Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Re: Blue Wave 2018

Post by Ibanez »

SDHornet wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:
No because it's reasonable to believe that if Mueller finds stuff on Trump and the Republicans are still in charge of both houses of Congress they will just spike it. It's pretty obvious that the Republican Congress is running interference for Trump right now. We need the Democrats in control of at least one House.
So can you explain how a mentally ill person (your words) like Trump has been able to hide/cover up his Russian collusion from the DOJ, FBI, CIA this long? What is taking Mueller so long? Wouldn't such evidence be so readily available that Trump would have been impeached by now?

Maybe this should be moved to the thread that is dedicated to it...you know the one jellybelly started a year and a half ago.

:coffee:
Trumps a real, special boy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

Chizzang wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote: So ANTIFA is a product of the Russians?

My niece (a proud member) will be crushed.
That might be the dumbest thing you've ever posted...
And you posted some doozies

ANTIFA is real and nobody disputes that and so is BLM
But neither organization spent a dollar advertising on social media in Ohio and Pennsylvania
Yet somehow those states were absolutely plastered with BLM and ANTIFA rhetoric

If you can't see that having an awakening (even terrifying) effect on regular folks you're willfully stupid
and it already worked on you as it had you believing a falsehood
and even good ol balanced keel CID was aroused by the misinformation campaign

It worked... That much is patently obvious
To what extent exactly is yet undetermined

:nod:
You should have seen it back in the day when the (gasp) hippies convinced the establishment that they got high smoking banana peel..
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

SDHornet wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:
No because it's reasonable to believe that if Mueller finds stuff on Trump and the Republicans are still in charge of both houses of Congress they will just spike it. It's pretty obvious that the Republican Congress is running interference for Trump right now. We need the Democrats in control of at least one House.
So can you explain how a mentally ill person (your words) like Trump has been able to hide/cover up his Russian collusion from the DOJ, FBI, CIA this long? What is taking Mueller so long? Wouldn't such evidence be so readily available that Trump would have been impeached by now?

Maybe this should be moved to the thread that is dedicated to it...you know the one jellybelly started a year and a half ago.

Wut? It took Starr six years...
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

SDHornet wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:
So can you explain how a mentally ill person (your words) like Trump has been able to hide/cover up his Russian collusion from the DOJ, FBI, CIA this long? What is taking Mueller so long? Wouldn't such evidence be so readily available that Trump would have been impeached by now? :
I don't know if there was any Russian collusion. And if there was Russian collusion I don't know that Trump has been able to hide it from the DOJ and FBI. We don't know what Mueller has.

What I am saying is that if it turns out that Trump did do some things that ought to get him in trouble and the FBI finds them the Republican Congress will run interference for him. We need for the Democrats to be in control of at least one House of Congress so that if evidence does emerge it will be acted upon. It won't be acted upon if the Republicans are in control of both Houses of Congress. It's pretty clear that they are completely corrupted by the Trump phenomenon right now.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

On the question of "What is taking Mueller so long?"

Here is an article with historical context:

http://www.businessinsider.com/how-long ... ump-2017-6

Here is the bottom line:
Special prosecutor investigations take an average of 904 days, much longer than Mueller's investigation.
But, of course, we know that the whole modus operandi of Trump and his allies is misinformation and distortion. So it's no surprise that they'd be trying to act like we should expect this investigation to be over already or over in the near future when that is not a rational expectation.
Could I ever be a star?

SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

houndawg wrote:
SDHornet wrote: So can you explain how a mentally ill person (your words) like Trump has been able to hide/cover up his Russian collusion from the DOJ, FBI, CIA this long? What is taking Mueller so long? Wouldn't such evidence be so readily available that Trump would have been impeached by now?

Yeah bit given the context of Trump being "mentally ill", what's taking so long? This should be an open and shut case no?
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

SDHornet wrote:
houndawg wrote:
Yeah bit given the context of Trump being "mentally ill", what's taking so long? This should be an open and shut case no?
What's the hurry? :?

These things take time and the money laundering alone will take years to unravel. Be patient. Like Mueller. :coffee:
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

:?
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

Baldy wrote: :?
Don’t measure the drapes in the Speaker’s office yet, Botox girl! :mrgreen:
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

And that poll oversampled D's by 8%.

:lol:
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Ivytalk wrote:
Don’t measure the drapes in the Speaker’s office yet, Botox girl! :mrgreen:
They might want to speak to crazy Auntie Maxine and get her to pipe down

she's not helping

"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

HI54UNI wrote:

The poll was designed by JSO...
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Ivytalk wrote:
HI54UNI wrote:

The poll was designed by JSO...
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

CID1990 wrote:
Ivytalk wrote: Don’t measure the drapes in the Speaker’s office yet, Botox girl! :mrgreen:

she's not helping

No shit. So what happens when someone harassing a DHS employee goes over the line and someone gets hurt or killed?
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

SDHornet wrote:
CID1990 wrote:

she's not helping

No shit. So what happens when someone harassing a DHS employee goes over the line and someone gets hurt or killed?

Seems to me that lesser people have been sued (convicted?) for the actions of others in similar situations.

Either way _ Waters needs to pipe down. She's inciting violence against the government - which isn't that some sort of crime? :coffee: :lol:

http://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/ ... -mentality

Simply put, the legacy media has destroyed much of the middle ground for debate. They’re playing brinkmanship with President Trump, each stacking another joker on an impossibly high house of cards. Now, with the death of Charles Krauthammer and the sidelining of mainstream Republican thinkers from polite society, the issue is only getting worse.

In selling the Iran Deal with lies, President Obama’s deputy national security adviser for strategic communications, Ben Rhodes, famously said afterward: “The average reporter we talk to is 27 years old, and their only reporting experience consists of being around political campaigns. That’s a sea change. They literally know nothing.” In the age of Trump, this is happening writ-large.

Conservatives aren’t perfect. And the owner of the Red Hen had the legal right to refuse service to Huckabee Sanders. However, this sort of chaotic behavior is now mainstream only on the left: Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) was shouted down in Florida; Department of Homeland Security Secretary Kierstjen Nielsen was howled at as she ate in a restaurant (with bonus outrage points that anyone linked to Trump would eat at a Mexican joint); Florida Attorney General Pam Bondi was heckled while trying to watch a documentary on Mr. Rogers. (Perhaps the mob didn’t get the whole point of Mr. Rogers.)

Rep. Maxine Waters (D-Calif.) poured gasoline on the fire, calling for more. A member of Congress playing a wink-and-nod game with mob violence lends a dangerous legitimacy to an already-tenuous situation.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

SDHornet wrote:
CID1990 wrote:

she's not helping

No ****. So what happens when someone harassing a DHS employee goes over the line and someone gets hurt or killed?
Thats just patriotic Americans pushing back at Trump's jack-booted thugs. :coffee:
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

HI54UNI wrote:

On what basis do you say that? I'm sure someone must've said it. But I'm looking at question 40 in the poll and I'm not seeing it.

In any case, the statistical survey for a "this or that" question is one in which you don't worry about trying to control the percentages in different groups surveyed. The ideal would be to collect a true random sample from the entire population. That would give you the most robust result.

That's not possible. But that's the ideal.

Now, I will say that I do not trust the YouGov poll anyway because it is an entirely on line poll. I'm not saying it's worthless but the best polls are those that are "live caller" polls that include both landlines and cell phones.
Could I ever be a star?

JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

Now for why I came here. Encouraging result from Gallup today. Trump job approval went from a disturbing "only" -5 last week to -14 this week. That kind of change in the estimates indicates virtual certainty of real change.

I monitor Gallup because they do week by week sampling whereby each estimate is independent of the previous estimate. There is very high confidence that Trump's job approval went down in association with all the stuff about immigration this past week.

Of course it's week by week and Trump is doubling down and trying stuff in his unique and totally dishonest way. We'll see how it works. And it's a long way until the mid terms.

But another thing that's going on is that the impacts of Trump's protectionist trade policies are starting to manifest. Notice that Trump's not talking a lot about the stock market nowadays.
Could I ever be a star?

JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

I could put this in the thread about making America great again when it was already great but it's good for here as well"

https://www.wsj.com/articles/harley-dav ... 1529927301
Harley-Davidson Inc. plans to shift more production overseas to avoid European Union tariffs on its iconic motorcycles, the latest manufacturer to reconfigure operations amid a widening global trade fight.
Could I ever be a star?

JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

HI54UNI wrote:

Just to go back and provide some data behind why I asked why you say that, here is a Pew Research discussion:

http://www.people-press.org/2018/03/20/ ... ic-groups/

A quote:
IIn Pew Research Center surveys conducted in 2017, 37% of registered voters identified as independents, 33% as Democrats and 26% as Republicans. When the partisan leanings of independents are taken into account, 50% either identify as Democrats or lean Democratic;
The poll you guys are talking about indicates that 32% are Democrats and 40% are either Democrat or lean Democrat.
Could I ever be a star?

SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

I guess I'll just leave this here:

phpBB [video]
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

SDHornet wrote:I guess I'll just leave this here:

phpBB [video]

Translation: I got nuthin'. Again.

houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Ibanez wrote:
SDHornet wrote: No ****. So what happens when someone harassing a DHS employee goes over the line and someone gets hurt or killed?

Seems to me that lesser people have been sued (convicted?) for the actions of others in similar situations.

Either way _ Waters needs to pipe down. She's inciting violence against the government - which isn't that some sort of crime? :coffee: :lol:

http://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/ ... -mentality

Simply put, the legacy media has destroyed much of the middle ground for debate. They’re playing brinkmanship with President Trump, each stacking another joker on an impossibly high house of cards. Now, with the death of Charles Krauthammer and the sidelining of mainstream Republican thinkers from polite society, the issue is only getting worse.

In selling the Iran Deal with lies, President Obama’s deputy national security adviser for strategic communications, Ben Rhodes, famously said afterward: “The average reporter we talk to is 27 years old, and their only reporting experience consists of being around political campaigns. That’s a sea change. They literally know nothing.” In the age of Trump, this is happening writ-large.

Conservatives aren’t perfect. And the owner of the Red Hen had the legal right to refuse service to Huckabee Sanders. However, this sort of chaotic behavior is now mainstream only on the left: Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) was shouted down in Florida; Department of Homeland Security Secretary Kierstjen Nielsen was howled at as she ate in a restaurant (with bonus outrage points that anyone linked to Trump would eat at a Mexican joint); Florida Attorney General Pam Bondi was heckled while trying to watch a documentary on Mr. Rogers. (Perhaps the mob didn’t get the whole point of Mr. Rogers.)

Rep. Maxine Waters (D-Calif.) poured gasoline on the fire, calling for more. A member of Congress playing a wink-and-nod game with mob violence lends a dangerous legitimacy to an already-tenuous situation.
Looks like she isn't as good at pouring gas on the fire as Milo is. :coffee:
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

All they had to do was not go insane. :lol:

:rofl:
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian