Political discussions
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Re: The Democratic Party...

Post by ∞∞∞ »

Gil Dobie wrote:
∞∞∞ wrote: Bolded for you. :?

My two clients are a) airlines and b) National Parks Service. It allows me to travel a decent amount, although in short bursts. And yes, for the airlines it's mostly to large cities. Opposite is true for NPS.

ps. I personally love the urban life; I have no issues with those who want to live a more rural lifestyle. But if that's your choice, don't bitch and hold back progress in other areas because you fear change.
People I know are not afraid of change. What kind of changes are you talking about?
Training for different careers, increased environmental and financial regulations, stronger social and welfare programs, single-payer healthcare, and a better separation of Church and State.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

∞∞∞ wrote:
Gil Dobie wrote:
People I know are not afraid of change. What kind of changes are you talking about?
Training for different careers, increased environmental and financial regulations, stronger social and welfare programs, single-payer healthcare, and a better separation of Church and State.
Sounds like a choice between conservative's and liberal politics. See the same with people in the city, although most cities have a majority of liberals, while rural is conservative. Change isn't always for the better.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

∞∞∞ wrote:
Gil Dobie wrote:
Cities by nature require increased environmental regulation and stronger social and welfare programs.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Gil Dobie wrote:
∞∞∞ wrote: Training for different careers, increased environmental and financial regulations, stronger social and welfare programs, single-payer healthcare, and a better separation of Church and State.
Sounds like a choice between conservative's and liberal politics. See the same with people in the city, although most cities have a majority of liberals, while rural is conservative. Change isn't always for the better.
Conservatives should be for increased conservation standards (its in the name). It also gets in the way of “progress”.

They also should be for the separation of church and state on the basis of limited government.
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

kalm wrote:
∞∞∞ wrote: Training for different careers, increased environmental and financial regulations, stronger social and welfare programs, single-payer healthcare, and a better separation of Church and State.
Cities by nature require increased environmental regulation and stronger social and welfare programs.
Agreed, but honestly, most cities will be fine; they can weather political changes and if there's federal laws they don't like, it's very easy to tie them up in the court system or simply ignore them.

Rural America will get hit the hardest by voting against their own self-interests. Industrious cities get hit hard too, but if properly managed, have infrastructure to shift their focus into other things.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

kalm wrote:
One of the differences I've noticed, is if you land in a rural community, nothing to your name. Someone usually takes you in, feeds you, helps you find a job. In the city, they point you to the nearest homeless shelter. I still remember being with my grandparents, they pickup a hitch-hiker, take them home, feed them, and help them get to where they were going. A guy tried that at the local homeless shelter, and he got mugged and his car stolen.

It's basically the government helping the homeless in the city and the individuals and church groups helping them in rural area's.
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

∞∞∞ wrote:
kalm wrote:
Agreed, but honestly, most cities will be fine; they can weather political changes and if there's federal laws they don't like, it's very easy to tie them up in the court system or simply ignore them.

Rural America will get hit the hardest by voting against their own self-interests. Industrious cities get hit hard too, but if properly managed, have infrastructure to shift their focus into other things.
Just what everyone needs...a 'progressive' telling us what is in our own best interests. :roll:

That is why Donald Trump is your president.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

∞∞∞ wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
so your entire position is based off of one trip to the Midwest and when you lived in West Virginia as a baby. :rofl:
Bolded for you. :?

My two clients are a) airlines and b) National Parks Service. It allows me to travel a decent amount, although in short bursts. And yes, for the airlines it's mostly to large cities. Opposite is true for NPS.

ps. I personally love the urban life; I have no issues with those who want to live a more rural lifestyle. But if that's your choice, don't bitch and hold back progress in other areas because you fear change.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

so their choice to live a different lifestyle is somehow "holding back progress in other areas"?

Do tell.... :coffee: :coffee: :coffee:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

JohnStOnge wrote:
BDKJMU wrote:"

“We were doing a social experiment to see how one would be treated as an open Trump supporter,” Schaffer told The Gateway Pundit. “It turns out that it’s not very safe to be one.”..
An open Trump supporter SHOULD be treated like shit. I don't get why anyone would be surprised that openly supporting Trump would get you treated like an idiot, etc. If you openly act like an idiot, etc., how do you expect people to treat you?
Don’t be violent. You’re attacking someone for having a difference of opinion....how rational is that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

∞∞∞ wrote:
Gil Dobie wrote:When you get closest to the country’s tallest buildings you are governed by ideologues of the progressive left.
Hell yeah. Our cities are living monuments to innovation, industry, technology, opportunity, and progress.
Trump owns some of those tall buildings...

∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

Ibanez wrote:
∞∞∞ wrote: Hell yeah. Our cities are living monuments to innovation, industry, technology, opportunity, and progress.
Trump owns some of those tall buildings...
Which is fine.

For example, I'm impressed with what his organization did to the Old Post Office in DC. Some of his redevelopments also saved other beautiful buildings (Trump Park/Trump Parc), and Trump Tower on 5th is a beautiful skyscraper. I'm sure some great minds worked to make that physically possible.

What I dislike about Trump is the stiffing of contractors, constant lying, nonexistent ethics, lack of curiosity, disregard for American values, and attacks on his own people. Treason is pretty bad too. :coffee:
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

∞∞∞ wrote: What I dislike about Trump is the stiffing of contractors, constant lying, nonexistent ethics, lack of curiosity, disregard for American values, dickish behavior, and attacks on his own people.
Trip, I agree with all of those except the bolded ones. Not sure what you mean by them. Need examples.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

∞∞∞ wrote:
Ibanez wrote: Trump owns some of those tall buildings...
Which is fine.

For example, I'm impressed with what his organization did to the Old Post Office in DC. Some of his redevelopments also saved other beautiful buildings (Trump Park/Trump Parc), and Trump Tower on 5th is a beautiful skyscraper. I'm sure some great minds worked to make that physically possible.

What I dislike about Trump is the stiffing of contractors, constant lying, nonexistent ethics, lack of curiosity, disregard for American values, and attacks on his own people. Treason is pretty bad too. :coffee:
Constant lying. Nonexistent ethics. Disregard for American values. Attacks on his own people. Treason.

Sounds like you just described Hildabeast.
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

AZGrizFan wrote:
∞∞∞ wrote: Which is fine.

Constant lying. Nonexistent ethics. Disregard for American values. Attacks on his own people. Treason.

Hillary Clinton is more ethical than Donald Trump is. Also lies a lot less frequently than he does. American values? People probably disagree on what those are. But whatever they are Trump doesn't have any. Neither is guilty of treason.

Hillary Clinton got a Yale law degree then took a job making no money at the Children's Defense Fund. She also released her tax returns during the 2016 campaign per the informal ethical standard previously established. At this point Politifact has 50% of Clinton's evaluated statements rated as True or Mostly True. It's got 17% of Trump's statements rated as such. At this point 26% of Clinton's statements are rated as Mostly False, False, or Pants on Fire. 70% of Trump's statements are rated as such.

Pointing at Clinton to excuse Trump is absurd. He's WAY worse. He makes her look like Mother Theresa. He is the most corrupt, most dishonest, and as a bonus the most emotionally immature and unstable President of our lifetimes. And it's not close. There has been nobody in that position remotely close to this bad.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

∞∞∞ wrote:
HI54UNI wrote:

How much time have you spent in rural America?
I lived in West Virginia a long time ago (and that sucked). The most recent trip I took was two weeks between Minnesota, South Dakota, Iowa, Wyoming, and North Dakota...stayed in Sioux Falls, SD; Rapid City, SD; Lemmon, SD, and finished up in Minneapolis.

That part of rural America is certainly beautiful, if not completely gorgeous. The people are awesome, but damn is it boring and everything is falling apart. I totally understand their anger, but as great as the people were (and we discussed politics), no one wanted to actually do anything new.

Minneapolis was amazing though; it's one of the greatest American cities I've ever visited. Lively, progressive, multicultural, great food, cares for nature, new developments, etc.

On the other hand, Lemmon was surprisingly charming for a small town in the middle of nowhere. Not a place I'd stay for more than 2-3 days, but it had a bit going for it for its size. Plus I was there for the Boss Cowman Rodeo, so they fed the entire town and all visitors a free steak dinner which was sweet.
So your opinion about rural America is based on a two week trip which included Minneapolis and Sioux Falls? :roll: :coffee:
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

HI54UNI wrote:
∞∞∞ wrote: I lived in West Virginia a long time ago (and that sucked). The most recent trip I took was two weeks between Minnesota, South Dakota, Iowa, Wyoming, and North Dakota...stayed in Sioux Falls, SD; Rapid City, SD; Lemmon, SD, and finished up in Minneapolis.

That part of rural America is certainly beautiful, if not completely gorgeous. The people are awesome, but damn is it boring and everything is falling apart. I totally understand their anger, but as great as the people were (and we discussed politics), no one wanted to actually do anything new.

Minneapolis was amazing though; it's one of the greatest American cities I've ever visited. Lively, progressive, multicultural, great food, cares for nature, new developments, etc.

On the other hand, Lemmon was surprisingly charming for a small town in the middle of nowhere. Not a place I'd stay for more than 2-3 days, but it had a bit going for it for its size. Plus I was there for the Boss Cowman Rodeo, so they fed the entire town and all visitors a free steak dinner which was sweet.
So your opinion about rural America is based on a two week trip which included Minneapolis and Sioux Falls? :roll: :coffee:
When you're woke and really smart you can do that

it's us bumpkins that need to get with the program

"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

JohnStOnge wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:

Hillary Clinton is more ethical than Donald Trump is. Also lies a lot less frequently than he does. American values? People probably disagree on what those are. But whatever they are Trump doesn't have any. Neither is guilty of treason.

Hillary Clinton got a Yale law degree then took a job making no money at the Children's Defense Fund. She also released her tax returns during the 2016 campaign per the informal ethical standard previously established. At this point Politifact has 50% of Clinton's evaluated statements rated as True or Mostly True. It's got 17% of Trump's statements rated as such. At this point 26% of Clinton's statements are rated as Mostly False, False, or Pants on Fire. 70% of Trump's statements are rated as such.

Pointing at Clinton to excuse Trump is absurd. He's WAY worse. He makes her look like Mother Theresa. He is the most corrupt, most dishonest, and as a bonus the most emotionally immature and unstable President of our lifetimes. And it's not close. There has been nobody in that position remotely close to this bad.
You voted for Clinton, so I can understand you putting Hillary on a pedestal, being you voted for her. There is no beauty contest here IMO, you can flush them both down the pooper. You should be bashing the political parties for giving us this BS. There were plenty of candidates better than Clinton or Trump. I don't really care who some politically funded group says "rates" better, Clinton and Trump are one in the same.

AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

JohnStOnge wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:

We've been down the road before, John. It's not the quantity, it's the quality.

And there, Clinton has him whupped in spades.
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

Gil Dobie wrote:
K,K,K,F
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

JohnStOnge wrote: Hillary Clinton got a Yale law degree then took a job making no money at the Children's Defense Fund.
Gee, John, do you think she was motivated to do so because of political ambitions?

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/so-yo ... ald-trump/

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

CAA Flagship wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote: Hillary Clinton got a Yale law degree then took a job making no money at the Children's Defense Fund.
Gee, John, do you think she was motivated to do so because of political ambitions?

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/so-yo ... ald-trump/

There’s been a story in Charleston how in the late 80s, a family owned business burned down and the insurance policy screwed the family out of money. A relative was friends with Trump and a few weeks later, the family received a check from trump for the amount they were owed by the insurance company. They were never asked to pay it back.

∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

If I shelter 1,000 orphans and then murder someone, I'm not going to be remembered for the shelter.

The few above points mean nothing in the grand scheme of how history will judge Trump's life.
Spoiler: show
It won't be great.
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

I honestly don't think Trump is a sociopath and never did. In fact I think with some flattery and a few crocodile tears you could tap into his empathetic side fairly easy.

His problem is that he's got a colossal ego and is ignorant and when someone gets hurt as a result of his policies he can easily convince himself it's "fake news", facts be damned.
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

∞∞∞ wrote:If I shelter 1,000 orphans and then murder someone, I'm not going to be remembered for the shelter.

The few above points mean nothing in the grand scheme of how history will judge Trump's life.
Spoiler: show
It won't be great.
Looking pretty good so far.

Record stock market
record low unemployment
record high business confidence index
consistent and growing GDP
Elimination of Obamacare Mandate Tax
2 excellent Supreme Court additions
NoKo dearming/denuking
Out of Paris accord
Out of Iran nuclear agreement (now if he could just get the planeload of cash back)
NATO & UN brought into line
Out of Pan-American Treaty
Reopened talks on NAFTA
Wall construction ongoing/record low border crossings
Keystone pipeline green light
Opening up oil drilling in arctic & gulf (US now largest oil producer in the world)
Tax reform/cuts
Regulatory reform/rollback of ridiculous, onerous Dodd-Frank
Neutering the ridiculously powerful CFPB
Recognizing Jerusalem as capital of Israel (I'm sure you LOVE this one, eh?)

....and the list goes on and on.

All accomplished while the economy experiences something unprecedented: the unwinding of QE I, II & III by the Fed as they shrink their balance sheet. No president has EVER had to navigate that. EVER.

But all you'll remember is his tweets and the bullshit Russian collusion investigation (that should already have Obama and Clinton in jail).

The Paris Accord, Iran Nuclear Agreement, NATO, UN, tariffs/trade imbalance, NAFTA, Pan-American Treaty....what do all these things have in common? They're agreements/arrangements his predecessors put in place or continued where the US gets absolutely buttfucked economically/financially at every turn. There's not a SINGLE one of those where it's a level playing field. He's attempting to fix those things and you want to pillory him for it? Why do you hate America?
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

I know conservatives jerk off to dollar bills, but the US isn't founded on capitalism or how well the stock market does. It's founded on the right to Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness.

People and governments throughout history are not remembered for economies, unless it's particularly bad. They're remembered for how they treated people and major geopolitical milestones.

And all the stuff you listed is awful, except the unemployment numbers. And Obama had good unemployment numbers (except those were "bad paying jobs" which have suddenly become "good paying jobs." :roll:)

ps. NoKo denuking? :rofl: