Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Re: Breaking: Active Shooter HS Broward Co, FL

Post by Gil Dobie »

Ibanez wrote:
CID1990 wrote:
Police have enough bullshite to deal with than trying to remember whos packing at any of the several schools in their area

If you dont work with them every day you arent going to remember them and you sure as hell arent going to run around an active shooter scene with an ipad

its too much responsibility and liability to put on two professions that are already top loaded with liability

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Exactly. And you think they’re going to have flash cards handy at each school?

If you are thinking active shooter training and every possible cert a policeman can get,then we are not talking about the same thing. I'm talking a few very qualified individuals, 1-3 individuals, that go thru and get a police training cert for being able to carry in a school. Not go thru all the training that police go thru, otherwise just bring the police into the school. Keep in touch with police while they are certified at that school, maybe a weekly meeting with the police dept they are being advised by. These people would be on site if all else fails, metal detection, security camera's, etc. After all these conversations, I'm more leaning towards more police presence, but that's what happens when you talk stuff thru.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Gil Dobie wrote:
Ibanez wrote: Exactly. And you think they’re going to have flash cards handy at each school?

If you are thinking active shooter training and every possible cert a policeman can get,then we are not talking about the same thing. I'm talking a few very qualified individuals, 1-3 individuals, that go thru and get a police training cert for being able to carry in a school. Not go thru all the training that police go thru, otherwise just bring the police into the school. Keep in touch with police while they are certified at that school, maybe a weekly meeting with the police dept they are being advised by. These people would be on site if all else fails, metal detection, security camera's, etc. After all these conversations, I'm more leaning towards more police presence, but that's what happens when you talk stuff thru.
I get it - kinda like Air Marshals. There aren't that many of them, and the odds of one being on your flight are probably relatively small, but they could be there and they could act as a deterrent to someone planning something. I'm fine with that approach, and certainly as an alternative to arm everyone approach.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

Gil Dobie wrote:
Ibanez wrote: Exactly. And you think they’re going to have flash cards handy at each school?

Of course I'm thinking active shooter. I'm assuming you want teachers to be trained to handle a gun and carry. But the folly is expecting police to show up on campus during an incident and know which teachers are carrying. It's not logical.

Also - we see teachers get assaulted all the time by students. What's to stop a teach from losing their mind and threatening kids with a gun. Or worst - a bad student stealing the gun and using it to commit a crime.

It's simply a bad idea.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

Ibanez wrote:
Gil Dobie wrote:
Of course I'm thinking active shooter. I'm assuming you want teachers to be trained to handle a gun and carry. But the folly is expecting police to show up on campus during an incident and know which teachers are carrying. It's not logical.

Also - we see teachers get assaulted all the time by students. What's to stop a teach from losing their mind and threatening kids with a gun. Or worst - a bad student stealing the gun and using it to commit a crime.

It's simply a bad idea.
Do you recognize 1-3 people you meet with weekly?

Sure there are lots of hole you can find in any system with human involvement. Even SEAL teams and S.W.A.T. team members shoot the wrong person by accident, not to mention cops, but a lot more lives are saved. Would you like to see a teacher with a gun stop a shooter after 3 deaths, or kill 17 with no resistance? What if there was a Sky Marshal on one of the 9/11 planes.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

Gil Dobie wrote:
Ibanez wrote:

It's simply a bad idea.

Sure there are lots of hole you can find in any system with human involvement. Even SEAL teams and S.W.A.T. team members shoot the wrong person by accident, not to mention cops, but a lot more lives are saved. Would you like to see a teacher with a gun stop a shooter after 3 deaths, or kill 17 with no resistance? What if there was a Sky Marshal on one of the 9/11 planes.
Well Gil, nobody is going to say they rather see 17 kids murdered. :roll: I still think you're asking too much of police. I mean - increased police presence is a good thing. But having to stop and talk and see the 3 armed teachers, once a week, in addition to their job is a tall order. :twocents:
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

Ibanez wrote:
Gil Dobie wrote:

Well Gil, nobody is going to say they rather see 17 kids murdered. :roll: I still think you're asking too much of police. I mean - increased police presence is a good thing. But having to stop and talk and see the 3 armed teachers, once a week, in addition to their job is a tall order. :twocents:
I'm saying the teachers go to the police station, as they may be getting paid extra, just like sports coaches and activity advisors.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

Gil Dobie wrote:
Ibanez wrote:
I'm saying the teachers go to the police station, as they may be getting paid extra, just like sports coaches and activity advisors.
Well that makes zero sense.
Wouldn't it be better if the police that have the school on their beat be the ones interfacing with armed teachers? What good is it if some desk jockey downtown see's them?
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

Ibanez wrote:
Gil Dobie wrote:
Well that makes zero sense.
Wouldn't it be better if the police that have the school on their beat be the ones interfacing with armed teachers? What good is it if some desk jockey downtown see's them?
It wouldn't make sense to just to see some desk jockey, and it's not a bad idea for the police to be familiar with the school and where the armed teachers are located.

I said in a previous post that they would meet with the department, not the downtown desk jockey. This would allow them to be on a personal basis with the officers that would show up for a shooting situation.
expandspanos
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: School of Hard Knocks

Post by expandspanos »

phpBB [video]

So, watch these people's reactions - For context, this was a girl who allegedly was shot three times, mostly in the abdomen and ribs, yet she appears to be walking just fine weeks after "Will make full recovery" and other people who have abdominal surgery are in hospital beds for months?

What exactly is so funny regarding this interview?

phpBB [video]

@ 2:55 in this video above.. we have the girl who "held up a book" that stopped the gunfire (really, people are believing this stuff)

The girl above was supposedly shot in the shoulder.. while in "Holocaust Class" (I wasn't aware "Holocaust Class was a subject in American High Schools now?) Samanthadoesn't want to show her supposed injury (should still be bandaged, but whose paying attention anyway?) on her shoulder..

Anyway, good thing this girl picked up a book, that stopped the bullets. They should issue these "books" in all schools, so kids can use them as shields. I thought AR-15 rounds had more power than that, but I am learning new stuff every day.
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: 1995 Montana Griz
A.K.A.: Fuck Off
Location: America: and having my rights violated on a daily basis

Re: RE: Re: Breaking: Active Shooter HS Broward Co, FL

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

houndawg wrote:
ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:
You are a clueless hack that has no idea what you are talking about. You know **** about guns, less about training and or police. Why dont you just keep to what you know, trolling, animal husbandry and cross dressing........ :coffee:
Good grief, son, it wasn't me that said you had a small penis - and she actually only said that it was small compared to mine, which applies to everybody else too ..... :ohno:
Step away from the mirror.......

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

ALPHAGRIZ1 - Now available in internet black

The flat earth society has members all around the globe
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Gil Dobie wrote:
CID1990 wrote:
It sure doesn't sound like you are

If you were, you'd know that you'd be adding a significant training regime to a profession that already has its own burdensome certifications

You'd also know that active shooter training involves much more than just being trained and certified to use a gun.

My family member was crazed in the head during an active shooting event, but the shooter wasn't so lucky.
Well what other scenarios could we possibly be preparing armed teachers for, if not active shooter?

Bank robbery?

Again, being certified to use a gun is a very small part of what someone would need to have in their toolbox to be able to confront an active shooter in a school

you really arent thinking this through at all - especially since there are obvious, better alternatives

"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

Gil Dobie wrote:
houndawg wrote:
...probably why you come up with these half-witted ideas.
Lots of hot air, where are your idea's.
....improper used of apostrophe. Should have listened to that teacher. :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Gil Dobie wrote:
Ibanez wrote:

It's simply a bad idea.

Your problem is that assume this will be a given. It won't.
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

CID1990 wrote:
Gil Dobie wrote:

My family member was crazed in the head during an active shooting event, but the shooter wasn't so lucky.
Well what other scenarios could we possibly be preparing armed teachers for, if not active shooter?

Bank robbery?

Again, being certified to use a gun is a very small part of what someone would need to have in their toolbox to be able to confront an active shooter in a school

you really arent thinking this through at all - especially since there are obvious, better alternatives

Oh, I'm thinking it thru, just not on the same page. We are still apples vs oranges. Someone that is trained more than basic use of a gun, which is basic common sense, but is trained by the police and follows that training protocol if possible. Of course there are better alternatives, and I'm not posting this to give a training dossier, just an opinion on what if a couple teachers carried. Small rural schools and big city schools have different levels of funding available. Everyone can't have THEE perfect alternative.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

houndawg wrote:
Gil Dobie wrote:
Lots of hot air, where are your idea's.
....improper used of apostrophe. Should have listened to that teacher. :coffee:
Man, that was over 40 years ago. It's tough enough remembering what I learned 10 minutes ago.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

houndawg wrote:
Gil Dobie wrote:

No I don't assume that, it's more possible if the shooter walked into the room with an armed teacher, that the teacher would have a chance to end the shooting, vs no chance. Teacher will not be or act like a SWAT team member. They will be an initial line of defense, and I wouldn't see the teacher's role as going down the halls of the school in S.W.A.T. mode. The other initial line of defense would be signs that said, "Our Teachers May Carry Firearms", vs "This is a Gun Free Zone".
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Gil Dobie wrote:
houndawg wrote:
No I don't assume that, it's more possible if the shooter walked into the room with an armed teacher, that the teacher would have a chance to end the shooting, vs no chance. Teacher will not be or act like a SWAT team member. They will be an initial line of defense, and I wouldn't see the teacher's role as going down the halls of the school in S.W.A.T. mode. The other initial line of defense would be signs that said, "Our Teachers May Carry Firearms", vs "This is a Gun Free Zone".
Mar-a-Lago and the NRA conventions are both gun-free zones. Nobody has been shot at either. :coffee:
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

houndawg wrote:
Gil Dobie wrote:
Mar-a-Lago and the NRA conventions are both gun-free zones. Nobody has been shot at either. :coffee:
Both likely with armed security. :coffee:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

houndawg wrote:
Gil Dobie wrote:
:dunce:
Every NRA convention has dozens of armed security...
https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/2 ... /25381981/

Mar a Lago is crawling with the Secret Service & local & state PD when Trump is there.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Post by Col Hogan »

houndawg wrote:
Gil Dobie wrote:
The general convention floor of the NRA convention is not a gun-free zone. Legal carriers are free to move around and do just that...

One example: https://www.snopes.com/politics/guns/nraban.asp

The room where speakers do their thing have been declared gun-free by the Secret Service due to the attendance of certain people...the NRA never did that...
“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Col Hogan wrote:
houndawg wrote:
The general convention floor of the NRA convention is not a gun-free zone. Legal carriers are free to move around and do just that...

The room where speakers do their thing have been declared gun-free by the Secret Service due to the attendance of certain people...the NRA never did that...
Yeah that didn't pass the smell test but I was too lazy to look it up

"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Col Hogan wrote:
houndawg wrote:

cool - still hope for somebody with a good sense of humor and a pack of firecrackers.. :thumb:
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

One of the interesting things about living in a tiny state is that legislation moves fast.

One of the dangerous things is that we are deep blue, with the good people of Slower Delaware (red) outnumbered more than 2 to 1 by upstate slime. We’re a microcosm of where the country is headed: elitist liberals and their beholden entitlement class clustered heavily in a small pocket who dictate the liberties of the good folks in the country.

Anyway, the gun blitz is on!

HB 300 to ban bump stocks is well on its way. I don’t have serious heartburn with it, other than there is no provision to monetarily compensate me for my losses from it. If you’re going to make certain property ownership an instant felony, I need to be justly compensated.

HB 302 allows the state to disarm an expanded population of people suspected of mental illness rather than those actually diagnosed. It also prohibits releasing a rehabilitated person to outpatient care if they could have access to guns. A child couldn’t be returned to their parents’ home, for instance, if the parent owned a gun or ammunition, even if it’s locked in a Fort Knox-level vault in the home.

HB 330 was introduced last week to require 18-20 year olds to obtain parental permission to purchase a firearm. Lololol.
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

http://www.bendbulletin.com/localstate/ ... n-purchase

Well, that didn't take long. Hope the corporate virtue-signaling was worth it.
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

93henfan wrote:One of the interesting things about living in a tiny state is that legislation moves fast.

One of the dangerous things is that we are deep blue, with the good people of Slower Delaware (red) outnumbered more than 2 to 1 by upstate slime. We’re a microcosm of where the country is headed: elitist liberals and their beholden entitlement class clustered heavily in a small pocket who dictate the liberties of the good folks in the country.

Anyway, the gun blitz is on!

HB 300 to ban bump stocks is well on its way. I don’t have serious heartburn with it, other than there is no provision to monetarily compensate me for my losses from it. If you’re going to make certain property ownership an instant felony, I need to be justly compensated.

HB 302 allows the state to disarm an expanded population of people suspected of mental illness rather than those actually diagnosed. It also prohibits releasing a rehabilitated person to outpatient care if they could have access to guns. A child couldn’t be returned to their parents’ home, for instance, if the parent owned a gun or ammunition, even if it’s locked in a Fort Knox-level vault in the home.

HB 330 was introduced last week to require 18-20 year olds to obtain parental permission to purchase a firearm. Lololol.

Delaware would fit on my property. :roll: