New York files suit against President Trump, alleging his charity engaged in ‘illegal conduct’

Political discussions
grizzaholic
One Man Wolfpack
One Man Wolfpack
I am a fan of: Hodgdon
A.K.A.: Random Mailer

Re: New York files suit against President Trump, alleging his charity engaged in ‘illegal conduct’

Post by grizzaholic »

dbackjon wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
Did you start the thread about Hillary's illegal conduct in her charity? :coffee:

You mean the one that has been investigated and found to be operating within the law, and actually doing what a foundation should be?

But that doesn't fit your extremist right-wing narrative, parroting the lies that your fuhrer told.
And that doesn't fit you protecting Hillary's body count :?
"What I'm saying is: You might have taken care of your wolf problem, but everyone around town is going to think of you as the crazy son of a bitch who bought land mines to get rid of wolves."

Justin Halpern
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Re: RE: Re: New York files suit against President Trump, alleging his charity engaged in ‘illegal conduct’

Post by SeattleGriz »

grizzaholic wrote:
dbackjon wrote:

You mean the one that has been investigated and found to be operating within the law, and actually doing what a foundation should be?

But that doesn't fit your extremist right-wing narrative, parroting the lies that your fuhrer told.
And that doesn't fit you protecting Hillary's body count :?
I'm more interested in seeing her DARPA exoskeleton she is wearing to keep her upright. Comes with a colostomy bag holder too!
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Re: RE: Re: New York files suit against President Trump, alleging his charity engaged in ‘illegal conduct’

Post by UNI88 »

89Hen wrote:
∞∞∞ wrote: I looked this up and it gets worse:

http://www.golf.com/tour-and-news/donal ... eport-says

1. Golfer makes hole-in-one during contest.
2. Trump organization says tee, which they set up, is short of the mark. They tell golfer to pound dirt.
3. Golfer sues.
4. Trump/golfer settle for way less ($158K).
5. Trump pays out of "charitable" Trump Foundation.

I wasn't there and never heard this story before, but your list of 1-5 is some shitty reporting there Tripp. NYT says golfer was playing in a charity event. That means the charity either paid for, or had somebody donate a Hole-in-One insurance policy for $1M (they cost a couple hundred bucks). The policies all have stipulations on yardage. The longer the distance, the cheaper the premium. Whomever set up the tees **** up, no doubt. That's probably why he sued the club (also because the club and Trump have the money). So it wasn't really the Trump course offering the $1M.

Just thought you'd like some insight on more of the story... from SIX years ago. Image
Exactly. If it was a charity event run by the Trump Foundation then it was their responsibility. A good pro/course manager will ask about minimum distances so this doesn't happen though.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Re: New York files suit against President Trump, alleging his charity engaged in ‘illegal conduct’

Post by ∞∞∞ »

89Hen wrote:I wasn't there and never heard this story before, but your list of 1-5 is some shitty reporting there Tripp. NYT says golfer was playing in a charity event. That means the charity either paid for, or had somebody donate a Hole-in-One insurance policy for $1M (they cost a couple hundred bucks). The policies all have stipulations on yardage. The longer the distance, the cheaper the premium. Whomever set up the tees **** up, no doubt. That's probably why he sued the club (also because the club and Trump have the money). So it wasn't really the Trump course offering the $1M.
Fair enough...

...but why did the payout come from the charity?
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

∞∞∞ wrote:
89Hen wrote:I wasn't there and never heard this story before, but your list of 1-5 is some shitty reporting there Tripp. NYT says golfer was playing in a charity event. That means the charity either paid for, or had somebody donate a Hole-in-One insurance policy for $1M (they cost a couple hundred bucks). The policies all have stipulations on yardage. The longer the distance, the cheaper the premium. Whomever set up the tees **** up, no doubt. That's probably why he sued the club (also because the club and Trump have the money). So it wasn't really the Trump course offering the $1M.
Fair enough...

...but why did the payout come from the charity?
Doesn't sound like it should have. I'm pretty much a rube when it comes to taxes, but there could be a loophole because it went to a charity and not to the golfer? Then again, could just be wrong. Just spitballing here.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

dbackjon wrote:But that doesn't fit your extremist right-wing narrative, parroting the lies that your fuhrer told.
:rofl: Just stop Jon. My God..
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: 1995 Montana Griz
A.K.A.: Fuck Off
Location: America: and having my rights violated on a daily basis

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

CitadelGrad wrote:I'll get bent out of shape about Trump just as soon as Hillary, Obama, Comey, McCabe, Lerner, Holder and many others are in prison.
Agree, and add McCain into that group of fucking crooks.

I love how the left has fallen. They are going after a charity golf tournament to try and get rid of a Great American President.

What's next jaywalking? Maybe something really brutal like failing to recycle his diet Coke cans.

Truly pathetic behavior from beyond pathetic individuals.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

ALPHAGRIZ1 - Now available in internet black

The flat earth society has members all around the globe
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: 1995 Montana Griz
A.K.A.: Fuck Off
Location: America: and having my rights violated on a daily basis

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

Ivytalk wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:You Trump Zombies need to wake up. Trump is corrupt. He is way more corrupt than Hillary Clinton ever was. And you've got your heads up his rectum.
Glad to see that you and dback have joined forces, JSO. Image
Lock up the underage boys!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

ALPHAGRIZ1 - Now available in internet black

The flat earth society has members all around the globe
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

JohnStOnge wrote:You Trump Zombies need to wake up. Trump is corrupt. He is way more corrupt than Hillary Clinton ever was. And you've got your heads up his rectum.
The non-Trump Zombies and non-Clintonista's can see they are both crooked. Who cares to what degree, politicians be politicians.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

dbackjon wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
Did you start the thread about Hillary's illegal conduct in her charity? :coffee:

That is such a giant crock of shit it doesn’t even warrant a response.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

AZGrizFan wrote:
dbackjon wrote:

That is such a giant crock of **** it doesn’t even warrant a response.
It does warrant a response because, to my knowledge, no prosecutorial agency local, state, or federal ever alleged that anything associated with the Clinton foundation was illegal.

BTW there has never been anything to credibly indicate that there was anything untoward associated with that Uranium One thing either. That is a bomb thrown by a Brietbart.com guy with no substance at all. Most of the referenced donation money came from one guy who wasn't even part of Uranium One when he donated the money.

See https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/hilla ... ssia-deal/
Of the $145 million allegedly contributed to the Clinton Foundation by Uranium One investors, the lion’s share — $131.3 million — came from a single donor, Frank Giustra, the company’s Canadian founder. But Giustra sold off his entire stake in the company in 2007, three years before the Russia deal and at least 18 months before Clinton became secretary of state.
It's just more of the decades long history of tinfoil hat conspiracy theories directed at the woman. But of course we have reached a point where facts don't matter to the side, the "conservative" side, that I had been on most of my life. The "conservative" side has become a mish mash of conspiracy theories and detachment from reality rallying behind one of the biggest liars to ever seek or hold public office.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

JohnStOnge wrote:
It's just more of the decades long history of tinfoil hat conspiracy theories directed at the woman. But of course we have reached a point where facts don't matter to the side, the "conservative" side, that I had been on most of my life. The "conservative" side has become a mish mash of conspiracy theories and detachment from reality rallying behind one of the biggest liars to ever seek or hold public office.
Verb tense is everything. You admit that you are not now a conservative. So grab that coon-ass Bernie banner and ride off into the sunset. Be proud to be a progtard. You’ve earned it! :thumb:
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

Ivytalk wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:
Verb tense is everything. You admit that you are not now a conservative. So grab that coon-ass Bernie banner and ride off into the sunset. Be proud to be a progtard. You’ve earned it! :thumb:
I am what I am. I don't think that if my positions on issues were listed not many people would call me a "progressive" or "liberal." I would, for instance, repeal all Civil Rights Act provisions that prohibit discrimination based on race by private businesses. I would eliminate "affirmative action." I would prohibit State universities from considering race during the admissions process. I would say that the Constitution does not prohibit local school boards from having prayers read over the intercom at schools or having prayers before football games. I would eliminate all laws that say a person can't do whatever drugs they want to do. I would say States have the right to make abortion illegal. So on and so forth.

But that doesn't matter to the point. The point is that for like close to three decades now we've had tinfoil hat conspiracy theory after tinfoil hat conspiracy theory about Hillary Clinton. And during all of that there has never been anything "real" like what we have here with a State Attorney General actually filing a case based on allegations of the Trump charity violating laws governing charitable organizations.

People who say they voted for Trump because Hillary Clinton is corrupt are idiots. I'm sorry, but they are. That's like going to a restaurant and eating an entire cheesecake because you think a cup of banana pudding has too many calories.

Trump is as corrupt as corrupt gets.
Last edited by JohnStOnge on Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Could I ever be a star?

JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

Ivytalk wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:
BTW I just took the test at https://www.politicalcompass.org/test and this is how I turned out:

I don't think there's any question that if you look at my positions on various issues I would fall into what we call the "conservative" category.

But that doesn't mean I'm not going to call "conservatives" out when they do something like rally behind an atrocity like Donald Trump. You have to be willing to criticize your own "side" when your own "side' is wrong.
Could I ever be a star?

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

JohnStOnge wrote:
Ivytalk wrote:
BTW I just took the test at https://www.politicalcompass.org/test and this is how I turned out:

I don't think there's any question that if you look at my positions on various issues I would fall into what we call the "conservative" category.

But that doesn't mean I'm not going to call "conservatives" out when they do something like rally behind an atrocity like Donald Trump. You have to be willing to criticize your own "side" when your own "side' is wrong.
This may be the first time a poster has taken an Internet test to “refute” an obvious troll, at least one made by me. :roll: Not sure I take much pleasure in that. :|
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

Ivytalk wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:

This may be the first time a poster has taken an Internet test to “refute” an obvious troll, at least one made by me. :roll: Not sure I take much pleasure in that. :|
It doesn't matter. This is serious. We have a serious problem with who is President right now. And if you are a conservative you ought to be particularly concerned about it because what is going on right now is destroying the credibility of conservatism. Trump is the face of conservatism right now. And it's not a pretty face.
Could I ever be a star?

CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Ivytalk wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:

Trolling JSO shouldn’t even count anymore

It’s like fishing for river carp with Wonder Bread
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

JohnStOnge wrote:
Ivytalk wrote: This may be the first time a poster has taken an Internet test to “refute” an obvious troll, at least one made by me. :roll: Not sure I take much pleasure in that. :|
It doesn't matter. This is serious. We have a serious problem with who is President right now. And if you are a conservative you ought to be particularly concerned about it because what is going on right now is destroying the credibility of conservatism. Trump is the face of conservatism right now. And it's not a pretty face.
I don’t think that any true conservative thinks that Trump is one of them. But many conservatives have rolled over, in the sense of taking what few policy gains they can get. More than they would have gotten under your girlfriend’s administration, that’s for damn sure.

That said, I think Joe Biden and a woman/minority VP ticket would be tough for Trump to beat. But we still have two years to go.
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Ivytalk wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:
I don’t think that any true conservative thinks that Trump is one of them. But many conservatives have rolled over, in the sense of taking what few policy gains they can get. More than they would have gotten under your girlfriend’s administration, that’s for damn sure.

That said, I think Joe Biden and a woman/minority VP ticket would be tough for Trump to beat. But we still have two years to go.
Biden has to stop groping and pinching asses

When his mind starts going on him he’ll be doing it more, too
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

CID1990 wrote:
Ivytalk wrote: I don’t think that any true conservative thinks that Trump is one of them. But many conservatives have rolled over, in the sense of taking what few policy gains they can get. More than they would have gotten under your girlfriend’s administration, that’s for damn sure.

It would be a damned entertaining debate, that’s for sure! What diminutive/derogatory tag could Drumpf put on Biden? Nothing like Lyin’ Ted, Little Marco, or Low-Energy Jeb. But Biden may well be fading mentally, and two more years won’t help.
CitadelGrad
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Jack Kerouac
A.K.A.: El Cid

Post by CitadelGrad »

Ivytalk wrote:
CID1990 wrote:

It would be a damned entertaining debate, that’s for sure! What diminutive/derogatory tag could Drumpf put on Biden? Nothing like Lyin’ Ted, Little Marco, or Low-Energy Jeb. But Biden may well be fading mentally, and two more years won’t help.
How about Bad Touch Biden or Joe Stranger Danger?
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

- Thomas Jefferson, in letter to William S. Smith, 1787

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

CitadelGrad wrote:
Ivytalk wrote: It would be a damned entertaining debate, that’s for sure! What diminutive/derogatory tag could Drumpf put on Biden? Nothing like Lyin’ Ted, Little Marco, or Low-Energy Jeb. But Biden may well be fading mentally, and two more years won’t help.
How about Bad Touch Biden or Joe Stranger Danger?
Not bad...you may have a future campaign role...
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

JohnStOnge wrote:
BTW there has never been anything to credibly indicate that there was anything untoward associated with that Uranium One thing either. That is a bomb thrown by a Brietbart.com guy with no substance at all. Most of the referenced donation money came from one guy who wasn't even part of Uranium One when he donated the money.

See https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/hilla ... ssia-deal/
Of the $145 million allegedly contributed to the Clinton Foundation by Uranium One investors, the lion’s share — $131.3 million — came from a single donor, Frank Giustra, the company’s Canadian founder. But Giustra sold off his entire stake in the company in 2007, three years before the Russia deal and at least 18 months before Clinton became secretary of state.
So one degree of transaction is all it takes to satisfy you in an investigation?

Good thing Mueller kept digging because he would have never discovered Manafort's laundering if he stopped at the first level.
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

JohnStOnge wrote: BTW I just took the test at https://www.politicalcompass.org/test and this is how I turned out:

:lol: :lol:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

JohnStOnge wrote:
Ivytalk wrote:

I was center-right.
Spoiler: show
In the left-libertarian box. :mrgreen: