Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Election 2020

Post by Ibanez »

:D I saw this article and it was too good not to share

https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/15/politics ... index.html

I pulled the image straight from the source code - my apologies if it doesn't work.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Election 2020

Post by Ibanez »

Actually - this could be a fun game. Who would win each bracket and go up against Trump?
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

Hollywood and Silicon Valley don't get automatic bids anymore?
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

Pwns wrote:Hollywood and Silicon Valley don't get automatic bids anymore?
No kidding, where's the Rock.
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

You might be confused there PMS...
Republicans nominate hollywood actors about 4-to-1 over Democrats

Donald Trump (Republican)
Al Franken (Democrat)
Alan Autry (Republican)
Arnold Schwarzenegger (Republican)
Ben Jones (Democrat)
Clint Eastwood (Republican, Libertarian)
Fred Grandy (Republican)
Fred Thompson (Republican)
George Murphy (Republican)
Helen Gahagan (Democrat)
Jack Kelly (Republican)
Jerry Springer (Democrat)
Jesse Ventura (formerly Reform; currently Independence Party of Minnesota)
John Davis Lodge (Republican)
Ronald Reagan (Republican)
Sheila Kuehl (Democrat)
Sonny Bono (Republican)
Stephen Peace (Democrat)
Wendell Corey (Republican)
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

I wouldn't seed Trump automatically in yet.

I have a feeling that one or more Old-school republicans will take a crack at him in the Primaries.
:thumb:
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

dbackjon wrote:I wouldn't seed Trump automatically in yet.

I have a feeling that one or more Old-school republicans will take a crack at him in the Primaries.
Romney could be a contender. Heck, his view on the Russians as it relates to foreign policy is becoming prophetic.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

GannonFan wrote:

Romney could be a contender. Heck, his view on the Russians as it relates to foreign policy is becoming prophetic.

I could see Romney running, especially if Russiagate heats up
:thumb:
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: 1995 Montana Griz
A.K.A.: Fuck Off
Location: America: and having my rights violated on a daily basis

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

Trump isnt a republican...........

ALPHAGRIZ1 - Now available in internet black

The flat earth society has members all around the globe
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

Chizzang wrote:

Al Franken (Democrat)
Alan Autry (Republican)
Ben Jones (Democrat)
Fred Grandy (Republican)
Helen Gahagan (Democrat)
Jack Kelly (Republican)
Sheila Kuehl (Democrat)
Sonny Bono (Republican)
Stephen Peace (Democrat)
I can't believe you compiled that entire list just for me. :lol:

I was commenting on the state of our politics and not the state of the Democrat party.
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

Pwns wrote:
Chizzang wrote:

Al Franken (Democrat)
Alan Autry (Republican)
Ben Jones (Democrat)
Fred Grandy (Republican)
Helen Gahagan (Democrat)
Jack Kelly (Republican)
Sheila Kuehl (Democrat)
Sonny Bono (Republican)
Stephen Peace (Democrat)
I can't believe you compiled that entire list just for me. :lol:

I was commenting on the state of our politics and not the state of the Democrat party.
You routinely berate the left and Hollywood
Without looking too deeply into who's actually electing Hollywood into office
(Hint: It's not the left)

Wikipedia
it took 30 seconds

:coffee:

I'm here to help
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

I wouldn’t bet on Trump finishing his term, either.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

Ivytalk wrote:

Well one will not have to worry about twitter diatribes with Pence at least. But those that hate Trump should be careful in wishing he was gone.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Politically, yeah. I think a Pence President with a Republican Congress would be a lot more effective at passing their agenda.

Would still rather see Trump gone, though. I think his presidency will do more long term damage beyond politics.
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

Skjellyfetti wrote:Politically, yeah. I think a Pence President with a Republican Congress would be a lot more effective at passing their agenda.

Would still rather see Trump gone, though. I think his presidency will do more long term damage beyond politics.
Thank you, SkJSO! :mrgreen:
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

Skjellyfetti wrote:Politically, yeah. I think a Pence President with a Republican Congress would be a lot more effective at passing their agenda.

I think Pence destroyed his credibility by associating himself with Trump. Also he's really bad about squinting his eyes and trying to look honest and sincere while he lies through his teeth. That also is associated with his effort accomodate Trump.

But I agree that Trump as President does more long term damage to both the country and to the conservative movement.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:Trump isnt a republican...........
I laughed at that one too. :lol:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Yeah, the damage is palpable. Stock market at record highs (over 60 record highs in 2017 alone)...401k’s up 18-30% in the past 12 months...real tax reform passed—I’m loving that extra $$ in my paycheck...bipartisan banking regulation reform passed (and it was BADLY needed)...got the ridiculous CFPB under control with a legitimate director...six straight quarters of increasing GDP...historically low unemployment...record high number of people employed—EVER...inflation remains under control right at 2%....Business confidence in the economy at an ALL TIME high...eliminated the ridiculous Obamacare mandate (yet ANOTHER tax on poor people)...got NK to the bargaining table, with a stated willingness to bargain away their nuclear missiles....virtually eliminated an mention of ISIS...border crossings have plummeted...highest African American employment numbers in years....got the Keystone pipeline back on track after his predecessor mysteriously refused to allow it...the list goes on and on....

But those damned tweets, right? :roll: :roll: :roll:
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Post by Col Hogan »

AZGrizFan wrote:

Yeah, the damage is palpable. Stock market at record highs (over 60 record highs in 2017 alone)...401k’s up 18-30% in the past 12 months...real tax reform passed—I’m loving that extra $$ in my paycheck...bipartisan banking regulation reform passed (and it was BADLY needed)...got the ridiculous CFPB under control with a legitimate director...six straight quarters of increasing GDP...historically low unemployment...record high number of people employed—EVER...inflation remains under control right at 2%....Business confidence in the economy at an ALL TIME high...eliminated the ridiculous Obamacare mandate (yet ANOTHER tax on poor people)...got NK to the bargaining table, with a stated willingness to bargain away their nuclear missiles....virtually eliminated an mention of ISIS...border crossings have plummeted...highest African American employment numbers in years....got the Keystone pipeline back on track after his predecessor mysteriously refused to allow it...the list goes on and on....

What‘s that saying...something about actions speaking louder than tweets...or something like that...
Last edited by Col Hogan on Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

AZGrizFan wrote:

I’ve yet to see a bump in my take home pay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Ibanez wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:

Mine happened first payday in February... :thumb:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Col Hogan wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:

What‘s that saying...something about actions speaking louder than tweets...or something like that...
That’s close...really close....can’t quite put my finger on it.... :coffee:
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Ibanez wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:

Stop taking the fag deduction and you’ll see it
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

CID1990 wrote:
Ibanez wrote:

Stop taking the fag deduction and you’ll see it
Stick to politics, Cid. Humor isn’t your forte.

houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

Ivytalk wrote:

I bet he keeps his pension though....while McCabe sells loose cigarettes in front of the Piggly wiggly store :lol:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky