Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Re: THE REAL MLK!!!!!

Post by CID1990 »

dal4018 wrote:
CID1990 wrote:
Are you saying that isn't possible?

Unless your older brother was actually a Tuskeegee Airman, then I'm guessing he wasn't alive during WWII, and therefore would get his info from the same places a white guy of similar age would.

I guarantee you I know more about the Tuskeegee Airmen than most people - white OR black

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This person and my brother were in the same age bracket (40s)so how was it that he knew about these black men and my brother did not!!!!!!
I dunno... maybe he read a book!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's a test for you, Dal.

Are you familiar with the Walterboro incident involving a Tuskegee Airman? I'll give you a hint: it involves an ice cream counter at a drugstore. Let's see if a white dude might know more about this subject than you.
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
andy7171
Firefly
Firefly
I am a fan of: Wiping.
A.K.A.: HE HATE ME

Post by andy7171 »

dal4018 wrote:
CID1990 wrote:

Unless your older brother was actually a Tuskeegee Airman, then I'm guessing he wasn't alive during WWII, and therefore would get his info from the same places a white guy of similar age would.

I guarantee you I know more about the Tuskeegee Airmen than most people - white OR black

This person and my brother were in the same age bracket (40s)so how was it that he knew about these black men and my brother did not!!!!!!
RIF!!!!!!

"Elaine, you're from Baltimore, right?"
"Yes, well, Towson actually."
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

I'm all for embracing MLKs complexity...from the labor movement involvement to the war protesting to the plagiarism and communist sympathizing assiciates.

And let's just say I have a hunch if he were around today he'd be a victim of #metoo.

It's fine to venerate him because he's earned it but take the halo off and look at the whole picture.
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
andy7171
Firefly
Firefly

Post by andy7171 »

Pwns wrote:I'm all for embracing MLKs complexity...from the labor movement involvement to the war protesting to the plagiarism and communist sympathizing assiciates.

And let's just say I have a hunch if he were around today he'd be a victim of #metoo.

It's fine to venerate him because he's earned it but take the halo off and look at the whole picture.
OH NO HE DIDDEN!!!
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

dal4018 wrote:
CID1990 wrote:

Are you asserting that a white person isn't capable of knowing more than a black person about something like Tuskegee? That's racist, dal. It's mostly ignorant, but it's racist.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
andy7171
Firefly
Firefly

Post by andy7171 »

I don't think its racist. I think its just stupid.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

andy7171 wrote:I don't think its racist. I think its just stupid.
I'm just throwing his shit back at him. Saying it's not possible for a person of 1 race to know something of another race is pretty stupid. But it comes from a place of prejudice. :twocents:

But yeah - it's very stupid.
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

Dal... I’m waiting....
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

CID1990 wrote:Dal... I’m waiting....
He's trying to Google it. Give him a year or 2.
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

Ibanez wrote:
He's trying to Google it. Give him a year or 2.
It isn't out there on Google, to my knowledge. I heard the story directly from a <ahem> Tuskegee Airman. It was reprinted in the P&C, I believe. I have not been able to find it online.

They had a reunion in Charleston some years back, and if there's any public gathering of people who ever flew piston engine planes in combat happening near me, I go. (especially Tuskegee Airmen)

dal4018
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: South Carolina St
A.K.A.: SC State

Post by dal4018 »

grizzaholic wrote:
dal4018 wrote: Again this is the MLK we as black ppl should have seen in the early '60s instead of promoting the lie of Integration!!!!!
So when your neighbor is selling drugs or stealing should you report them??

I am confused.
What does drugs and stealing have to do with the video you saw???
Last edited by dal4018 on Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

Waiting on what????
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

Ibanez wrote:
dal4018 wrote:This person and my brother were in the same age bracket (40s)so how was it that he knew about these black men and my brother did not!!!!!!
Are you asserting that a white person isn't capable of knowing more than a black person about something like Tuskegee? That's racist, dal. It's mostly ignorant, but it's racist.
My point was black ppl were denied access to knowledge about our ppl's past accomplishments!!!!This video with MLK is a perfect example we have been inundated with his " I HAVE A DREAM SPEECH" as if that was the only noteworthy speech he has ever made in his life.
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

dal4018 wrote:
Waiting on what????
Why don't you scroll back up and read!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

dal4018 wrote:
Ibanez wrote: Are you asserting that a white person isn't capable of knowing more than a black person about something like Tuskegee? That's racist, dal. It's mostly ignorant, but it's racist.
My point was black ppl were denied access to knowledge about our ppl's past accomplishments!!!!This video with MLK is a perfect example we have been inundated with his " I HAVE A DREAM SPEECH" as if that was the only noteworthy speech he has ever made in his life.
Blacks aren’t being denied access to Buffalo Soldiers, Tuskegee Airmen, etc....

If blacks don’t know about their history then it’s their own fault. Same goes for ANYONE.

HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

CID1990 wrote:
dal4018 wrote: Waiting on what????
Why don't you scroll back up and read!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
phpBB [video]
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

CID1990 wrote:
dal4018 wrote:This person and my brother were in the same age bracket (40s)so how was it that he knew about these black men and my brother did not!!!!!!

Are you familiar with the Walterboro incident involving a Tuskegee Airman? I'll give you a hint: it involves an ice cream counter at a drugstore. Let's see if a white dude might know more about this subject than you.
My brother is a well read individual but you still fail to realize WHITE AMERICANS had a obvious advantage YOU WERE ALLOWED TO EXPAND YOUR EDUCATIONAL KNOWLEDGE without fear of death!!!!!!!
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

dal4018 wrote:
CID1990 wrote:

My brother is a well read individual but you still fail to realize WHITE AMERICANS had a obvious advantage YOU WERE ALLOWED TO EXPAND YOUR EDUCATIONAL KNOWLEDGE without fear of death!!!!!!!
Wow. Jim Crow is over, man. Black enrollment in college is up. The National Guard isn't lining the sidewalks so blacks can safely get an education. Times have changed brother, get with the program. :twocents: You can't keep clinging to the injustices and the problems of the past, especially when great strides have been made to make sure those same injustices don't reoccur. Blacks today have so many opportunities to learn in class, online and provide for themselves and their families that, 50 years ago, wasn't widely available.
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

Ibanez wrote:
dal4018 wrote: My brother is a well read individual but you still fail to realize WHITE AMERICANS had a obvious advantage YOU WERE ALLOWED TO EXPAND YOUR EDUCATIONAL KNOWLEDGE without fear of death!!!!!!!
Wow. Jim Crow is over, man. Black enrollment in college is up. The National Guard isn't lining the sidewalks so blacks can safely get an education. Times have changed brother, get with the program. :twocents: You can't keep clinging to the injustices and the problems of the past, especially when great strides have been made to make sure those same injustices don't reoccur. Blacks today have so many opportunities to learn in class, online and provide for themselves and their families that, 50 years ago, wasn't widely available.
If you REALLY think Jim Crow is over I have HUGE surprise for you read the book THE NEW JIM CROW written by MICHELLE ALEXANDER this book was recently taken off the reading list by NJ Prisons but the ACLU in New Jersey declared this move to be UNCONSTITUTIONAL!!!!
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

Ibanez wrote:
dal4018 wrote: My point was black ppl were denied access to knowledge about our ppl's past accomplishments!!!!This video with MLK is a perfect example we have been inundated with his " I HAVE A DREAM SPEECH" as if that was the only noteworthy speech he has ever made in his life.
Blacks aren’t being denied access to Buffalo Soldiers, Tuskegee Airmen, etc....

If blacks don’t know about their history then it’s their own fault. Same goes for ANYONE.

In the past that was true we now we know about those brave men and what they endured in their lifetime.The lack of knowledge for black ppl its a after effect of slavery.
grizzaholic
One Man Wolfpack
One Man Wolfpack
I am a fan of: Hodgdon
A.K.A.: Random Mailer

Post by grizzaholic »

dal4018 wrote:
Ibanez wrote: Wow. Jim Crow is over, man. Black enrollment in college is up. The National Guard isn't lining the sidewalks so blacks can safely get an education. Times have changed brother, get with the program. :twocents: You can't keep clinging to the injustices and the problems of the past, especially when great strides have been made to make sure those same injustices don't reoccur. Blacks today have so many opportunities to learn in class, online and provide for themselves and their families that, 50 years ago, wasn't widely available.
If you REALLY think Jim Crow is over I have HUGE surprise for you read the book THE NEW JIM CROW written by MICHELLE ALEXANDER this book was recently taken off the reading list by NJ Prisons but the ACLU in New Jersey declared this move to be UNCONSTITUTIONAL!!!!
jstate83, is that you?
"What I'm saying is: You might have taken care of your wolf problem, but everyone around town is going to think of you as the crazy son of a bitch who bought land mines to get rid of wolves."

Justin Halpern
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

dal4018 wrote:
Ibanez wrote: Wow. Jim Crow is over, man. Black enrollment in college is up. The National Guard isn't lining the sidewalks so blacks can safely get an education. Times have changed brother, get with the program. :twocents: You can't keep clinging to the injustices and the problems of the past, especially when great strides have been made to make sure those same injustices don't reoccur. Blacks today have so many opportunities to learn in class, online and provide for themselves and their families that, 50 years ago, wasn't widely available.
:ohno: The only ones that are choosing to be seperate but equal are whiny college students who don't want to sit, eat,or sleep next to whites. Otherwise, you can eat in the same diner as me. Vote in the same elections as me. Jim Crow laws mandated racial segregation. Please show me the current laws that require the same. Please show me all the anti-black laws. I'll be waiting over there with Cid for your response.
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

dal4018 wrote:
CID1990 wrote:

I heard the story directly from a former Tuskegee Airman, Dal.

It had nothing to do with that book learnin' you were denied.

dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

Pwns wrote:I'm all for embracing MLKs complexity...from the labor movement involvement to the war protesting to the plagiarism and communist sympathizing assiciates.

MLK had nothing to do with Communism another lie created by the government.
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

CID1990 wrote:
dal4018 wrote: My brother is a well read individual but you still fail to realize WHITE AMERICANS had a obvious advantage YOU WERE ALLOWED TO EXPAND YOUR EDUCATIONAL KNOWLEDGE without fear of death!!!!!!!
I heard the story directly from a former Tuskegee Airman, Dal.

It had nothing to do with that book learnin' you were denied.

Okay you heard the story from a man that had to deal with racism straight forward.