Re: Breaking: Active Shooter Just Off National Mall in DC

Post by CID1990 »

houndawg wrote:
CID1990 wrote:
Talent? What talent?

Or as Dal would say, "What talent!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

:rofl:

:notworthy:

No wonder you're a big government pogue, Jon- you think there's talent in government. You could send 65% of the Federal administrative workforce home and nobody would notice, and those agencies would actually work more efficiently. Last time I checked, CAT was a public company, in the business of making money and minimizing costs. Government is the opposite of that.

And you know what? Fvck where government workers want to work. We've been doing that to the military for 200 years and they've been fine. You can do stuff in Fayetteville, NC and Twenty Nine Palms just like you can in DC. With less traffic and clean air.

What if I complained to you about living in Lagos or San Salvador? What would you say?
You volunteered?
Well if living outside of DC is considered noble volunteerism for Fed workers then we really are fvcked and I hope Trump and Co burn the place to the ground

Here's a question for you Houndawg... an honest one

What do you think the average DC staffer thinks of you and where you live? You are old school liberal as fvck but all they see is this:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

CID1990 wrote:
houndawg wrote:
You volunteered?
Well if living outside of DC is considered noble volunteerism for Fed workers then we really are fvcked and I hope Trump and Co burn the place to the ground

What do you think the average DC staffer thinks of you and where you live? You are old school liberal as fvck but all they see is this:

I don't disagree, and I'm sure they also see themselves as the best and the brightest. I don't care what they think... well, to be fair I do enjoy some schadenfreude thinking about how what they see when they look at rural folk shoved it up their ass last fall, much as I lament the result. I guess that for the upper crust the urban/rural divide is just as useful as the political or racial divide for keeping the peasants at each other and away from thinking about the way their pockets are being picked. And the truth is that there is a reason for the stereotype, sad to say

I haven't lived in an incorporated area for 30+ years and I like it that way. I'm going to have them plant me right here on the property when I croak.
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

The political counselor at a recent Embassy I worked at is from back woods Arkansas. He always would talk about how backwards it is, and all his backwards relatives

He's a career diplomat - deals with the elites, representational events, contacts, elbow rubbing, pushing cookies...

But when he talks about his retirement, it involves sitting on his porch in his cabin deep in the woods with a shotgun across his lap

I am exactly the same way - you have to live in hell to achieve Nirvana
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

houndawg wrote:
CID1990 wrote:

I don't disagree, and I'm sure they also see themselves as the best and the brightest. I don't care what they think... well, to be fair I do enjoy some schadenfreude thinking about how what they see when they look at rural folk shoved it up their ass last fall, much as I lament the result. I guess that for the upper crust the urban/rural divide is just as useful as the political or racial divide for keeping the peasants at each other and away from thinking about the way their pockets are being picked. And the truth is that there is a reason for the stereotype, sad to say

I haven't lived in an incorporated area for 30+ years and I like it that way. I'm going to have them plant me right here on the property when I croak.
Yup, right in the flatbed of your ‘94 Ford Ranger.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

CID1990 wrote:The political counselor at a recent Embassy I worked at is from back woods Arkansas. He always would talk about how backwards it is, and all his backwards relatives

He's a career diplomat - deals with the elites, representational events, contacts, elbow rubbing, pushing cookies...

But when he talks about his retirement, it involves sitting on his porch in his cabin deep in the woods with a shotgun across his lap

I am exactly the same way - you have to live in hell to achieve Nirvana

Being married to a perfesser meant having to rub shoulders with the local elites occasionally at academic functions. Most of them reinforced my suspicion that it really isn't that hard to get a phd.

Even with a thick veneer of ignorance, suspicion, and family values, I'd still rather live outside the village limits. Most of the people out there really would give you the shirt off of their back. I'd rather be the only liberal out in the country than crammed on to a street full of them in town.
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Ivytalk wrote:
houndawg wrote:

Yup, right in the flatbed of your ‘94 Ford Ranger.
'03 GMC 1/2 ton. :tothehand: