Political discussions
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Re: Trump Supporter Theme Show Ending After Long Run

Post by Baldy »

kalm wrote:
Baldy wrote: Yep, those Confederate flags are waving all over Chicago, NYC, Philly, and Boston, right klam? :lol:
Whoa! Wait a minute! You mean it was still worth airing in large markets????

Well I’ll be... :lol:

(Like I’ve said before, redneckism transcends geography. But I’m sure it’s skewed by all those trailer park low income transgender studies students.... :silly: )
Yes, because we all know that millennials just love to congregate in trailer parks in the boroughs and suburbs of NYC, Chicago, and Boston. :rofl:

:dunce:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Baldy wrote:
kalm wrote:

(Like I’ve said before, redneckism transcends geography. But I’m sure it’s skewed by all those trailer park low income transgender studies students.... :silly: )
Yes, because we all know that millennials just love to congregate in trailer parks in the boroughs and suburbs of NYC, Chicago, and Boston. :rofl:

What? You've never heard of an inner city trailer park? They build up...

Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

Baldy wrote:
kalm wrote:

The new term for trailer is Tiny Home. :lol:
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

I'm still wondering how a thread got started about life-long Democrat Jerry Springer somehow being a Trump supporter. I declare shenanigans.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

Baldy wrote:
Gil Dobie wrote:Found a quick link, FWIW. Looks like the show is popular in redneck, Trumpanzee areas like NY, LA, Philly, Boston etc.

Link
The shows now have been sold for the additional two seasons (2014-2016) to top stations representing over 60% of the U.S. which include WPIX New York, KTLA Los Angeles, WGN Chicago, WPHL Philadelphia, WLVI Boston, KDAF Dallas, WPGH Pittsburgh, WTTE Columbus and WKCF Orlando.

Having debuted on Sept. 20, 1991, “The Jerry Springer Show” remains hugely popular and has outlasted over 70 talk shows (including “Oprah”). With an average of 2.1 million daily viewers, “The Jerry Springer Show” attracts a wide audience of both men and women, and draws in the highest concentration of Men 18-49 and Men 25-54 among all syndicated talk shows. For the 2011-12 season “The Jerry Springer Show” is delivering strong year-to-year ratings growth among Households (+7%), Total Viewers (+2%), Women 18-49 (+13%), and Women 25-54 (+13%). This makes the third season in a row that Jerry Springer has delivered unprecedented year-to-year ratings growth going in to its 22nd season.
Yep, those Confederate flags are waving all over Chicago, NYC, Philly, and Boston, right klam? :lol:
I've told the story before - In college, some friends and I were outside the student center when a large black truck pulled up - it had a confederate flag license plate, the back glass was one large confederate flag and...NY plates. The driver was this short hick from Upstate NY.

Hicks are everywhere. :coffee:
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

GannonFan wrote:I'm still wondering how a thread got started about life-long Democrat Jerry Springer somehow being a Trump supporter. I declare shenanigans.
It's not about Springer. It's about his audience. The type of people who watched the Jerry Springer show and the type of people featured on the Jerry Springer show are the type of people who are Trump Supporters.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

JohnStOnge wrote:
GannonFan wrote:I'm still wondering how a thread got started about life-long Democrat Jerry Springer somehow being a Trump supporter. I declare shenanigans.
It's not about Springer. It's about his audience. The type of people who watched the Jerry Springer show and the type of people featured on the Jerry Springer show are the type of people who are Trump Supporters.
That ^ seems a little vague and non-scientific for you John...
I don't entirely disagree with you and what I think you're trying to say is:
"a lot of stupid people voted for Trump"
So I'll just go ahead and put that in print for you

:nod:
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

Chizzang wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:

It's more than just the being stupid thing. To me it's related to the phenomenon, for instance, involving things like the History Channel and Discovery channel on TV. They at least TRIED at first to offer reasonably intellectual content. But over time they found that they had to turn to reality TV show type stuff to keep an audience.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

JohnStOnge wrote:
Chizzang wrote:

It's more than just the being stupid thing. To me it's related to the phenomenon, for instance, involving things like the History Channel and Discovery channel on TV. They at least TRIED at first to offer reasonably intellectual content. But over time they found that they had to turn to reality TV show type stuff to keep an audience.
I look at it this way John...
I'm grateful there are so many stupid people - the numbers are actually staggering to behold
But it's what makes my life so much easier

If everybody was bright and inquisitive and creative I'd have a hell of a time staying employed'
The good news is people are mostly stupid and lack even the most fundamental elements of creativity

The net result is a life of being easily employed

Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Chizzang wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:
I look at it this way John...
I'm grateful there are so many stupid people - the numbers are actually staggering to behold
But it's what makes my life so much easier

If everybody was bright and inquisitive and creative I'd have a hell of a time staying employed'
The good news is people are mostly stupid and lack even the most fundamental elements of creativity

The net result is a life of being easily employed

:nod: :nod: Agreed. It’s like I told my son: If you’re a hard worker, honest and semi-intelligent you’re already ahead of about 98% of the population. You’ll be a 1%er in no time!
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12