Firefly
Firefly
I am a fan of: Wiping.
A.K.A.: HE HATE ME

Re: Delaware Assault Weapons Ban

Post by andy7171 »

ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:
93henfan wrote:
A new FB Group Delaware Gun Rights was started earlier today and is already over 12,000 members in less than 12 hours. That's a decent start in a state of less than a million. After three gun control bills since the start of the year and now the AWB, people are getting off their asses to fight. Ninety percent of the land area of this state is being controlled by the ten percent where all the liberals cluster together like roaches.
Sounds like a well regulated militia to me..................even though Facebook will trash that group as soon as somebody reports it to them. They are in on the anti gun grab.
Wouldn't they be on the gun grab? Or anti gun? Dipshit.
"Elaine, you're from Baltimore, right?"
"Yes, well, Towson actually."
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

andy7171 wrote:
ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:
Sounds like a well regulated militia to me..................even though Facebook will trash that group as soon as somebody reports it to them. They are in on the anti gun grab.
Spoiler: show
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

andy7171 wrote:
ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

93henfan wrote:Delaware was actually a very middle of the road (politically) state with very reasonable laws until the 90s.

Delaware was also composed of mostly native Delawareans until the 90s.

New Jersey's population began declining due to emigration in the 90s.

People from NJ, NY, Philly, MD, and DC began scooping up second and retirement homes in DE in the 90s.

Draw your own conclusions.
Same for western NC - particularly Boone and Asheville

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: 1995 Montana Griz
A.K.A.: Fuck Off
Location: America: and having my rights violated on a daily basis

Re: RE: Re: Delaware Assault Weapons Ban

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

andy7171 wrote:
ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:
Anchors away

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

ALPHAGRIZ1 - Now available in internet black

The flat earth society has members all around the globe
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

GrizFanStuckInUtah
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: Montana

Post by GrizFanStuckInUtah »

Just buy the stripped lowers for now, then you can build them out later.
-Go Griz!
-Class of '97
-Thank you to all our Veterans. :bow:
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

GrizFanStuckInUtah wrote:Just buy the stripped lowers for now, then you can build them out later.
:nod: That will be my final purchase when the bill is close to passing the General Assembly. Will probably pick up 10 lowers for ~$500.
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

You guys are gun retailers wet dream...

You could just chillax and carefully shop states with reasonable gun prices
That are not presently in the middle of gun legislation turmoil and save 30%

Fly to wherever
package up your weapons
Federal law does not restrict individuals from transporting legally acquired firearms across state lines

Take a deep breath

:coffee:

BTW:
Just ordered one of these babies for the GF
She's jazzed

Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Chizzang wrote: Federal law does not restrict individuals from transporting legally acquired firearms across state lines
Federal law is of no concern.
(c) Prohibitions. - Except as provided in subsection (d) of this section, it is unlawful for a person to do any of the following:

(1) Transport an assault weapon into this State
http://legis.delaware.gov/BillDetail?le ... onId=26410
GrizFanStuckInUtah
Level3
Level3

93henfan wrote:
Chizzang wrote: Federal law does not restrict individuals from transporting legally acquired firearms across state lines
(c) Prohibitions. - Except as provided in subsection (d) of this section, it is unlawful for a person to do any of the following:

(1) Transport an assault weapon into this State
So, if you ever take it out of the state, it can't come back in? :suspicious: If I already own one, I can't move to Deleware and keep mine? :suspicious: These are the days.........
-Go Griz!
-Class of '97
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

GrizFanStuckInUtah wrote:
93henfan wrote:

So, if you ever take it out of the state, it can't come back in? :suspicious: If I already own one, I can't move to Deleware and keep mine? :suspicious: These are the days.........
No. I didn’t list all the exceptions. The gist with the one I listed is you cannot go out of state after the bill is passed to purchase a weapon you can’t buy in the state.

That being said, with neither state nor federal registration required, proving the dates would be difficult. They’d have to track the serial number to the FFL or individual you purchased from and attempt to confirm a sale date after the bill before they could prosecute you.

As far as moving to Delaware from out of state, I haven’t read that far into it yet, nor do I care. I will only be moving out of this state. Never back in.
GrizFanStuckInUtah
Level3
Level3

93henfan wrote:
No. I didn’t list all the exceptions. The gist with the one I listed is you cannot go out of state after the bill is passed to purchase a weapon you can’t buy in the state.

That being said, with neither state nor federal registration required, proving the dates would be difficult. They’d have to track the serial number to the FFL or individual you purchased from and attempt to confirm a sale date after the bill before they could prosecute you.

As far as moving to Delaware from out of state, I haven’t read that far into it yet, nor do I care. I will only be moving out of this state. Never back in.
Just sent you a funny link on FB. :lol:
-Go Griz!
-Class of '97
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

93henfan wrote:

Ah Yes... poorly conceived legislation
The state will never be able to enforce what they are trying to pass
and frankly they would never be able to find anybody to act on behalf of the state and enforce it

It's just poorly thought out bullsh!t
and some HUGE infringements on citizens basic freedoms

:ohno:
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Post by Col Hogan »

Chizzang wrote:
93henfan wrote:

Ah Yes... poorly conceived legislation
The state will never be able to enforce what they are trying to pass
and frankly they would never be able to find anybody to act on behalf of the state and enforce it

It's just poorly thought out bullsh!t
and some HUGE infringements on citizens basic freedoms

:ohno:
It’s like the call for universal background checks on all sales...

Can’t be done without universal registration...
“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

93henfan wrote:Placed order for FN-15 rifle this morning. Need to decide what next. Maybe a Galil ACE. Need to beef up the collection and get a gun trust started so my sons can have decent weaponry if they choose to stay in this shithole state after I retire in West Virginia or Montana or some other free state.

Noted
:thumb:
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

dbackjon wrote:
93henfan wrote:Placed order for FN-15 rifle this morning. Need to decide what next. Maybe a Galil ACE. Need to beef up the collection and get a gun trust started so my sons can have decent weaponry if they choose to stay in this shithole state after I retire in West Virginia or Montana or some other free state.

Noted
:lol:
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:I didnt read it but its unconstitutional

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed".
That was for before we had a standing Army. Things have changed. :coffee:

And you're way too weird to be running around armed in your condition. :ohno:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Chizzang wrote:You guys are gun retailers wet dream...

Fly to wherever
package up your weapons
Federal law does not restrict individuals from transporting legally acquired firearms across state lines

Take a deep breath

BTW:
She's jazzed

.30-.30?
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

houndawg wrote:
Chizzang wrote:You guys are gun retailers wet dream...

Fly to wherever
package up your weapons

Take a deep breath

BTW:
She's jazzed

.30-.30?
The Rossi R92 Round Barrel delivers shorter, lighter versions of their big brothers with 16 or 20 carbine models. Available in .38/.357, .44 Mag., .45 Colt, .44-40 Win and .454 Casull. The R92 Round Barrel comes in two finish options - Blue and Stainless. All R92 Round Barrel models feature crescent buttplates and an extended front sight.
For brush hunting and wilderness packing, Rossi R92 carbine .454 Casull features optional magazine-tube loading and recoil absorbing butt pad.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

CID1990 wrote:
93henfan wrote:Delaware was actually a very middle of the road (politically) state with very reasonable laws until the 90s.

Delaware was also composed of mostly native Delawareans until the 90s.

New Jersey's population began declining due to emigration in the 90s.

People from NJ, NY, Philly, MD, and DC began scooping up second and retirement homes in DE in the 90s.

Draw your own conclusions.

Nice towns but I'd want to be somewhere like Sparta if I were thinking of NC as a place to live.
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

houndawg wrote:
CID1990 wrote:

Nice towns but I'd want to be somewhere like Sparta if I were thinking of NC as a place to live.
Well when I mention a town or city, I really mean the area around that town or city... I wouldn't live *in* those towns either

or anywhere else I have neighbors closer then a half mile away

"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Update on the four gun control bills introduced in the Delaware General Assembly this year:

1. The no-guns-for-crazy-people bill is going to unanimously pass. Only the ACLU objected, and nobody listens to them.

2. The bump-stock ban bill may get hung up over the lack of compensation being offered by Donks. TBD.

3. The 21-years-old-to-purchase bill was tabled on Thursday. Couldn't get the votes.

4. The Assault Weapons Ban is going to be a battle royale. The state senate is composed of 11 Donks and 10 Conks. One downstate Donk, Ennis, bucked the party and is against it. Gun owners were elated.... but then, one Conk, Lavelle (upstate district Hockessin/Pike Creek), said he's thinking through a very tough decision. He's now the most popular Senator in Delaware, if calls and emails are a gauge. He's fucked either way. If he votes against, he loses his reelection. If he votes for, he loses his reelection. Hopefully he realizes this and takes one for the team.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

93henfan wrote:Update on the four gun control bills introduced in the Delaware General Assembly this year:

1. The no-guns-for-crazy-people bill is going to unanimously pass. Only the ACLU objected, and nobody listens to them.

2. The bump-stock ban bill may get hung up over the lack of compensation being offered by Donks. TBD.

3. The 21-years-old-to-purchase bill was tabled on Thursday. Couldn't get the votes.

4. The Assault Weapons Ban is going to be a battle royale. The state senate is composed of 11 Donks and 10 Conks. One downstate Donk, Ennis, bucked the party and is against it. Gun owners were elated.... but then, one Conk, Lavelle (upstate district Hockessin/Pike Creek), said he's thinking through a very tough decision. He's now the most popular Senator in Delaware, if calls and emails are a gauge. He's **** either way. If he votes against, he loses his reelection. If he votes for, he loses his reelection. Hopefully he realizes this and takes one for the team.
Too bad. Lavelle is my Wilmington State Senator. He’s a good guy.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Add another one to the pile. Fifth gun control bill of the year introduced in Delawaryland:

https://www.delawareonline.com/story/ne ... 507814002/
Legislation that would end the sale of large-capacity magazines in Delaware will be introduced in the Delaware General Assembly on Thursday.

The bill is the latest in a series of gun-control measures now working their way through the Legislature.

"This is a substantial piece of legislation in Delaware's overall gun safety reform efforts that accommodates our law-abiding citizens while balancing public safety concerns," said its chief sponsor state Rep. Larry Mitchell, D-Elsmere.

House Bill 375 would outlaw the sale, transfer, delivery and – in some cases – possession of ammunition-feeding devices that can accept more than 10 rounds, regardless of whether it is used with a handgun or rifle...
Btw, Mitchell is former LEO and would be exempted from the bill if it becomes law.