Political discussions
css75
Level3
Level3

Military Parade...

Post by css75 »

Grizalltheway wrote:
css75 wrote:

I just consider the source and ignore him. Just wanted to see if one of you 2 would respond, bingo.
If the parade would honor the military and vets for their service it would be a good thing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
How about at least attempting to fix the **** VA if he really wants to honor them?

That would be a huge accomplishment if that could be done, the amount of money going to waste their is huge.

kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Re: Military Parade...

Post by kalm »

css75 wrote:
Grizalltheway wrote: How about at least attempting to fix the **** VA if he really wants to honor them?

That would be a huge accomplishment if that could be done, the amount of money going to waste their is huge.

Where is the waste going to?
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

Another example of the fact that we have a serious problem in that there were about 63 million people in our population who would vote for an atrocity like this guy is. That's a bigger problem than Trump himself is. That's a problem for our country. We depend on the quality of our People. And there is a problem with the quality of our People when 63 million of them would vote for somebody like that under ANY circumstances.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Re: RE: Re: Military Parade...

Post by SeattleGriz »

JohnStOnge wrote:Another example of the fact that we have a serious problem in that there were about 63 million people in our population who would vote for an atrocity like this guy is. That's a bigger problem than Trump himself is. That's a problem for our country. We depend on the quality of our People. And there is a problem with the quality of our People when 63 million of them would vote for somebody like that under ANY circumstances.
You're really saying people should have voted for Hillary? Hilarious.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

JohnStOnge wrote:Another example of the fact that we have a serious problem in that there were about 63 million people in our population who would vote for an atrocity like this guy is. That's a bigger problem than Trump himself is. That's a problem for our country. We depend on the quality of our People. And there is a problem with the quality of our People when 63 million of them would vote for somebody like that under ANY circumstances.
And 60+ million who were stupid enough to vote for Obama twice. etc., etc.

And the beat goes on.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Re: RE: Re: Military Parade...

Post by UNI88 »

houndawg wrote:
kalm wrote:
I’ve tried to warn you guys about labels before....

And to be quite honest living in Uber conk E WA, there is way more criticism of Trump coming from the right than there was of Obama coming from the left.
Same here in the middle of the ultra-red Heartland. :nod: Although the criticism, because they're polite not like those goons up in Chicago, , is a little muted - implicit in the sudden spike in in the number of foaming-mouthed Trumplets that suddenly "don't keep up with politics much" and the rapidly dwindling number of hand-painted "tRUmp!!" signs leaning against old Farmalls that haven't moved in 75 years.
The Heartland might be ultra-red but you live in true blue Illinois and those goons from Chicago are oh so blue too.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
css75
Level3
Level3

Military Parade...

Post by css75 »

kalm wrote:
css75 wrote:

Paying a physician to go to Germany and back to give a 1 hour speech.
Paying a disgruntled employee over a year to stay home while they figure out what to do with her.
Building a department conference room with a retractable roof.
Paying union leaders full time to work solely on union work and not working their job at all.
A Director marrying a GS 5 secretary, promoting her to a GS 9, then shortly after that getting her retired on “disability”.
A clerk who was bedding down an associate director, after breaking up threatened to give local media pillow talk info, was given a large undisclosed sum of money to go away.

Multiply those few examples by about 200 facilities.

Is that enough?

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

css75 wrote:
kalm wrote:
Paying a disgruntled employee over a year to stay home while they figure out what to do with her.
Paying union leaders full time to work solely on union work and not working their job at all.
A Director marrying a GS 5 secretary, promoting her to a GS 9, then shortly after that getting her retired on “disability”.
A clerk who was bedding down an associate director, after breaking up threatened to give local media pillow talk info, was given a large undisclosed sum of money to go away.

Is that enough?

And that only happens at the V.A.? But yes, there certainly is a ton of waste that needs fixing. I have a good friend who's a Pharm D with the VA and have heard the frustrations.
css75
Level3
Level3

Post by css75 »

kalm wrote:
css75 wrote:

Is that enough?

And that only happens at the V.A.? But yes, there certainly is a ton of waste that needs fixing. I have a good friend who's a Pharm D with the VA and have heard the frustrations.

I am quite confident these things happen at most federal agencies, and also a lot of state and local ones.

AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote:
css75 wrote:

Is that enough?

:rofl: Yeah. Only the VA....

I realize that was tongue-in-cheek....and yet people wonder why anyone with a brainstem didn’t want the government getting into civilian healthcare.
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote:
kalm wrote:

I realize that was tongue-in-cheek....and yet people wonder why anyone with a brainstem didn’t want the government getting into civilian healthcare.
Hint: it also happens in the private sector.

I want private providers and manufacturers. Medicare part E is simply the insurance side.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:

I want private providers and manufacturers. Medicare part E is simply the insurance side.
Yes, it happens in the private sector. But then I have CHOICE (for the most part)...and waste and mismanagement has a tendency to weed out the worst participants...whereas the federal government has no impetus to be efficient...they have no competitors.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote:
kalm wrote:

Yes, it happens in the private sector. But then I have CHOICE (for the most part)...and waste and mismanagement has a tendency to weed out the worst participants...whereas the federal government has no impetus to be efficient...they have no competitors.
Valid point and the biggest concern. Government is the ultimate monopoly.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

kalm wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
Yes, indeed. But is there an ultimate monopsony?
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Ivytalk wrote:
kalm wrote:
Yes, indeed. But is there an ultimate monopsony?
Of course and I’ll grant you an interesting point (sensing a trap). Defense industry for starters?
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote:
Ivytalk wrote: Yes, indeed. But is there an ultimate monopsony?
Of course and I’ll grant you an interesting point (sensing a trap). Defense industry for starters?
Surely it sets the market and drives prices/demand globally, given the size of our expenditures compared to the rest of the world....probably the best example.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

kalm wrote:
Ivytalk wrote: Yes, indeed. But is there an ultimate monopsony?
Actually it was an honest question, not a trap. Is there an industry with so much market power that, as purchasers, it drives prices down to such a degree that sellers can’t make any money? With the defense industry, you read about the $5,000 toilet seats and all. I was thinking about Wal-Mart (in its prime) as a possible example, but Amazon is now horning in on its territory.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.