Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Re: Trump's feud with Amazon

Post by Chizzang »

JohnStOnge wrote:
GannonFan wrote:
Agreed, we never had such an establishment and willfully and openly corrupt candidate like Clinton before. She was one of a kind. She's what Nixon running for a third term would've looked like. :coffee:
Trump is more openly corrupt than Clinton is/was. And very openly. It's really obvious. To this day I don't get how any reasonably intelligent person would choose Trump over Clinton based on the idea that Clinton is corrupt. That'd be fine if her opponent wasn't more corrupt than she is. But her opponent was/is more corrupt than she was/is.
Time will tell I guess...

:geek:
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

Chizzang wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:
Trump is more openly corrupt than Clinton is/was. And very openly. It's really obvious. To this day I don't get how any reasonably intelligent person would choose Trump over Clinton based on the idea that Clinton is corrupt. That'd be fine if her opponent wasn't more corrupt than she is. But her opponent was/is more corrupt than she was/is.

I think time had already told before 2016 election day. Like that Trump University thing. That was a total con. And everybody on this board knows it was a total con. Trump is on video blatantly lying about how he hand picked the instructors as part of the effort to cause people to spend up to $35,000 for nothing.

You can get the idea at https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... ty-refunds

You probably won't be able to read the entire article without subscribing but you can get the idea. And there are all kinds of other things with respect to Trump conning and cheating people over the years out there.

He's worse than Clinton on the corruption front. Way worse.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

JohnStOnge wrote:
GannonFan wrote:
Agreed, we never had such an establishment and willfully and openly corrupt candidate like Clinton before. She was one of a kind. She's what Nixon running for a third term would've looked like. :coffee:
Key word here being openly. To use the lack of indictments as proof that Hillary wasn't corrupt is naive.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

JohnStOnge wrote:
Chizzang wrote:

I think time had already told before 2016 election day. Like that Trump University thing. That was a total con. And everybody on this board knows it was a total con. Trump is on video blatantly lying about how he hand picked the instructors as part of the effort to cause people to spend up to $35,000 for nothing.

You probably won't be able to read the entire article without subscribing but you can get the idea. And there are all kinds of other things with respect to Trump conning and cheating people over the years out there.

The people that love him disagree with you
and have a way of over looking his continual scamming and conning
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

JohnStOnge wrote:
Chizzang wrote:

You're kidding right? With Clinton you have 4 nearly 4 decades of corruption:
-Cattlegate (remember, with zero experience, the turning 1k investment in cattle futures into 100k in less than 1 year).
-Whitewater
-Travelgate
-Filegate
-Going after the women who accused Bill of affairs/sexual harrassment/sexual assault
-Chinagate
-Pardongate
-Benghazi
-Clinton Foundation/Clinton Cash
-Illegal server
On and on and on..
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

BDKJMU wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:

You're kidding right? With Clinton you have 4 nearly 4 decades of corruption:
-Cattlegate (remember, with zero experience, the turning 1k investment in cattle futures into 100k in less than 1 year).
-Whitewater
-Travelgate
-Filegate
-Going after the women who accused Bill of affairs/sexual harrassment/sexual assault
-Chinagate
-Pardongate
-Benghazi
-Illegal server
On and on and on..
You forgot Billingsgate. You know, like your pro-Trump posts. :nod:
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Do you guys argue with 3 year olds over whether Elmo or Bert is cuter too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

JohnStOnge wrote:
GannonFan wrote:
I know you are, but what am I?
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

CID1990 wrote:Do you guys argue with 3 year olds over whether Elmo or Bert is cuter too?

Elmo in a landslide. :thumb:
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

1) I think it's truly sad that we'll never get to know whether Clinton would have been the most corrupt president ever.

2) The Journal of business just ran a story that Amazon is building a DC within 3 miles of our house. That's good for business, but it also might be time make the wife happy and buy her that Palouse farm she's always wanted...

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Re: RE: Re: Trump's feud with Amazon

Post by UNI88 »

GannonFan wrote:
CID1990 wrote:Do you guys argue with 3 year olds over whether Elmo or Bert is cuter too?

Elmo in a landslide. :thumb:
But what about Ernie1B?
Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

Have you noticed...
The only way anybody can actually defend Trump is by starting off with "But Hilary"
The current President is apparently is indefensible on his own merits

At some point it would be nice to actually just have a conversation about the President
His defenders for some reason won't let that happen

We always end up talking about somebody else who isn't the president

CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

Chizzang wrote:
Have you noticed...
The only way anybody can actually defend Trump is by starting off with "But Hilary"

At some point it would be nice to actually just have a conversation about the President

What about D1Bernie?
BlueHen86
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: The McManus Brothers
A.K.A.: Duffman

Post by BlueHen86 »

Trump promised to drain the swamp, I think most people assumed that he would do it when he took office, not when he eventually leaves.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Ivytalk wrote:
BDKJMU wrote: You're kidding right? With Clinton you have 4 nearly 4 decades of corruption:
-Whitewater
-Travelgate
-Filegate
-Chinagate
-Pardongate
-Benghazi
-Illegal server
On and on and on..
You forgot Billingsgate. You know, like your pro-Trump posts. :nod:
I didn’t forget Billingsgate- I was thinking the missing Rose Law Firm billing records fell under Whitewater.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

BDKJMU wrote:
Ivytalk wrote: You forgot Billingsgate. You know, like your pro-Trump posts. :nod:
I didn’t forget Billingsgate- I was thinking the missing Rose Law Firm billing records fell under Whitewater.
Either you’re cleverly trolling me, or my last post went right over your head.
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

Chizzang wrote:
Have you noticed...

I'm personally fine with a conversation about how awful Trump is. And bringing up Hillary isn't always a defense of Trump - its just an observation that the alternative to Trump isnt all that great, either - and it will always happen in a debate with someone like Jon who actually supports Clinton - still

I can say all I want about Trump - Ivy can too - and people rarely to never "but Hillary". You can too, for the most part.

But it is next to impossible to avoid the obvious fact that Trump is President because of Hillary Clinton

I'd like to see a critical conversation about Trump that focuses on ways that he is awful where Clinton would not have been - outside of the Tweet farting I don't know

Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

CID1990 wrote:
Chizzang wrote:
Have you noticed...

I'm personally fine with a conversation about how awful Trump is. And bringing up Hillary isn't always a defense of Trump - its just an observation that the alternative to Trump isnt all that great, either - and it will always happen in a debate with someone like Jon who actually supports Clinton - still

I can say all I want about Trump - Ivy can too - and people rarely to never "but Hillary". You can too, for the most part.

But it is next to impossible to avoid the obvious fact that Trump is President because of Hillary Clinton

I'd like to see a critical conversation about Trump that focuses on ways that he is awful where Clinton would not have been - outside of the Tweet farting I don't know
I find his foreign policy fascinating and mostly likable
I find his domestic policy ridiculous and embarrassing

and they are worthy of actual conversation

:nod:

Without talking about anybody else
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

Chizzang wrote:
CID1990 wrote:

I find his foreign policy fascinating and mostly likable

and they are worthy of actual conversation

:nod:

Without talking about anybody else
That's true - but nobody - and I mean NOBODY can or will have that discussion on the former, and the latter has about 80% of the country in agreement (which begs for Hillary comparisons... because she was the alternative)

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

JohnStOnge wrote:
Chizzang wrote:

What worse? Why should we elect the lesser of 2 evils?

Besides - why do you incessantly try to prove to us that Trump is a con artist? Just about everyone here, minus BDK, knows he’s a piece of crap.

Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Can we put together a side-by-side comparison of Trump's cons vs. Clinton's cons? I'm sure Trump has a greater number of known cons with his long history of shady business deals, bankruptcies, etc. but I'm guessing that Clinton's would be given greater weighted value since scamming people out of money isn't as big of a con as putting lives and US national interests at risk in order to increase your own power and wealth.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

UNI88 wrote:Can we put together a side-by-side comparison of Trump's cons vs. Clinton's cons? I'm sure Trump has a greater number of known cons with his long history of shady business deals, bankruptcies, etc. but I'm guessing that Clinton's would be given greater weighted value since scamming people out of money isn't as big of a con as putting lives and US national interests at risk in order to increase your own power and wealth.
JSO can probably come up with something. Except the weighting part.
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

Chizzang wrote: I find his foreign policy fascinating and mostly likable
With regard to Trump, you will have to define "policy".
Not sure if you are including only signatures, appointees, and directives, or if you are including appearances, tweets, meetings, speeches, threats, posturing, hiring, firing, hiring, etc.
Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

CAA Flagship wrote:
Chizzang wrote: I find his foreign policy fascinating and mostly likable
With regard to Trump, you will have to define "policy".
Not sure if you are including only signatures, appointees, and directives, or if you are including appearances, tweets, meetings, speeches, threats, posturing, hiring, firing, hiring, etc.
:lol:

You forgot "Rallies"
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

Chizzang wrote:
CAA Flagship wrote: With regard to Trump, you will have to define "policy".
:lol:

You forgot "Rallies"
Also pussy grabbin', but I used "etc." to cover all bases.