ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: 1995 Montana Griz
A.K.A.: Fuck Off
Location: America: and having my rights violated on a daily basis

Re: Breaking: Active Shooter HS Broward Co, FL

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

The left and gun grabbers need to figure out how to stop the 9 or 10 nutbags a year and leave the 180 million gun owners alone.

This is on you not gun owners. We will not bow to the minority. Saving 30 to 100 people a year is hardly even worth our time anyway.

ALPHAGRIZ1 - Now available in internet black

The flat earth society has members all around the globe
expandspanos
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: School of Hard Knocks

Post by expandspanos »

I've got to buy one of these laptops!

Screen works after being pierced 3 times (Screens don't work after being pierced one time) and the bullet holes in the screen are too big for and AR-15, yet lead you to a different dimension, where the colors behind the computer aren't the color of the items behind the laptop! This is one amazing laptop! I want one! :rofl:
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
expandspanos
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: School of Hard Knocks

Post by expandspanos »

phpBB [video]
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

kalm wrote:
Col Hogan wrote:
#2 - Again, not in any order or priority...just as I can post them

https://www.cga.ct.gov/2013/rpt/2013-R-0119.htm
Schools in this area are already hiring extra SRO’s. I think that helps but to place one full time at every school and utilize checkpoints or metal detectors would be a massive expense that most people aren’t prepared to pay for. Christ, teachers are shelling out money out of pocket fro neccessary supplies as it is.
For every overpaid vice principal or local school admistrator you could hire a couple of trained, armed security guards..
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:The left and gun grabbers need to figure out how to stop the 9 or 10 nutbags a year and leave the 180 million gun owners alone.

This is on you not gun owners. We will not bow to the minority. Saving 30 to 100 people a year is hardly even worth our time anyway.
This is cold and callous....

...but absolutely correct.
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote:
kalm wrote:
Schools in this area are already hiring extra SRO’s. I think that helps but to place one full time at every school and utilize checkpoints or metal detectors would be a massive expense that most people aren’t prepared to pay for. Christ, teachers are shelling out money out of pocket fro neccessary supplies as it is.
For every overpaid vice principal or local school admistrator you could hire a couple of trained, armed security guards..
So let's replace admistrators with security guards?
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Re: RE: Re: Breaking: Active Shooter HS Broward Co, FL

Post by SeattleGriz »

Pwns wrote:Most of the time you don't get online manifestos or youtube videos or angry diaries from these guys and if you do it's usually too late to do something.

I have zero confidence in psychiatric science to identify who is dangerous. It's not like testing for an STD or doing a biopsy for a tumor. You're either going to have a lot of harmless people on the no-gun-buy list and just worsen the stigma for mental illness or you're only going to stop the most obvious cases.

As for putting a stop to media attention, that's pointless. Even if the TV networks don't talk about the shooter, their social media content and blog posts and other forms of internet presence are going to go viral.

A big problem with these shooters is that they're not idiots and usually on the smarter side and they'll find ways to circumvent reasonable systems.
Zero confidence in psychiatric science - I'm with you there. A little bit of a segue here, but did read an interesting article talking about how a psychiatrist who's job was to determine "killers" from brain anatomy and genes realized he fit the mold perfectly. When he started to think about it, he came to the conclusion he was missing the nurture factor in his equation.

Fatherless homes and/or destructive homes obviously aren't helping either.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

Chizzang wrote:
89Hen wrote:Holy shit are you guys getting easier to trigger these days.
ah yes..
We're all being trolled

:lol:
Um, no asshat. I said triggered. There is a difference, but please continue. :roll:
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

89Hen wrote:
Chizzang wrote: ah yes..
We're all being trolled

:lol:
Um, no asshat. I said triggered. There is a difference, but please continue. :roll:
One can be Trolled into Triggering...

:nod:
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote:
BDKJMU wrote:
Hell yes. Vast majority of administrators are a waste of space.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

AZGrizFan wrote:
kalm wrote:
Spoken like only an administrator... could...
Never mind

8-)
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote:
kalm wrote:
Yeah! Cheney School District with a $58 million budget, a dozen facilities, 100’s of employees, and serving 5,000 kids could practically run itself!
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
Yeah! Cheney School District a $58 million budget with a dozen facilities and serving 5,000 kids could practically run itself!
How many superintendents does the district have?

So if you dont’ fire someone, how about make it a $59 million budget and hire 12 armed security guards. There’s lots of vets looking for jobs. It’s a win/win.

Imagine if Florida legislators had voted to spend $30 million to secure their schools instead of $30 million to tear one down and rebuild it after a school shooting.
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

AZGrizFan wrote:
kalm wrote:
Yeah! Cheney School District a $58 million budget with a dozen facilities and serving 5,000 kids could practically run itself!

So if you dont’ fire someone, how about make it a $59 million budget and hire 12 armed security guards. There’s lots of vets looking for jobs. It’s a win/win.

Imagine if Florida legislators had voted to spend $30 million to secure their schools instead of $30 million to tear one down and rebuild it after a school shooting.
$30M seems awfully low for building a high school - we built one locally here back in 2005 and the total price tag was $125M - it did have a pool (only building in the district with a pool) but that only added $10M-$20M total.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

GannonFan wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:

$30M seems awfully low for building a high school - we built one locally here back in 2005 and the total price tag was $125M - it did have a pool (only building in the district with a pool) but that only added $10M-$20M total.
They’re only tearing down the one building the shooting occurred in. Not the whole school.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

AZGrizFan wrote:
GannonFan wrote:
They’re only tearing down the one building the shooting occurred in. Not the whole school.
Gotcha. Forgot that Florida has those open campuses and multiple buildings in some cases.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote:
kalm wrote:

That’s my point. Cheney was already hiring an extra SRO because of the Freeman HS shooting last year. Wouldn’t be surprised to see them add more. This costs money but I’m glad to see you’re willing to spend more in this instance.
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

expandspanos wrote:Image

I've got to buy one of these laptops!

Screen works after being pierced 3 times (Screens don't work after being pierced one time) and the bullet holes in the screen are too big for and AR-15, yet lead you to a different dimension, where the colors behind the computer aren't the color of the items behind the laptop! This is one amazing laptop! I want one! :rofl:

:?

Er, you do realize those aren't bullet holes don't you, Spankinit?
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Post by Col Hogan »

kalm wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:

That’s my point. Cheney was already hiring an extra SRO because of the Freeman HS shooting last year. Wouldn’t be surprised to see them add more. This costs money but I’m glad to see you’re willing to spend more in this instance.
Are the SROs hired out of the school budget or the police budget???
“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

kalm wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
Yeah! Cheney School District with a $58 million budget, a dozen facilities, 100’s of employees, and serving 5,000 kids could practically run itself!
My experience with school districts leads me to believe that a 50% reduction in school district admin types would largely do unnoticed.

Im not talking about principals as much as I am talking about the glut of make-work positions for Ph.Ds at the district offices

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

Chizzang wrote:
89Hen wrote: Um, no asshat. I said triggered. There is a difference, but please continue. :roll:

Yes, but we both know that's not what you meant. Just walk away from this one.
Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

89Hen wrote:
Chizzang wrote:

Yes, but we both know that's not what you meant. Just walk away from this one.

Wait a second here Mr. 89 pants...
You're constantly telling me that I'm telling you what you think or what you mean..?

:ohno:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Col Hogan wrote:
kalm wrote:
Are the SROs hired out of the school budget or the police budget???
Good question and I’m not sure. I’m guessing the it’s still PD payroll but perhaps there’s a contract between them and the school district? I know in our case the SRO is responsible for schools within the district that are outside Cheney City limits and their normal jurisdiction.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

CID1990 wrote:
kalm wrote:
My experience with school districts leads me to believe that a 50% reduction in school district admin types would largely do unnoticed.

Im not talking about principals as much as I am talking about the glut of make-work positions for Ph.Ds at the district offices

You can make that case for some organizations for sure. BDK was just being a little flippant with his generalization. Besides, bureaucratic waste and a need for increased police presence aren’t exactly the same issue.
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

kalm wrote:
CID1990 wrote:

You can make that case for some organizations for sure. BDK was just being a little flippant with his generalization. Besides, bureaucratic waste and a need for increased police presence aren’t exactly the same issue.
Well it certainly can't be that way across the board - but in every instance where I have been involved with local school districts (including actually having been a SRO for two years) - I've seen that public school districts exceed the normal government tendency to be top heavy with administrators. Part of it is because of grant money for things like "superintendent of X" and the other is because admins are constantly pushing to create new positions for their friends to get out and above regular teacher pay. It is a similar effect that causes us to have, for example, SIX US Consulates in France in addition to the Embassy in Paris.
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris