Political discussions
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Re: Trump Economic Adviser... "Deficit coming down"

Post by JohnStOnge »

This stuff of people thinking Hillary Clinton was worse than Trump is just insane.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

93henfan wrote:
I would vote for ANYONE running against Hillary Clinton if she EVER runs again too. :nod: The woman is the spawn of Satan's asshole.
Trump IS Satan's asshole.
Could I ever be a star?

JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Re: RE: Re: Trump Economic Adviser...

Post by JohnStOnge »

93henfan wrote:
UNI88 wrote:
JSO isn't a conk.

Where do Ganny, 93 and I fall on your fantasy spectrum?
We're all complicated cases.

I won't speak for the two of you, but my stance on the issues I really care about are all over the political spectrum.

Guns: right
Abortion: left
Environment: left
Immigration: right
Corporate responsibility: left

But it doesn't matter who I vote for, because it's going Democrat every time. My vote in Delaware truly doesn't matter.

In retrospect, I should have voted Libertarian in 2016 instead of made Aleppo jokes about their pothead candidate, if for nothing else than to add one grain of sand on the scale in favor of a third party.
Labels are labels. I'll use the issues listed to State my positions and you can decide what label I should bear.

Guns: Guns? The Amendment doesn't refer to guns alone. It refers to "arms." And it's clearly referring to military arms. There's no qualification on it. And the reference to a militia does not, linguistically, mean the right is limited to those in a militia.

Abortion: Abortion ends the life of a living member of our species. It should be illegal except in cases where there is a choice between either the life of the mother or the life of the unborn individual. No exceptions for things like rape and incest as it's not the unborn individual's fault that their father was a rapist or guilty of incest.

Environment: We need to be cognizant of our impact upon our environment. However, I think that there is a preservationist bias in Environmental Science and we need to be careful about that. What we should focus on is the well being of our own species. We shouldn't be doing things like trying to avoid the extinction of other species just to avoid extinctions.

Immigration: If someone made the decision to come into the country illegally and they are caught/identified, they should be deported. No person who entered the country illegally should ever be granted citizenship. Legal immigration should be maintained at a healthy level. But I don't know what that level is.

Corporate responsibility: Corporations are responsible for maximizing shareholder benefits.

I'll add a couple:

Affirmative Action: Completely against it.

The "Diversity" Thing: I think that's an artifact of egalitarian bias in the social sciences. I think it was noted that fair competition would not result in various groups being proportionately represented in various areas. So they came up with the idea of diversity being a benefit and set about conducting biased observational studies to support the idea.

Label me as you wish.
Could I ever be a star?

AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
OK Karl. :coffee:
:lol:

Anytime Governor Brownback.

:coffee: :coffee:
Never heard of him/her...
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

JohnStOnge wrote: Label me as you wish.
Retarded.
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

JohnStOnge wrote:This stuff of people thinking Hillary Clinton was worse than Trump is just insane.
Not really.

She would have been far worse than Trump.
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
css75
Level3
Level3

Post by css75 »

JohnStOnge wrote:
93henfan wrote:
We're all complicated cases.

I won't speak for the two of you, but my stance on the issues I really care about are all over the political spectrum.

But it doesn't matter who I vote for, because it's going Democrat every time. My vote in Delaware truly doesn't matter.

In retrospect, I should have voted Libertarian in 2016 instead of made Aleppo jokes about their pothead candidate, if for nothing else than to add one grain of sand on the scale in favor of a third party.
Labels are labels. I'll use the issues listed to State my positions and you can decide what label I should bear.

Guns: Guns? The Amendment doesn't refer to guns alone. It refers to "arms." And it's clearly referring to military arms. There's no qualification on it. And the reference to a militia does not, linguistically, mean the right is limited to those in a militia.

Abortion: Abortion ends the life of a living member of our species. It should be illegal except in cases where there is a choice between either the life of the mother or the life of the unborn individual. No exceptions for things like rape and incest as it's not the unborn individual's fault that their father was a rapist or guilty of incest.

Environment: We need to be cognizant of our impact upon our environment. However, I think that there is a preservationist bias in Environmental Science and we need to be careful about that. What we should focus on is the well being of our own species. We shouldn't be doing things like trying to avoid the extinction of other species just to avoid extinctions.

Immigration: If someone made the decision to come into the country illegally and they are caught/identified, they should be deported. No person who entered the country illegally should ever be granted citizenship. Legal immigration should be maintained at a healthy level. But I don't know what that level is.

Corporate responsibility: Corporations are responsible for maximizing shareholder benefits.

I'll add a couple:

Affirmative Action: Completely against it.

The "Diversity" Thing: I think that's an artifact of egalitarian bias in the social sciences. I think it was noted that fair competition would not result in various groups being proportionately represented in various areas. So they came up with the idea of diversity being a benefit and set about conducting biased observational studies to support the idea.

Label me as you wish.
Trump’s policies fall in line with yours very much. Hillary is for taking guns, killing babies, open borders, and affirmative action. Yet you think this skank was better than the Donald. Look at results, not style.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Good job Treep

You trolled even the Mighty Clitzoris into cataloguing (in bullet form I might add) and explaining their positions like they're running for the school board

you still know nothing about me though - but the info is right here in this here forum

or you can ask Jelly

(he has a dossier)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

93henfan wrote: Guns: right

Abortion: center:
-Should remain legal with 3 caveats. No taxpayer funding unless mothers life is in danger. Parental consent. It is a medical operation. Minors have to have parental consent for medical operation. Simple. No partial birth.
-Roe v Wade should be overturned. Nothing to do with religion but the Constitution. States rights. Let each state do their own laws.

Environment: center (although many would label me right). Care about the environment, but put the economy and America 1st..

Corporate responsibility: center. You know advocating for ‘left’ there means smaller TSP/401k returns..But playing field should be tilted more toward small & medium sized businesses, more America 1st..
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Re: Trump Economic Adviser...

Post by houndawg »

CID1990 wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:
No they don't. The Democrats do not do things like claim that the deficit is coming down when it's not.
On this you are absolutely correct

Democrats in the past have simply denied that deficits were a big deal - that's the only real way to debate deficit spending... question whether or not it matters

The problem with the Democrats' past stance on the deficit is that it denies a century worth of evidence to the contrary - and ignores what is happening to countries (right in front of our eyes) that have outspent their GDP and borrowed for too long

Funny... the last time I heard a high-level official say deficits didn't matter it was that pinko Democrat Dick Cheney.... :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

css75 wrote:
Trump’s policies fall in line with yours very much. Hillary is for taking guns, killing babies, open borders, and affirmative action. Yet you think this skank was better than the Donald. Look at results, not style.

Look at the long term. I've written this kind of stuff many times but I'll write it again. A few years ago the Republican Party realized that it's got a long term viability problem. It realized that it needs to change the underlying dynamic in order to remain competitive in the long term. In nominating then rallying behind Trump it did exactly the opposite of what it determined that it needed to do. It won the Presidency because of the Electoral college. But it lost among the overall vote of the People for the 6th time in the past 7 Presidential elections. And, in terms of the popular vote, it got a lower percentage than it got in 2012.

The system helps. There's the Electoral College. There's the Senate where each State gets 2 Senators whether it's got 0.6 million people (Wyoming) or it's got 40 million people (California). And there's gerrymandering in play for the House. But at some point the dam is going to break. At some point the Republicans will need to convince the actual majority of the People in the country in order to sustain themselves. And them associating themselves with Trump is not helping in that regard.

Aside from that: Is there any point in which the nature of the person would, for you, override the short terms considerations over policy? If you found out with 100% certainty that Trump is using his position to enrich himself in an unethical manner, for example, would you say, "That's OK because I'm getting the policies I want right now?"

If you found out Trump's campaign did collude with Russia and was paying Russia back for its help right now by virtue of its foreign policy, would that make a difference to you? At what point would you say that the level of corruption is unacceptable even if you are, for now, getting the policies you want?
Could I ever be a star?

AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

JohnStOnge wrote:
css75 wrote:

Look at the long term. I've written this kind of stuff many times but I'll write it again. A few years ago the Republican Party realized that it's got a long term viability problem. It realized that it needs to change the underlying dynamic in order to remain competitive in the long term. In nominating then rallying behind Trump it did exactly the opposite of what it determined that it needed to do. It won the Presidency because of the Electoral college. But it lost among the overall vote of the People for the 6th time in the past 7 Presidential elections. And, in terms of the popular vote, it got a lower percentage than it got in 2012.

The system helps. There's the Electoral College. There's the Senate where each State gets 2 Senators whether it's got 0.6 million people (Wyoming) or it's got 40 million people (California). And there's gerrymandering in play for the House. But at some point the dam is going to break. At some point the Republicans will need to convince the actual majority of the People in the country in order to sustain themselves. And them associating themselves with Trump is not helping in that regard.

Aside from that: Is there any point in which the nature of the person would, for you, override the short terms considerations over policy? If you found out with 100% certainty that Trump is using his position to enrich himself in an unethical manner, for example, would you say, "That's OK because I'm getting the policies I want right now?"

If you found out Trump's campaign did collude with Russia and was paying Russia back for its help right now by virtue of its foreign policy, would that make a difference to you? At what point would you say that the level of corruption is unacceptable even if you are, for now, getting the policies you want?
You don’t think the Clintons and Bush’s and Obamas enriched themselves in their position as president?
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

JohnStOnge wrote:
css75 wrote:

JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

AZGrizFan wrote: You don’t think the Clintons and Bush’s and Obamas enriched themselves in their position as president?
No I do not. I think they benefited from their position as President afterwards. But I do not think that, while in office, they were doing things comparable to what Trump is doing in funneling business to his hotels, resorts, etc.
Could I ever be a star?

css75
Level3
Level3

Post by css75 »

JohnStOnge wrote:
css75 wrote:

There was no collusion. That ship has sailed.

kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

css75 wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:

He’s not asking from a legal standpoint. He’s asking from a principled standpoint.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

JohnStOnge wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote: You don’t think the Clintons and Bush’s and Obamas enriched themselves in their position as president?
No I do not. I think they benefited from their position as President afterwards. But I do not think that, while in office, they were doing things comparable to what Trump is doing in funneling business to his hotels, resorts, etc.
OBama’s net worth entering office: $800,000
Obama’s net worth 8 years later: $12 million
css75
Level3
Level3

Post by css75 »

kalm wrote:
css75 wrote:

He’s not asking from a legal standpoint. He’s asking from a principled standpoint.

JSO has no principles.

Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

css75 wrote:
kalm wrote:

JSO has no principles.
What makes you say that..? (because you disagree)
I've been reading his posts for over 10 years and I couldn't disagree with you more

It makes me wonder if you know what principles are
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

I think JSO is extremely principled

Some of those principles are arguably sociopathic but he's fairly consistent in his pathos (principles)

HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

AZGrizFan wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:
He put his money into a blind trust and the investment manager put it all in cattle futures.
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

HI54UNI wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
He put his money into a blind trust and the investment manager put it all in cattle futures.
Huh. I thought they cornered the orange juice market. :? :?
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

AZGrizFan wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:
I hate to agree with JSO, but he's right. Obama wasn't funneling projects and money to his family's company. As far as we know, Obama didn't do that. Like Dubya, Obama is profiting from his 8 yr experience. Dubya is making millions on the speech circuit.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

The vast majority of of those profits of Obama's during his presidency came from his book sales. And, he released his tax returns each year... So, we have good I fo about where his money came from.

His books sales surely increased due to his campaign and presidency, but it's an entirely different. I don't think people are complaining about Trump profiting from The Art of the Deal sales.
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

Ibanez wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
I hate to agree with JSO, but he's right. Obama wasn't funneling projects and money to his family's company. As far as we know, Obama didn't do that. Like Dubya, Obama is profiting from his 8 yr experience. Dubya is making millions on the speech circuit.
Correct. But that was probably because there was no family business. But he had friends. Remember who constructed the original Obamacare website?