A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Re: Blue Wave 2018

Post by kalm »

CID1990 wrote:
kalm wrote:
So you’re more a fan of dirty action? :shocker:
Reductio ad absurdum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don’t speak latinese but right back at ya!
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

kalm wrote:
CID1990 wrote:
Reductio ad absurdum

Putting fallacious logic in question form doesn't get you a break with the fallacy police

"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern

Post by kalm »

CID1990 wrote:
kalm wrote:
Putting fallacious logic in question form doesn't get you a break with the fallacy police

Is there a term for taking things too seriously?
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

kalm wrote:
CID1990 wrote:

Nope...
Everything that is insane is now master troll work

:coffee:

deal with it
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Chizzang wrote:
kalm wrote:
Nope...

deal with it
So is the death of absurdism? I thought it was contained so far to leftists. But now CID? :ohno:
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

kalm wrote:
Chizzang wrote:
Nope...

deal with it
So is the death of absurdism? I thought it was contained so far to leftists. But now CID? :ohno:
:ohno:

All this sturm und drang

Even dug up Clitz

And still no idea what is meant by a "clean" election

:clap:
Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

CID1990 wrote:
kalm wrote:

All this sturm und drang

Even dug up Clitz

We're all just getting trolled...
That's the new reality - anything and everything that evokes a response - is genius master troll work

welcome to 2018
You've been trolled
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

Chizzang wrote:
CID1990 wrote:

All this sturm und drang

Even dug up Clitz

That's the new reality - anything and everything that evokes a response - is genius master troll work

welcome to 2018
You've been trolled
Here's the formula:

Clittoris : not a genius master troller
CID: not a genius master troller

Trumpklam: genius master troller
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

Let's just hope there IS a blue wave in 2018. It's necessary for the health of the Republic because it's pretty clear that the Republicans in Congress generally have no integrity right now. A few exceptions but most of those aren't running for re-election.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

CID1990 wrote:
Chizzang wrote:

welcome to 2018
You've been trolled
Here's the formula:

WTF! I’m as sincere as Southern hospitality! :ohno:
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

kalm wrote:
CID1990 wrote:
Here's the formula:

WTF! I’m as sincere as Southern hospitality! :ohno:
Bless your heart.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

JohnStOnge wrote:Let's just hope there IS a blue wave in 2018. It's necessary for the health of the Republic because it's pretty clear that the Republicans in Congress generally have no integrity right now. A few exceptions but most of those aren't running for re-election.
Spoken like a true liberal..
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

BDKJMU wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:Let's just hope there IS a blue wave in 2018. It's necessary for the health of the Republic because it's pretty clear that the Republicans in Congress generally have no integrity right now. A few exceptions but most of those aren't running for re-election.
:+1:

If JSO is a conservative, I’m Vlad Putin. Or maybe Vidav. They all look alike. Whatever.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

BDKJMU wrote:
Still you gotta give him credit, he had everybody going for years playing a halfwitted Republican dullard.
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Ivytalk wrote:
BDKJMU wrote: Spoken like a true liberal..

If JSO is a conservative, I’m Vlad Putin. Or maybe Vidav. They all look alike. Whatever.
You guys say that almost as though it's an insult. I've noticed that lately, conservative commentators from Ben Shapiro to Dennis Prager have been openly delineating the difference between liberals and leftists. It's actually kind of cute and an obvious tip of the hat to kalm (thanks!) even if their understanding and use of labels is still a little flawed.

Time for you chumps to get with the times...liberal isn't the insult it was 20 years ago... :tothehand:

https://www.nationalreview.com/2017/09/ ... ng-common/
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

kalm wrote:liberal isn't the insult it was 20 years ago... :tothehand:
:lol: :lol:
Is it like "bad"?
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

CAA Flagship wrote:
kalm wrote:liberal isn't the insult it was 20 years ago... :tothehand:
Is it like "bad"?
Yeah...or "filthy" or something like that. Read the Prager article or go to wherever it is you recieve your marching orders from and you'll find out that liberal is now supposed to = freedom and capitalism loving 'murican.
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

kalm wrote:
CAA Flagship wrote: :lol: :lol:
Is it like "bad"?
Yeah...or "filthy" or something like that. Read the Prager article or go to wherever it is you recieve your marching orders from and you'll find out that liberal is now supposed to = freedom and capitalism loving 'murican.
Not surprised you were attracted to that article. You love labels. As for me, they mean nothing. I would rather point to a specific issue.
My son: Why is "insert name" not playing? He is a good player
Me: Why do you think he is a good player?
My son: Because he can shoot 3-point shots.
Me: But he can't defend.
My son: That doesn't matter.
Me: :ohno: :ohno:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

CAA Flagship wrote:
kalm wrote:
Not surprised you were attracted to that article. You love labels. As for me, they mean nothing. I would rather point to a specific issue.
I simply try and warn folks that using labels is dangerous. I think they're meaningless to a certain extent too.

I have no idea what you're talking about with the rest of your post you conk-ass wop!
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

kalm wrote:
CAA Flagship wrote: Not surprised you were attracted to that article. You love labels. As for me, they mean nothing. I would rather point to a specific issue.
I simply try and warn folks that using labels is dangerous. I think they're meaningless to a certain extent too.

I have no idea what you're talking about with the rest of your post you conk-ass wop!
Just saying that it is difficult to put people in categories because there are parts of them that exist beyond the boundaries.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

CAA Flagship wrote:
kalm wrote:

Just saying that it is difficult to put people in categories because there are parts of them that exist beyond the boundaries.
Totally agree. :nod:

Next topic...can someone explain wtf neo-liberalism is? :suspicious:
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

kalm wrote:
Ivytalk wrote: :+1:

You guys say that almost as though it's an insult. I've noticed that lately, conservative commentators from Ben Shapiro to Dennis Prager have been openly delineating the difference between liberals and leftists. It's actually kind of cute and an obvious tip of the hat to kalm (thanks!) even if their understanding and use of labels is still a little flawed.

Time for you chumps to get with the times...liberal isn't the insult it was 20 years ago... :tothehand:

https://www.nationalreview.com/2017/09/ ... ng-common/
Shapiro has been doing that for years now. :?
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

Ivytalk wrote:
BDKJMU wrote: Spoken like a true liberal..

JSO on abortion:

Objectively, the life of an individual member of our species begins at conception. No abortion unless it's a situation where the unborn individual must be terminated or both mother and unborn individual will die. No exceptions for rape or incest as the unborn individual had nothing to do with either of those things.

JSO on the second Amendment:

It clearly says that the People have the right to keep and bear "arms." The reference to the militia isn't a condition on that right. It's an explanation for it. Also, it doesn't say "guns." It says "arms." In fact the reference to militia makes it clear it is referring to military weapons. Unless and until we amend the Constitution the Federal government shouldn't be making laws saying persons cannot keep and bear ANY kinds of arms. Automatic weapons. Bombs. Artillery. Whatever. It is what it is. If we don't like it, we need to amend the Constitution.

JSO on Church and State:

The Constitution does not contain a Separation of Church and State. It contains a narrow, explicit prohibition on Congress making laws with respect to the establishment of religion. The idea that the 1st Amendment really prohibits something like a local school principal saying a daily prayer over the intercom is ridiculous.

JSO on race:

The evidence suggests that there are differences in distributions of aptitudes between what we call racial groups and that those differences are in part due to genetics.

JSO on affirmative action:

No.

JSO on taxes:

The idea of "tax expenditure" is nonsense. Government lowering tax rates is not an expenditure. Also, progressive taxation is immoral. The fact that someone makes more does not mean they should pay more. As a practical matter, it may be that we have to ask people who make more to pay more in taxes. But a fair tax system would be one in which each person in the country would pay the same amount. The cost of running the country divided by the number of people who live in it. We have a serious problem with our tax system in that the majority of the people in the country pay less than their share...with many paying nothing at all...while they also get a say in the direction of things. The "no skin in the game" phenomenon.

JSO on homosexuality:

It's abnormal.

JSO on homosexual marriage:

If people establish homosexual marriage in their jurisdiction through the representative government process, OK. But no way the Federal government, though the Courts, should have forced it upon local jurisdictions.

JSO on businesses being forced to serve people:

Whether you're talking about race, sexual orientation, or anything else, no person should be forced to do businesss with any other person whether they are on the selling or buying side of the transaction. This is where the Civil Rights thing is wrong. If a business owner wants to refuse to do business with individuals of a certain race, they should be free to refuse. Same with sexual orientation or anything else.

I could go on, but you get the picture. And none of those things are new. I have crafted posts about those issues expressing those positions many times in the past. I'm probably way more "conservative" than you are.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

JohnStOnge wrote:
Ivytalk wrote: :+1:

JSO on abortion:

Objectively, the life of an individual member of our species begins at conception. No abortion unless it's a situation where the unborn individual must be terminated or both mother and unborn individual will die. No exceptions for rape or incest as the unborn individual had nothing to do with either of those things.

It clearly says that the People have the right to keep and bear "arms." The reference to the militia isn't a condition on that right. It's an explanation for it. Also, it doesn't say "guns." It says "arms." In fact the reference to militia makes it clear it is referring to military weapons. Unless and until we amend the Constitution the Federal government shouldn't be making laws saying persons cannot keep and bear ANY kinds of arms. Automatic weapons. Bombs. Artillery. Whatever. It is what it is. If we don't like it, we need to amend the Constitution.

JSO on Church and State:

The Constitution does not contain a Separation of Church and State. It contains a narrow, explicit prohibition on Congress making laws with respect to the establishment of religion. The idea that the 1st Amendment really prohibits something like a local school principal saying a daily prayer over the intercom is ridiculous.

JSO on race:

The evidence suggests that there are differences in distributions of aptitudes between what we call racial groups and that those differences are in part due to genetics.

No.

JSO on taxes:

The idea of "tax expenditure" is nonsense. Government lowering tax rates is not an expenditure. Also, progressive taxation is immoral. The fact that someone makes more does not mean they should pay more. As a practical matter, it may be that we have to ask people who make more to pay more in taxes. But a fair tax system would be one in which each person in the country would pay the same amount. The cost of running the country divided by the number of people who live in it. We have a serious problem with our tax system in that the majority of the people in the country pay less than their share...with many paying nothing at all...while they also get a say in the direction of things. The "no skin in the game" phenomenon.

JSO on homosexuality:

It's abnormal.

If people establish homosexual marriage in their jurisdiction through the representative government process, OK. But no way the Federal government, though the Courts, should have forced it upon local jurisdictions.

Whether you're talking about race, sexual orientation, or anything else, no person should be forced to do businesss with any other person whether they are on the selling or buying side of the transaction. This is where the Civil Rights thing is wrong. If a business owner wants to refuse to do business with individuals of a certain race, they should be free to refuse. Same with sexual orientation or anything else.

I could go on, but you get the picture. And none of those things are new. I have crafted posts about those issues expressing those positions many times in the past. I'm probably way more "conservative" than you are.
John,
Everybody knows you're a conservative on this forum
They just hate that you're not towing the line and licking Trumps balls

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Chizzang wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:
JSO on abortion:

JSO on Church and State:

JSO on race:

No.

JSO on taxes:

JSO on homosexuality:

It's abnormal.

John,
Everybody knows you're a conservative on this forum
They just hate that you're not towing the line and licking Trumps balls

I think you just triggered some folks.

(Or is it trolled?)