93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Delaware Assault Weapons Ban

Post by 93henfan »

Draft hot off the presses:

https://www.scribd.com/book/374390624/P ... eapons-Ban
SYNOPSIS:

This Act prohibits the manufacture, sale, offer to sell, transfer, purchase, receipt, possession, or transport of assault weapons in Delaware, subject to certain exceptions. One exception relevant to individuals is that the Act does not prohibit the possession and transport of firearms that were lawfully possessed or fully applied for before the effective date of this Act; although for these firearms there are certain restrictions relating to their possession and transport after the effective date of this Act.This Act is based on the Firearm Safety Act of 2013 (“FSA”) passed in Maryland in the wake of the tragic slaughtering of children on December 14, 2012, at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut. The FSA’s assault weapons ban was upheld as constitutional on February 21, 2017, by the full membership of the United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit, in the case of Kolbe v. Hogan, 849 F.3d 114 (4th Cir. 2017).The names Newtown, Aurora, San Bernardino, Orlando, Las Vegas, and Parkland, among others, have become synonymous with tragic killing of innocent, unsuspecting Americans of all ages and backgrounds, amidst a framework of federal and state laws that have permitted the purchase of weapons designed for the battlefield — not for our schools, our theaters, our places of worship, or our homes.Safety — both for the general public, as well as members of Delaware's law enforcement community — is the objective of this Act, as it was for the FSA. And, as with the FSA, a primary goal of this Act is to reduce the availability of assault weapons so that when a criminal acts, he or she does so with a less dangerous weapon and less severe consequences.Relying on United States Supreme Court precedent from District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008), as well as the holdings of its sister circuits, the full Fourth Circuit concluded that the assault weapons banned by the FSA are not protected by the Second Amendment. The Fourth Circuit was convinced that the banned assault weapons are among those arms that are “like” “M-16 rifles” — “weapons that are most useful in military service” — which the Heller Court singled out as being beyond the Second Amendment’s reach.The Fourth Circuit concluded that Maryland had presented extensive uncontroverted evidence demonstrating that the assault weapons outlawed by the FSA are exceptionally lethal weapons of war. The Fourth Circuit also concluded that the evidence showed the difference between the fully automatic and semiautomatic versions of military-style weapons is slight. Further evidence considered by the Fourth Circuit that motivates this Act is as follows:(1) Like their fully automatic counterparts, the banned assault weapons are firearms designed for the battlefield, for the soldier to be able to shoot a large number of rounds across a battlefield at a high rate of speed, and that their design results in a capability for lethality — more wounds, more serious, in more victims — far beyond that of other firearms in general, including other semiautomatic guns.(2) The banned assault weapons have been used disproportionately to their ownership in mass shootings and the murders of law enforcement officers.(3) The banned assault weapons further pose a heightened risk to civilians in that rounds from assault weapons have the ability to easily penetrate most materials used in standard home construction, car doors, and similar materials, and that criminals armed with the banned assault weapons possess a “military-style advantage” in firefights with law enforcement officers, as such weapons allow criminals to effectively engage law enforcement officers from great distances and their rounds easily pass through the soft body armor worn by most law enforcement officers.(4) Although self-defense is a conceivable use of the banned assault weapons, most individuals choose to keep other firearms for that purpose.(5) Prohibitions against assault weapons will promote public safety by reducing the availability of those armaments to mass shooters and other criminals, by diminishing their especial threat to law enforcement officers, and by hindering their unintentional misuse by civilians.(6) In many situations, the semiautomatic fire of an assault weapon is more accurate and lethal than the automatic fire.Finding this evidence and these conclusions by the Fourth Circuit to be strongly persuasive of the applicable framework of constitutional rights, and firmly believing that promoting the safety of the Delaware public and Delaware law enforcement is a paramount function of the Delaware General Assembly, Delaware legislators file this Act in the name of public safety and with adherence to core constitutional principles.

Author: Senator Townsend
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Delaware Assault Weapons Ban

Post by 93henfan »

How many ARs and AKs can 93henfan buy in 6 months?

ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: 1995 Montana Griz
A.K.A.: Fuck Off
Location: America: and having my rights violated on a daily basis

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

I didnt read it but its unconstitutional

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed".

ALPHAGRIZ1 - Now available in internet black

The flat earth society has members all around the globe
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:I didnt read it but its unconstitutional

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed".
A new FB Group Delaware Gun Rights was started earlier today and is already over 12,000 members in less than 12 hours. That's a decent start in a state of less than a million. After three gun control bills since the start of the year and now the AWB, people are getting off their asses to fight. Ninety percent of the land area of this state is being controlled by the ten percent where all the liberals cluster together like roaches.
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

A State where no one lives more than 20 miles from some part of the border banning something is kinda funny. :lol:
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
BlueHen86
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: The McManus Brothers
A.K.A.: Duffman

Post by BlueHen86 »

“Take the guns first, go through due process second,” - Donald Trump
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

93henfan wrote:

A new FB Group Delaware Gun Rights was started earlier today and is already over 12,000 members in less than 12 hours. That's a decent start in a state of less than a million. After three gun control bills since the start of the year and now the AWB, people are getting off their asses to fight. Ninety percent of the land area of this state is being controlled by the ten percent where all the liberals cluster together like roaches.
That sounds awful...
I would call for an armed insurrection

:nod:

Take back Delaware
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
BlueHen86
Supporter
Supporter

Post by BlueHen86 »

Chizzang wrote:
93henfan wrote:
That sounds awful...
I would call for an armed insurrection

:nod:

Take back Delaware

I prefer Gandhi's method of unarmed insurrection. Bullets won't hit you if you lie down!

Or was that horses? Oh well, doesn't matter. Either way, it looks cool on the news and makes for a great movie.
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

93henfan wrote:

Sounds like a well regulated militia to me..................even though Facebook will trash that group as soon as somebody reports it to them. They are in on the anti gun grab.

BlueHen86
Supporter
Supporter

Post by BlueHen86 »

ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:
93henfan wrote:
Sounds like a well regulated militia to me..................even though Facebook will trash that group as soon as somebody reports it to them. They are in on the anti gun grab.
Aren't they working with Putin? So yeah.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

Brian Townsend. It figures. :coffee:
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

Ivytalk wrote:Brian Townsend. It figures. :coffee:
Better start stockpiling, Ivy. 8-)
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Placed order for FN-15 rifle this morning. Need to decide what next. Maybe a Galil ACE. Need to beef up the collection and get a gun trust started so my sons can have decent weaponry if they choose to stay in this shithole state after I retire in West Virginia or Montana or some other free state.
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Post by Col Hogan »

Do you have to register weapons in DE?
“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Col Hogan wrote:Do you have to register weapons in DE?
Not yet.

Yet.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Delaware was actually a very middle of the road (politically) state with very reasonable laws until the 90s.

Delaware was also composed of mostly native Delawareans until the 90s.

New Jersey's population began declining due to emigration in the 90s.

People from NJ, NY, Philly, MD, and DC began scooping up second and retirement homes in DE in the 90s.

Draw your own conclusions.
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Col Hogan »

93henfan wrote:
Not yet.

Yet.
It is the next logical step in the downward spiral your state is in...

:ohno:

93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Col Hogan wrote:
93henfan wrote:
Not yet.

Yet.

If it happens, I'll register a couple of shotguns. That's it. Everything else gets dropped/lost in the lake.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Btw, Col, how many inaccuracies and outright lies did you read in the synopsis to the AWB alone? :lol:

The kicker is that Townsend proudly proclaimed how he stole it from Maryland.

If Maryland is your crime reduction model, well, I just don't know what to say. :facepalm:
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

93henfan wrote:Btw, Col, how many inaccuracies and outright lies did you read in the synopsis to the AWB alone? :lol:

The kicker is that Townsend proudly proclaimed how he stole it from Maryland.

If Maryland is your crime reduction model, well, I just don't know what to say. :facepalm:
He lost that primary to BLUNT-Rochester for a reason. Arrogant azzhole.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Col Hogan »

93henfan wrote:
Col Hogan wrote:

If it happens, I'll register a couple of shotguns. That's it. Everything else gets dropped/lost in the lake.
We already have CT and NY as examples of what happen when repressive governments try to institute registration...

In CT, it is estimated that less than 30% of the required weapons actually have been registered...

The Hartford Courant newspaper actually wrote an editorial calling on door-to-door raids on homes suspected of hiding unregistered weapons...

:suspicious:

93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Col Hogan wrote:
93henfan wrote:
We already have CT and NY as examples of what happen when repressive governments try to institute registration...

In CT, it is estimated that less than 30% of the required weapons actually have been registered...

The Hartford Courant newspaper actually wrote an editorial calling on door-to-door raids on homes suspected of hiding unregistered weapons...

:suspicious:
Welp, you'll be reading about me on the news if it ever gets to that point.
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5

Re: RE: Re: Delaware Assault Weapons Ban

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

You never have to register weapons...... EVER

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

93henfan wrote:
Col Hogan wrote:

What lake?

93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:
93henfan wrote:
What lake?

Pond. My bad.