Breaking: Active Shooter HS Broward Co, FL

Political discussions
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Re: Breaking: Active Shooter HS Broward Co, FL

Post by Baldy »

GannonFan wrote:Retired Justice John Paul Stevens comes out and says we need to do away with the 2nd amendment.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/27/politics ... index.html
He added, "Overturning that decision (Heller) via a constitutional amendment to get rid of the Second Amendment would be simple
I wouldn't call it simple. :coffee:
This just one of the many reasons why Stephens was an absolutely horrible Justice. The leftists are jumping all over this article and exposing themselves for what they really are, finally. :nod: :thumb:

I sure hope this plays out until election day. If it does, it's a guarantee that the "Blue Wave" won't even be a ripple. :nod:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Now the donks want background checks for ammunition buyers.
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/politi ... story.html
This should be a rallying cry during the next election for to all freedom loving Americans. The donks are coming not only after your guns, but their coming after your ammo. :ohno:
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

YouTube doesn't think you should watch this:
https://www.libertyheadlines.com/youtub ... avid-hogg/
phpBB [video]
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Why is he Hitler?
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Baldy wrote:
GannonFan wrote:Retired Justice John Paul Stevens comes out and says we need to do away with the 2nd amendment.

This just one of the many reasons why Stephens was an absolutely horrible Justice. The leftists are jumping all over this article and exposing themselves for what they really are, finally. :nod: :thumb:

I sure hope this plays out until election day. If it does, it's a guarantee that the "Blue Wave" won't even be a ripple. :nod:
Yeah I'll bet Nancy and Chuck aren't happy right now

They know what's waiting for them if they're forced to charge up the hill of 2A repeal in November.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

Baldy wrote:

I don't think the Gun thing is a good issue for Republicans in terms of the national balance of power right now.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
Baldy
Level4
Level4

Post by Baldy »

JohnStOnge wrote:
Baldy wrote: This just one of the many reasons why Stephens was an absolutely horrible Justice. The leftists are jumping all over this article and exposing themselves for what they really are, finally. :nod: :thumb:

I don't think the Gun thing is a good issue for Republicans in terms of the national balance of power right now.
100 million gun owners would disagree, but we all know you're not very good at thinking.
Baldy
Level4
Level4

Post by Baldy »

Skjellyfetti wrote:Why is he Hitler?
First of all, he wants to come after the guns, and secondly, he talks about gun owners like Hitler talked about the Jews. That's a good start.
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Lol. I doubt it. Link?
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
Baldy
Level4
Level4

Post by Baldy »

Skjellyfetti wrote:Lol. I doubt it. Link?
That's easy.
phpBB [video]

Add to that Hitleresque hyperbole and lies.

He's a disgusting little piece of shit.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Is it too late to add Hogg to the death pool?

There hasn't been a guy make rednecks this mad since Larry Flynt.
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal

Post by Skjellyfetti »

I missed the parts that sounded like Hitler or calling for gun confiscation.

Is it the cussing that tees you off?
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
Baldy
Level4
Level4

Post by Baldy »

Skjellyfetti wrote:I missed the parts that sounded like Hitler or calling for gun confiscation.

Of course you missed it. You're not going to see what you don't want to see. Reading comprehension is essential. I never said anything about gun confiscation or bans. I said him and people like him are coming after the guns. Of course, the ultimate goal is confiscation. Even you should be able to admit that. Thanks to Stephens for finally saying what everyone else on the left has been afraid to say.

I don't care about a 17 year old child having a potty mouth. What I don't like is the media, like the NYT article today, painting these kids as untouchable and victims whenever anyone criticizes them...no matter how benign while giving them free reign to say whatever they want no matter disgusting and untrue it is.
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

Baldy wrote:
Skjellyfetti wrote:I missed the parts that sounded like Hitler or calling for gun confiscation.

Of course you missed it. You're not going to see what you don't want to see. Reading comprehension is essential. I never said anything about gun confiscation or bans. I said him and people like him are coming after the guns. Of course, the ultimate goal is confiscation. Even you should be able to admit that. Thanks to Stephens for finally saying what everyone else on the left has been afraid to say.

I don't care about a 17 year old child having a potty mouth. What I don't like is the media, like the NYT article today, painting these kids as untouchable and victims whenever anyone criticizes them...no matter how benign while giving them free reign to say whatever they want no matter disgusting and untrue it is.
Ah... yes
Were he only fighting for Jesus then he'd be untouchable in a way that you like

:lol:

I don't agree with much of what he says either Baldy and he's obviously a little twat
But he's clever and manipulative and obviously a future politician in the making

as Pwns says: We get what we deserve
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
Baldy
Level4
Level4

Post by Baldy »

Chizzang wrote:
Baldy wrote: Of course you missed it. You're not going to see what you don't want to see. Reading comprehension is essential. I never said anything about gun confiscation or bans. I said him and people like him are coming after the guns. Of course, the ultimate goal is confiscation. Even you should be able to admit that. Thanks to Stephens for finally saying what everyone else on the left has been afraid to say.

Ah... yes

Please explain. I'm too busy thumping my bible at the moment. :dunce:
I don't agree with much of what he says either Baldy and he's obviously a little twat
But he's clever and manipulative and obviously a future politician in the making

He's a smug little prick. A 17 year old Clitzorus in the developing stages. :nod:
Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

Baldy wrote:
Chizzang wrote:
Ah... yes

Please explain. I'm too busy thumping my bible at the moment. :dunce:

He's a smug little prick. A 17 year old Clitzorus in the developing stages. :nod:
He seems to have triggered you pretty effectively...

I only wish I could annoy you that much
it's like my dream job

Mostly you just ignore me

:ohno:
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal

Post by Skjellyfetti »

If you could get hours of coverage on Rush or Hannity - he wouldn't be able to ignore you either. ;)
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

These kids are really just human shields for the gun control agenda. If you call out their ignorance and stupid arguments you're a jerk going after kids that went through a traumatic experience. When they don't get sufficiently challenged you get gushing in the media about how a bunch of kids are winning against the NRA. :lol:
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

Pwns wrote:These kids are really just human shields for the gun control agenda. If you call out their ignorance and stupid arguments you're a jerk going after kids that went through a traumatic experience. When they don't get sufficiently challenged you get gushing in the media about how a bunch of kids are winning against the NRA. :lol:
Gee...
I wonder what this scenario is like
it totally reminds me of something but I can't quite put my finger on it

Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

Chizzang wrote:
Pwns wrote:These kids are really just human shields for the gun control agenda. If you call out their ignorance and stupid arguments you're a jerk going after kids that went through a traumatic experience. When they don't get sufficiently challenged you get gushing in the media about how a bunch of kids are winning against the NRA. :lol:
Gee...
I wonder what this scenario is like
it totally reminds me of something but I can't quite put my finger on it

I'm guessing you're going to make some comparison to religion, right?
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

I've been listening to CNN interview these kids and i have a few take aways

1) I think the first step is to remember it's ok to criticize but don't demonize the kids.
2) An adult (should be the moderator) should remind these kids that they need to respect the opposing views.
3) These children are going to be voting in 1-2 years. :ohno:
4) Someone should remind that anyone can be racists. And it's borderline racists to say a black person can't be racists. They blame everything on white men.
5) These kids are ignoring gun violence in general and just focusing on school. I get why they are but gun violence isn't limited to schools.

These impressionable children aren't going to solve gun violence. But I think getting the conversation started and keeping it in the limelight is a good idea. :twocents:

I'll say this - Chris Cuomo on CNN is pretty even keeled (IMO). He's quick to tell a Democratic Senator that Trump isn't doing X, contrary to what is being said. He's quick to say that he's a gun owner. He's quick to say that guns should not and would not be confiscated. He's even quick to remind his guests that the AR-15 isn't an automatic weapon.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

Ibanez wrote:4) Someone should remind that anyone can be racists. And it's borderline racists to say a black person can't be racists. They blame everything on white men.
* racist
Baldy
Level4
Level4

Post by Baldy »

Skjellyfetti wrote:If you could get hours of coverage on Rush or Hannity - he wouldn't be able to ignore you either. ;)
Why? If I wanted to get hours and hours of embarrassingly horrible political coverage, I would just read your Trump/Russia Megathread.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

89Hen wrote:
Ibanez wrote:4) Someone should remind that anyone can be racists. And it's borderline racists to say a black person can't be racists. They blame everything on white men.
* racist
HOW DARE YOU CORRECT ME!!!! :lol:

These young activists are making our public debate even more poisonous and less civil, and are doing it as teenagers. They are precocious that way. The Stoneman Douglas students experienced a horrific trauma. No one can deny their grief or blame them for being impassioned. And allowance has to be made for the fact that they are teenagers, who universally believe that they know better than their hapless elders (Hogg says the problem is that their parents don’t know how to use a democracy).
https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/03/ ... un-debate/
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris