houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Re: Migrant Caravan

Post by houndawg »

SDHornet wrote:So to recap this thread (sorry, haven't been around much):

Trip doesn't know how the asylum process works.
BDKKK doesn't know maths.
Everyone agrees that fining and jailing employers of illegal labor is the way to go.
Trump won the caravan battle.

I miss anything?
Nope. You could stay gone even longer and we still wouldn't notice.
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

And yet you replied. :coffee:
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

Why is this still a thread? Trump already won this battle.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Re: RE: Re: Migrant Caravan

Post by UNI88 »

CID1990 wrote:
UNI88 wrote:
I agree that employers should be able to require that employees don't have intoxicants in their systems when working. I don't think they should be able to prohibit them from partaking in a legal substance when they are off the clock as long as that substance is no longer an impairment when they are on the clock. I am opposed to big brother as a government and employer. It's easier to change employers than country/state but the principles are similar.
Well the devil is in the details, isn't it?

How do employers determine they have employees that are functional addicts or alcoholics before an accident happens? I tend to agree with you on what you are saying, but there is no good or easy way to make sure you don't have dangerous employees without random testing.
I don't think our opinions are that far apart. I have no problem with random testing. Testing for marijuana does need to get better so that it can distinguish between someone who was under the influence while working and someone who who did something the night before that left residue in their system that does not impact their ability to work. My guess is that with legalization people are already working on that and it will come sooner rather than later.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Re: RE: Re: Migrant Caravan

Post by Skjellyfetti »

How LSD Microdosing Became the Hot New Business Trip
https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/fe ... p-20151120
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

Migrant 'caravan' that angers Trump nears U.S.-Mexico border

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa- ... op+News%29
HERMOSILLO, Mexico (Reuters) - Hundreds of Central American migrants traveling in a “caravan” were in limbo in the northern Mexican city of Hermosillo on Monday on the final stretch of a journey to the United States where President Donald Trump ordered officials to repel them.

About 600 men, women and children from Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras had been waiting on Monday in Hermosillo, Sonora to board a train or take buses for the remaining 432 miles miles to the border with California.

Traveling together for safety, their numbers were down from a peak of about 1,500 people since they began their journey on Mexico’s southern border with Guatemala almost a month ago, as smaller groups broke away.

Many women and children in the group were planning to seek asylum in the United States after they reach Tijuana, said Rodrigo Abeja, a coordinator from immigrant rights group Pueblo Sin Fronteras that has been organizing similar caravans for several years.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

CAA Flagship wrote:Migrant 'caravan' that angers Trump nears U.S.-Mexico border

HERMOSILLO, Mexico (Reuters) - Hundreds of Central American migrants traveling in a “caravan” were in limbo in the northern Mexican city of Hermosillo on Monday on the final stretch of a journey to the United States where President Donald Trump ordered officials to repel them.

About 600 men, women and children from Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras had been waiting on Monday in Hermosillo, Sonora to board a train or take buses for the remaining 432 miles miles to the border with California.

Traveling together for safety, their numbers were down from a peak of about 1,500 people since they began their journey on Mexico’s southern border with Guatemala almost a month ago, as smaller groups broke away.

Many women and children in the group were planning to seek asylum in the United States after they reach Tijuana, said Rodrigo Abeja, a coordinator from immigrant rights group Pueblo Sin Fronteras that has been organizing similar caravans for several years.
Only let in the ones with good soccer skills. The US national team is fucked.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

Ivytalk wrote:
CAA Flagship wrote:Migrant 'caravan' that angers Trump nears U.S.-Mexico border

Only let in the ones with good soccer skills. The US national team is ****.
I'm in the group of giving all immigrants a chance. My family hired migrant workers from Mexico, in the summer for sugar beets, when I was young. Most were hard workers, as I worked beside them in the field. No one really cared then if they were citizens or not. Some stayed and became citizens and good lifelong friends.
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

Gil Dobie wrote:
Ivytalk wrote: Only let in the ones with good soccer skills. The US national team is ****.
I'm in the group of giving all immigrants a chance. My family hired migrant workers from Mexico, in the summer for sugar beets, when I was young. Most were hard workers, as I worked beside them in the field. No one really cared then if they were citizens or not. Some stayed and became citizens and good lifelong friends.
Did they really not like hard shell tacos?
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

Gil Dobie wrote:
Ivytalk wrote: Only let in the ones with good soccer skills. The US national team is ****.
I'm all for giving immigrants a chance.

However, respect our laws and come here properly.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

CAA Flagship wrote:
Gil Dobie wrote:
Did they really not like hard shell tacos?
Never asked any of them, ever. Wasn't a big deal in the 1960's and 70's. At the end of the season, they would butcher a couple sheep and have a big fiesta. I trapped a raccoon for them to eat. Taste like chicken.
css75
Level3
Level3

Post by css75 »

Ibanez wrote:
Gil Dobie wrote:

This^^^^^^^^

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Ibanez wrote:
Gil Dobie wrote:

I must be the outlier. Am I the only one for rounding them all up and shooting them in the head?
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

93henfan wrote:
Ibanez wrote: I'm all for giving immigrants a chance.

I must be the outlier. Am I the only one for rounding them all up and shooting them in the head?
That's how I feel about Nickelback fans.
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

93henfan wrote:

Shooting all immigrants in the head?
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

93henfan wrote:

I'm guessing "yes."
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Skjellyfetti wrote:
93henfan wrote:
Shooting all immigrants in the head?
Just the illegal ones.

#TrustTheProcess
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Gil Dobie wrote:
Allow several billion people in the US.. :suspicious: Because of the 7.6 billion people in the world, several billion want to be immigrants to the US..And if you're for giving all immigrants a chance..

Most people don't care if they're citizens. But a lot of people care if they're here legally.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

These people aren't immigrants.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

CID1990 wrote:These people aren't immigrants.

:lol: Refugees? Asylum seekers? Party Wagon?
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

Ibanez wrote:

Gypsies, tramps, and thieves
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

CAA Flagship wrote:
Ibanez wrote: :lol: Refugees? Asylum seekers? Party Wagon?
Gypsies, tramps, and thieves
What are the professional titles of those in Donald Trumps inner circle?
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Ibanez wrote:

None of the above.

They might be those things for Mexico... but they are not in possession of immigrant visas, so they aren't immigrants

they are out of whatever "danger" they were fleeing but have not applied to the UNHCR for refugee status in Mexico, so they ain't refugees or asylees, either

They're Hondurans in Mexico and we are under no obligation to give credence to this stunt by ignoring our own laws and letting them in

"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: 1995 Montana Griz
A.K.A.: Fuck Off
Location: America: and having my rights violated on a daily basis

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

I am embarrassed to live in a country that doesnt shoot people on sight while illegally attacking our country in an act of war.

America used to be great and now Trump is the only shining light.

ALPHAGRIZ1 - Now available in internet black

The flat earth society has members all around the globe
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

I guess I should have picked up on this earlier, but I was admittedly naive. I thought that this "caravan" was an actual group of spontaneous migrants. Apparently the whole thing is a well-orchestrated liberal political stunt.
“It’s a very dramatic political stunt in favor of open borders,” said Jessica Vaughan, director of policy studies for the Center for Immigration Studies. “It’s using these families as props in a political stunt and it’s giving them false hope that the U.S. is likely to let them come in and maybe take advantage of the catch-and-release policy.”

A representative for the migrants said many in the caravan had obtained American sponsors.

“We connected with Pueblo Sin Fronteras and the caravan a couple of weeks ago when we learned there were some asylum-seekers who didn’t have sponsors in the U.S.,” said Showing Up for Racial Justice co-Director Heather Cronk. “Eighty people said they’d absolutely love to host people in their home, so we’re matching people up with our sponsors so when they arrive at the border they can give information to immigration in hopes that it will boost the chances for a court date for asylum when folks are released from detention.”

Cronk was with the caravan yesterday.

“Last night we had additional people come forward and say they would need sponsors so over the next couple of days we’ll continue to move them through that process,” Cronk said.

Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen said asylum claims will be resolved “efficiently and expeditiously,” but warned that any asylum seekers making false claims could be prosecuted, as could anyone who assists the migrants in doing so.

Administration officials and their allies claim that asylum fraud is growing and that many who seek it are coached on how to do so.
http://www.bostonherald.com/news/nation ... ical_stunt

Sounds like a few arrests for asylum fraud are in order.