JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Re: MCabe Fired

Post by JohnStOnge »

CID1990 wrote:This isn’t a case of “he said, she said”

The IG made these findings against McCabe, end of story. There is no “who to believe”

He leaked LE sensitive info and he lied.

Take issue with Sessions’ decision to fire him, but the facts are not in dispute
I would not be surprised if McCabe disputes the facts at some point. I have no idea as to what the truth is. But I'm getting the impression that he does not agree with the Inspector General's determination.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Skjellyfetti wrote:
CID1990 wrote:
I don't know if the public version is even published yet
Sounds like it was rushed for some reason? Hmm.

The full report isn't finished, but should be released soon.

I was talking about the report Sessions was referencing here:
After an extensive and fair investigation and according to Department of Justice procedure, the Department’s Office of the Inspector General (OIG) provided its report on allegations of misconduct by Andrew McCabe to the FBI’s Office of Professional Responsibility (OPR).
OIG reports are acted on all the time prior to public release. When gross violations have occurred they are almost always acted on immediately

It usually takes our post OIG reports up to 6 months to be published, but chiefs of mission and the department have seen them and acted on IG recommendations long before that

I'm not sure what it is that you are finding peculiar -

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

TheDancinMonarch wrote:You live by the sword. You die by the sword. It's just that simple.
Huh? What’s that simple?
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

∞∞∞ wrote:Here's McCabe's full statement:
I have been an FBI Special Agent for over 21 years. I spent half of that time investigating Russian Organized Crime as a street agent and Supervisor in New York City. I have spent the second half of my career focusing on national security issues and protecting this country from terrorism. I served in some of the most challenging, demanding investigative and leadership roles in the FBI. And I was privileged to serve as Deputy Director during a particularly tough time.

For the last year and a half, my family and I have been the targets of an unrelenting assault on our reputation and my service to this country. Articles too numerous to count have leveled every sort of false, defamatory and degrading allegation against us. The President's tweets have amplified and exacerbated it all. He called for my firing. He called for me to be stripped of my pension after more than 20 years of service. And all along we have said nothing, never wanting to distract from the mission of the FBI by addressing the lies told and repeated about us.

No more.

The investigation by the Justice Department's Office of Inspector General (OIG) has to be understood in the context of the attacks on my credibility. The investigation flows from my attempt to explain the FBI's involvement and my supervision of investigations involving Hillary Clinton. I was being portrayed in the media over and over as a political partisan, accused of closing down investigations under political pressure. The FBI was portrayed as caving under that pressure, and making decisions for political rather than law enforcement purposes. Nothing was further from the truth. In fact, this entire investigation stems from my efforts, fully authorized under FBI rules, to set the record straight on behalf of the Bureau, and to make clear that we were continuing an investigation that people in DOJ opposed.

The OIG investigation has focused on information I chose to share with a reporter through my public affairs officer and a legal counselor. As Deputy Director, I was one of only a few people who had the authority to do that. It was not a secret, it took place over several days, and others, including the Director, were aware of the interaction with the reporter. It was the type of exchange with the media that the Deputy Director oversees several times per week. In fact, it was the same type of work that I continued to do under Director Wray, at his request. The investigation subsequently focused on who I talked to, when I talked to them, and so forth. During these inquiries, I answered questions truthfully and as accurately as I could amidst the chaos that surrounded me. And when I thought my answers were misunderstood, I contacted investigators to correct them.

But looking at that in isolation completely misses the big picture. The big picture is a tale of what can happen when law enforcement is politicized, public servants are attacked, and people who are supposed to cherish and protect our institutions become instruments for damaging those institutions and people.

Here is the reality: I am being singled out and treated this way because of the role I played, the actions I took, and the events I witnessed in the aftermath of the firing of James Comey. The release of this report was accelerated only after my testimony to the House Intelligence Committee revealed that I would corroborate former Director Comey's accounts of his discussions with the President. The OIG's focus on me and this report became a part of an unprecedented effort by the Administration, driven by the President himself, to remove me from my position, destroy my reputation, and possibly strip me of a pension that I worked 21 years to earn. The accelerated release of the report, and the punitive actions taken in response, make sense only when viewed through this lens. Thursday's comments from the White House are just the latest example of this.

This attack on my credibility is one part of a larger effort not just to slander me personally, but to taint the FBI, law enforcement, and intelligence professionals more generally. It is part of this Administration's ongoing war on the FBI and the efforts of the Special Counsel investigation, which continue to this day. Their persistence in this campaign only highlights the importance of the Special Counsel's work.

I have always prided myself on serving my country with distinction and integrity, and I always encouraged those around me to do the same. Just ask them. To have my career end in this way, and to be accused of lacking candor when at worst I was distracted in the midst of chaotic events, is incredibly disappointing and unfair. But it will not erase the important work I was privileged to be a part of, the results of which will in the end be revealed for the country to see.

I have unfailing faith in the men and women of the FBI and I am confident that their efforts to seek justice will not be deterred.
To be honest, I can't believe we live in a world where people have to decide who is telling the truth - FBI officials who served their country for years or a guy who lies about something he said two minutes ago.

And the only reason to do this was to strip him of his pension. They went through this whole charade and rushed it through on a Friday afternoon just to strip a career public servant of his pension because he refuses to lie for the President.

Insanity.
Seems pretty damn sincere.
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

I have been an FBI Special Agent for over 21 years. I spent half of that time investigating Russian Organized Crime as a street agent and Supervisor in New York City. I have spent the second half of my career focusing on national security issues and protecting this country from terrorism. I served in some of the most challenging, demanding investigative and leadership roles in the FBI. And I was privileged to serve as Deputy Director during a particularly tough time.

For the last year and a half, my family and I have been the targets of an unrelenting assault on our reputation and my service to this country. Articles too numerous to count have leveled every sort of false, defamatory and degrading allegation against us. The President's tweets have amplified and exacerbated it all. He called for my firing. He called for me to be stripped of my pension after more than 20 years of service. And all along we have said nothing, never wanting to distract from the mission of the FBI by addressing the lies told and repeated about us.

No more.

The investigation by the Justice Department's Office of Inspector General (OIG) has to be understood in the context of the attacks on my credibility. The investigation flows from my attempt to explain the FBI's involvement and my supervision of investigations involving Hillary Clinton. I was being portrayed in the media over and over as a political partisan, accused of closing down investigations under political pressure. The FBI was portrayed as caving under that pressure, and making decisions for political rather than law enforcement purposes. Nothing was further from the truth. In fact, this entire investigation stems from my efforts, fully authorized under FBI rules, to set the record straight on behalf of the Bureau, and to make clear that we were continuing an investigation that people in DOJ opposed.

The OIG investigation has focused on information I chose to share with a reporter through my public affairs officer and a legal counselor. As Deputy Director, I was one of only a few people who had the authority to do that. It was not a secret, it took place over several days, and others, including the Director, were aware of the interaction with the reporter. It was the type of exchange with the media that the Deputy Director oversees several times per week. In fact, it was the same type of work that I continued to do under Director Wray, at his request. The investigation subsequently focused on who I talked to, when I talked to them, and so forth. During these inquiries, I answered questions truthfully and as accurately as I could amidst the chaos that surrounded me. And when I thought my answers were misunderstood, I contacted investigators to correct them.

But looking at that in isolation completely misses the big picture. The big picture is a tale of what can happen when law enforcement is politicized, public servants are attacked, and people who are supposed to cherish and protect our institutions become instruments for damaging those institutions and people.

Here is the reality: I am being singled out and treated this way because of the role I played, the actions I took, and the events I witnessed in the aftermath of the firing of James Comey. The release of this report was accelerated only after my testimony to the House Intelligence Committee revealed that I would corroborate former Director Comey's accounts of his discussions with the President. The OIG's focus on me and this report became a part of an unprecedented effort by the Administration, driven by the President himself, to remove me from my position, destroy my reputation, and possibly strip me of a pension that I worked 21 years to earn. The accelerated release of the report, and the punitive actions taken in response, make sense only when viewed through this lens. Thursday's comments from the White House are just the latest example of this.

This attack on my credibility is one part of a larger effort not just to slander me personally, but to taint the FBI, law enforcement, and intelligence professionals more generally. It is part of this Administration's ongoing war on the FBI and the efforts of the Special Counsel investigation, which continue to this day. Their persistence in this campaign only highlights the importance of the Special Counsel's work.

I have always prided myself on serving my country with distinction and integrity, and I always encouraged those around me to do the same. Just ask them. To have my career end in this way, and to be accused of lacking candor when at worst I was distracted in the midst of chaotic events, is incredibly disappointing and unfair. But it will not erase the important work I was privileged to be a part of, the results of which will in the end be revealed for the country to see.

I have unfailing faith in the men and women of the FBI and I am confident that their efforts to seek justice will not be deterred.
To be honest, I can't believe we live in a world where people have to decide who is telling the truth - FBI officials who served their country for years or a guy who lies about something he said two minutes ago.

And the only reason to do this was to strip him of his pension. They went through this whole charade and rushed it through on a Friday afternoon just to strip a career public servant of his pension because he refuses to lie for the President.

Insanity.
Putin is rolling on the floor with laughter because he knows that the FBI knows that it is Putin's voice coming out of Trump's mouth and he knows we can't do a fvcking thing about it. Checkmate KGB. Sometimes you just have to tip your hat to a better player. :notworthy:

$600 billion a year for defense and the CinC gets turned into a Russian sock puppet by an outfit with a fraction of the budget of their US counterparts..... :shock: Yeah baby...the best and the brightest
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

kalm wrote:

Insanity.
So the IG was targeting him unfairly?

You lie, you die. It has always been thus in law enforcement

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

CID1990 wrote:
kalm wrote:
So the IG was targeting him unfairly?

You lie, you die. It has always been thus in law enforcement

I wouldn't just assume that Deputy Director/Director of the FBI is unfair or a liar either, but here we are. Don't worry, I remain skeptical of them all including McCabe.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Re: RE: Re: MCabe Fired

Post by SeattleGriz »

CID1990 wrote:
Skjellyfetti wrote:
Sounds like it was rushed for some reason? Hmm.

The full report isn't finished, but should be released soon.

I was talking about the report Sessions was referencing here:
OIG reports are acted on all the time prior to public release. When gross violations have occurred they are almost always acted on immediately

It usually takes our post OIG reports up to 6 months to be published, but chiefs of mission and the department have seen them and acted on IG recommendations long before that

Seeing where McCabe and his attorney have had a month to refute a "light" version of the report and a week for the "heftier" version.

Find it interesting that McCabes attorney wrote an OpEd in the WaPo saying how he was all for the OIG last year when he was appointed.

Of course, that was back when the Dems asked for the OIG to investigate Comey over his handling of Hillary's emails.

Funny how McCabe and Comeys statements on the leaks McCabe is in trouble for differ.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
TheDancinMonarch
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Old Dominion

Post by TheDancinMonarch »

kalm wrote:
TheDancinMonarch wrote:You live by the sword. You die by the sword. It's just that simple.
Huh? What’s that simple?
Law enforcement is law enforcement. Politics is politics. When you mix them and your side loses the political battle, well, bad things may happen. It's just that simple.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

TheDancinMonarch wrote:
kalm wrote:
Huh? What’s that simple?
Law enforcement is law enforcement. Politics is politics. When you mix them and your side loses the political battle, well, bad things may happen. It's just that simple.
So McCabe started this by acting politically?
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

CID1990 wrote:

I wasn't saying it was peculiar - I was saying it would have been a good idea to make it public at the same time to give the public more context. This isn't similar to your post's OIG reports. It's the Deputy Director of the FBI.

It's a pretty big deal and in the public's interest to have information.

Sessions has "lacked candor" under oath as well - and many people just aren't going to take his word for it.

RELEASE THE MEMO!!
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

Skjellyfetti wrote:
CID1990 wrote:

I wasn't saying it was peculiar - I was saying it would have been a good idea to make it public at the same time to give the public more context. This isn't similar to your post's OIG reports. It's the Deputy Director of the FBI.

Sessions has "lacked candor" under oath as well - and many people just aren't going to take his word for it.

RELEASE THE MEMO!!
Hmmmmmm

OIG reports at DoJ most certainly are handled the same way they are handled at DoS or any other exec agency - they get seen by everybody in the building, acted on (or not, depending on the report), and then some time later the reports are released.

It has always been done that way - so administrations can say “see? We’re already doing something about it”

I’m waiting for you to refute the IG ... because that is the only way firing McCabe wasn’t justified.... if the IG was somehow in the tank for the Trump.
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

CID1990 wrote:
Skjellyfetti wrote:

RELEASE THE MEMO!!
Hmmmmmm

OIG reports at DoJ most certainly are handled the same way they are handled at DoS or any other exec agency - they get seen by everybody in the building, acted on (or not, depending on the report), and then some time later the reports are released.

It has always been done that way - so administrations can say “see? We’re already doing something about it”

I’m waiting for you to refute the IG ... because that is the only way firing McCabe wasn’t justified.... if the IG was somehow in the tank for the Trump.
He can't and he won't. McCabe should have been fired long ago, just glad this timing triggers folks. You go off the reservation and you don't deserve shit.

Looking forward to the IG report. :nod:
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

SDHornet wrote:
CID1990 wrote:
Hmmmmmm

He can't and he won't. McCabe should have been fired long ago, just glad this timing triggers folks. You go off the reservation and you don't deserve ****.

Looking forward to the IG report. :nod:
Republicans and FBI ruining each other is fvcking beautiful to behold. Lets hope that they finish each other off and pull the rest of the system down with them. This is better than Dallas beating LA by 50 points before their plane crashes on the flight home. :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

OPR, the equivalent to HR in most Fed agencies, did exactly what they always do in misconduct cases - at DoJ, DoS, hell, even the Dept of Agriculture

They received an adverse IG report and they recommended termination

but hey, we've got McCabe saying he "dint do nuffin"

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

CID1990 wrote:OPR, the equivalent to HR in most Fed agencies, did exactly what they always do in misconduct cases - at DoJ, DoS, hell, even the Dept of Agriculture

The cynicism couldn't possibly have anything to do with Trump, could it? He's just the victim of bad timing...over and over and over and over and over....

:lol:
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

kalm wrote:
CID1990 wrote:OPR, the equivalent to HR in most Fed agencies, did exactly what they always do in misconduct cases - at DoJ, DoS, hell, even the Dept of Agriculture

The cynicism couldn't possibly have anything to do with Trump, could it? He's just the victim of bad timing...over and over and over and over and over....

:lol:
I tend to avoid assigning processes that have existed for decades to Trump

Your mileage surely varies
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Re: RE: Re: MCabe Fired

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote:

Can't remember where I read it, but both sides are trying to make hay over something neither has any claim in. Apparently McCabe has other stuff that happened before any of this.

Of course my article could be wrong, but seemed reasonable enough.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz