Political discussions
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Re: Alternate CNN headline: “Hitler Steals Show at Olympics”

Post by 89Hen »

I do love that the media is trying to portray this as something new, newsworthy, or anything really. :coffee:

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

89Hen wrote:I do love that the media is trying to portray this as something new, newsworthy, or anything really. :coffee:
Well, while it is the 4th time now that North and South Korea have marched in the Opening Ceremonies together, it is the first time that it's been done on South Korean soil and it is the first time that there will be athletes competing together in an actual sporting event as the women's hockey team is a combined team. Of course, you don't get that kind of nuanced, investigate the story and report accurately kind of mentality from the media anymore. Heck, you could argue that South Korea really needed to get as much reinforcements as they could since they don't have any real history of depth in women's ice hockey. This will be the only time they ever play in the Olympics unless they host again.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

I guess one could quibble with the headline but I don't think the article is off the wall. It talks about her brother being a brutal dictator and how, while some are curious and/or accepting, others are skeptical. I'm not seeing it as an "OH SHE'S GREAT" piece. To me it talks about what the North Koreans are TRYING to do with her.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

JohnStOnge wrote:I guess one could quibble with the headline but I don't think the article is off the wall. It talks about her brother being a brutal dictator and how, while some are curious and/or accepting, others are skeptical. I'm not seeing it as an "OH SHE'S GREAT" piece. To me it talks about what the North Koreans are TRYING to do with her.
Yes, John - completely objective - the headline literally says "steals show" - that's not hyperbole

The propaganda and agitation chief for her brother, who actually runs real death camps, starves his citizens to death, and on and on... she's being painted in a charming positive light here - and CNN's coverage of her has been well criticized from all over the place.

Pick a vile tyrant anywhere in this world - they all take a distant second behind the Kims - you literally have to go back to Pol Pot, Mao or Stalin to find someone close to being in their league

CNN apparently thinks it is OK to have conniption fits over a President who is a disgusting cad, a corrupt real estate mogul, but a Gulag Princess with actual blood on her hands gets the even treatment?

If Trump was arguing for making nice with the Norks, or praising this development as a result of his hard stance with Jong Un, you and CNN would be howling about what a Cruella De Ville this cvnt is.
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

Looks like Tucker is criticizing what the media is saying and that web article is using quotation marks. Don't see the comparison there. :?
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Quotation marks make all the difference. :lol:
Kim Jong Un’s sister made a flashy arrival in South Korea on Friday to attend the opening ceremony of the 2018 Winter Olympics, making history as she became the first member of North Korea's Kim dynasty to visit the neighboring nation.

Arriving on her brother's white private jet for a three-day visit, Kim Yo Jong -- known as North Korea's "Ivanka" -- smiled as a group of South Korean officials and heavily armed guards greeted her at Incheon International Airport.
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2018/02/09 ... -moon.html
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

Skjellyfetti wrote:Quotation marks make all the difference. :lol:
Kim Jong Un’s sister made a flashy arrival in South Korea on Friday to attend the opening ceremony of the 2018 Winter Olympics, making history as she became the first member of North Korea's Kim dynasty to visit the neighboring nation.

Arriving on her brother's white private jet for a three-day visit, Kim Yo Jong -- known as North Korea's "Ivanka" -- smiled as a group of South Korean officials and heavily armed guards greeted her at Incheon International Airport.
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2018/02/09 ... -moon.html
There's those quotation marks again.
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

CNN master trolling...

:nod:
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
Silenoz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana

Post by Silenoz »

Chizzang wrote:So since we now attribute obvious insanity to "Brilliant Trolling" on this site
We can only assume CNN and the Liberal Media are Trolling the Right

To great success I might add...

:coffee:
This is the new go-to for everyone. Get ready.
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

CID1990 wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:I guess one could quibble with the headline but I don't think the article is off the wall. It talks about her brother being a brutal dictator and how, while some are curious and/or accepting, others are skeptical. I'm not seeing it as an "OH SHE'S GREAT" piece. To me it talks about what the North Koreans are TRYING to do with her.
Yes, John - completely objective - the headline literally says "steals show" - that's not hyperbole

The propaganda and agitation chief for her brother, who actually runs real death camps, starves his citizens to death, and on and on... she's being painted in a charming positive light here - and CNN's coverage of her has been well criticized from all over the place.

Pick a vile tyrant anywhere in this world - they all take a distant second behind the Kims - you literally have to go back to Pol Pot, Mao or Stalin to find someone close to being in their league

CNN apparently thinks it is OK to have conniption fits over a President who is a disgusting cad, a corrupt real estate mogul, but a Gulag Princess with actual blood on her hands gets the even treatment?

If Trump was arguing for making nice with the Norks, or praising this development as a result of his hard stance with Jong Un, you and CNN would be howling about what a Cruella De Ville this cvnt is.
Again, I view the article as talking about what the North Koreans are TRYING to do with her. I don't view it as dismissing the obvious problems with the North Korean regime.
Could I ever be a star?

JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

BTW Ivanka's pretty bad too. Not THAT bad. But pretty bad. If she had integrity she would not be supporting her Father.
Could I ever be a star?

CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

JohnStOnge wrote:BTW Ivanka's pretty bad too. Not THAT bad. But pretty bad. If she had integrity she would not be supporting her Father.
LAWL

This might be our first "BUT IVANKA"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

JohnStOnge wrote:BTW Ivanka's pretty bad too. Not THAT bad. But pretty bad. If she had integrity she would not be supporting her Father.
TDS noted

If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

Haven’t you heard of filial loyalty? The Mafia families understand that concept. So should you.

And Ivanka’s way hotter than that NorKor trollop.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

CID1990 wrote:

Great post.

Especially throwing in a “conniption fits” when referring to CNN. :lol:
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

JohnStOnge wrote:
CID1990 wrote:

Again, I view the article as talking about what the North Koreans are TRYING to do with her. I don't view it as dismissing the obvious problems with the North Korean regime.
I view it as what NorKors are trying to do her. :nod:
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

CID1990 wrote:
LAWL

It's the truth. If Ivanka had any integrity she would never have supported the idea of the atrocity that is her father becoming President of the United States.
Could I ever be a star?

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

JohnStOnge wrote:
CID1990 wrote:
LAWL

It's the truth. If Ivanka had any integrity she would never have supported the idea of the atrocity that is her father becoming President of the United States.
Jesus H. TTYFKN Christ. :ohno:

TDSOCD
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

JohnStOnge wrote:
CID1990 wrote:
LAWL

Your wife voted for Trump.
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire