Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Re: Justice Kennedy Retires

Post by Col Hogan »

Justice KAVANAUGH
“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Did you climax as you typed that?
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

Skjellyfetti wrote:Did you climax as you typed that?
Did you? You’ll probably burn your bra in protest.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Ivytalk wrote:
Skjellyfetti wrote:Did you climax as you typed that?
Did you? You’ll probably burn your bra in protest.
He might have. He usually saves that for the 17 month old Russia megathread. But no posts there since 7/1. Must be a record.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

houndawg wrote:
Col Hogan wrote:
But the dims will squeal “SHE’S A CATHOLIC...”
No, they'll squeal "SHE WAS NOMINATED BY THE GUY WHO SUCKED OFF PUTIN IN PUBLIC....!"
As opposed to Obama, who sucked off the rest of the entire world? :lol:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

AZGrizFan wrote:
houndawg wrote:
No, they'll squeal "SHE WAS NOMINATED BY THE GUY WHO SUCKED OFF PUTIN IN PUBLIC....!"
"Please tell Vlad I'll have more flexibility after my re-election."
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

CID1990 wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
"Please tell Vlad I'll have more flexibility after my re-election."
:lol: :nod:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

Col Hogan wrote:Justice KAVANAUGH
east coast pencil neck :lol:

I bet the pardon is already typed up and sitting in the desk drawer in the Offal Office. :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

I may have already written this but since I was thinking about it again this morning: The one thing that concerns me about Kavanaugh is him taking that position that the President is SO busy and SO important that Congress ought to enact legislation to defer any civil proceedings and/or any criminal investigations and/or prosecutions against him/her until he/she is out of office.

I read the portion of Kavanaugh's Minnesota Review article on that issue. Basically he thinks the the President should be insulated from civil and/or criminal responsibility so he can concentrate on doing his job.

That, to me, reflects that attitude that the President is just SO important and I don't think we should look at it like that. I think we should see the situation as it is: The President is the Chief Executive of the Executive Branch of the Federal Government. First of all, the Federal Government is largely on autopilot. The President could take a three week vacation with no access to e mail, telephone, etc. and the Federal Government would hum along without him just fine. If something unexpected happened it would react in an appropriate way. It wouldn't be paralyzed because the President wasn't available.

To me, unless there is something in the Constitution explicitly prohibiting it, the President should be treated with respect to civil and/or criminal liability just as any other citizen would be. The attitude should be that they are just another citizen who happens to have that job. And that job doesn't make them a king/queen.

In the Review article Kavanaugh was saying Congress should pass a law to provide the deferrals. But he also said he wasn't commenting on whether or not the Supreme Court was correct when, in Clinton v. Jones, it said Presidents are not Constitutionally entitled to deferral of Civil Suits. He was just saying that, given the Supreme Court said that, Congress should pass a law to give them that entitlement via statute.

That concerns me. I don't like the idea of a Supreme Court Justice with a "The President's shit is made of gold" outlook.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

JohnStOnge wrote:I may have already written this but since I was thinking about it again this morning: The one thing that concerns me about Kavanaugh is him taking that position that the President is SO busy and SO important that Congress ought to enact legislation to defer any civil proceedings and/or any criminal investigations and/or prosecutions against him/her until he/she is out of office.

I read the portion of Kavanaugh's Minnesota Review article on that issue. Basically he thinks the the President should be insulated from civil and/or criminal responsibility so he can concentrate on doing his job.

That, to me, reflects that attitude that the President is just SO important and I don't think we should look at it like that. I think we should see the situation as it is: The President is the Chief Executive of the Executive Branch of the Federal Government. First of all, the Federal Government is largely on autopilot. The President could take a three week vacation with no access to e mail, telephone, etc. and the Federal Government would hum along without him just fine. If something unexpected happened it would react in an appropriate way. It wouldn't be paralyzed because the President wasn't available.

To me, unless there is something in the Constitution explicitly prohibiting it, the President should be treated with respect to civil and/or criminal liability just as any other citizen would be. The attitude should be that they are just another citizen who happens to have that job. And that job doesn't make them a king/queen.

In the Review article Kavanaugh was saying Congress should pass a law to provide the deferrals. But he also said he wasn't commenting on whether or not the Supreme Court was correct when, in Clinton v. Jones, it said Presidents are not Constitutionally entitled to deferral of Civil Suits. He was just saying that, given the Supreme Court said that, Congress should pass a law to give them that entitlement via statute.

That concerns me. I don't like the idea of a Supreme Court Justice with a "The President's **** is made of gold" outlook.
If he doesn't take that position he won't be the nominee. :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

JohnStOnge wrote:I may have already written this but since I was thinking about it again this morning: The one thing that concerns me about Kavanaugh is him taking that position that the President is SO busy and SO important that Congress ought to enact legislation to defer any civil proceedings and/or any criminal investigations and/or prosecutions against him/her until he/she is out of office.

That concerns me. I don't like the idea of a Supreme Court Justice with a "The President's **** is made of gold" outlook.
Kavanaugh supports statist Presidents

thats about as establishment as it gets

Which is what you'd be getting if anybody else had won the election, so its hard to tell what youre complaining about

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.