Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: 1995 Montana Griz
A.K.A.: Fuck Off
Location: America: and having my rights violated on a daily basis

Re: RE: Re: 2018 SCOTUS cases

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

kalm wrote:
Pwns wrote:In today's political climate you're committing business suicide excluding some group of people.

It'll get around on social media that you're a bigotry-filled, bigoted bigot-bigot and then you're in deep poop.
Why would you want to exclude any group of people (based on race, sexuality, religion) from your business? :suspicious:
Who cares? It's their business they can run it however they want to and that includes running it into the ground.

I charge liberals more when I bid jobs. Always have, I figure they like taxes so much I am going to implement one on them that benefits me. If they don't like it they can go elsewhere.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

ALPHAGRIZ1 - Now available in internet black

The flat earth society has members all around the globe
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Re: 2018 SCOTUS cases

Post by BDKJMU »

Chizzang wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:
There is something "off" about that source. Like for instance as soon as I saw it I knew that there is no WAY New Orleans is only 35% Black. That's a majority Black city. So I went directly to the Census Bureau and it has "Black Alone" making up 59.8% of the population of the city (https://www.census.gov/quickfacts/fact/ ... /PST045216).

Whatever is going on with that "blackdemographics.com" source, I don't think it's accurate.
Regardless of how off or on that list is... Seattle is white
and if the Metropolitan area of Seattle has every 1-20 peoples being black
that's low for a Major Metro in USA

:nod:
Well, the metro area was reported at 5.7%, so that’s about 1 black for every 17.5 people. And the metro drags the city # down. City was reported at 7% black, about 1 every 14..

Seattle city (wiki, 2012-2016 ACS) 65.7% non Hispanic white.
Seattle metro area (wiki, 2010 census) 68% non Hispanic white (which has probably dropped a couple % since 2010..

I wouldn’t call an area that is about 2/3 (non Hispanic) white as being ‘white’. When I think of areas that are ‘white’ I think of areas that are at least 80+% (non Hispanic) white..
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote:
Chizzang wrote:
Regardless of how off or on that list is... Seattle is white
and if the Metropolitan area of Seattle has every 1-20 peoples being black
that's low for a Major Metro in USA

:nod:
Well, the metro area was reported at 5.7%, so that’s about 1 black for every 17.5 people. And the metro drags the city # down. City was reported at 7% black, about 1 every 14..

Seattle metro area (wiki, 2010 census) 68% non Hispanic white (which has probably dropped a couple % since 2010..

I wouldn’t call an area that is about 2/3 (non Hispanic) white as being ‘white’. When I think of areas that are ‘white’ I think of areas that are at least 80+% (non Hispanic) white..
Haven't we had a thread about the "whiteness" of Seattle? This all seems familiar.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

Ibanez wrote:
BDKJMU wrote: Well, the metro area was reported at 5.7%, so that’s about 1 black for every 17.5 people. And the metro drags the city # down. City was reported at 7% black, about 1 every 14..

Haven't we had a thread about the "whiteness" of Seattle? This all seems familiar.
You have to have never been in Seattle (ever) to think it's anything other than white...

:lol:

Like I said we've got a sh!tload of Asians
and probably an average amount of Latino's

Mostly a lot of white folks
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Chizzang wrote:
Ibanez wrote:
You have to have never been in Seattle (ever) to think it's anything other than white...

Wrong, I've been a # of times, mostly just near the airport. As far as downtown, I can remember twice, 2003ish (I remember there was a lot black teens/early 20s loitering near the space needle), and 2007 (stayed a night at the Hilton downtown).

Asians aren't considered white. Most people don't consider Latinos as white, although they technically are.

Sure, its 'white' for a major city/metro area, but again, I don't consider 65%-68% very white like you do. Again my definition would be in the 80+% range and up..
Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

BDKJMU wrote:
Chizzang wrote:

Wrong, I've been a # of times, mostly just near the airport. As far as downtown, I can remember twice, 2003ish (I remember there was a lot black teens/early 20s loitering near the space needle), and 2007 (stayed a night at the Hilton downtown).

Asians aren't considered white. Most people don't consider Latinos as white, although they technically are.

Sure, its 'white' for a major city/metro area, but again, I don't consider 65%-68% very white like you do. Again my definition would be in the 80+% range and up..
You saw some blak kids... holy crap ! must have been some of those 1-out of-17.6
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

BDKJMU wrote:
Chizzang wrote:

BDK- they were near the airport because they were being deported back to Illinois

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

CID1990 wrote:
BDKJMU wrote:

BDK- they were near the airport because they were being deported back to Illinois

The airport is 10 miles south of town
and in a low rent area - there will be black folks there - some of them even have jobs

it's crazy
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Chizzang wrote:
Ibanez wrote:

Oh yeah...I'll give you white.....an "angry" white.
With all that said, these are the whitest cities in America:

Billings, MT (Photos)
Springfield, MO (Photos)
Fargo, ND (Photos)
Cedar Rapids, IA (Photos)
Sterling Heights, MI (Photos)
Boise City, ID (Photos)
Sioux Falls, SD (Photos)
Spokane, WA (Photos)
Lincoln, NE (Photos)
Scottsdale, AZ (Photos)

8. Spokane, WA

Population: 212,078
Percent White: 82.0%
Percent White 2010: 84.7%
Percent Change: 0.6%

Just so we have some level of west coast represention (because Idaho doesn’t count), Spokane makes an appearance at number 7.

The white people here are angry as Spokane ranks as one of the more dangerous cities in Washington state and America.
https://www.roadsnacks.net/whitest-cities-in-america/

Picked the youngest up at Cheney High School yesterday and while waiting out front in the car, marveled at the diversity.

When I was there in the 80's we had 3 black kids among 600 in grades 10-12, probably 5 hispanics, and the one asian girl who's family owned the Chinese Gardens.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

kalm wrote:

When I was there in the 80's we had 3 black kids among 600 in grades 10-12, probably 5 hispanics, and the one asian girl who's family owned the Chinese Gardens.
My school in northern ND, had 3 Asian and 2 Hispanic kids my Senior year, among 100 in grades 1-12.
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

Gil Dobie wrote:
kalm wrote:

My school in northern ND, had 3 Asian and 2 Hispanic kids my Senior year, among 100 in grades 1-12.
So the kids of the landscaper and the Chinese restaurant?
:thumb:
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

dbackjon wrote:
Gil Dobie wrote:
So the kids of the landscaper and the Chinese restaurant?
Nope, kids of the Methodist Pastor were Asian, and a Hispanic family that settled in my home town. I forgot the 2 Asian kids from the Lutheran Pastor. Out of 100 kids, 93 percent white. That's pretty good for a small town in North Dakota.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

kalm wrote:
Chizzang wrote:

Oh yeah...I'll give you white.....an "angry" white.
With all that said, these are the whitest cities in America:

Billings, MT (Photos)
Springfield, MO (Photos)
Fargo, ND (Photos)
Cedar Rapids, IA (Photos)
Sterling Heights, MI (Photos)
Boise City, ID (Photos)
Sioux Falls, SD (Photos)
Spokane, WA (Photos)
Lincoln, NE (Photos)
Scottsdale, AZ (Photos)

8. Spokane, WA

Population: 212,078
Percent White: 82.0%
Percent White 2010: 84.7%
Percent Change: 0.6%

Just so we have some level of west coast represention (because Idaho doesn’t count), Spokane makes an appearance at number 7.

The white people here are angry as Spokane ranks as one of the more dangerous cities in Washington state and America.
https://www.roadsnacks.net/whitest-cities-in-america/
To note they only ranked the whitest cities over 100k population. They have Billings at the whitest at 86.1% non Hispanic white. There's probably at least 30 cities between 25k-100k over 90% white..
OL FU
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: Furman

Post by OL FU »

Chizzang wrote:
Ibanez wrote:

Every time I went to Seattle I couldn't tell but I think that's because I couldn't see very well while under my umbrella :(
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

BDKJMU wrote: To note they only ranked the whitest cities over 100k population. They have Billings at the whitest at 86.1% non Hispanic white. There's probably at least 30 cities between 25k-100k over 90% white..
Is 25k really a city? :suspicious:

Maybe another mountain vs hill debate
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

I love how a thread on SCOTUS cases has turned into a debate on how white a city is. Now all we need is 100 posts by JSO about how Trump sucks.
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Skjellyfetti wrote:
BDKJMU wrote: To note they only ranked the whitest cities over 100k population. They have Billings at the whitest at 86.1% non Hispanic white. There's probably at least 30 cities between 25k-100k over 90% white..

Shit yes, 25k is a city. Technically speaking wouldn't it be any towns er groups of people and residences and a few businesses that are incorporated? State's probably have definitions.

In some these parts 25K is a regional metropolis. I know cities of less than 800.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

kalm wrote:
Skjellyfetti wrote:

Shit yes, 25k is a city. Technically speaking wouldn't it be any towns er groups of people and residences and a few businesses that are incorporated? State's probably have definitions.

In some these parts 25K is a regional metropolis. I know cities of less than 800.
Spangle
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Skjellyfetti wrote:

"How Many Cities Are There in the United States?

The United States Geological Survey recognizes 35,000 cities and towns within the U.S. To be recognized by the United States Geological Survey, a place simply has to have a permanent population and buildings. It does not have to be incorporated.

An unincorporated place is usually a location with a permanent population of less than 5,000. According to City Mayors, there are 19,429 municipal governments in the United States. Only those areas large enough to incorporate have municipal governments, so the amount of cities and towns in the United States large enough to incorporate is just under 20,000. If cities are counted based strictly on the population definition for a city, which is generally a place with 10,000 or greater permanent residents, then the number changes again. All municipalities with permanent populations between 5,000 and 10,000 must be removed. According to the United States Census Bureau, the number of towns or municipalities with fewer than 10,000 residents is about 31,000. That would mean that of the 35,000 cities and towns recognized by the United States Geological Survey, only 4,000 of them actually qualify as cities based on the term "city" as defined by population. It is estimated that about half of the United States population resides in a city or town with fewer than 25,000 people."
https://www.reference.com/geography/man ... 08284e6a62#
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

BDKJMU wrote:
Skjellyfetti wrote:

The United States Geological Survey recognizes 35,000 cities and towns within the U.S. To be recognized by the United States Geological Survey, a place simply has to have a permanent population and buildings. It does not have to be incorporated.

An unincorporated place is usually a location with a permanent population of less than 5,000. According to City Mayors, there are 19,429 municipal governments in the United States. Only those areas large enough to incorporate have municipal governments, so the amount of cities and towns in the United States large enough to incorporate is just under 20,000. If cities are counted based strictly on the population definition for a city, which is generally a place with 10,000 or greater permanent residents, then the number changes again. All municipalities with permanent populations between 5,000 and 10,000 must be removed. According to the United States Census Bureau, the number of towns or municipalities with fewer than 10,000 residents is about 31,000. That would mean that of the 35,000 cities and towns recognized by the United States Geological Survey, only 4,000 of them actually qualify as cities based on the term "city" as defined by population. It is estimated that about half of the United States population resides in a city or town with fewer than 25,000 people."
Pine City, Minnesota has a population of 4707.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Gil Dobie wrote:
BDKJMU wrote:

I was just responding to Jelly's silly notion questioning whether 25k could be a city.

38 Virginia independent CITIES ranked by old 2007 population #s (2007 National Assoc of counties).
1. Virginia beach: 447,021
2. Norfolk: 245,782
3. Richmond: 210,309
4. Newport News: 180,726
5. Alexandria: 147,391
6. Chesapeake: 222,209
7. Hampton: 146,437
8. Portsmouth: 96,470
9. Roanoke: 94,911
10. Lynchburg: 65,269
11. Suffolk: 63,677
12. Danville: 48,411
13. Charlottesville: 45,049
14. Manassas: 40,605
15. Harrisonburg: 40,468 (2017 est 54,689)
16. Petersburg: 33,740
17. Salem: 24,747
18. Fredericskburg: 24,286
19. Staunton: 23,853
20. Winchester: 23,585
21. Hopewell: 22,354
22. Fairfax: 21,498
23. Waynesboro: 19,520
24. Bristol: 17,367
25. Colonial Heights 16,897
26. Radford: 15,859
27. Martinsville: 15,416
28. Manassas Park: 14,273
29. Williamsburg: 14,068
30. Falls Church: 12,332
31. Poquoson: 11,556
32. Franklin: 8,346
33. Lexington: 6,867
34. Galax: 6,837
35. Buena Vista: 6,349
36. Covington: 6,303
37. Emporia: 5,665
38. Norton: 3,904
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_c ... n_Virginia
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

Skjellyfetti wrote:

I'd say yes. 25k is a lot of people.

https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/wha ... -town.html
In the US and Mexico, a city should have at least 2,500 people, compared to Japan where cities must have at least 30,000 people.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Gil Dobie wrote:
BDKJMU wrote:

Pine City, WA is more like 47.

(Located in the heart of the Northern Palouse along the shores of Pine Creek and close to one of kalm's all time favorite places on earth...Hole in the Ground)

Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Cool. Never considered somewhere like Boone, NC to be a city. Always thought of it as a decent-sized town. Much less far smaller places.

The "city of Boone" still sounds weird to me, but I'll allow it
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)