Political discussions
andy7171
Firefly
Firefly
I am a fan of: Wiping.
A.K.A.: HE HATE ME

Re: "Shithole Countries"

Post by andy7171 »

So which is worse? Getting a military fighter plane numbers wrong or repeatedly calling those that serve corpsemen?
"Elaine, you're from Baltimore, right?"
"Yes, well, Towson actually."
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

JohnStOnge wrote:It was a stupid thing to say because it plays into the thing about him being a racist. It was particularly stupid to pick Norway as the contrasting example.
FWIW, apparently he had just met with the PM of Norway the day before so it was probably top of mind. Still looked bad.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

Ibanez wrote:So...where's the actual proof that he said it?
I'm sure he did.

BTW, last night was the first time I can ever remember a network news broadcast (local or national) deciding it was necessary to use/report one of the "seven".

Who will ever forget this one...

phpBB [video]

;)
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

"Shithole" is an anagram for "his hotel." :coffee:
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Politicians say all kind of stuff these days. Trump's poorly timed comment here is very akin to Hillary's "deplorable" comment - politicians writing off whole swaths of people on a whim. There's a reason I didn't vote for either of them in the past election. If you didn't get upset about the earlier comment I don't see how you can get upset about this one.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

89Hen wrote:
I'm sure he did.

BTW, last night was the first time I can ever remember a network news broadcast (local or national) deciding it was necessary to use/report one of the "seven".

phpBB [video]

;)
I believe he said it (or something close to it). I'm really interested in who the source was. I haven't heard yet - then again i've been in meetings this morning and have only read a brief article on this.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

89Hen wrote:
I'm sure he did.

phpBB [video]

;)
I Just watched that.... :lol: Looks (sounds) legit. :thumb:
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

Ibanez wrote:I believe he said it (or something close to it). I'm really interested in who the source was. I haven't heard yet - then again i've been in meetings this morning and have only read a brief article on this.
It was a joint meeting with Reps and Dems... plenty of people who would do it.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

89Hen wrote:
Ibanez wrote:I believe he said it (or something close to it). I'm really interested in who the source was. I haven't heard yet - then again i've been in meetings this morning and have only read a brief article on this.
It was a joint meeting with Reps and Dems... plenty of people who would do it.
Like I said - I believe it. Trump is his own worst enemy - bigly.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

Can't find the meme, but it was spot on. It essentially was pointing out the double standard on how the left (before this) says we cannot send the immigrants back to their home countries because they are shit holes, for that would be mean to them!
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

HI54UNI wrote:Truth hurts. What skills or benefit do they bring to the US? They just bring the shithole part with them.
You mean like this guy from Shithole Ghana?

http://www.wthitv.com/content/national/ ... ml?ref=743

SOLDIER, IMMIGRANT FROM GHANA, DIES RESCUING NEIGHBORS IN BRONX FIRE

Pretty much everyone emigrated to the US because their country/area was a shithole at the time. It is usually the best and the brighest that have the willpower to leave and make a better life. These are exactly the people we want.
:thumb:
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by dbackjon »

SeattleGriz wrote:Can't find the meme, but it was spot on. It essentially was pointing out the double standard on how the left (before this) says we cannot send the immigrants back to their home countries because they are shit holes, for that would be mean to them!
good lord are you that dense?
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by dbackjon »

GannonFan wrote:Politicians say all kind of stuff these days. Trump's poorly timed comment here is very akin to Hillary's "deplorable" comment - politicians writing off whole swaths of people on a whim. There's a reason I didn't vote for either of them in the past election. If you didn't get upset about the earlier comment I don't see how you can get upset about this one.

That is not even on the same planet. As the leader of the free world (well, for now), you can't say those things out loud.

And he wasn't just calling them shitholes, he was questioning why we want them, as opposed to white people. It was a racist comment from a racist President.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

dbackjon wrote:
GannonFan wrote:Politicians say all kind of stuff these days. Trump's poorly timed comment here is very akin to Hillary's "deplorable" comment - politicians writing off whole swaths of people on a whim. There's a reason I didn't vote for either of them in the past election. If you didn't get upset about the earlier comment I don't see how you can get upset about this one.

That is not even on the same planet. As the leader of the free world (well, for now), you can't say those things out loud.

And he wasn't just calling them shitholes, he was questioning why we want them, as opposed to white people. It was a racist comment from a racist President.
You're predisposed to think that Jon so it only fueled your fire.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

dbackjon wrote:

Like I said, partisans like you tend to view the political world through your own political lens, and if often ignores things you don't want to acknowledge. Is Trump a racist? I wouldn't doubt it. Is what he said racist? Maybe, depending on what he actually said. I'm pretty sure he said the ****hole comment. Is he a bad President? Absolutely. Would I ever vote for him? Never. But what Hillary said in the run-up to the election, and she was a member of this government for decades at that point and was attempting to be the leader of the country, is also something that you just can't say out loud. If you can't see that then you are a partisan.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

dbackjon wrote:

He should've used DNC approved language like " deplorable" or "super predator."
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

GannonFan wrote:Like I said, partisans like you tend to view the political world through your own political lens, and if often ignores things you don't want to acknowledge. Is Trump a racist? I wouldn't doubt it. Is what he said racist? Maybe, depending on what he actually said. I'm pretty sure he said the ****hole comment. Is he a bad President? Absolutely. Would I ever vote for him? Never. But what Hillary said in the run-up to the election, and she was a member of this government for decades at that point and was attempting to be the leader of the country, is also something that you just can't say out loud. If you can't see that then you are a partisan.
Some of my liberal friends on FB are reposting Dick Durbin's comments verifying Trump made the shithole comments (I don't see any way he didn't) and praising him. I'm hoping they stopped listening before he said: "I have a singular mission, and the mission is this: to give these dreamers and as many members of their family as possible a chance to be part of America's future in a legal status."

Is this really what people want? :suspicious:
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

89Hen wrote:
GannonFan wrote:Like I said, partisans like you tend to view the political world through your own political lens, and if often ignores things you don't want to acknowledge. Is Trump a racist? I wouldn't doubt it. Is what he said racist? Maybe, depending on what he actually said. I'm pretty sure he said the ****hole comment. Is he a bad President? Absolutely. Would I ever vote for him? Never. But what Hillary said in the run-up to the election, and she was a member of this government for decades at that point and was attempting to be the leader of the country, is also something that you just can't say out loud. If you can't see that then you are a partisan.
Some of my liberal friends on FB are reposting Dick Durbin's comments verifying Trump made the shithole comments (I don't see any way he didn't) and praising him. I'm hoping they stopped listening before he said: "I have a singular mission, and the mission is this: to give these dreamers and as many members of their family as possible a chance to be part of America's future in a legal status."

Is this really what people want? :suspicious:
It depends who they'll vote for. These days nothing else really matters to political types and their partisans than if they can win elections. Doesn't matter what you do when you're there, it's all about the power.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Re: RE: Re: "Shithole Countries"

Post by SeattleGriz »

dbackjon wrote:
SeattleGriz wrote:Can't find the meme, but it was spot on. It essentially was pointing out the double standard on how the left (before this) says we cannot send the immigrants back to their home countries because they are shit holes, for that would be mean to them!
good lord are you that dense?
...and? Ad hominems without even a reply is bigotry!
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

Honest Question: Who was it that allowed this comment to become public? I'm guessing it's a Democrat or someone from the media. We're apparently gravely concerned about how Trump is alienating allies but apparently have no problem letting this get out (probably for political gain). This is like something that you'd expect to come out from Wikileaks.
Last edited by Pwns on Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:
HI54UNI wrote:Truth hurts. What skills or benefit do they bring to the US? They just bring the shithole part with them.
Yep
Ditto.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Good and valuable people can come from shitholes.

The only question is our moral obligation to provide them refuge. If we have one, where do you draw the line?
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: 1995 Montana Griz
A.K.A.: Fuck Off
Location: America: and having my rights violated on a daily basis

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

Ibanez wrote:
Pwns wrote:I disagree with Trump. I say we take the smartest folks in sub-Saharan Africa and trade them for black lives matter. That means we get skilled immigrants and BLM doesn't have to suffer another day of systemic racism in Amerikkka. Win-win.
They wouldn't last a week over there. :coffee: I worked with some Saudi's (I know, ME not Africa but they were on the project) and Ethiopians about 8 years ago. We were at a happy hour at the end of the week and they went off on this black dude - talking about shitty American blacks are and how they are an embarrassment to the race. They went into the whole, "slave and plantation mentality" bit and shut that guy down.
Yep, real Africans hate American blacks and its awesome when they go off on them face to face.

ALPHAGRIZ1 - Now available in internet black

The flat earth society has members all around the globe
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

Ibanez wrote:
dbackjon wrote:

He should've used DNC approved language like " deplorable" or "super predator."
Attacking white people is perfectly fine, good point Ibanez you fucking cracker!

ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

kalm wrote:Good and valuable people can come from shitholes.

The only question is our moral obligation to provide them refuge. If we have one, where do you draw the line?
They can come legally, its the law and it needs to be enforced.

Anyone that agrees with a free flowing border should be thrown in jail for an attack on America. NOBODY has a problem with anyone coming here legally. So stop the semantics.