Delaware Assault Weapons Ban

Political discussions
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Re: Delaware Assault Weapons Ban

Post by Col Hogan »

93henfan wrote:Add another one to the pile. Fifth gun control bill of the year introduced in Delawaryland:

https://www.delawareonline.com/story/ne ... 507814002/
Legislation that would end the sale of large-capacity magazines in Delaware will be introduced in the Delaware General Assembly on Thursday.

The bill is the latest in a series of gun-control measures now working their way through the Legislature.

"This is a substantial piece of legislation in Delaware's overall gun safety reform efforts that accommodates our law-abiding citizens while balancing public safety concerns," said its chief sponsor state Rep. Larry Mitchell, D-Elsmere.

House Bill 375 would outlaw the sale, transfer, delivery and – in some cases – possession of ammunition-feeding devices that can accept more than 10 rounds, regardless of whether it is used with a handgun or rifle...
Btw, Mitchell is former LEO and would be exempted from the bill if it becomes law.
If they are good enough for the Pakland shooter, they are good enough for Delaware...
Cruz went in with only 10-round magazines because larger clips would not fit in his duffel bag, Book said.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/c ... rylink=cpy
:coffee: :kisswink:
“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

What’s this? Trying to use facts and Constitutions over emotion with Democrats?
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Just a quick update on the Delaware Democrats' "throw the spaghetti on the wall and see what sticks" barrage of "common sense gun control" bills in our General Assembly.

The standard-capacity magazine ban bill (HB 375) was amended yesterday. It originally called for a Commiefornia equivalent 10 round limit on magazines. After several concealed carry people complained (apparently they must carry Glock 17s), the 10-round limit was amended to 17 rounds and CCDW permit holders are exempted.

We are still fighting that one. Standard capacity for all of my ARs and AKs is 30 rounds. I'm not relinquishing my magazines or neutering my weapons. I think I'm going to go ahead and order some 100 and 75 round drums now. I never saw a need for them before, but I know it angers people, so I'm interested now.

The bump stock ban was amended again in the House to add back in the compensation fund, so instead of an outright theft-or-felon edict from the state, they're willing to give you a token $100 for your bump stock. I'm just going to "lose" mine I think.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

How much did a bump stock cost?
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

GannonFan wrote:How much did a bump stock cost?
~$200 A novelty and a waste of money, but I have plenty of dough and I was curious. I later found that I can bump just as well without one. In fact, last weekend I was bumping my M92 AK pistol from my shoulder with no bump stock and just technique alone and it was a blast.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Here's what bumping without a bump stock looks like:

phpBB [video]
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

The fight against the leftists is far from over, but we will continue fighting at whatever cost. DGR is the best thing to happen to this dangerously blue state in awhile.
“They don’t hate your guns, they hate YOU!” was the call to action that put Delaware lawmakers on notice. Delivered by former NRA president John Sigler at a rally back in April, it perfectly expressed the sentiment of the awakening pro-gun resistance...

That declaration served to galvanize gun owners. Mitch Denham, a Delaware resident, took to social media. Denham started a Facebook group called Delaware Gun Rights (DGR). In its first 48 hours of existence, the DGR page accumulated nearly 22,000 members...

On the first “Meet Your Legislators” Day, the Capitol Police estimated 800 people took the trouble to arrive, pass through security, sign in to see their representatives and senators and make their voices heard. I was there that day, and what I witnessed was sensory overload on behalf of the elected. They were overwhelmed by the numbers and the unity of purpose of nearly a thousand people taking time from their jobs and lives to make a statement.

“I had never been involved in any kind of political activism prior to the inception of Delaware Gun Rights. In fact, I took a defeatists attitude to politics in Delaware,” explained Denham. “This was the last straw for me.”

It is this sincerity and lack of polish that makes the DGR group stand apart from the bussed-in opposition with pamphlets and matching t-shirts. Despite what they may say publically, I think the legislators clearly distinguish sponsored “activists” and voting citizens who have had enough...

What does this heartwarming story about a little state called Delaware mean to you if you live far away and have your own battle to fight? It means that you can make a difference if you rise up as one and fight the gun grabbers who want to further their political careers by stealing your freedom. It means that while Mr. Sigler’s words are likely true, what they hate even more than our guns, and us, is losing an election. They need to be reminded that they can and will lose.
https://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/the-bl ... rifle-ban/
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Don't know why, but I found this extremely funny...and perhaps a bit counter to Cid's claim that "law abiding citizens will dutifully turn in their weapons when told...."
Under New Jersey’s new bump-stock ban, which was approved in January, residents were supposed to destroy or turn in their bump stocks by mid-April.

So far, New Jersey State Police say, they have not received a single one.

Months after a man used a bump stock to quickly mow down 58 people in Las Vegas, seven states now prohibit the sale and possession of the devices, which enable semiautomatic rifles to fire at the rate of fully automatic fire. Bans of bump stocks in Hawaii and Connecticut are currently awaiting governors’ signatures, and lawmakers in Delaware and Rhode Island are expected to approve bans soon.

Even though proposed bump-stock bans have stalled in more than a dozen states, gun control advocates who want to rid the country of the accessory are celebrating their existing statehouse victories. They agree with gun owners and police, however, that enforcing the bans will be a challenge.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: 1995 Montana Griz
A.K.A.: Fuck Off
Location: America: and having my rights violated on a daily basis

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

That is funny, not one! Not even some dumb left wing douchebag, not one!! LOL God they fail so hard its hilarious

ALPHAGRIZ1 - Now available in internet black

The flat earth society has members all around the globe
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:I didnt read it but its unconstitutional

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed".
Its not being infringed. The militia has your weapon in their armory and you have a right to bear it. Its not their fault you wouldn't pass the induction physical. :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

93henfan wrote:Just a quick update on the Delaware Democrats' "throw the spaghetti on the wall and see what sticks" barrage of "common sense gun control" bills in our General Assembly.

The standard-capacity magazine ban bill (HB 375) was amended yesterday. It originally called for a Commiefornia equivalent 10 round limit on magazines. After several concealed carry people complained (apparently they must carry Glock 17s), the 10-round limit was amended to 17 rounds and CCDW permit holders are exempted.

We are still fighting that one. Standard capacity for all of my ARs and AKs is 30 rounds. I'm not relinquishing my magazines or neutering my weapons. I think I'm going to go ahead and order some 100 and 75 round drums now. I never saw a need for them before, but I know it angers people, so I'm interested now.

The bump stock ban was amended again in the House to add back in the compensation fund, so instead of an outright theft-or-felon edict from the state, they're willing to give you a token $100 for your bump stock. I'm just going to "lose" mine I think.

:rofl:

There is nothing funnier than an outraged guvmint employee.
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

houndawg wrote:
ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:I didnt read it but its unconstitutional

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed".
Its not being infringed. The militia has your weapon in their armory and you have a right to bear it. Its not their fault you wouldn't pass the induction physical. :coffee:
Perhaps you missed the "keep" part of "keep and bear arms". :dunce: :dunce:
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Dumbocrats always get tripped up on the word "militia". I actually had one at work try to tell be that the Founding Fathers intended for only members of a militia to be able to keep and bear arms. :lol:
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

93henfan wrote:Dumbocrats always get tripped up on the word "militia". I actually had one at work try to tell be that the Founding Fathers intended for only members of a militia to be able to keep and bear arms. :lol:
Both sides bend the sh!t out of the 2nd...
I've heard every crazy stupid explanation you could possibly imagine and a few beyond that

"Well regulated"
"Militia"
"The security of a free state"
"The People"

everything is up for grabs
as long as it serves who ever's point

:lol:
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Chizzang wrote:
93henfan wrote:Dumbocrats always get tripped up on the word "militia". I actually had one at work try to tell be that the Founding Fathers intended for only members of a militia to be able to keep and bear arms. :lol:
I've heard every crazy stupid explanation you could possibly imagine and a few beyond that

"Well regulated"
"Militia"
"The People"

Right. The only part that is crystal clear is “shall not be infringed”, so let’s just stick to that. :thumb:
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

93henfan wrote:
Chizzang wrote:

"Well regulated"
"Militia"
"The People"

Right. The only part that is crystal clear is “shall not be infringed”, so let’s just stick to that. :thumb:
Sure...
I don't know what the right answer is
and I don't enjoy the process required to purchase a gun - it's pretty ridiculous actually

Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5

Re: RE: Re: Delaware Assault Weapons Ban

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

AZGrizFan wrote:
houndawg wrote:
He's an idiot that is talking about things he's clueless about.

I am a militia

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:

I am a militia

That's fine, but you don't have to be to keep and bear arms (I know you know this). 2A only says that a militia is necessary to the security of a free State (ie. anti-tyranny), so the Founding Fathers guaranteed private citizens the right to have the arms necessary to raise such a militia if needed. That right shall not be infringed.

It's not that hard really. Somehow, those who want to confiscate guns or install smart technology on them so they won't work when you need them most are the ones who shockingly can't comprehend the verbiage.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

93henfan wrote:
ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:He's an idiot that is talking about things he's clueless about.

I am a militia

That's fine, but you don't have to be to keep and bear arms (I know you know this). 2A only says that a militia is necessary to the security of a free State (ie. anti-tyranny), so the Founding Fathers guaranteed private citizens the right to have the arms necessary to raise such a militia if needed. That right shall not be infringed.

It's not that hard really. Somehow, those who want to confiscate guns or install smart technology on them so they won't work when you need them most are the ones who shockingly can't comprehend the verbiage.
:lol: It really IS shockingly simple, yet so many lefties twist it and turn it and fuck it up to the point that it’s almost unrecognizable.
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Delaware Assault Weapons Ban

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

AZGrizFan wrote:
93henfan wrote:

Image It really IS shockingly simple, yet so many lefties twist it and turn it and fuck it up to the point that it’s almost unrecognizable.
Agree with both of ya, it's amazing how fucking stupid the left is....... (it's not)

houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

AZGrizFan wrote:
houndawg wrote:
Which is exactly what you'll do when the militia requires your service. :coffee:

Since you're too old to serve in a militia you have no right to keep and bear arms. Unless you meant bare arms. Those you definitely got a right to even if you are no longer militia material. :coffee:
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:

I am a militia

You're a bot that is just some Russian's caricature of a real American. Nobody is really as simple as you. :coffee:
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

houndawg wrote:
ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:He's an idiot that is talking about things he's clueless about.

I am a militia

You're a bot that is just some Russian's caricature of a real American. Nobody is really as simple as you. :coffee:
I've come to the conclusion you are female.

Make me a sandwich and STFU bitch!

houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:
houndawg wrote:
I've come to the conclusion you are female.

Make me a sandwich and STFU bitch!

I got your sandwich, boy. :coffee:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

houndawg wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
Which is exactly what you'll do when the militia requires your service. :coffee:

Since you're too old to serve in a militia you have no right to keep and bear arms. Unless you meant bare arms. Those you definitely got a right to even if you are no longer militia material. :coffee:
Says the old guy who can’t get out of his rocker.

I’ll keep AND bear arms, thanks tho.