It's gotten America really far since 2001.

Happy 4th...
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by dbackjon »

AZGrizFan wrote:
Chizzang wrote:

When Hildabeast lies, people died. Her lies are worth 10-1 on anybody else’s.

Lmao. So ignorant.
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by dbackjon »

Trip is schooling the fossil Republicans on here, who are too proud to admit the economic policy they’ve cling to is really a disaster
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by dbackjon »

Fox lies, Alpha and Trump repeat the lies

http://money.cnn.com/2018/07/03/media/f ... ium=social
93henfan