Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Re: Blue Wave 2018

Post by Winterborn »

Ibanez wrote:
kalm wrote:
Ask them how many bunnies, field mice, and ground squirrels were slaughtered harvesting and tilling those bean fields. Poor little buggers... :ohno:
I think they just get bopped on the head... :coffee:
Only the stupid ones get tenderized when beans are harvested since they are straight cut. As for tillage, they just turn in to fertilizer. Keeps the fields green and more productive.

What is bad is when a skunk decides to stand its ground and goes through the combine. It takes acres to get that stench out of the concaves. Those beans we charge extra for as it is used to make the flavored tofu.......
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Post by Col Hogan »

Winterborn wrote:
Ibanez wrote: I think they just get bopped on the head... :coffee:
Only the stupid ones get tenderized when beans are harvested since they are straight cut. As for tillage, they just turn in to fertilizer. Keeps the fields green and more productive.

What is bad is when a skunk decides to stand its ground and goes through the combine. It takes acres to get that stench out of the concaves. Those beans we charge extra for as it is used to make the flavored tofu.......
Reason #1046 for not eating tofu...

:rofl:
“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

Col Hogan wrote:
Winterborn wrote:

Have you ever eaten tofu? Like all things - if you prepare it properly it's good. It also takes on the flavor of whatever you give it...
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Post by Col Hogan »

Ibanez wrote:
Col Hogan wrote:

Have you ever eaten tofu? Like all things - if you prepare it properly it's good. It also takes on the flavor of whatever you give it...
Yes, I’ve eaten it... :kisswink:
“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

Col Hogan wrote:
Ibanez wrote: Have you ever eaten tofu? Like all things - if you prepare it properly it's good. It also takes on the flavor of whatever you give it...
Yes, I’ve eaten it... :kisswink:
I don't really care for it - my wife eats it.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Winterborn wrote:

:lol:

Don't forget that without this process, the seagulls and crows would go hungry. Why do vegans hate the seagulls and crows.... :ohno:
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

kalm wrote:
:lol:

Don't forget that without this process, the seagulls and crows would go hungry. Why do vegans hate the seagulls and crows.... :ohno:
Probably because vegans are racists against omnivores.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

CID1990 wrote:
houndawg wrote:

No pilot needs to be over ten tears old or be paid!

Huge savings in the cost of training pilots - they're already trained and ready to go!

Vastly improved safety - 80% of aviation accidents are pilot-error

Enormous reductions in the size/cost of overseas bases - all we'd need is a parking lot on an uninhabited piece of land. At last a use for Bouvet Island!
There's a lot of ignorance in these two posts...

But I agree on the overseas bases. I would begin with 100% drawdown in Korea and in Europe. That would knock out a good 75% of our overseas operating costs.

And yeah - why do we need carriers now that China is building them? The Chinese can have their turn at channel Alfred Thayer Mahan and maintain the sea lanes of communication

I'm sure they'll do a bang up job
Don't be such a wet blanket. :ohno:

People are becoming obsolete for modern warfare, we're the limiting factor now. Drones will be able to pull 20g's very soon. :nod:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Winterborn wrote:

I've picked up many a hay bale with a snake in it
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

houndawg wrote:
Winterborn wrote:

:nod: :nod:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

houndawg wrote:
Garter snakes were a regular occurrence. :nod: Got a live rattler once. F that. If it wasn't so dry out I would of started that bale on fire.

One of my brothers once baled a t-post. It went in just right, so that three different bales had sections of post in them. Dad was not amused the next time he inspected the baler's knife.

Only time we make small squares now is for the horse people since they pay extra for being able to handle them. Otherwise it is all round bales. Best part is no more worrying about grabbing a handful of thistles when trying to pickup a bale.

houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Winterborn wrote:
houndawg wrote:
Garter snakes were a regular occurrence. :nod: Got a live rattler once. F that. If it wasn't so dry out I would of started that bale on fire.

One of my brothers once baled a t-post. It went in just right, so that three different bales had sections of post in them. Dad was not amused the next time he inspected the baler's knife.

Only time we make small squares now is for the horse people since they pay extra for being able to handle them. Otherwise it is all round bales. Best part is no more worrying about grabbing a handful of thistles when trying to pickup a bale.
Same here mostly. Square bales are cheaper from the field and some tiny farms use them - you can raise a cow/calf unit on two acres here so there are a fair number of people raising a few head in order to sell enough to fill their freezer at low cost. I've considered haying in the square bale niche but it wouldn't justify the cost of a hay barn, equipment, and pasture improvement, especially at my age. I'm not buying any green bananas...
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

houndawg wrote:
CID1990 wrote:
There's a lot of ignorance in these two posts...

But I agree on the overseas bases. I would begin with 100% drawdown in Korea and in Europe. That would knock out a good 75% of our overseas operating costs.

And yeah - why do we need carriers now that China is building them? The Chinese can have their turn at channel Alfred Thayer Mahan and maintain the sea lanes of communication

I'm sure they'll do a bang up job
Don't be such a wet blanket. :ohno:

People are becoming obsolete for modern warfare, we're the limiting factor now. Drones will be able to pull 20g's very soon. :nod:
Missiles fired from planes sporting the Mk I Mod 0 eyeball have been able to pull 20 Gs since around the time of the Vietnam War

And the systems required to control your bot air force will survive exactly 18 minutes in a full on conflict with another power like China. And the technology to deny us that battlefield is rapidly becoming off the shelf tech - soon the benchwarmers will be able to do it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

Winterborn wrote:
houndawg wrote:

We stopped doing the round bales at home

it turned out the cows werent getting a square meal

JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

This thread appears to have swerved even more wildly off topic than that one about Hurricane Beryl did.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

JohnStOnge wrote:This thread appears to have swerved even more wildly off topic than that one about Hurricane Beryl did.
Maybe you should get it back on track with a 5000 word epistle on Trump then

JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

CID1990 wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:This thread appears to have swerved even more wildly off topic than that one about Hurricane Beryl did.

5,000 words aren't necessary. We need for the Democrats to take control of at least one House of Congress in order to have a situation in which Trump is held accountable and the Justice Department can investigate things without constant harassment from a bunch of Republicans in Congress running interference for a President who is acting like he's guilty of something. Right now it looks like that COULD happen but it's a close call. Let's hope, for the long term good of the country, that we have an economic disturbance around the end of the summer persisting through election day. That would be the best case scenario.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

JohnStOnge wrote:
CID1990 wrote:

5,000 words aren't necessary. We need for the Democrats to take control of at least one House of Congress in order to have a situation in which Trump is held accountable and the Justice Department can investigate things without constant harassment from a bunch of Republicans in Congress running interference for a President who is acting like he's guilty of something. Right now it looks like that COULD happen but it's a close call. Let's hope, for the long term good of the country, that we have an economic disturbance around the end of the summer persisting through election day. That would be the best case scenario.
Jesus H. Sebastian Christ. Go jump in a bayou.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

JohnStOnge wrote:
CID1990 wrote:

5,000 words aren't necessary.
All evidence to the contrary.

Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

CID1990 wrote:
We stopped doing the round bales at home

it turned out the cows werent getting a square meal

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :notworthy:

SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

kalm wrote:
SDHornet wrote: So now leftists are pimping political representation redistribution to go along with their wealth redistribution ideas? :lol:
Wealth redistribution can go both ways, Ayn Hornet, and guess which way it’s been going for the last 30 years?

Less democracy via a less powerful middle class is a good thing when you’re at the top. :nod:
Yup, just look at all those Rust Belt areas that have been controlled by D's for the better half of the last century. Really did the middle class some wonders. :coffee:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SDHornet wrote:
kalm wrote:
Wealth redistribution can go both ways, Ayn Hornet, and guess which way it’s been going for the last 30 years?

Less democracy via a less powerful middle class is a good thing when you’re at the top. :nod:
Yup, just look at all those Rust Belt areas that have been controlled by D's for the better half of the last century. Really did the middle class some wonders. :coffee:
Yeah...that had zero to do with neo-liberalism, international economics, trade, and conk management. :coffee:
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

JohnStOnge wrote: 5,000 words aren't necessary. We need for the Democrats to take control of at least one House of Congress in order to have a situation in which Trump is held accountable and the Justice Department can investigate things without constant harassment from a bunch of Republicans in Congress running interference for a President who is acting like he's guilty of something. Right now it looks like that COULD happen but it's a close call. Let's hope, for the long term good of the country, that we have an economic disturbance around the end of the summer persisting through election day. That would be the best case scenario.
That's just great. So you are hoping people lose their jobs and companies go out of business (real life negative impacts) just because your feathers are ruffled (emotional impact). :ohno: :ohno: :ohno:
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

kalm wrote:
SDHornet wrote: Yup, just look at all those Rust Belt areas that have been controlled by D's for the better half of the last century. Really did the middle class some wonders. :coffee:
Yeah...that had zero to do with neo-liberalism, international economics, trade, and conk management. :coffee:
Don't forget the Designated Hitter. :coffee:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

CAA Flagship wrote:
kalm wrote:
Don't forget the Designated Hitter. :coffee: