CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Re: Breaking: Active Shooter HS Broward Co, FL

Post by CID1990 »

Skjellyfetti wrote:
Not the most normal sight: a gun left in the bathroom stall.

But that's exactly what went down on Sunday in a men's room at the Deerfield Beach Pier.

The circumstances of how the Glock 9mm got there are unusual.

According to the Broward Sheriff's Office, the weapon was left by Sean Simpson. If his name sounds familiar, he's the teacher at Marjory Stoneman Douglas who said he'd be willing to arm himself while on duty.

According to the sheriff's office report, Simpson told deputies he'd left his gun by accident. By the time the chemistry teacher realized his mistake, the Glock was already in the hands of a drunk homeless man who had picked it up and fired. The bullet hit a wall.

Simpson was able to grab the gun away from the vagrant, Joseph Spataro, who was charged with firing a weapon while intoxicated and trespassing.

As for the MSD teacher, he was arrested and charged with failing to safely store a firearm, a second-degree misdemeanor. Simpson posted a $250 cash bond and was released.

Local 10 reached out to the educator who would not comment but did say carrying a weapon around did not violate school board rules. He continues to be employed and no disciplinary action is expected to be taken, added the station.

On Tuesday, the Broward School Board unanimously rejected the state's new program to arm school staff, part of a new law the Florida Legislature passed after the Feb. 14 Marjory Stoneman Douglas High school shootings that left 17 students and educators dead.
http://www.miamiherald.com/news/article208653029.html
So

What this article demonstrates clearly (and nothing else)

Is that a law against discharging a firearm did nothing to prevent a firearm from being discharged

And a law against leaving firearms unsecured did nothing to prevent a firearm from being secured

That about right?
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

So

We shouldn't have laws against discharging a firearm in public or leaving firearms unsecured in public?

That about right?
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: 1995 Montana Griz
A.K.A.: Fuck Off
Location: America: and having my rights violated on a daily basis

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

Skjellyfetti wrote:So

We shouldn't have laws against discharging a firearm in public or leaving firearms unsecured in public?

That about right?

No we shouldnt have those laws, dont be stupid. :dunce:

ALPHAGRIZ1 - Now available in internet black

The flat earth society has members all around the globe
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

What Florida should have is a law restricting people to 10 round magazines. :nod:

Wait, what’s that you say? Cruz was able to hit 34 people with 10-rounders only?

Five round magazines! Florida should have a law restricting people to 5-rounders!

You heard it here first.
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Post by Col Hogan »

Can someone explain to me why, when I type The name spelled C-R-U-Z it comes out as Boobs both in preview and the post?
“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Col Hogan wrote:Can someone explain to me why, when I type The name spelled C-R-U-Z it comes out as Boobs both in preview and the post?
I wondered why there were so many instances of C r u z being called Boobs but that is fvcking awesome!
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

It says Cruz in my post, no?

Cruz, cruz, CRUZ!!!!
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

Skjellyfetti wrote:So

That about right?
No, we shouldn't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

kalm wrote:
CID1990 wrote:
What would we do without you as our arbiter of points

Struggle even more.
:lol:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Col Hogan wrote:Image
Getting all butthurt because the kids called him on the shithole being left for them by his crowd. :ohno:

Chizz is right, this kid is a natural and he makes it look as easy as DiMaggio made playing center field look... :notworthy:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

CID1990 wrote:
kalm wrote:
What's funny about the "deplorables" line is she said half of Trump supporters which means about 30 million voters or 10% of this country's population. It was probably a pretty damn accurate statement but yes, it didn't help her cause.

Conks...gotta walk on eggshells around those folks. :lol:
So you are right in line with the Dems who can't understand why that hurt her so badly, in spite of it only applying to 10% of the country (who werent voting for her anyway) - it isnt the hard right you have to be careful with

she didnt piss off independents and get them to vote for Trump - she pissed off independents who might have voted for her and got them to stay home

and with Clinton, every thinking person who doesn't vote for HER is deplorable - thats the vibe she gives off... thats unless you are in full on lockstep with her, then shes talking about YOU

and the left still doesn't get it -

The left gets it just fine. They're the ones who stayed home after the DNC rigged their primary. :coffee:
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

93henfan wrote:What Florida should have is a law restricting people to 10 round magazines. :nod:

Wait, what’s that you say? Boobs was able to hit 34 people with 10-rounders only?

Five round magazines! Florida should have a law restricting people to 5-rounders!

You heard it here first.

It almost like you're getting smarter! :thumb:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

houndawg wrote:
CID1990 wrote:
So you are right in line with the Dems who can't understand why that hurt her so badly, in spite of it only applying to 10% of the country (who werent voting for her anyway) - it isnt the hard right you have to be careful with

she didnt piss off independents and get them to vote for Trump - she pissed off independents who might have voted for her and got them to stay home

and with Clinton, every thinking person who doesn't vote for HER is deplorable - thats the vibe she gives off... thats unless you are in full on lockstep with her, then shes talking about YOU

and the left still doesn't get it -

The left gets it just fine. They're the ones who stayed home after the DNC rigged their primary. :coffee:
I've heard several right wing pundits lately delineate between "liberals" and the "left" with the left being the illiberal SJW, feminist, nanny state types. It's like they're beginning to recognize the danger of applying labels as pejoratives (see neo-liberal..."hey wait a minute...they're talking about us! :lol: ) and the recognition of what liberal actually means.

I'm quite proud of them! :clap:
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

kalm wrote:
houndawg wrote:

I've heard several right wing pundits lately delineate between "liberals" and the "left" with the left being the illiberal SJW, feminist, nanny state types. It's like they're beginning to recognize the danger of applying labels as pejoratives (see neo-liberal..."hey wait a minute...they're talking about us! :lol: ) and the recognition of what liberal actually means.

Classical liberals are fairly evenly distributed under both tents - and they largely abhor the illiberal SJW camp

glad to see your acknowledgement that the "left" has gotten "leftier"

kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

CID1990 wrote:
kalm wrote:

Classical liberals are fairly evenly distributed under both tents - and they largely abhor the illiberal SJW camp

glad to see your acknowledgement that the "left" has gotten "leftier"

I agree and thanks!
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

“...Police say 11-year-old Jonathan Benko was taking part in Parkland Middle School's organized walkout when he and a group of students left the designated walkout area. Police say around 10:30 Friday morning, the group crossed Loop 375 then attempted to cross it again. Benko was the last in the group to cross and was struck by a Ford F150.

Benko sustained serious injuries and was taken to UMC where he died....”
http://www.kvia.com/news/el-paso/umc-an ... /732734213
WTF are schools having (or allowing) organized walkouts to make political protest for middle school students as young as 11.. :suspicious: 11 year olds for the most part are too young to even understand politics..

The school should have their asses sued off, and whoever allowed the walkout (the principle?) should be fired pronto..
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

BDKJMU wrote:“...Police say 11-year-old Jonathan Benko was taking part in Parkland Middle School's organized walkout when he and a group of students left the designated walkout area. Police say around 10:30 Friday morning, the group crossed Loop 375 then attempted to cross it again. Benko was the last in the group to cross and was struck by a Ford F150.

Benko sustained serious injuries and was taken to UMC where he died....”
http://www.kvia.com/news/el-paso/umc-an ... /732734213
WTF are schools having (or allowing) organized walkouts to make political protest for middle school students as young as 11.. :suspicious: 11 year olds for the most part are too young to even understand politics..

The school should have their asses sued off, and whoever allowed the walkout (the principle?) should be fired pronto..
Principal. He should be fired on principle.

De nada.