Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Re: Migrant Caravan

Post by JohnStOnge »

CAA Flagship wrote:
kalm wrote:
Sometimes, but we're cross training more these days on different mowing units.

You're very astute... :suspicious:
:lol:
Worked 13 years in the Environmental & SAFETY field (also, wife). I know the burden on a company when workplace injuries occur.

It's easier to determine BAC in people. Harder to determine how "high" someone is. Also, a person can get "high" quicker than they can get drunk. Point is, the legalization of recreational weed is a problem for companies.
I think that if a private company wants to say "If you want to work for me you can't do weed" it should have a right to. That's different than government saying that doing weed is a criminal offense.

Some companies might find it advantageous to prohibit using weed. Others might not. That is fine.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

JohnStOnge wrote:
CAA Flagship wrote: :lol:
Worked 13 years in the Environmental & SAFETY field (also, wife). I know the burden on a company when workplace injuries occur.

It's easier to determine BAC in people. Harder to determine how "high" someone is. Also, a person can get "high" quicker than they can get drunk. Point is, the legalization of recreational weed is a problem for companies.
I think that if a private company wants to say "If you want to work for me you can't do weed" it should have a right to. That's different than government saying that doing weed is a criminal offense.

Some companies might find it advantageous to prohibit using weed. Others might not. That is fine.
That sentiment right there is what disqualifies most “conservatives” from actually being conservative. :nod:
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

Chizzang wrote:

Really..?
It's a problem "for companies"

Yeah I can see that
Seattle and Denver businesses have just been decimated
Boeing and Microsoft can hardly field a work force
Don't be an idiot. Don't tell me that you know the daily challenges these companies face with worker's comp.
And it's much more of an issue with manufacturers than with a company like Microsoft. And it's an even bigger challenge with unions.
Last edited by CAA Flagship on Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

JohnStOnge wrote:

I don't disagree. I'm just saying that legalization makes it difficult on companies where safety is a big issue. Employees tend to think it is OK if they live in a state with legalization. And if companies say that it's OK on your own time, but not at work, it is more challenging for companies to enforce.

Another thing that is happening is that health insurance, in some cases, for all employees are getting affected in these states. In most cases, it is just the employee that uses that gets hit with higher premiums, like smokers. But healthcare companies are using it as an excuse to bump everyone in some cases. I have heard (not sure if true though) that the same thing happens in states where tobacco is cheaper, such as the tobacco growing states.
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

CAA Flagship wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:

I don't disagree. I'm just saying that legalization makes it difficult on companies where safety is a big issue. Employees tend to think it is OK if they live in a state with legalization. And if companies say that it's OK on your own time, but not at work, it is more challenging for companies to enforce.

Another thing that is happening is that health insurance, in some cases, for all employees are getting affected in these states. In most cases, it is just the employee that uses that gets hit with higher premiums, like smokers. But healthcare companies are using it as an excuse to bump everyone in some cases. I have heard (not sure if true though) that the same thing happens in states where tobacco is cheaper, such as the tobacco growing states.

Okay Chicken Little...
I thought Jeff Sessions was a Marijuana Drama Queen
You're laying it on pretty thick there Sparky

Note:
Companies can spot drug test you know
and the sh!t stays in your system forever

Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

Chizzang wrote:
CAA Flagship wrote: I don't disagree. I'm just saying that legalization makes it difficult on companies where safety is a big issue. Employees tend to think it is OK if they live in a state with legalization. And if companies say that it's OK on your own time, but not at work, it is more challenging for companies to enforce.

Okay Chicken Little...

Note:

Thus saith Cheech and Chizzong...
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

I have no idea if this is legit.....

If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
css75
Level3
Level3

Post by css75 »

HI54UNI wrote:I have no idea if this is legit.....

She certainly looks emaciated. Someone give her some food.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Chizzang wrote:
CAA Flagship wrote: I don't disagree. I'm just saying that legalization makes it difficult on companies where safety is a big issue. Employees tend to think it is OK if they live in a state with legalization. And if companies say that it's OK on your own time, but not at work, it is more challenging for companies to enforce.

Okay Chicken Little...

Note:

I was in the Navy. I got drug tested all the time

Then I was a cop and I couldnt produce enough piss to take all the tests

Now I'm State Dept and Ive never been tested... ever

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

∞∞∞ wrote:
andy7171 wrote: I said nothing about shooting people on sight. If they are stopped and then run in, then shoot em. That's how borders work. Come in legally, no problem, welcome to the USA, do it illegally, you're a dumbass putting yourself at in danger.

You do see the difference, right?
I don't see a difference because the way I'm raised, both those things are murder.

If the US becomes a desperate economic shithole and one of your daughters makes a run into Canada to find a better life, you're ok with some mountie shooting her for running across an imaginary line in the middle of nowhere? We know she's not a dumbass.
You don't see the difference between entering a country legally vs illegally?
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

JohnStOnge wrote:
css75 wrote:

Concur, Chizzang, but need border enforcement for the massive amount of narcotics coming in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
No. What we need to do is give up the nonsense of recreational drug prohibition. It's just as insane as alcohol prohibition was. People should be able to smoke pot if they want to. People should be able to take opioids for no other reason than to get high if they want to. So on and so forth. Flipping leave people alone.
Just don't let the queers marry, right?
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

Chizzang wrote:
Note:

Not so easy. A guy monitoring a line is stationed at a location by himself. A forktruck driver is not exactly within breath smell of a supervisor.
Yes it stays in your system. That's what makes it so hard to determine if someone is under the influence now, vs. having taken it last weekend.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

CAA Flagship wrote:
kalm wrote:
Sometimes, but we're cross training more these days on different mowing units.

You're very astute... :suspicious:

There is a shocking number people that smoke a joint before going to work and it in no way affects them. We shouldn't equate recreational use and addiction.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Re: RE: Re: Migrant Caravan

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:

That sentiment right there is what disqualifies most “conservatives” from actually being conservative. :nod:
Or libertarian.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

CAA Flagship wrote:
Chizzang wrote:
Note:

Not so easy. A guy monitoring a line is stationed at a location by himself. A forktruck driver is not exactly within breath smell of a supervisor.
Yes it stays in your system. That's what makes it so hard to determine if someone is under the influence now, vs. having taken it last weekend.
And lord knows, it's so damn evil and powerful there's no way intoxication could be detected through a field sobriety test. :lol:
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

UNI88 wrote:
kalm wrote:
Or libertarian.
what

That seems to be a very libertarian viewpoint to me

"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

kalm wrote:
CAA Flagship wrote: Not so easy. A guy monitoring a line is stationed at a location by himself. A forktruck driver is not exactly within breath smell of a supervisor.
And lord knows, it's so damn evil and powerful there's no way intoxication could be detected through a field sobriety test. :lol:
What does that mean? I have no idea what you are saying here.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

CAA Flagship wrote:
kalm wrote:
What does that mean? I have no idea what you are saying here.
Weed is tricky because it can stay in your system long after the effects are gone. But unlike alcohol you can't judge impairment through a field sobriety test to determine whether the person is high now or was high weeks ago?

I'm not advocating for forklift drivers to get high on duty, but perhaps weed isn't quite the same as alcohol when it comes to safety/impairment.

Slowest forklift driver.........EVER!

:mrgreen:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

CID1990 wrote:
UNI88 wrote:Or libertarian.
what

It's that too for sure, but I thought conservatives were also supposed to be for liberty and keeping government out of these type of decisions.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Re: RE: Re: Migrant Caravan

Post by UNI88 »

CID1990 wrote:
UNI88 wrote:Or libertarian.
what

A company can and should require that you show up ready (not impaired) for work but they shouldn't be able to tell you what you can and can't do in your free time if it doesn't impact your performance on the job. If it does you have an intrusive employer instead of (or in addition to) an intrusive government.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

kalm wrote:
CAA Flagship wrote: What does that mean? I have no idea what you are saying here.
Weed is tricky because it can stay in your system long after the effects are gone. But unlike alcohol you can't judge impairment through a field sobriety test to determine whether the person is high now or was high weeks ago?

I'm not advocating for forklift drivers to get high on duty, but perhaps weed isn't quite the same as alcohol when it comes to safety/impairment.

Pretty sure I already stated/agreed that weed stays in your system. That is why some companies have a "no weed" policy in a legalized state. It's just too difficult to determine the current impairment. This is bad for the responsible recreational user that wants to do it on their own time.

So what percent of impairment is weed vs. alcohol? 75%? 50%? 25%?
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

CAA Flagship wrote:
kalm wrote:

Pretty sure I already stated/agreed that weed stays in your system. That is why some companies have a "no weed" policy in a legalized state. It's just too difficult to determine the current impairment. This is bad for the responsible recreational user that wants to do it on their own time.

Apples to oranges and depends on the type of weed, how it's ingested, the person, etc. EG: edibles have a much stronger effect as they are processed through the liver rather than the lungs and produce a different compound of THC than if it's smoked. :ugeek:
andy7171
Firefly
Firefly
I am a fan of: Wiping.
A.K.A.: HE HATE ME

Post by andy7171 »

Where'd trip go?
"Elaine, you're from Baltimore, right?"
"Yes, well, Towson actually."
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

kalm wrote:
CAA Flagship wrote: Pretty sure I already stated/agreed that weed stays in your system. That is why some companies have a "no weed" policy in a legalized state. It's just too difficult to determine the current impairment. This is bad for the responsible recreational user that wants to do it on their own time.

Apples to oranges and depends on the type of weed, how it's ingested, the person, etc. EG: edibles have a much stronger effect as they are processed through the liver rather than the lungs and produce a different compound of THC than if it's smoked. :ugeek:
Yes. And alcohol impairment depends on how much alcohol one would consume. And some people can be less, or more, impaired by the same amount of alcohol as the person next to them.
Impairment is impairment. But, for companies, alcohol impairment is easier to measure than weed impairment. That's all I'm saying here.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

CAA Flagship wrote:
kalm wrote:
Yes. And alcohol impairment depends on how much alcohol one would consume. And some people can be less, or more, impaired by the same amount of alcohol as the person next to them.
Impairment is impairment. But, for companies, alcohol impairment is easier to measure than weed impairment. That's all I'm saying here.
Whatever................,

Man.