JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Re: The Cult of Donald...

Post by JohnStOnge »

kalm wrote:
∞∞∞ wrote:I totally understand voting for Trump based on his policies.

But honestly, I disagree that Evangelicals are morally hypocritical for voting for Trump. The morals of Evangelicals mirror Trump's; the difference is that Trump stands behind his actions while Evangelicals use twisted religious logic to hide behind theirs like cowards. And then claim moral superiority.

Trump is better than Evangelicals; I'd much rather have him than someone like Pence.
So there are zero principled evangelicals?
No. My wife, for instance, resigned from her position on the Louisiana State Republican Party Central Committee because the Party nominated Trump. My son and daughter are anti Trump as well. All three are very devout Evangelical Christians.

But, unfortunately, they are in the minority among White people who call themselves Evangelical Christians. Most White people who call themselves Evangelical Christians have completely sold out. They'd vote for Lucifer if Lucifer said he would appoint conservative judges.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

JohnStOnge wrote:
kalm wrote:
So there are zero principled evangelicals?
No. My wife, for instance, resigned from her position on the Louisiana State Republican Party Central Committee because the Party nominated Trump. My son and daughter are anti Trump as well. All three are very devout Evangelical Christians.

But, unfortunately, they are in the minority among White people who call themselves Evangelical Christians. Most White people who call themselves Evangelical Christians have completely sold out. They'd vote for Lucifer if Lucifer said he would appoint conservative judges.
John,
When you make a deal with the devil
Nobody gets what they want but everybody gets what they asked for

:nod:
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

css75 wrote:
Ibanez wrote: If someone with religious beliefs voted for someone with religious beliefs, would that be hypocritical? Think about what you just asked. :dunce: :dunce:

I'm sure CSS was all in a tizzy back in the 90s over Clinton getting a blowjob and having affairs. But since Trump is a Republican - it's all good. Multiple marriages, infidelity doesn't matter as long as your guy wins.

Wrong, I could care less about slick Willie’s sex life as long as it is not rape. What got me wound up was lying under oath.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Good point. I would add sexual assault to rape also.

Gennifer Flowers- consensual, nothing to care about.
Monica Lewinsky- consensual, nothing to care about if it had been somewhere else, but the Oval Office should be treated with a little more respect than getting head from an intern.

Paula Jones, Kathleen Wiley, etc- alleged sexual harrassment/assault
Juanita Broderick- alleged rape.

Like I've said before, Trump talked about grabbing women by the pussy. Clinton did grab them by the pussy. Clinton's behavior was just as bad, if not worse, than Trumps. The ultimate in hypocrisy is the left's attitude towards Clinton in the 90's compared to their reaction 20-25 years later to Trump, (and the whole #MeToo for that matter).
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

BDKJMU wrote: The ultimate in hypocrisy is the left's attitude towards Clinton in the 90's compared to their reaction 20-25 years later to Trump, (and the whole #MeToo for that matter).
I think that there was a LOT of hypocrisy on the part of the left in the Clinton instance. All that "believe the woman stuff" then ignoring all that to justify continuing to support Clinton . NOW was particularly bad.''

But I don't think that was or is the ultimate in hypocrisy that I've seen so far in politics. I think the ultimate in hypocrisy so far is White Evangelicals supporting Trump.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came