Do You Like the 2nd Amendment, or Not?

Political discussions
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Re: Do You Like the 2nd Amendment, or Not?

Post by houndawg »

Gil Dobie wrote:
houndawg wrote:
If they want your gun they'll take your gun and there is nothing you can do to prevent it. Its a noble sentiment to want to keep the government in line with the threat of force and a long time ago was probably possible to accomplish - but the word "guns" must create a false equivalency in what passes for the minds of the Cliven Bundy types that dwell here in our fair land. Looks good on paper and certainly the founders were prescient, but It will never work. Because their guns ain't like our guns.
Some major events need to come to pass before the government starts tracking down and taking guns. Won't happen in our lifetimes.
I don't think it will happen at all. The government isn't afraid of your deer rifle, and I don't think it's possible to collect 300,000,000 of anything even if you put every cop in the nation on the job.
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

houndawg wrote:
CID1990 wrote:
Which only proves them more prescient over the 2A, as time goes on
If they want your gun they'll take your gun and there is nothing you can do to prevent it. Its a noble sentiment to want to keep the government in line with the threat of force and a long time ago was probably possible to accomplish - but the word "guns" must create a false equivalency in what passes for the minds of the Cliven Bundy types that dwell here in our fair land. Looks good on paper and certainly the founders were prescient, but It will never work. Because their guns ain't like our guns.
I guess the little peasants of Viet Nam & Afghanistan didn't think the same way you do. :dunce: :dunce:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

AZGrizFan wrote:
houndawg wrote:
I guess the little peasants of Viet Nam & Afghanistan didn't think the same way you do. :dunce: :dunce:
They had bigger weapons. Mortars, rockets....
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

houndawg wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
Bigger weapons than whom? :coffee:
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
andy7171
Firefly
Firefly
I am a fan of: Wiping.
A.K.A.: HE HATE ME

Post by andy7171 »

I'm too lazy. Did Spandos ever make a false flag proclamation about the latest Florida shooter? Because the douche bags cell phone video pretty much destroys it.

phpBB [video]
"Elaine, you're from Baltimore, right?"
"Yes, well, Towson actually."
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

AZGrizFan wrote:
houndawg wrote:
The fruitbats out in the desert like the Bundys.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

houndawg wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
I wouldn't be so sure about that. :coffee:

One of the few things that keeps this government at bay is 300,000,000 guns.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

AZGrizFan wrote:
houndawg wrote:
I wouldn't be so sure about that. :coffee:

One of the few things that keeps this government at bay is 300,000,000 guns.
Yeah, the way them Texans put a stop to Jade Helm was impressive. :coffee: