Political discussions
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Re: Blue Wave 2018

Post by AZGrizFan »

CAA Flagship wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote: 5,000 words aren't necessary. We need for the Democrats to take control of at least one House of Congress in order to have a situation in which Trump is held accountable and the Justice Department can investigate things without constant harassment from a bunch of Republicans in Congress running interference for a President who is acting like he's guilty of something. Right now it looks like that COULD happen but it's a close call. Let's hope, for the long term good of the country, that we have an economic disturbance around the end of the summer persisting through election day. That would be the best case scenario.
That's just great. So you are hoping people lose their jobs and companies go out of business (real life negative impacts) just because your feathers are ruffled (emotional impact). :ohno: :ohno: :ohno:
I've said it before. JSO is rooting for the president and the country to fail, just to prove him right.

He's gone full retard.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

JohnStOnge wrote:
CID1990 wrote:
Maybe you should get it back on track with a 5000 word epistle on Trump then

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
5,000 words aren't necessary. We need for the Democrats to take control of at least one House of Congress in order to have a situation in which Trump is held accountable and the Justice Department can investigate things without constant harassment from a bunch of Republicans in Congress running interference for a President who is acting like he's guilty of something. Right now it looks like that COULD happen but it's a close call. Let's hope, for the long term good of the country, that we have an economic disturbance around the end of the summer persisting through election day. That would be the best case scenario.
What..? Wow. That's terrible.

Instead of bitching about Trump on a football message board, I hope you are actively involved in getting someone with conservative bonafides elected that can be a counter balance to him. Otherwise...you're pissing in the wind. :twocents: :coffee:
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

SDHornet wrote:
kalm wrote:
Wealth redistribution can go both ways, Ayn Hornet, and guess which way it’s been going for the last 30 years?

Less democracy via a less powerful middle class is a good thing when you’re at the top. :nod:
Yup, just look at all those Rust Belt areas that have been controlled by D's for the better half of the last century. Really did the middle class some wonders. :coffee:
I mean the actual wealth and quality of life between blue states and red states isn't even comparable.

But it doesn't matter if you're blue, red, purple, or whatever...if you don't adapt as the world changes around you, you're going to be left behind. Policies can slow or speed things up, but in the end the result will skew towards a certain direction. The Rust Belt can be something else, as Pittsburgh and Akron prove. It takes a strong vision from policy makers, but more importantly, an actual will from people in those areas.

Personal responsibility, amirite?
Last edited by ∞∞∞ on Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:42 am, edited 3 times in total.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote:
CAA Flagship wrote: That's just great. So you are hoping people lose their jobs and companies go out of business (real life negative impacts) just because your feathers are ruffled (emotional impact). :ohno: :ohno: :ohno:
I've said it before. JSO is rooting for the president and the country to fail, just to prove him right.

He's gone full retard.
Or, he's willing to sacrifice short term losses for long term gains. Sometimes it takes a crisis to create meaningful change.

Take the Great Recession for example...

:ohno:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

∞∞∞ wrote:
SDHornet wrote: Yup, just look at all those Rust Belt areas that have been controlled by D's for the better half of the last century. Really did the middle class some wonders. :coffee:
I mean the actual wealth and quality of life between blue states and red states isn't even comparable.

But it doesn't matter if you're blue, red, purple, or whatever...if you don't adapt as the world changes around you, you're going to be left behind. Policies can slow or speed things up, but in the end the result will skew towards a certain direction. The Rust Belt can be something else, as Pittsburgh and Akron prove. It takes a strong vision from policy makers, but more importantly, an actual will from people in those areas.

Personal responsibility, amirite?
Personal responsibility, yup, at least to a certain extent. But how can you put it on personally responsible when your job is ripped from you and sent overseas?

So does this Bill Clinton quote rival that of Obama's "if you like your doctor, you can keep it" line?
Clinton, while signing the NAFTA bill, stated that "NAFTA means jobs. American jobs, and good-paying American jobs. If I didn't believe that, I wouldn't support this agreement."
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

AZGrizFan wrote:
CAA Flagship wrote: That's just great. So you are hoping people lose their jobs and companies go out of business (real life negative impacts) just because your feathers are ruffled (emotional impact). :ohno: :ohno: :ohno:

He's gone full retard.
Him and many other leftists. TDS is a hell of a thing.
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

CAA Flagship wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote: 5,000 words aren't necessary. We need for the Democrats to take control of at least one House of Congress in order to have a situation in which Trump is held accountable and the Justice Department can investigate things without constant harassment from a bunch of Republicans in Congress running interference for a President who is acting like he's guilty of something. Right now it looks like that COULD happen but it's a close call. Let's hope, for the long term good of the country, that we have an economic disturbance around the end of the summer persisting through election day. That would be the best case scenario.
That's just great. So you are hoping people lose their jobs and companies go out of business (real life negative impacts) just because your feathers are ruffled (emotional impact). :ohno: :ohno: :ohno:
The real life negative impacts for the long term are going to be worse if something doesn't happen quickly. This guy is not good. And it's become clear that the Republicans in Congress are not going to hold him accountable. At this time in history, the best thing for the country is to have at least one House of Congress to go Democrat. It's not emotional. It's analytical. The best thing for the country right now is to have Trump neutered.

It'd also be best if we could say anybody who voted for Trump is no longer eligible to vote. But we can't do that.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

JohnStOnge wrote:
The real life negative impacts for the long term are going to be worse if something doesn't happen quickly. This guy is not good. And it's become clear that the Republicans in Congress are not going to hold him accountable. At this time in history, the best thing for the country is to have at least one House of Congress to go Democrat. It's not emotional. It's analytical. The best thing for the country right now is to have Trump neutered.

It'd also be best if we could say anybody who voted for Trump is no longer eligible to vote. But we can't do that.
Yep, because it won't be the Senate. It will be the House. Which means with a conk Senate Trump can still get another SCOTUS judge, but the House Speaker will be:
which means the donks will full retard trying to impeach Trump, which means the 2020 election will be:
which will result in
and
So the donks winning the House isn't a bad thing.. :nod:
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:

Yep, because it won't be the Senate. It will be the House. Which means with a conk Senate Trump can still get another SCOTUS judge, but the House Speaker will be:
which means the donks will full retard trying to impeach Trump, which means the 2020 election will be:
which will result in
and
I hate it when “the donks will full retard...”

Just doesn’t seem right.
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

JohnStOnge wrote:
CID1990 wrote:
Maybe you should get it back on track with a 5000 word epistle on Trump then

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
5,000 words aren't necessary. We need for the Democrats to take control of at least one House of Congress in order to have a situation in which Trump is held accountable and the Justice Department can investigate things without constant harassment from a bunch of Republicans in Congress running interference for a President who is acting like he's guilty of something. Right now it looks like that COULD happen but it's a close call. Let's hope, for the long term good of the country, that we have an economic disturbance around the end of the summer persisting through election day. That would be the best case scenario.

We can hope but you gotta admire the way he smoked Kennedy and put a guy in behind Rosenstein that will kill the investigation if told to. We tend to forget that the judicial branch is just as crooked as the other two.
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

BDKJMU wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:

which will result in
and
Trump is actuarially challenged and not buying green bananas anymore; he won't be the candidate in '20 and has a strong chance of not being anywhere. Ryan will be surely in the primary in 2020 after seeing the band of midgets that were passed off as candidates in '16.
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Comey, just like JSO:
Ex-FBI chief James Comey urges Americans to vote for Democrats in midterm elections
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/07/18/trump-e ... crats.html
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

BDKJMU wrote:Comey, just like JSO:
Ex-FBI chief James Comey urges Americans to vote for Democrats in midterm elections
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/07/18/trump-e ... crats.html
That will cause a Blue Tsunami. Maybe he should do a few joint appearances with Hillary.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

BDKJMU wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:

which will result in
and
Trump will be dead by 2020; I don't know how they're keeping his fetid carcass alive right now. Paul Ryan will be in the primary
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

I noticed some interesting things in the polling results reported at https://www.monmouth.edu/polling-instit ... oh_080118/.

It's a poll on the Ohio 12th District special election.

I looked it up because I saw television reports saying the poll point estimates had the Republican up by 43% to 33% last month but now it's the Republican up 44% to 43%. Obviously what that suggests is that the Republican's level of support has stayed close to the same while the Democrat's support increased substantially.

The text at the linked page discusses movement by independents as a factor (O'Conner is the Democrat):
ndependent voters are a key factor in the shift in polling since last month, with many moving from being undecided to favoring the Democrat. Currently, independents prefer O’Connor over Balderson by 48% to 32%, with 17% undecided. The independent vote in June’s poll showed a similar level of support for Balderson (33%), but it had a lower vote share for O’Connor (30%) and a larger group who were undecided (33%).
If I had to bet I'd bet the Republican wins this particular race. But let's hope the suggestions that independents are swinging towards the Democrats prove true in November so that what's best for the country at this time can transpire and at least one House of Congress will flip to Democrat control.
Could I ever be a star?

Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

And, OH-12 went 69% - 29% Republican in 2016.

If it's close - that's a pretty significant swing.

If Republicans lose that seat... :rofl:
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

Skjellyfetti wrote:And, OH-12 went 69% - 29% Republican in 2016.

To me the poll results are consistent with something evidenced in other polls. There is a Trump cult. Somewhere around 40 to 45% who would stick with Trump even if he'd been seen on live TV butt reaming a pit bull. They're lost. They're not rational. There is nothing you can say to change their zombie like devotion to what reasonable people can see is an absolute atrocity.

But they're a minority. And it's up to the rest of us to try to ensure that reason prevails in the end.
Could I ever be a star?

houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

SDHornet wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:

He's gone full retard.
Him and many other leftists. TDS is a hell of a thing.
TDS is sweeping the nation. Some call it Treasonous Donald Syndrome, some call it by its "street" name: Blue Tsunami, "BT". We don't care what you call it, but its a virtual certainty that you'll catch it within the next four months if you don't have it already.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

JohnStOnge wrote:

To me the poll results are consistent with something evidenced in other polls. There is a Trump cult. Somewhere around 40 to 45% who would stick with Trump even if he'd been seen on live TV butt reaming a pit bull. They're lost. They're not rational. There is nothing you can say to change their zombie like devotion to what reasonable people can see is an absolute atrocity.

But they're a minority. And it's up to the rest of us to try to ensure that reason prevails in the end.

I dunno, John......you fuck one dog.... :ohno:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Ruh roh: Queue JSO on another demographics rant. I'm setting the over/under at 1000 words.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

You know after the special election is over, they have to turnaround and re-run for the Nov '18 right?
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

JohnStOnge wrote:

Yeah because that zombie-like devotion ONLY occurs with Trump and conservatives. Jesus, just when I think you can’t get any dumber, you manage to accomplish it. :dunce: :dunce:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

SDHornet wrote:Ruh roh: Queue JSO on another demographics rant. I'm setting the over/under at 1000 words.
So Drumpf should lay off LeBron for awhile. :coffee:
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

AZGrizFan wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:

Yeah because that zombie-like devotion ONLY occurs with Trump and conservatives. Jesus, just when I think you can’t get any dumber, you manage to accomplish it. :dunce: :dunce:
I'm 60 years old and I've never seen anything like the Trump zombies. A few years back I said there was a cult of personality thing with Obama. And in the past I described the a substantial proportion of the Democrat vote as "the zombie vote."

But in my lifetime there hasn't been anything as bad as what's going on with Trump supporters right now. It's "totally suspend my powers of observation and critical thinking skills" on steroids.
Could I ever be a star?

JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

SDHornet wrote:Ruh roh: Queue JSO on another demographics rant. I'm setting the over/under at 1000 words.
Doesn't take 1000 words. That's an outlier. And Rasmussen is not one of the better polls.
Could I ever be a star?