Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Re: All Things California

Post by kalm »

Ivytalk wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:
I THINK I appreciate that but I'm not a Republican. I'm a conservative who is registered as a Libertarian. Until the past couple of years I typically voted Republican in national elections based on the principle of voting for the most acceptable of the two candidates that have a chance to win.

But the Republicans are way off the rails right now. For the foreseeable future there is no WAY I'm voting Republican.

Won't matter because I live in Louisiana. But I'm not doing it.
I’m deeply embarrassed to share a party registration with the likes of you. And you’re no conservative.
He’s fairly conservative...even a fairly principled conservative.

Those guys have mostly left the Republican Party...including you.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

JohnStOnge wrote:
Ivytalk wrote: I’m deeply embarrassed to share a party registration with the likes of you. And you’re no conservative.
Well, I've been registered as a LIbertarian for longer than I can remember. For sure more than 27 years. So I was probably here a long time before you were.

And if you are a Libertarian and you're not sounding the alarm about what's going on with Trump you probably need to re-assess your commitment to Libertarianism because he represents the risk of progress towards Authoritarian government.
I will concede your seniority, but not your dedication. Did you ever campaign for a Libertarian candidate in LA? I did in DE, before I changed my registration. In fact, I think you’ve quit on the philosophy. True Libertarians don’t support Hillary Clinton.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

kalm wrote:
Ivytalk wrote: I’m deeply embarrassed to share a party registration with the likes of you. And you’re no conservative.
He’s fairly conservative...even a fairly principled conservative.

Those guys have mostly left the Republican Party...including you.
Whose side are you on? :lol:

I think I’ll resume my Lenten discipline of giving up ragging on JSO. It’s a waste of bandwidth.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

Ivytalk wrote:
Chizzang wrote:
JSO is the only Republican on here that isn't actively
licking Trump's ball sack

You and CID have retained a little dignity but it's sketchy at best

:lol:

Even your dead hero Krauthammer thinks Trump was colluding
Oh... Happy Birthday Yesterday (BTW: My birthday is today June 25th)
Thanks for the birthday wishes, which I reciprocate, but your powers of political perception have diminished with time. I can’t speak for CID, but what you call “sketchy” on my part is a willingness to accept whatever small policy victories you can from the Trump regime, while fighting against the stupid stuff on trade, immigration, and so on. You prefer to sit upon a Yuppie Olympus with a nice girlfriend, lots of money, and pressed jeans, and throw spitballs with an air of superiority and condescension. That’s your choice.

*Zing..!!!
The view is spectacular from up here
and I'm not sure if you're serious and completely lack humor or are hilarious
but either is hilarious

Pressed jeans :ohno:
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

Chizzang wrote:
Ivytalk wrote: Thanks for the birthday wishes, which I reciprocate, but your powers of political perception have diminished with time. I can’t speak for CID, but what you call “sketchy” on my part is a willingness to accept whatever small policy victories you can from the Trump regime, while fighting against the stupid stuff on trade, immigration, and so on. You prefer to sit upon a Yuppie Olympus with a nice girlfriend, lots of money, and pressed jeans, and throw spitballs with an air of superiority and condescension. That’s your choice.

*Zing..!!!
The view is spectacular from up here
and I'm not sure if you're serious and completely lack humor or are hilarious
but either is hilarious

Pressed jeans :ohno:
Clitz...

JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

Ivytalk wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:
Well, I've been registered as a LIbertarian for longer than I can remember. For sure more than 27 years. So I was probably here a long time before you were.

And if you are a Libertarian and you're not sounding the alarm about what's going on with Trump you probably need to re-assess your commitment to Libertarianism because he represents the risk of progress towards Authoritarian government.
I will concede your seniority, but not your dedication. Did you ever campaign for a Libertarian candidate in LA? I did in DE, before I changed my registration. In fact, I think you’ve quit on the philosophy. True Libertarians don’t support Hillary Clinton.
Donald Trump and the fact that there are enough people in the country who would vote for somebody like that to allow him to become President are more of a threat to liberty than Hillary Clinton was.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

JohnStOnge wrote:
Ivytalk wrote: I will concede your seniority, but not your dedication. Did you ever campaign for a Libertarian candidate in LA? I did in DE, before I changed my registration. In fact, I think you’ve quit on the philosophy. True Libertarians don’t support Hillary Clinton.
Donald Trump and the fact that there are enough people in the country who would vote for somebody like that to allow him to become President are more of a threat to liberty than Hillary Clinton was.
WRONG :dunce:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Re: RE: Re: All Things California

Post by UNI88 »

JohnStOnge wrote:
Ivytalk wrote: I will concede your seniority, but not your dedication. Did you ever campaign for a Libertarian candidate in LA? I did in DE, before I changed my registration. In fact, I think you’ve quit on the philosophy. True Libertarians don’t support Hillary Clinton.
That is debatable and your refusal to honestly consider Hildamort's many faults shows a lack of principles.

Many on here knew Trump was a poor choice but thought he was still a better choice than Hildamort. They might have been wrong but at least they were intellectually honest enough to admit Trump's many faults rather than white washing them over as you did with Hildamort.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
css75
Level3
Level3

Post by css75 »

I voted for Trump as the lesser of 2 evils, but have been impressed by some good policy he helped bring around. Ignore the bluster and the tweets but look at the accomplishments.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

css75 wrote:I voted for Trump as the lesser of 2 evils, but have been impressed by some good policy he helped bring around. Ignore the bluster and the tweets but look at the accomplishments.
This is my ^ favorite Trumpism

Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

JohnStOnge wrote:
John, did you vote for Hilda, because you thought she would make a good president, or because it was a vote against Trump?

I didn't think either would make a good president, so I vote for someone else.
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

Just when I thought I have heard it all..... :shock:
When Reason last spoke with Robert Tillman in February, the city of San Francisco was demanding that he study the historical significance of his coin-operated laundry before he be allowed to demolish it and put up a 75-unit, mixed-use housing development.

Tillman consented, paying $23,000 for a 135-page report which determined, several months later, that his property was not in fact a historic resource. In a sane world Tillman would be allowed to proceed with his project. In San Francisco, he is now being asked to perform yet another study, this time to measure the effect of shadow on a nearby school.

"You could just as easily ask me to do a study on the breakfast eating habits of the kids, or whether the building might affect their texting use," says Tillman.

Two shadow studies have already been conducted, finding that Tillman's project, if built, would cast shadow on a quarter of the playground of the nearby Zaida T. Rodriguez school for two hours a day.

According to Mission District activists from the city-recognized Latino cultural district Calle 24 however, neither study spent enough time considering the developmental impacts of asking children to spend recess in the shade.
https://reason.com/blog/2018/06/27/deve ... mat-in-san
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
css75
Level3
Level3

Post by css75 »

Winterborn wrote:Just when I thought I have heard it all..... :shock:
When Reason last spoke with Robert Tillman in February, the city of San Francisco was demanding that he study the historical significance of his coin-operated laundry before he be allowed to demolish it and put up a 75-unit, mixed-use housing development.

Tillman consented, paying $23,000 for a 135-page report which determined, several months later, that his property was not in fact a historic resource. In a sane world Tillman would be allowed to proceed with his project. In San Francisco, he is now being asked to perform yet another study, this time to measure the effect of shadow on a nearby school.

"You could just as easily ask me to do a study on the breakfast eating habits of the kids, or whether the building might affect their texting use," says Tillman.

Two shadow studies have already been conducted, finding that Tillman's project, if built, would cast shadow on a quarter of the playground of the nearby Zaida T. Rodriguez school for two hours a day.

According to Mission District activists from the city-recognized Latino cultural district Calle 24 however, neither study spent enough time considering the developmental impacts of asking children to spend recess in the shade.
I have become so jaded that nothing surprises me anymore, but the length of this stupidity almost did.

JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

UNI88 wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:
That is debatable and your refusal to honestly consider Hildamort's many faults shows a lack of principles.

Many on here knew Trump was a poor choice but thought he was still a better choice than Hildamort. They might have been wrong but at least they were intellectually honest enough to admit Trump's many faults rather than white washing them over as you did with Hildamort.
What Hillary faults do you think I failed to recognize? I have written before that if you'd have asked me before the Trump thing started I was horrified at the thought that Hillary Clinton could become President. On January 1, 2015 never in a million years would I have thought that the Republicans could come up with someone who is a worse choice for President than Hillary is. I can remember telling my wife how bad it was that polls at the time gave her a +50% on being honest and trustworthy.

Just which fault or faults, specifically, do you think I do not recognize?
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

houndawg wrote:
CAA Flagship wrote:
So that would be.......um......40,000,000,000,000 people? :shock:
:lol: that's a lot!

Its SD Hornet's crowd, breeding like rabbits...
I blame the "pull and pray method". :ohno:
css75
Level3
Level3

All Things California

Post by css75 »

JohnStOnge wrote:
UNI88 wrote:That is debatable and your refusal to honestly consider Hildamort's many faults shows a lack of principles.

What Hillary faults do you think I failed to recognize? I have written before that if you'd have asked me before the Trump thing started I was horrified at the thought that Hillary Clinton could become President. On January 1, 2015 never in a million years would I have thought that the Republicans could come up with someone who is a worse choice for President than Hillary is. I can remember telling my wife how bad it was that polls at the time gave her a +50% on being honest and trustworthy.

If you think for a minute Trump is worse than her you are missing it. At least policy wise he is far superior, and he has done some good things internationally compared to her stint as SOS. Even you grudgingly admitted he pulled off a good thing with N Korea.

SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

Took the fam to see a Giants game in SF today (wife's birthday request). Construction is booming in the parts I drove through. Getting to AT&T I took 5th off of I-80 and bee-lined it to the parking lot (South Park/Mission Bay area). More high rises (assume condos) going up. Heard/saw some pile driving going on across the street from my tailgate lot. Leaving I went over Potrero Hill (think any cop-bad guy car chase scene from the movies) and there are all kinds of high density housing complexes (probably will top out at 3 or 4 stories) going up.

Sounds like this guy from the article just needs to find the right palms to grease. :coffee:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SDHornet wrote:

Took the fam to see a Giants game in SF today (wife's birthday request). Construction is booming in the parts I drove through. Getting to AT&T I took 5th off of I-80 and bee-lined it to the parking lot (South Park/Mission Bay area). More high rises (assume condos) going up. Heard/saw some pile driving going on across the street from my tailgate lot. Leaving I went over Potrero Hill (think any cop-bad guy car chase scene from the movies) and there are all kinds of high density housing complexes (probably will top out at 3 or 4 stories) going up.

Sounds like this guy from the article just needs to find the right palms to grease. :coffee:
:nod:

Set-back requirements are not unique to California. While they can be beneficial for several reasons, they’re also not set in stone...especially for a liberal city council like Spokane’s who is hell bent on urban renewal and downtown redevelopment.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.spokesma ... ontent=amp
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

SDHornet wrote: Took the fam to see a Giants game in SF today (wife's birthday request). Construction is booming in the parts I drove through. Getting to AT&T I took 5th off of I-80 and bee-lined it to the parking lot (South Park/Mission Bay area). More high rises (assume condos) going up. Heard/saw some pile driving going on across the street from my tailgate lot. Leaving I went over Potrero Hill (think any cop-bad guy car chase scene from the movies) and there are all kinds of high density housing complexes (probably will top out at 3 or 4 stories) going up.

And here I thought bribes were illegal in the U.S.. :ohno: :-D
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

css75 wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:

If you think for a minute Trump is worse than her you are missing it. At least policy wise he is far superior, and he has done some good things internationally compared to her stint as SOS. Even you grudgingly admitted he pulled off a good thing with N Korea.

Yeah it was masterful how he suckered them into improving their production facilities. :coffee:

:rofl:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

JohnStOnge wrote:
UNI88 wrote:That is debatable and your refusal to honestly consider Hildamort's many faults shows a lack of principles.

I didn't type "recognize" I typed "honestly consider". You have been quick to gloss over Hildamort's e-mail server, the Clinton Foundation and other underhanded dealings using the fact that charges weren't brought as proof of her innocence all the while you've taken any criticism of Trump as proof of his dishonesty and incompetence. You've demonstrated an irrational bias against Trump.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:

I didn't type "recognize" I typed "honestly consider". You have been quick to gloss over Hildamort's e-mail server, the Clinton Foundation and other underhanded dealings using the fact that charges weren't brought as proof of her innocence all the while you've taken any criticism of Trump as proof of his dishonesty and incompetence. You've demonstrated an irrational bias against Trump.
Perhaps, but just a reminder....Hillary isn’t our president. She’s semi-irrelevant now and made it through her investigations. Are they both questionable people? Of course. But the right is having an equally difficult time quitting her. “But Hillary” isn’t exactly the most rational defense of Trump either.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

UNI88 wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:

Most people didn't. :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

UNI88 wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:

Not necessarily. I, for one, am willing to entertain the possibility that the Republicans are just not smart enough to catch her. I think most here would agree. :coffee:
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

houndawg wrote:
UNI88 wrote:
Not necessarily. I, for one, am willing to entertain the possibility that the Republicans are just not smart enough to catch her. I think most here would agree. :coffee:
Yes HD we're aware of your schtick

You remind us about as often that JSO reminds us Trump is President

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris