Political discussions
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Re: Breaking: Active Shooter Just Off National Mall in DC

Post by Ibanez »

CAA Flagship wrote:
Ibanez wrote: Ah...i missed the "per space".

:thumb:
Git yer shit together. :twisted:
i could use a nap
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Skjellyfetti wrote:I also think it makes sense to spread out the federal bureaucracy.

Where each agency should go would be a complicated process and would never get done. I think moving them to Murican shitholes like West Virginia and Detroit would be best. But, those places have less money that would be needed to get the agencies. They'd probably just end up going to states like Texas and California. But, if they could be moved to help reinvigorate cities or regions left behind - I'm all for it.
One man's shithole is another man's paradise. I would MUCH rather be in most of WV (mountain scenery, way lower cost of living & traffic, etc) than inside or close to the Beltway..
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

BDKJMU wrote:
Skjellyfetti wrote:I also think it makes sense to spread out the federal bureaucracy.

Where each agency should go would be a complicated process and would never get done. I think moving them to Murican shitholes like West Virginia and Detroit would be best. But, those places have less money that would be needed to get the agencies. They'd probably just end up going to states like Texas and California. But, if they could be moved to help reinvigorate cities or regions left behind - I'm all for it.
One man's shithole is another man's paradise. I would MUCH rather be in most of WV (mountain scenery, way lower cost of living & traffic, etc) than inside or close to the Beltway..
So would I - as long as I didn't have to worry about finding a job.

You'd probably rather live there than Philly, right? I'm sure there's a reason you don't. :coffee:
Last edited by Skjellyfetti on Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

dbackjon wrote:
CID1990 wrote:State is already spreading out. We have a huge operation in Charleston. Also Portsmouth NH and a consular center in KY. And doing this with agencies would not be hard... in fact it would be the easiest thing government has done in a long time. Does anyone doubt that congresscritters would be trampling their own grandmothers to get a federal agency based in their states? You betcha
If Robert Byrd had lived another 10 years, half of the Federal Government would be in West Virginia
That's true about Senator KKK..
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

Skjellyfetti wrote:
BDKJMU wrote: One man's shithole is another man's paradise. I would MUCH rather be in most of WV (mountain scenery, way lower cost of living & traffic, etc) than inside or close to the Beltway..
Most of WV is beautiful, but not a place I'd want to live. Maybe for you country boys it's not a far drop off, but coming from civilization, it's a huge wake up call.

93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

BDKJMU wrote:

That's why people commute to work in DC from near Richmond, West Virginia, and Delaware.

I make nearly triple in DC what I would make at Dover AFB. I use DC's combination of locality pay and grade inflation in GS position classifications to my advantage. Meanwhile, I live in a low-cost area a half-hour from the ocean.

The commute stinks, sure, but I'm retiring in ten years, so I'll suck it up until then. Telework helps.
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: DJ Honey BBQ

Post by Grizalltheway »

93henfan wrote:
BDKJMU wrote: One man's shithole is another man's paradise. I would MUCH rather be in most of WV (mountain scenery, way lower cost of living & traffic, etc) than inside or close to the Beltway..
That's why people commute to work in DC from near Richmond, West Virginia, and Delaware.

I make nearly triple in DC what I would make at Dover AFB. I use DC's combination of locality pay and grade inflation in GS position classifications to my advantage. Meanwhile, I live in a low-cost area a half-hour from the ocean.

The commute stinks, sure, but I'm retiring in ten years, so I'll suck it up until then. Telework helps.
If only the gubmint had some way of knowing you don't actually live in or near DC. Shucks. :lol:
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Grizalltheway wrote:
93henfan wrote:

If only the gubmint had some way of knowing you don't actually live in or near DC. Shucks. :lol:
They know where I live. They withhold Delaware taxes from my paycheck. It’s all legal/legit.

Hell, I knew of one person who lived in Florida, did 100% telework with the exception of flying to two staff meetings in DC each month, who got DC locality pay. I’m not sure how he worked his state tax (Florida has none).
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

93henfan wrote:
Grizalltheway wrote: If only the gubmint had some way of knowing you don't actually live in or near DC. Shucks. :lol:
They know where I live. They withhold Delaware taxes from my paycheck. It’s all legal/legit.

Hell, I knew of one person who lived in Florida, did 100% telework with the exception of flying to two staff meetings in DC each month, who got DC locality pay. I’m not sure how he worked his state tax (Florida has none).
As a sole Proprietor / Independent Contractor I charge whatever the fuck I want...
Fuck the man

:lol:

Oh and Donald Trump just gave me a 15% tax break for no reason what-so-ever
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

93henfan wrote:
Grizalltheway wrote: If only the gubmint had some way of knowing you don't actually live in or near DC. Shucks. :lol:

If I am forced back to DC I will either live around Harpers Ferry or Fredericksburg and take the train
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

89Hen wrote:
Skjellyfetti wrote:
Most of WV is beautiful, but not a place I'd want to live. Maybe for you country boys it's not a far drop off, but coming from civilization, it's a huge wake up call.

Not enough swamp and marsh there.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

CID1990 wrote:
93henfan wrote:

If I am forced back to DC I will either live around Harpers Ferry or Fredericksburg and take the train
Yeah, when Tillerson gives you that plum job.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

CID1990 wrote:
93henfan wrote:

Have you been to Fredericksburg recently? Harper’s Ferry is way better. Fredericksburg was still OK 25 years ago, but is an overdeveloped traffic hellhole now. My window on the area is 1994 to present (I’ve done three stints at Quantico) and Stafford and Spotsylvania Counties flipped from country to extended NOVA in that period.
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

93henfan wrote:
CID1990 wrote:
Have you been to Fredericksburg recently? Harper’s Ferry is way better. Fredericksburg was still OK 25 years ago, but is an overdeveloped traffic hellhole now. My window on the area is 1994 to present (I’ve done three stints at Quantico) and Stafford and Spotsylvania Counties flipped from country to extended NOVA in that period.
Yeah I agree - but I'm just talking cost of living. Plus, the farm is just across the NC line from Danville, VA so getting home on a weekend from Fredericksburg makes up for the snarl somewhat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

93henfan wrote:
CID1990 wrote:
Grew up in Fredericksburg (Spotsylvania Co). Family moved there from the Richmond area in 77’. I was pretty much moved out of my parents in 95’ or 96’, but my mom was still there until 2015 until she moved to Massanutten outside of Harrisonburg. Yeah, the growth in the Fredericksburg area has been incredible. Spotsylvania in 77’ had a population of around 17k with 1 HS. Now probably over 140k with the 5th high school, Massaponax, opening about a decade ago. Wouldn’t surprise me if they’re building a 6th now. In the late 70s-90s with the area schools, roads, services etc, it was always a case of build it after they come..They were always playing catchup due to piss poor planning & allowing the growth to occur faster than it could be handled. Fredericksburg is basically an extension of northern vis a vis sprawl, traffic & costs. To get away from that you have to go as far south as Caroline Co..
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

CID1990 wrote:
93henfan wrote:

If I am forced back to DC I will either live around... Fredericksburg
AKA, hell on Earth. People are so scared of it they can't drive more than 10 mph on 95 through there.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

89Hen wrote:
CID1990 wrote:
If I am forced back to DC I will either live around... Fredericksburg
AKA, hell on Earth. People are so scared of it they can't drive more than 10 mph on 95 through there.
Whatever you say, Mr. 270 Spur. :lol:
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

93henfan wrote:
89Hen wrote: AKA, hell on Earth. People are so scared of it they can't drive more than 10 mph on 95 through there.
Dude, not even close. 95 south is by FAR the worst in the area. Hell, 66 is way worse than 270.

I can make it to my siblings in Pinehurst, NC in just over 5 hours if there is no traffic. That said, my average trip is 6.5 and that's on a weekend middle of the day. Often over 7 hours. Is sucks harder than winterborn on a fat swine.
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

89Hen wrote:
93henfan wrote:
I can make it to my siblings in Pinehurst, NC in just over 5 hours if there is no traffic.
If there are no Chinese in China

no fleas on the dog

no JSO in a Trump thread

89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

CID1990 wrote:
89Hen wrote:
I can make it to my siblings in Pinehurst, NC in just over 5 hours if there is no traffic.

no fleas on the dog

no JSO in a Trump thread
It's been done. You just need to get up and leave at 5am on the weekend.
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

89Hen wrote:
CID1990 wrote:

no fleas on the dog

no JSO in a Trump thread
It's been done. You just need to get up and leave at 5am on the weekend.
When you say "just over 5 hours" you mean 6.5 hours?

Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

89Hen wrote:
93henfan wrote:
Dude, not even close. 95 south is by FAR the worst in the area. Hell, 66 is way worse than 270.

I can make it to my siblings in Pinehurst, NC in just over 5 hours if there is no traffic. That said, my average trip is 6.5 and that's on a weekend middle of the day. Often over 7 hours. Is sucks harder than winterborn on a fat swine.
Rabi says to stay away from swine. Not kosher.......
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

CID1990 wrote:
89Hen wrote: It's been done. You just need to get up and leave at 5am on the weekend.
When you say "just over 5 hours" you mean 6.5 hours?
I mean like the Who song... 5:15
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

CID1990 wrote:
dbackjon wrote:
Didn't say it wouldn't work. Even mentioned some possible agencies to move. But also have to keep in mind where talent want to live - and increasingly, it is in cities/large metro areas. It's why Caterpillar is moving to the Chicago area from Peoria - even a 100K city is too small for a lot of people.
Talent? What talent?

Or as Dal would say, "What talent!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

:rofl:

:notworthy:

No wonder you're a big government pogue, Jon- you think there's talent in government. You could send 65% of the Federal administrative workforce home and nobody would notice, and those agencies would actually work more efficiently. Last time I checked, CAT was a public company, in the business of making money and minimizing costs. Government is the opposite of that.

And you know what? Fvck where government workers want to work. We've been doing that to the military for 200 years and they've been fine. You can do stuff in Fayetteville, NC and Twenty Nine Palms just like you can in DC. With less traffic and clean air.

What if I complained to you about living in Lagos or San Salvador? What would you say?
You volunteered?
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

andy7171 wrote:
Ibanez wrote: That's more about load distribution. You can't have all the waterheads in the back. :coffee:
Waterheads is a G8 term ya homopussyfaggott!
It was a Hunter S Thompson term
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky