European Internet Privacy Law

Political discussions
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

European Internet Privacy Law

Post by Ibanez »

The GDRP goes into effect today. You all might have seen an influx of emails stating privacy policies have been updated.

I think it's a good thing - burdensome for some companies, but for others it might not be terribly difficult. Especially if those companies are already set up to properly collect and safeguard information (say, BCBS.com vs Rollingstone.com)
The moves are part of an industry-wide effort to prepare for the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), which goes into effect on Friday and forces companies to give full disclosure about what they do with the digital data they collect and offer their users more control over their information.

Under the new rules, European users are able to request copies of the data that websites have on them or ask companies to delete that information; websites have to ask for permission to collect and share user data; and companies need to disclose their data practices in clear language, instead of obscuring them with legalese.
http://thehill.com/policy/technology/38 ... ake-effect
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Re: European Internet Privacy Law

Post by AZGrizFan »

pain in the ass is what it is.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12