Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

When you need a lawyer...

Post by Chizzang »

Um...
It sounds like Trump is going to need a lawyer to protect himself from his other lawyer

:lol:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/20/us/p ... cohen.html

Question for Ivy,
Does Trumps new legal team get to see all the stuff that was confiscated in the raid..?

Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: 1995 Montana Griz
A.K.A.: Fuck Off
Location: America: and having my rights violated on a daily basis

Re: When you need a lawyer...

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

Trump needs to hire 100 mercenaries and kill everyone that comes after him.

This shit is so stupid, childish and political that somebody needs to be taught a lesson. Trump hasnt done one thing as President that is worth an investigation. When he does then have one.......until then shut up or die

ALPHAGRIZ1 - Now available in internet black

The flat earth society has members all around the globe
Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:Trump needs to hire 100 mercenaries and kill everyone that comes after him.

This shit is so stupid, childish and political that somebody needs to be taught a lesson. Trump hasnt done one thing as President that is worth an investigation. When he does then have one.......until then shut up or die

Settle down sparky
Every greasy con-man has to go through this kind of thing
He'll either make it through or he won't - and it won't matter either way

He has served his purpose
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

Chizzang wrote:Um...
It sounds like Trump is going to need a lawyer to protect himself from his other lawyer

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/20/us/p ... cohen.html

Question for Ivy,
Does Trumps new legal team get to see all the stuff that was confiscated in the raid..?

The answer to your question is yes. If communications between Cohen and Trump are privileged, that privilege extends to Trump’s new lawyers.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:Trump needs to hire 100 mercenaries and kill everyone that comes after him.

This **** is so stupid, childish and political that somebody needs to be taught a lesson. Trump hasnt done one thing as President that is worth an investigation. When he does then have one.......until then shut up or die
That attitude just doesn't fly. Suppose, for instance, we found out that Trump's campaign was in on the hacking of the Democrats' e mails and cooperated with Russia to do it. And suppose we found out that Trump was aware of it and actually directed that it be done.

I don't think that happened. But the idea that the only thing that matters is whether Trump has done anything to merit investigation since he's been President is pretty bad.

BTW I think one might argue that he's done things as President that merit investigation and/or consideration with respect to the obstruction of justice issue anyway. He is clearly trying to impede investigations. But that's another issue.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Re: RE: Re: When you need a lawyer...

Post by UNI88 »

JohnStOnge wrote:

This **** is so stupid, childish and political that somebody needs to be taught a lesson. Trump hasnt done one thing as President that is worth an investigation. When he does then have one.......until then shut up or die
That attitude just doesn't fly. Suppose, for instance, we found out that Trump's campaign was in on the hacking of the Democrats' e mails and cooperated with Russia to do it. And suppose we found out that Trump was aware of it and actually directed that it be done.

I don't think that happened. But the idea that the only thing that matters is whether Trump has done anything to merit investigation since he's been President is pretty bad.

BTW I think one might argue that he's done things as President that merit investigation and/or consideration with respect to the obstruction of justice issue anyway. He is clearly trying to impede investigations. But that's another issue.
"Clearly trying to impede investigations" Kind of like having your own email server? Or are you naive enough to think that was just an honest mistake too?
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

UNI88 wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:

"Clearly trying to impede investigations" Kind of like having your own email server? Or are you naive enough to think that was just an honest mistake too?
What I think is that having a private e mail server was stupid as well as unethical but kind of in a grey area at the time. Trump is expressing a clear intent to impede investigations. It's right out front and in the open.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

JohnStOnge wrote:
UNI88 wrote:
What I think is that having a private e mail server was stupid as well as unethical but kind of in a grey area at the time. Trump is expressing a clear intent to impede investigations. It's right out front and in the open.
No, John. You've been told numerous times by people in the field... heck, you've been told by someone with a state.gov email address and up to SCI clearance that it is not nor was it ever a gray area.

Just because you say it over and over, and ignore corrections from people who are in a position to know doesn't make it so.

Just stop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: When you need a lawyer...

Post by UNI88 »

JohnStOnge wrote:
UNI88 wrote:
What I think is that having a private e mail server was stupid but kind of in a grey area at the time. Trump is expressing a clear intent to impede investigations. It's right out front and in the open.
What you think is completely subjective and in my opinion (as someone who dislikes both Trump & Hillary) extremely biased. They're both stinky shit and you're arging that Hillary doesn't smell too bad. It's a losing argument.
Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

Like Clockwork...
Three posts into the thread about our president... aaaand we're on to Hilary

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Chizzang wrote:Like Clockwork...

Can I ask if you were so quick to point out all the instances of "but Bush" during the previous 8 years? It's a common occurrence and John's insistence on pointing out Trump's many faults while denying his obtuseness to Hillary's makes it kind of fun. What kind of angle is more than 90 and less than 180 degrees? A JSO angle.
css75
Level3
Level3

Post by css75 »

When they raided Cohen’s office, they effectively killed attorney and client privilege. This crap has to stop. The country is heading down a dark road that could lead to people disappearing at night.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
CID1990
Level5
Level5

When you need a lawyer...

Post by CID1990 »

Well that's a given

since she was the alternative

They go together like ebony and ivory...

side by side on my piano keyboard oh lord why dont we?

Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

css75 wrote:When they raided Cohen’s office, they effectively killed attorney and client privilege. This crap has to stop. The country is heading down a dark road that could lead to people disappearing at night.
You are aware of what has to happen for an attorney's office to get raided right..?
You understand the process right..?

There is no way the President of the United States private attorney's office gets raided
Without his own appointees signing off on it and U.S. attorney Geoffrey Berman is a Trump appointee

To serve a search warrant on a practicing attorney
Federal prosecutors are required to obtain approval from top Justice Department officials
Which are also Trump Appointees

:nod:
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

Yep. Time to return to the sexy topic of attorney-client privilege. :flash:
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

Ivytalk wrote:

Yep. Time to return to the sexy topic of attorney-client privilege. :flash:
5th post, that brought up Hilary was by JSO.
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

Gil Dobie wrote:
Ivytalk wrote: Yep. Time to return to the sexy topic of attorney-client privilege. :flash:
5th post, that brought up Hilary was by JSO.
Actually I think that was 88 who brought it up

JSO doesnt count because he will reliably reply to any comment remotely about his heroine or Trump

kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

How many confidants/followers/yes men can you throw under the bus before it bites you in the ass?

Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

kalm wrote:How many confidants/followers/yes men can you throw under the bus before it bites you in the ass?

Answer:
All of them

*BOOM!

dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
:thumb:
Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

dbackjon wrote:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

The New Alpha...

houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

Chizzang wrote:
dbackjon wrote: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

The New Alpha...

Good to see him getting in touch with his emotion. :thumb:

Welcome to the world of men, Alfie, we're glad to have yo.
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
andy7171
Firefly
Firefly
I am a fan of: Wiping.
A.K.A.: HE HATE ME

Post by andy7171 »

I'm thinking, if Cohen turns on Trump, good fucking luck ever getting a new client.
"Elaine, you're from Baltimore, right?"
"Yes, well, Towson actually."
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

JohnStOnge wrote:
UNI88 wrote:
A grey area? Owning and using your own server for email communications when you're the SecofState is not a grey area. It's downright stupid, reckless and only an idiot would think it was a good idea. Tell me, what's the upside not using the infrastructure provided by the DoS? :roll:

We remediated a risk last year around email communications. I work for one of the largest banks in country and even we aren't immune. You think Hilary with that small shop in Colorado were able to protect, restrict, investigate and respond to attacks better than a government agency that has the best of the best at its disposal?

Get real. Once again, you are intellectually dishonest. :tothehand:
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

UNI88 wrote:

Can I ask if you were so quick to point out all the instances of "but Bush" during the previous 8 years? It's a common occurrence and John's insistence on pointing out Trump's many faults while denying his obtuseness to Hillary's makes it kind of fun. What kind of angle is more than 90 and less than 180 degrees? A JSO angle.
I thought it was an Obtuse angle. :mrgreen:
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17