Political discussions
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

2018 Primaries

Post by Ibanez »

There are few notable outcomes from yesterday's primary

Mark Sanford (R) lost his first election to Katie Arrington. Sanford is a noted critic of Trump whereas Arrington pledged an oath of loyalty to Trump.
His critiques of Trump have often focused on the President's style. After the shooting at congressional Republicans' baseball practice, Sanford on MSNBC said Trump is "partially to blame for demons that have been unleashed" in American politics. In 2017, Sanford told Politico that Trump had "fanned the flames of intolerance." He also called it "befuddling" that with Trump "facts don't matter."
Sanford addressed Trump's tweet Tuesday night, saying it's "fairly unusual" for a president to weigh in as Trump did and saying he's "neither for nor against Trump," but instead bases his decisions and comments on his political values.
"It may cost me an election in this case but I stand by every one of those decisions to disagree with the president," Sanford said.
Archie Parnell (D) won, even after he admitted to beating his wife.
In South Carolina, Archie Parnell won the Democratic primary in the 5th District despite admitting to domestic abuse in the 1970s. Local, state and national Democrats have called on him to drop out of the race in the deep-red district and said they wouldn't support him if he won.
And our Guv'na is headed to a runoff with a guy that is supported by Duck Dynasty (seriously :ohno: )
Republican Gov. Henry McMaster -- an early and vocal supporter of Trump who replaced former Gov. Nikki Haley -- fell short of 50% and is headed to a June 26 runoff with the second-place finisher, businessman John Warren.
I liked Sanford - say what you want about his affair and running off to Argentina, the man has political values and won't bend them just to #MAGA.

I'm not a fan of Parnell and will vote against him. He tried running for the seat with Trump tapped Mulvaney for an admin position. There's something about Parnell that I didn't like then - now there's more.

McMaster is an ass who tries to interject religion too often into our politics. I hope he loses the runoff and in November.

How'd your state do?
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
TheDancinMonarch
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Old Dominion

Re: 2018 Primaries

Post by TheDancinMonarch »

In Virginia Corey Stewart wins the Republican nomination to face Tim Kaine. Stewart will try to "Trump" Kaine but it will not work. When Trump "Trumps" someone he is being an ass but he is also being real and it is that reality that sells. When Stewart does the same he just come off being an ass. Kaine by 20 in November.
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

Bill Kristol is on twitter joining the chorus complaining that Trump hijacking the party. BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. If only he and his Neocons were running the GOP the party would be so much better off.
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

TheDancinMonarch wrote:In Virginia Corey Stewart wins the Republican nomination to face Tim Kaine. Stewart will try to "Trump" Kaine but it will not work. When Trump "Trumps" someone he is being an ass but he is also being real and it is that reality that sells. When Stewart does the same he just come off being an ass. Kaine by 20 in November.

Stewart is a self-declared neo-Nazi White Supremacist that Trump loves - shows how low the GOP has stooped.
:thumb:
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

dbackjon wrote:
TheDancinMonarch wrote:In Virginia Corey Stewart wins the Republican nomination to face Tim Kaine. Stewart will try to "Trump" Kaine but it will not work. When Trump "Trumps" someone he is being an ass but he is also being real and it is that reality that sells. When Stewart does the same he just come off being an ass. Kaine by 20 in November.

Stewart is a self-declared neo-Nazi White Supremacist that Trump loves - shows how low the GOP has stooped.[/]

Too low for a reach-around? :?

You gotta admit: you teed that one up! :mrgreen:
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

dbackjon wrote:

Stewart is a self-declared neo-Nazi White Supremacist that Trump loves - shows how low the GOP has stooped.
A " self-declared neo-Nazi White Supremacist"? Well, I guess if wife beater and rapists can do well in the Democratic party, a racists can do well in the GOP.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Re: RE: Re: 2018 Primaries

Post by UNI88 »

dbackjon wrote:

I'll just leave this here ...

Bill Ayers
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

The people who won the primaries were the expected ones up here, so nothing new. But the fun doesn't start till this fall and it will feature Kevin Cramer (R) who is challenging Heidi Heitkamp (D) for ND lone Senate seat. So far it looks like it will be the most expensive race in ND history.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

Winterborn wrote:The people who won the primaries were the expected ones up here, so nothing new. But the fun doesn't start till this fall and it will feature Kevin Cramer (R) who is challenging Heidi Heitkamp (D) for ND lone Senate seat. So far it looks like it will be the most expensive race in ND history.
Yup. Heidi and Joe Manchin will be impersonating Republicans for the rest of the year. :roll:
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

Ivytalk wrote: Yup. Heidi and Joe Manchin will be impersonating Republicans for the rest of the year. :roll:
I think it will be a little to late for Heidi but who knows. Not looking forward to all the ads though. They have already started campaigning and advertising on the local TV stations.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

If I still lived in VA I would have voted for Freitas. Not because of anything against Stewart per se, but from what little I know of the 38 year old Freitas:
-a former Green Beret.
-much better chance of beating Kaine.
-this 7 min speech on the floor of the VA House defending the 2nd Amendment, which apparently received over 11 million hits on his Facebook page: :clap:
phpBB [video]
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by dbackjon »

Ibanez wrote:
dbackjon wrote:

A " self-declared neo-Nazi White Supremacist"? Well, I guess if wife beater and rapists can do well in the Democratic party, a racists can do well in the GOP.
Difference is - the Democratic Party didn't endorse the wife beater, and actively worked against him, and is still urging him to drop out, while the RNC and Trump are firmly behind the Neo-Nazi.

but you knew that already
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: RE: Re: 2018 Primaries

Post by dbackjon »

UNI88 wrote:
dbackjon wrote:

I'll just leave this here ...

Bill Ayers

Didn't realize he was running ror anything.
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by dbackjon »

Ivytalk wrote:
Winterborn wrote:The people who won the primaries were the expected ones up here, so nothing new. But the fun doesn't start till this fall and it will feature Kevin Cramer (R) who is challenging Heidi Heitkamp (D) for ND lone Senate seat. So far it looks like it will be the most expensive race in ND history.
Yup. Heidi and Joe Manchin will be impersonating Republicans for the rest of the year. :roll:

And that changes what?
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

dbackjon wrote:
Ivytalk wrote: Yup. Heidi and Joe Manchin will be impersonating Republicans for the rest of the year. :roll:

And that changes what?
Dinner plans.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

dbackjon wrote:
Ibanez wrote: A " self-declared neo-Nazi White Supremacist"? Well, I guess if wife beater and rapists can do well in the Democratic party, a racists can do well in the GOP.
Difference is - the Democratic Party didn't endorse the wife beater, and actively worked against him, and is still urging him to drop out, while the RNC and Trump are firmly behind the Neo-Nazi.

but you knew that already
That didn't stop the avg Democratic voter voting for him, allowing him to win the primary. Who cares if the machine and staff pulled support - he still had the will of the people. And I bet you what - the DNC is happy he won and will support him in November. And to be frank, the incident was 40 years ago. We all make mistakes. Hell, I heard that a former Dem governor used to drive around with cops and pick up chicks and then fuck interns. That guy was made POTUS!

but you knew that already.

Btw, i'm too lazy to look it up and you said it - the guy is a "self-declared Nazi"? I haven't heard that.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: 2018 Primaries

Post by UNI88 »

dbackjon wrote:
UNI88 wrote:I'll just leave this here ...

Bill Ayers

Didn't realize he was running ror anything.
Just pointing out that the Dems have quite a few skeletons in their closet too.
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: 2018 Primaries

Post by Skjellyfetti »

UNI88 wrote: Just pointing out that the Dems have quite a few skeletons in their closet too.
This isn't in the closet. These are skeletons strewn all over the front lawn. :lol:
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

Not sure how CA's primaries went, but I guess the "big" news is that it isn't 2 leftists running against each other for governor this Nov. Meh.
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Ibanez wrote:There are few notable outcomes from yesterday's primary

Mark Sanford (R) lost his first election to Katie Arrington. Sanford is a noted critic of Trump whereas Arrington pledged an oath of loyalty to Trump.
His critiques of Trump have often focused on the President's style. After the shooting at congressional Republicans' baseball practice, Sanford on MSNBC said Trump is "partially to blame for demons that have been unleashed" in American politics. In 2017, Sanford told Politico that Trump had "fanned the flames of intolerance." He also called it "befuddling" that with Trump "facts don't matter."
Sanford addressed Trump's tweet Tuesday night, saying it's "fairly unusual" for a president to weigh in as Trump did and saying he's "neither for nor against Trump," but instead bases his decisions and comments on his political values.
"It may cost me an election in this case but I stand by every one of those decisions to disagree with the president," Sanford said.
In South Carolina, Archie Parnell won the Democratic primary in the 5th District despite admitting to domestic abuse in the 1970s. Local, state and national Democrats have called on him to drop out of the race in the deep-red district and said they wouldn't support him if he won.
And our Guv'na is headed to a runoff with a guy that is supported by Duck Dynasty (seriously :ohno: )
Republican Gov. Henry McMaster -- an early and vocal supporter of Trump who replaced former Gov. Nikki Haley -- fell short of 50% and is headed to a June 26 runoff with the second-place finisher, businessman John Warren.
I liked Sanford - say what you want about his affair and running off to Argentina, the man has political values and won't bend them just to #MAGA.

I'm not a fan of Parnell and will vote against him. He tried running for the seat with Trump tapped Mulvaney for an admin position. There's something about Parnell that I didn't like then - now there's more.

McMaster is an ass who tries to interject religion too often into our politics. I hope he loses the runoff and in November.

How'd your state do?
Sanford was one of the last true fiscal conservatives in the House.
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

CID1990 wrote:
Ibanez wrote:There are few notable outcomes from yesterday's primary

How'd your state do?
Sanford was one of the last true fiscal conservatives in the House.
That he was. I didn’t agree with his personal choices, but He has stuck to his principles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: 2018 Primaries

Post by UNI88 »

Skjellyfetti wrote:
UNI88 wrote: Just pointing out that the Dems have quite a few skeletons in their closet too.
This isn't in the closet. These are skeletons strewn all over the front lawn. Image
Collectively we have a dumpster fire of epic proportions but that doesn't change the reality that supporters of both sides can be hypocrites who rationalize their side's behavior while condemning offensive behavior by the other side.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Ivytalk wrote:
Yes they will :lol:

And 90% of Republicans will do the same once elected.

:lol:
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

Still waiting for the proof that someone in 2018 is a self declared "neo-Nazi, White Supremacist."

The guy sounds like an idiot - but I haven't read anything where he states, he's "neo-Nazi".

Then again, I guess most Southern men are, "neo-Nazi, White Supremacist," in Dbacks view. :coffee:
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

Ibanez wrote:Still waiting for the proof that someone in 2018 is a self declared "neo-Nazi, White Supremacist."

The guy sounds like an idiot - but I haven't read anything where he states, he's "neo-Nazi".

Then again, I guess most Southern men are, "neo-Nazi, White Supremacist," in Dbacks view. :coffee:
Anyone to the right of Mao is a Nazi to BarebackJ. Par for the course for the Clowns of the #Resistance. :coffee: