GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Re: Breaking: Active Shooter HS Broward Co, FL

Post by GannonFan »

Pwns wrote:http://www.bendbulletin.com/localstate/ ... n-purchase

Well, that didn't take long. Hope the corporate virtue-signaling was worth it.
It probably was. They had to know that they would be sued and they have to know that they have little chance of winning as they clearly can't discriminate on the basis of age. But it works for them - either the government comes in behind them and agrees to raise the age and makes it law - thereby making it okay - or they just say "shucks, we tried" and they go back to following whatever the law says in terms of minimum age and people remember the headlines that WalMart and Dicks and others fought the good fight and tried. Plus, the non-cynical side of me (which is fiction, there is no non-cynical side of me) would say that they were, by their actions, really pushing government to follow their lead and really did this in good faith.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

houndawg wrote:
93henfan wrote:One of the interesting things about living in a tiny state is that legislation moves fast.

One of the dangerous things is that we are deep blue, with the good people of Slower Delaware (red) outnumbered more than 2 to 1 by upstate slime. We’re a microcosm of where the country is headed: elitist liberals and their beholden entitlement class clustered heavily in a small pocket who dictate the liberties of the good folks in the country.

Anyway, the gun blitz is on!

HB 300 to ban bump stocks is well on its way. I don’t have serious heartburn with it, other than there is no provision to monetarily compensate me for my losses from it. If you’re going to make certain property ownership an instant felony, I need to be justly compensated.

HB 302 allows the state to disarm an expanded population of people suspected of mental illness rather than those actually diagnosed. It also prohibits releasing a rehabilitated person to outpatient care if they could have access to guns. A child couldn’t be returned to their parents’ home, for instance, if the parent owned a gun or ammunition, even if it’s locked in a Fort Knox-level vault in the home.

HB 330 was introduced last week to require 18-20 year olds to obtain parental permission to purchase a firearm. Lololol.

Delaware would fit on my property. :roll:
No ocean. No Wawa. Not interested.
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

93henfan wrote:
houndawg wrote:

Delaware would fit on my property. :roll:
No ocean. No Wawa. Not interested.
And too far away from NJ. You forgot that one.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

houndawg wrote:Delaware would fit on my property. :roll:
And would improve it 693,000%
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

89Hen wrote:

Don't want the EPA liability.
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

93henfan wrote:One of the interesting things about living in a tiny state is that legislation moves fast.

One of the dangerous things is that we are deep blue, with the good people of Slower Delaware (red) outnumbered more than 2 to 1 by upstate slime. We’re a microcosm of where the country is headed: elitist liberals and their beholden entitlement class clustered heavily in a small pocket who dictate the liberties of the good folks in the country.

Anyway, the gun blitz is on!

HB 300 to ban bump stocks is well on its way. I don’t have serious heartburn with it, other than there is no provision to monetarily compensate me for my losses from it. If you’re going to make certain property ownership an instant felony, I need to be justly compensated.

HB 302 allows the state to disarm an expanded population of people suspected of mental illness rather than those actually diagnosed. It also prohibits releasing a rehabilitated person to outpatient care if they could have access to guns. A child couldn’t be returned to their parents’ home, for instance, if the parent owned a gun or ammunition, even if it’s locked in a Fort Knox-level vault in the home.

HB 330 was introduced last week to require 18-20 year olds to obtain parental permission to purchase a firearm. Lololol.
So if passed, a legally purchased item would now all of a sudden a felony to possess, and would have be turned in without compensation. How in the hell could that be constitutional? :suspicious:

And “suspected” by whom? Without being diagnosed, that sounds like a violation of due process.

And I still don’t understand how a 100% denial of a constitutional right to legal adults based on age is constitutional.

Hope people are ready to challenge these in court as soon as they are passed.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Seaside High teacher accidentally fires gun in class, students injured

A teacher who also serves as a reserve police officer accidentally fired a gun inside a Seaside High School classroom Tuesday, police said, and three students were injured.

Dennis Alexander was teaching a course about gun safety for his Administration of Justice class when his gun went off at 1:20 p.m.

Alexander, who is a reserve officer for the Sand City Police Department, was pointing his gun at the ceiling when it fired. Pieces of the ceiling fell to the ground.

A press release from the Seaside Police Department said no one suffered "serious injuries." One 17-year-old boy suffered moderate injuries when fragments from the bullet ricocheted off the ceiling and lodged into his neck, the student's father, Fermin Gonzales, told KSBW.

The teacher had just told the class that he wanted to make sure his gun wasn't loaded, when the gun fired, according to Gonzales.

"It's the craziest thing. It could have been very bad," Gonzales said.

Alexander was about to use the gun for a demonstration for how to disarm someone, according to Gonzales.

Everyone in the classroom as stunned and the teacher apologized. But no one at the school checked to make sure that all of the students were uninjured, Gonzales said.

The school day resumed as normal, and Seaside Police Department officers launched an investigation.

The 17-year-old boy's parents were shocked when he returned home with blood on his shirt and bullet fragments in his neck. The student's parents rushed him to a hospital for X-rays.
http://www.ksbw.com/article/seaside-hig ... s/19426017
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Ohio Student Suspended for Refusing to Leave Classroom During Gun Control Walkout

.....School district spokesperson Stacie Raterman said official policy prohibited school officials from leaving Shoemaker unattended in the building for “security reasons,” 10TV reported...”
https://ijr.com/2018/03/1076385-ohio-st ... classroom/

Where was the damn teacher? How about suspending the teacher for leaving the classroom unattended, along with all the students who who just walked out of school because they felt like it? No wonder our schools suck. You have the dumbest fucks running them. :ohno:
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

BDKJMU wrote:Ohio Student Suspended for Refusing to Leave Classroom During Gun Control Walkout

.....School district spokesperson Stacie Raterman said official policy prohibited school officials from leaving Shoemaker unattended in the building for “security reasons,” 10TV reported...”

Where was the damn teacher? How about suspending the teacher for leaving the classroom unattended, along with all the students who who just walked out of school because they felt like it? No wonder our schools suck. You have the dumbest fucks running them. :ohno:
Kudos to the kid for not being a pussy like the rest of the school.
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

93henfan wrote:
BDKJMU wrote:Ohio Student Suspended for Refusing to Leave Classroom During Gun Control Walkout

:nod:

And the administration should be taken to task for this. Every time I see stuff like this I am thankful that our school administrators are not a bunch of idiots.

I texted my kids that morning and told them that if our school had a walkout and they participated they would be getting plenty of walking exercise going to and from school when I took HI5.5's car away.

Two kids in our school tried stirring the pot to get everyone to walkout and nobody wanted to do it.
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Post by Col Hogan »

houndawg wrote:
Col Hogan wrote:
The general convention floor of the NRA convention is not a gun-free zone. Legal carriers are free to move around and do just that...

One example: https://www.snopes.com/politics/guns/nraban.asp

The room where speakers do their thing have been declared gun-free by the Secret Service due to the attendance of certain people...the NRA never did that...
cool - still hope for somebody with a good sense of humor and a pack of firecrackers.. :thumb:
The NRA convention is next month in Dallas...come on down and give it a try...

I’ll even video you playing that cool prank...
“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

HI54UNI wrote:
93henfan wrote:
:nod:

And the administration should be taken to task for this. Every time I see stuff like this I am thankful that our school administrators are not a bunch of idiots.

I texted my kids that morning and told them that if our school had a walkout and they participated they would be getting plenty of walking exercise going to and from school when I took HI5.5's car away.

Two kids in our school tried stirring the pot to get everyone to walkout and nobody wanted to do it.
Our District Superintendent sent a policy letter to parents via email on Monday stating that the District did not endorse the walkout. It stated that no elementary or middle school students could leave their school without being signed out by a parent or legal guardian. Same policy for the high school, but they also set up a designated place inside the school for students to walk to, but they would be marked for an unexcused absence if they chose to go. It would be opened for 17 minutes and then closed.

I was OK with that policy. No mass exodus outdoors allowed, no liberal attention-whoring for cameras, and no teachers allowed to be activists.
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

93henfan wrote:

All this kid has to do is make a claim that his behavior was for Religious Beliefs
and he's off

When dealing with Liberal politically correct dumb asses
just use the standard "untouchable" devices

1) Faith / Religious Convictions
2) Sexual Orientation / Identity
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Chizzang wrote:
93henfan wrote:
All this kid has to do is make a claim that his behavior was for Religious Beliefs
and he's off

Truth.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

So, I had previously referenced the three new gun control measures being rammed through the Delaware Legislature. The first one, to ban bump stocks (HB 300), just passed the State Senate after previously passing the House. The amendments to the bill are telling about how things work in a blue state and how they will work if the Dems ever get back in power and start their gun grab efforts in earnest.

Here is the history of the bill: https://legis.delaware.gov/BillDetail/26218

The initial bill made bump stock possession, regardless of date of purchase, an instant felony and provided no compensation plan for this de facto seizure of property nor any grandfather provision.

Senate Amendment 1 (SA-1) proposed a compensation plan of $100 for each bump stock turned in and $15 for each trigger crank. This was acceptable to me. But no, it was not acceptable to Democrats, so they defeated it.

SA-3 proposed an affirmative defense (ie. ignorance of the law) provision that would keep people from being instant felons if they were found with a bump stock in Delaware. Democrats defeated that too.

Republicans again made the point that de facto property seizure, no provision for ignorance of the law, and making those potentially ignorant of the law instant felons was probably a little harsh.

Democrats agreed and wrote an amendment (SA-4) to make it only a Class B misdemeanor for first offense and then a felony for second offense. Still no compensation or affimative defense.

So to conclude: I no longer own a bump stock. It fell off the canoe this afternoon when I crossed the lake. Damn!
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Why did you buy one, anyway? Didn't you argue hooking it to your belt while hip firing was just as effective?
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Skjellyfetti wrote:Why did you buy one, anyway? Didn't you argue hooking it to your belt while hip firing was just as effective?
I bought it several years ago.

Why? Because I can.

I'll miss it.

I'll also report anyone who discovers it at the bottom of that lake as a scofflaw.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Skjellyfetti wrote:Why did you buy one, anyway? Didn't you argue hooking it to your belt while hip firing was just as effective?
I did just retire a set of Levis. I may cut off all of the belt loops and turn them in to the General Assembly.

In fact, yes, that's exactly what I'm going to do.

Thank you for giving me the idea. You rock.
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Chizzang wrote:
93henfan wrote:
and he's off

Unless you’re using #1 versus #2
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

93henfan wrote:So, I had previously referenced the three new gun control measures being rammed through the Delaware Legislature. The first one, to ban bump stocks (HB 300), just passed the State Senate after previously passing the House. The amendments to the bill are telling about how things work in a blue state and how they will work if the Dems ever get back in power and start their gun grab efforts in earnest.

Here is the history of the bill: https://legis.delaware.gov/BillDetail/26218

The initial bill made bump stock possession, regardless of date of purchase, an instant felony and provided no compensation plan for this de facto seizure of property nor any grandfather provision.

Senate Amendment 1 (SA-1) proposed a compensation plan of $100 for each bump stock turned in and $15 for each trigger crank. This was acceptable to me. But no, it was not acceptable to Democrats, so they defeated it.

SA-3 proposed an affirmative defense (ie. ignorance of the law) provision that would keep people from being instant felons if they were found with a bump stock in Delaware. Democrats defeated that too.

Republicans again made the point that de facto property seizure, no provision for ignorance of the law, and making those potentially ignorant of the law instant felons was probably a little harsh.

Democrats agreed and wrote an amendment (SA-4) to make it only a Class B misdemeanor for first offense and then a felony for second offense. Still no compensation or affimative defense.

So to conclude: I no longer own a bump stock. It fell off the canoe this afternoon when I crossed the lake. Damn!
For you lawyers on here, I thought the Constitution prevented Ex Post Facto laws? How can it be constitutional that a legally purchased, legal at the time product, is now a crime to possess, without any renumeration for said product?

Could that be challenged in fed court (with any chance of success)?
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

89Hen wrote:
I'd just put Delaware up on blocks over by the hog wallow.
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

houndawg wrote:
89Hen wrote: And would improve it 693,000%
I'd just put Delaware up on blocks over by the hog wallow.
Second bite at the apple on this one dawg? :suspicious:
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

This is rich. :dunce: :dunce:
RIP journalism. :ohno: :ohno:
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

CAA Flagship wrote:This is rich. :dunce: :dunce:
RIP journalism. :ohno: :ohno:
I have no problem with that. Journalism has long had an element of activism in it, that's nothing new. There are some outlets that will try to market themselves as not being activists so that they get that share of the market that wants that kind of news, but we've had left leaning and right leaning journalism forever and will likely keep having it.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

Retired Justice John Paul Stevens comes out and says we need to do away with the 2nd amendment.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/27/politics ... index.html
He added, "Overturning that decision (Heller) via a constitutional amendment to get rid of the Second Amendment would be simple
I wouldn't call it simple. :coffee: