CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

This could get ugly quick

Post by CID1990 »

I know the actual event is old news, but-

Listen to Boris Johnson’s language on the nerve agent attack - Russia has basically committed an act of war on a NATO country, employing chemical weapons. This is getting awfully close to a suggestion of an Article V declaration

The stuff is nasty- designed to deliver a prolonged death... and more than just that ex spy and his daughter may die

http://thehill.com/policy/international ... former-spy

I guarantee Russia is going to ramp up the buzzing ships and planes over this, in addition to PNG-ing UK diplomats... and somebody is going to get splashed

Looks like we might actually be calling the 1980s to get some o that good ol foreign policy dusted off and thrown back into circulation
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Re: This could get ugly quick

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Red Scare :ohno:

Russia has been doing this for decades. This is what Russia does. No big deal!!

Britain has used chemical weapons before!! Whataboutthem???
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

No one's going to war over this. Heck, the UK went out of their way to say that they're still going to send their soccer team to the World Cup this June so even if an Article V declaration is made it won't be serious enough to jeopardize England's chances in the World Cup. Russia got caught doing something very publicly that normally happens outside the public's eye. Boris Johnson is a bit of the UK's version of Trump - he's bombastic and tends to be all over the place politically. Listening too closely to the nuances of what he says is like hanging on every tweet Trump makes - it's dizzying and ultimately not worth the time.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

I'm not saying we're going to war over this -

Instead, we will ramp up the belligerence at the fringes .... a new cold war - including proxy wars (in the name of saving the children instead of stopping communism) - like Syria

And at some point, the right and left will settle back into their old comfy positions on Russia

We're getting ready to see just how hawkish the right is and just how dovish the left is

it will be like a hypocrite circus

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

I’m more concerned about a blowup with the Russkies in Syria. We shouldn’t be there anyway.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
CID1990
Level5
Level5

This could get ugly quick

Post by CID1990 »

Ivytalk wrote:I’m more concerned about a blowup with the Russkies in Syria. We shouldn’t be there anyway.
YA THINK?

Edit: Like John Kerry said.... Russia is delving into 19th century geopolitics.. and if they know what’s good for them, they would stop it. Right this instant, dadgummit!
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

CID1990 wrote:
Ivytalk wrote:I’m more concerned about a blowup with the Russkies in Syria. We shouldn’t be there anyway.
YA THINK?

Edit: Like John Kerry said.... Russia is delving into 19th century geopolitics.. and if they know what’s good for them, they would stop it. Right this instant, dadgummit!
OK, Mr. Pompeo, extricate us from this here mess.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

Ivytalk wrote:
CID1990 wrote:
YA THINK?

OK, Mr. Pompeo, extricate us from this here mess.
I’m better at not getting into them in the first place.

Maybe we can bring back Barack

(To extricate us)
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

CID1990 wrote:I'm not saying we're going to war over this -

Instead, we will ramp up the belligerence at the fringes .... a new cold war - including proxy wars (in the name of saving the children instead of stopping communism) - like Syria

And at some point, the right and left will settle back into their old comfy positions on Russia

We're getting ready to see just how hawkish the right is and just how dovish the left is

it will be like a hypocrite circus

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Putin is doing a masterful job of driving a wedge between us and our closest ally. Assassinate former agents on the street in England and then forbid Trump from commenting on the situation. If you don't like NATO you gotta love watching Putin go to work.
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky