To the shock and surprise of nobody...

Political discussions
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Re: To the shock and surprise of nobody...

Post by kalm »

GannonFan wrote:
kalm wrote:
There’s a heap of truth in this post. Prediction: it’s going to confuse and upset some centrists. :nod:
See my post - I'm not upset at all, his robotic, parroted response is completely predictable. As a centrist, I've learned to live with the unthinking partisans on both sides of the aisle. And I've even learned to live with you kalmie. It's what centrists do. You're welcome. :thumb:
And you call out left wing partisans 10-1 over right wing partisans on here especially when it comes to the economy (stupid) and entrenched power. :clap:

Trip is over the top partisan in some of his sentiments but the post quoted was mostly correct. And you took my bait....as predicted.

I know you I and could find common ground on partisanship and even more....if you were open minded enough to understand that the truth is non partisan... :kisswink:

:lol:
GrizFanStuckInUtah
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: Montana

Post by GrizFanStuckInUtah »

Chizzang wrote:
GrizFanStuckInUtah wrote:

Do that many illegals live in California now? :wtf:
Your previous statement is a moronic exaggeration...
Your average Liberal and average Conservative are actually about 75% identical

:geek:

And sadly people like you are getting too much attention driving America apart

Sure doesn't take the left long to call names and not address the issue. Pretty sure that is in the play book, #1 on the list? :coffee:

But back to the issue if you don't mind......

Do I believe there are 150 million illegals in California? Certainly not but there ARE a number(large number) and California wants it that way, choosing to ignore the law. Please prove me wrong. I'll try to wait a while but not sure when Jesus is coming back myself. :coffee:

Driving it apart......more like not letting it get torn apart. Just because we don't want something good to change doesn't mean we are trying to divide anything.
-Go Griz!
-Class of '97
-Thank you to all our Veterans. :bow:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Chizzang wrote:

Do that many illegals live in California now? :wtf:

You pretend to love America but you don't, you love an ideology that has nothing to do with America
This.

And it should be self evident that movements like the anti-gun lobby, SJW’s, BLM, and academic leftists are also guilty.

But alas...
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

Chizzang wrote:

Sure doesn't take the left long to call names and not address the issue. Pretty sure that is in the play book, #1 on the list? :coffee:

Do I believe there are 150 million illegals in California? Certainly not but there ARE a number(large number) and California wants it that way, choosing to ignore the law. Please prove me wrong. I'll try to wait a while but not sure when Jesus is coming back myself. :coffee:

Driving it apart......more like not letting it get torn apart. Just because we don't want something good to change doesn't mean we are trying to divide anything.
Half of this country is Liberal leaning and half of this country is Conservative leaning
and most of this country (sometimes unknowingly) agree with each other on more than they disagree

But to your point:
California provides over 90% of Americas fruits and veggies and huge percentages of meats and dairy
The vast majority of that is possible because of illegal inexpensive labor

http://www.slate.com/articles/health_an ... thout.html

The problem is a hell of a lot more complicated than advertised by Donald trump
Why isn't Trump going after the Dole Corporation for hiring illegals..?

All Trump is trying to do is get uninformed people (like you) all riled up to insure you vote

We can triple our produce costs in America over night if we follow your line of thinking
The problems is Trump wouldn't get re-elected then would he...
it's much easier to just rile you up and do nothing (such as he is doing now)
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

∞∞∞ wrote:
GannonFan wrote: And as a tried and true leftist (use whatever term you want to use) partisan you've convinced yourself that the other side (i.e. whoever disagrees with you) is 100% wrong on everything they believe and, even beyond being wrong, are reprehensible people with evil motives who are wrong simply because they are completely evil. If it makes you feel any better, that's exactly what partisans on the other side of the aisle are like, so you're a lot more like those folks you denigrate than you like to think you are. That's called irony. :rofl:
I'm fine with conservatives; I'm NOT fine with what conservatives have become.

Cons used to want progress as long as it could be paid for. Now they neither make progress nor can pay for things. Hell, I would've made a great conservative back in the day.

Now they just loot the house and mock us for having broken windows.
All you do is speak in generalizations, anecdotes, and platitudes.

Not a single shred of substance

You'd make a good televangelist with that schtick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

BDKJMU wrote:
∞∞∞ wrote: I don't even take Evangelicals as if they're serious Christians anymore. They're one of the most likely religious groups to get divorced/remarried, have premarital sex and children born out of wedlock, be against policies helping the poor, and have little knowledge of the Bible. The religious beliefs of most Evangelicals are arguably not even Christian anymore; it’s the Cliffs Notes version of the New Testament.

This one GOP rep is the symptom of a larger problem.
Link??
Like I thought, you can’t provide one..
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

∞∞∞ wrote:
GannonFan wrote:
Then you weren't a centrist, and frankly, that isn't too shocking considering what you've posted here recently. I've been a centrist for years now and I don't remember being called anything derogatory on either side of the aisle (donk/conk). But then again, I'm actually a centrist/moderate.
Please, the right's become so insane that reasonable environmental and business policies, universal healthcare, and civil right issues trigger them. They're terrified of a progressing world and scared their children will actually have to compete to make it out there. And most of all, scared of the free press and truth. Cons live in a fantasy world they've created for themselves.

All they do is gaslight, obstruct, and project.

President Obama even nominated a centrist judge for the SCOTUS and they couldn't even vote for him.

ps. you're a good one. :thumb:
A centrist judge according to the left.
And in 2016 it had been 84 years, since 1932, since there was a SCOTUS vacancy occurring, and nomination and confirmation hearings, all 3 occurring in an election year.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/vol ... vacancies/

And Biden said under the same circumstances a judge shouldn’t be voted on. "Biden Rule"
[youtube]https://youtube.com/watch?v=N1SUn0zTGUQ[/youtube]
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Chizzang wrote:

Half of this country is Liberal leaning and half of this country is Conservative leaning
and most of this country (sometimes unknowingly) agree with each other on more than they disagree

But to your point:
California provides over 90% of Americas fruits and veggies and huge percentages of meats and dairy

All Trump is trying to do is get uninformed people (like you) all riled up to insure you vote

We can triple our produce costs in America over night if we follow your line of thinking
1st if all, CA doesn’t provide over 90% of America’s fruits and veggies. Not even close. From clicking on ‘list’ on the Slate article you provided, which links to the 23 page Mother Jones report, page 1,
“The state provides nearly half of U.S.-grown fruits, nuts and vegetables.”
https://www.motherjones.com/files/2agovstat10_web-1.pdf
The Slate article mentions a bunch of fruits, nuts and veggies that CA produces most or almost all of. But there are other fruits, nuts and veggies that they produce little of. Overall, it’s under half.

CA produces the most food by value in the U.S of any state, 11.3%.
http://beef2live.com/story-states-produ ... e-0-107252
But CA’s almost 40 million population is over 12% of the US’s 325 million. So overall agriculturally they aren’t over producing per capita.
BlueHen86
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: The McManus Brothers
A.K.A.: Duffman

Post by BlueHen86 »

BDKJMU wrote:
Chizzang wrote:

But to your point:

1st if all, CA doesn’t provide over 90% of America’s fruits and veggies. Not even close. From clicking on ‘list’ on the Slate article you provided, which links to the 23 page Mother Jones report, page 1,
The Slate article mentions a bunch of fruits, nuts and veggies that CA produces most or almost all of. But there are other fruits, nuts and veggies that they produce little of. Overall, it’s under half.

But CA’s almost 40 million population is over 12% of the US’s 325 million. So overall agriculturally they aren’t over producing per capita.
That's a lot of boring statistics. Do you have any bar graphs or pie charts to liven things up? Preferably in color.
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

andy7171 wrote:
∞∞∞ wrote: Don't disagree, but capitalism that better spreads the benefits of productivity is the answer.

Jobs are a sub-point to the one I just made.

ps. Many people with jobs couldn't afford healthcare before the ACA.
You're **** in the head. I know plenty of people with jobs who are dirt poor now because of ACA.
:roll:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

BDKJMU wrote:
Chizzang wrote:

But to your point:

You did nothing to challenge the point I was making
Please let me know how you would fix the problem of the American Food Produce Industry
The premier food producer in the world that relies almost entirely on ultra low wage illegal workers

Because it's NOT A SECRET
Our president knows this - everybody knows this - please advise us as to the next steps
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Chizzang wrote:
BDKJMU wrote:

Please let me know how you would fix the problem of the American Food Produce Industry
The premier food producer in the world that relies almost entirely on ultra low wage illegal workers

Our president knows this - everybody knows this - please advise us as to the next steps
Ummm....build a wall?
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Chizzang wrote:
BDKJMU wrote:

But I did illustrate you must not even bother reading some of the stuff you link, and love to use extreme exaggeration & hyperbole (like food costs would triple overnight lol)..
css75
Level3
Level3

Post by css75 »

∞∞∞ wrote:
Gil Dobie wrote:
They are human and do dumb stuff just like any other group.
Then own up to it. My beef with Evangelicals is their incessant need to create a Theocratic nation, especially when their version of theocracy revolves around the suppression of opposing ideologies. And on top of that, the religious hypocrisy coming from Evangelicals is mind-boggling.

They should be called out for the faux-Christianity. Every. Single. Time.

It's a political movement pretending to be religion.

Please detail me on the creation of a theocracy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

BDKJMU wrote:
Chizzang wrote:

But I did illustrate you must not even bother reading some of the stuff you link, and love to use extreme exaggeration & hyperbole (like food costs would triple overnight lol)..
Okay I exaggerated
but I was responding to an extreme exaggeration - so I matched hyperbole responses
Now go ahead and explain how my point is not accurate...

I'll wait right here...
Check my spelling too while you're looking for stuff unrelated to the point
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

BDKJMU wrote:
Chizzang wrote:

All you illustrated was your ability to yet again miss the point. :ohno:

And this bullshit about people using extreme exaggeration and hyperbole here? :ohno:

This place is as button-down-just-the-facts-ma'am as they come. :coffee:

BDXSPNDOS. :ohno:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

css75 wrote:
∞∞∞ wrote: Then own up to it. My beef with Evangelicals is their incessant need to create a Theocratic nation, especially when their version of theocracy revolves around the suppression of opposing ideologies. And on top of that, the religious hypocrisy coming from Evangelicals is mind-boggling.

They should be called out for the faux-Christianity. Every. Single. Time.

It's a political movement pretending to be religion.
It'll fail, but the details are Evangelicals inserting their twisted version of Christianity into education, legislation, and the judiciary. It's not a secret Evangelicals are trying to create a "Christian America."
css75
Level3
Level3

Post by css75 »

∞∞∞ wrote:
css75 wrote:
It'll fail, but the details are Evangelicals inserting their twisted version of Christianity into education, legislation, and the judiciary. It's not a secret Evangelicals are trying to create a "Christian America."
For example??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

∞∞∞ wrote:
css75 wrote:
‘None of these bad things happened until they started taking Allah out of the schools.’

‘In thetans we Trust.’

8-)
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

∞∞∞ wrote:
css75 wrote:
Generalize much? And what do you know about Christianity? It’s like you get all your news from the MSNBC crawler. :coffee:
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

∞∞∞ wrote:
css75 wrote:
How's that working out?
Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

89Hen wrote:
∞∞∞ wrote: It'll fail, but the details are Evangelicals inserting their twisted version of Christianity into education, legislation, and the judiciary. It's not a secret Evangelicals are trying to create a "Christian America."
How's that working out?
America is already a Christian America...

Everybody should be fine with that as long as we stay a Republic

89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

Chizzang wrote:
89Hen wrote: How's that working out?

That actually was half my point. The other half... is the US more or less Christian than it was 20 , 40, 60... years ago?
Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

89Hen wrote:
Chizzang wrote:

That actually was half my point. The other half... is the US more or less Christian than it was 20 , 40, 60... years ago?
Generally less people are "Religious" today than in any time in history...
However, conversely as a nation we give more credence and authority to Religious Extremists than ever before

Or more correctly stated:
Our political leaders bow to the extremists nuts because they want that vote more than ever
Our Politicians won't even admit to believing in Evolution anymore for the fear of losing a few thousand votes
and there is no penalty from the base for admitting to be "more nutty"

:nod:
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

kalm wrote:
GannonFan wrote:
See my post - I'm not upset at all, his robotic, parroted response is completely predictable. As a centrist, I've learned to live with the unthinking partisans on both sides of the aisle. And I've even learned to live with you kalmie. It's what centrists do. You're welcome. :thumb:
And you call out left wing partisans 10-1 over right wing partisans on here especially when it comes to the economy (stupid) and entrenched power. :clap:

Trip is over the top partisan in some of his sentiments but the post quoted was mostly correct. And you took my bait....as predicted.

I know you I and could find common ground on partisanship and even more....if you were open minded enough to understand that the truth is non partisan... :kisswink:

:lol:
I don't know about the 10-1 thing on calling out left wing versus right wing partisans (I mean, JSO is officially off his rocker now so what was a rabid right wing partisan is now just a confused mass of jelly - not to be confused with the actual confused mass known as jelly). I mean, I probably call out your economic views more than others, but that's because you post more. Besides, I thought you were post-partisan, so how does calling you out end up tipping the scales towards left wing partisans? Are you somehow claiming you are a left wing partisan now, despite also being a post-partisan? Very JSO-like of you. :rofl:
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation