UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Re: RE: Re: Blue Wave 2018

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
There only needs to be a “groundswell” of support amongst those that actually VOTE. And when you call normally ambivalent people “deplorables” and cast multiple dispersions on them, they get off their old, fat, midwestern asses and come out and vote. It doesn’t matter what the “popular embrace” says....
The comment didn’t help but considering she was talking about the percentage of Trump suppirters who would never like her there was some truth to it. Lesson learned: “fat, old, midwestern asses” need safe spaces too and don’t ignore the rust belt.
That comment offended me and not because I felt that she was actually talking about me but because it was made by a so-called liberal/progressive who by definition should be open-minded, understanding and inclusive. It demonstrated the hypocrisy of many on the left. And don't argue that the right is also hypocritical because I know that and it's like arguing but Hillary when responding to JSO's Trump posts and that triggers Chizzy. ;) .
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

UNI88 wrote:
kalm wrote:
The comment didn’t help but considering she was talking about the percentage of Trump suppirters who would never like her there was some truth to it. Lesson learned: “fat, old, midwestern asses” need safe spaces too and don’t ignore the rust belt.
That comment offended me and not because I felt that she was actually talking about me but because it was made by a so-called liberal/progressive who by definition should be open-minded, understanding and inclusive. It demonstrated the hypocrisy of many on the left. And don't argue that the right is also hypocritical because I know that and it's like arguing but Hillary when responding to JSO's Trump posts and that triggers Chizzy. ;) .
When Hillary made the "deplorable" comment she was not talking about all Trump supporters. Now, to me supporting Trump IS deplorable. But that's not what SHE was saying. She said that there were a lot of Trump supporters who are deplorable but that there were a lot with legitimate concerns.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Re: Blue Wave 2018

Post by CID1990 »

JohnStOnge wrote:
UNI88 wrote:
When Hillary made the "deplorable" comment she was not talking about all Trump supporters. Now, to me supporting Trump IS deplorable. But that's not what SHE was saying. She said that there were a lot of Trump supporters who are deplorable but that there were a lot with legitimate concerns.
John

Even Democrats aren't trying to rehabilitate Hillary

In fact, many of them are honest enough to admit that she was their worst candidate since Dukakis

but that said, your defense of her deplorables comment rings hollow, especially in light of election postmortem comments she has made

her mouth was (and still is) a walking GOP campaign af

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote:
kalm wrote:
Your first mistake was in assuming a Democratic candidate was open minded, liberal, or progressive.

Your second mistake was being offended by anything a politician says.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

HI54UNI wrote:
Ivytalk wrote: You just contradicted yourself, Mr. PewRasmussen McGallup. Re-read your second paragraph. :lol: Drumpf would be re-elected if the election were held today. The Donks are shitting themselves faster than an old geezer who just ate a box of prunes.
Someone actually reads JSO's posts? :o
Just the few that are under 500 words. 8-)
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Blue Wave 2018

Post by SeattleGriz »

JohnStOnge wrote:
UNI88 wrote:
She said about half his supporters, thus 25% of the population.

As to your national vote count, would you require all citizens to vote, or just leave it at who shows up?
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

CID1990 wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:
John

In fact, many of them are honest enough to admit that she was their worst candidate since Dukakis

but that said, your defense of her deplorables comment rings hollow, especially in light of election postmortem comments she has made

her mouth was (and still is) a walking GOP campaign af

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Some even questioned the motives of a DNC that couldn't manage to find a second Democrat to run in their primary.

She was right about the existence of the deplorables though. Hardly a week goes by (used to be daily) without some goober from Pigshit, Georgia, waving a confederate flag and orating about how important it is for evryone to get over it you lost. While verbally sucking off their favorite Yankee President.......come to think of it, I guess the goober from Pigshit, Georgia, is actually being consistent- by showing us how he got over his hate for The Yankee, he hopes to demonstrate that we too can overcome our revulsion... well played, Goober.. :thumb:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

Just think...Hillary went up against he most boorish presidential candidate ever and managed to one-up him by crossing a line even he wouldn't cross: Knocking your opponent's supporters. Grrl Power! :thumb:
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

You know I wish that, instead of funding ads calling for impeachment, that Tom Steyer guy and maybe some others would fund ads making the case that Trump and the Republicans are not responsible for the economy being good right now. It'd be a challenge because most Americans have very short attention spans and there's a tendency to attribute what's going on economically, good or bad, to whoever is in power at the time. But Steyer would have a better shot at influencing perceptions on that issue that he does at having Trump impeached and the perception that Trump and the Republicans are responsible for good economic times is probably the biggest single factor in the Republicans' favor right now.

Do it with graphics. One commercial could have Trump saying that Black unemployment is historically low. The narrator could say, "It is. But is it because of Trump?" Then show a graphic like the one below with a little bit of discussion. The current Black unemployment rate is clearly consistent with a declining trend that started around 2009. Nothing dramatic...nothing indicating an improvement in the already-established trend...associated with Trump getting elected or taking office. The case could be made pretty effectively in a 30 minute spot due to what the graphic clearly shows.

The same could be done using graphics depicting trends in all of the major economic indicators people usually look at. A series of commercials like that would have a lot better chance of having a positive effect on Democrats chances of taking the House than having commercials about impeachment resulting in impeachment.
Could I ever be a star?

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Pwns wrote:Just think...Hillary went up against he most boorish presidential candidate ever and managed to one-up him by crossing a line even he wouldn't cross: Knocking your opponent's supporters. Grrl Power! :thumb:
It obviuosly didn’t work, but it was honest. You could make almost the exact same comment about 50% of Hillary supporters and it would be correct as well.

Independent thinkers are supposed to appreciate honesty. A lack of honesty and telling people what they want to hear is supposedly why we hate politicians...especially ones like Hillary.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

houndawg wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
There only needs to be a “groundswell” of support amongst those that actually VOTE. And when you call normally ambivalent people “deplorables” and cast multiple dispersions on them, they get off their old, fat, midwestern asses and come out and vote. It doesn’t matter what the “popular embrace” says....
*aspersions.
Thank you Mr. Webster.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote:
houndawg wrote:
*aspersions.
Thank you Mr. Webster.
You've been in Texas too long...

phpBB [video]
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
Thank you Mr. Webster.
You've been in Texas too long...

phpBB [video]
I don’t think that’s it. I’ve thought it was “dispersions” for 55+ years.... :oops:
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

CID1990 wrote:[

Oh no doubt she was an awful candidate. I don't disagree with that at all. As I've noted I think that if Obama could've run for a third term he'd have blown Trump out worse than he blew McCain and/or Romney out.

But Clinton was basically correct in her comment about Trump support being largely composed of deplorable people. And I don't think her "about half" statement was an unreasonable estimate. I might put the proportion quite a bit above that. I think that when it came to the general election there were a lot of people who would rather have had some other Republican running but they went ahead and voted for the Republican. But the people that voted for Trump during the Republican primaries are deplorable. The people that went to Trump rallies and put on those frothing at the mouth displays. The people that put on T shirts like that couple we discussed in another thread. And there were an awful lot of them.
Could I ever be a star?

AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

JohnStOnge wrote:

Oh no doubt she was an awful candidate. I don't disagree with that at all. As I've noted I think that if Obama could've run for a third term he'd have blown Trump out worse than he blew McCain and/or Romney out.

But Clinton was basically correct in her comment about Trump support being largely composed of deplorable people. And I don't think her "about half" statement was an unreasonable estimate. I might put the proportion quite a bit above that. I think that when it came to the general election there were a lot of people who would rather have had some other Republican running but they went ahead and voted for the Republican. But the people that voted for Trump during the Republican primaries are deplorable. The people that went to Trump rallies and put on those frothing at the mouth displays. The people that put on T shirts like that couple we discussed in another thread. And there were an awful lot of them.
You used to be just weird, Jon. Now you’ve gone total fucking douchebag. There is NOTHING wrong with the vast majority of Americans who voted for Trump. The fact they didn’t vote for your lying, cheating, murdering bitch doesn’t automatically make them any more deplorable than you. You have fallen for the standard democrat tactic of identity politics—if you voted for Trump then therefore you MUST be deplorable. Congratulations. For a guy supposedly so smart, you sure turned out to be a dumb shit.
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

JohnStOnge wrote:

I guess one man's economic voter is another woman's deplorable.

Exit question: who's worse - the ANTIFA, Occupiers and SJWs who voted for Hillary, or the deplorables who voted for Trump?

You don't have to answer that... its a rhetorical question.
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

AZGrizFan wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:

You used to be just weird, Jon. Now you’ve gone total **** douchebag. There is NOTHING wrong with the vast majority of Americans who voted for Trump. The fact they didn’t vote for your lying, cheating, murdering bitch doesn’t automatically make them any more deplorable than you. You have fallen for the standard democrat tactic of identity politics—if you voted for Trump then therefore you MUST be deplorable. Congratulations. For a guy supposedly so smart, you sure turned out to be a dumb ****.
The total eruption of Mount AZGF... impressive! :clap: Better than Kilauea, and I didn’t lose my car in a bath of hot molten lava! Bravo! :notworthy: :notworthy:
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:

You used to be just weird, Jon. Now you’ve gone total fucking douchebag. There is NOTHING wrong with the vast majority of Americans who voted for Trump. The fact they didn’t vote for your lying, cheating, murdering bitch doesn’t automatically make them any more deplorable than you. You have fallen for the standard democrat tactic of identity politics—if you voted for Trump then therefore you MUST be deplorable. Congratulations. For a guy supposedly so smart, you sure turned out to be a dumb shit.
Black, Gay, Liberal, Atheists for Trump would agree! :lol:

Define "vast". Nevermind... Hillary said half of Trump supporters. That's 23% of the popular vote or if you take half of his approval rating on election day it would 18.5%. She more than likely wasn't talking about you, Z. No need to get so upset. :lol:

(The amount of triggering from that comment may have cost her the election, but it's still fun to watch its effects on conservative snowflakes...even the ones who didn't vote for her :nod: )
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

JohnStOnge wrote:

Right there is your proof that John's wife voted for Trump in the general election. :nod: :nod:
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:

Define "vast". Nevermind... Hillary said half of Trump supporters. That's 23% of the popular vote or if you take half of his approval rating on election day it would 18.5%. She more than likely wasn't talking about you, Z. No need to get so upset. :lol:

(The amount of triggering from that comment may have cost her the election, but it's still fun to watch its effects on conservative snowflakes...even the ones who didn't vote for her :nod: )
Hey, numbnut: Personally, I didn't vote for Trump, so he wasn't talking about me to begin with. The fact he sunk to the progressive baseline of identity politics and associates anyone who DIDN'T vote for Hillary as "deplorable" is the problem, and the primary reason why donks won't win houses, senates, governorships, or presidencies any time soon. The just can't shut their whore mouths and can't seem to grasp that just because someone else doesn't think like them doesn't make them the devil.
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

CID1990 wrote:

Exit question: who's worse - the ANTIFA, Occupiers and SJWs who voted for Hillary, or the deplorables who voted for Trump?

That group you call out didn't really vote CID...
Estimates have ANTIFA followers at somewhere around 50,000 nation wide
That's "followers" actual members is less that 20,000

This ^ the part about the Russian Election meddling that people don't understand
ANTIF and BLM were advertising regularly in Ohio and Pennsylvania
and other similar places where they have zero interest and no knowledge they were even advertising
and no budget to advertise there... Yet advertise like crazy they did (somehow)

and the Deplorable's were frightened and alarmed

Russia successfully gave the appearance of an overwhelming force of ANTIFA and BLM
when in actuality they are smaller than a single chapter of a Regional NRA association

:nod:

This is how you throw an election in America
Last edited by Chizzang on Tue May 15, 2018 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Chizzang wrote:
CID1990 wrote:

This ^ the part about the Russian Election meddling that people don't understand
and other similar places where they have zero interest and no knowledge they were even advertising
and no budget to advertise there... Yes advertise like crazy they did

Russia successfully gave the appearance of an overwhelming force of ANTIFA and BLM
when in actuality they are smaller than a single chapter of a Regional NRA association

so the same 20,000 just drove around the country rioting from place to place an burning buildings & cars?
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

AZGrizFan wrote:
Chizzang wrote:

and no budget to advertise there... Yes advertise like crazy they did

so the same 20,000 just drove around the country rioting from place to place an burning buildings & cars?
I'll slow it down for you...
Facebook and social media advertisements are not "Riots" they are just pictures of riots
frequently with bad information in the tag line...

Please identify every ANTIF Riot that "actually" happened outside of NYC, Philly and Berkeley SF area???

Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Chizzang wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
I'll slow it down for you...
Facebook and social media advertisements are not "Riots" they are just pictures of riots
frequently with bad information in the tag line...

Please identify every ANTIF Riot that "actually" happened outside of NYC, Philly and Berkeley SF area???

I don't recall any ANTIFA rioting in Philly. Heck, not even much of a BLM presence here. I think overinflating of ANTIFA is like the overinflating of white nationalists and KKK - sure, they both exist, but in far smaller numbers in reality than in the minds of the respective partisan sides that see those groups as evidence of evil incarnate from the other side.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote:
kalm wrote:

Hey, numbnut: Personally, I didn't vote for Trump, so he wasn't talking about me to begin with. The fact he sunk to the progressive baseline of identity politics and associates anyone who DIDN'T vote for Hillary as "deplorable" is the problem, and the primary reason why donks won't win houses, senates, governorships, or presidencies any time soon. The just can't shut their whore mouths and can't seem to grasp that just because someone else doesn't think like them doesn't make them the devil.
Oh yeah...sorry. :oops: It's easy to forget with you being so triggered by Hillary's comment, JSO's fairly reasonable assessment of it, and you're rabid responses. :lol:

But hey, since "he sunk to the progressive baseline of identity politics and associates anyone who DIDN'T vote for Hillary as deplorable" I guess I too am deplorable. My brotha!!!

:rofl: