CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Re: Elon Musk Loses $Billions Secret Government Satellite

Post by CID1990 »

Pwns wrote:The biggest corporate welfare queen of all time, Elon Musk. :clap:

I might get called anti-capitalist by GATW and kalm again, but this space privatization thing isn't working (like I said it wouldn't). Thanks, 0bama, that's one thing that shouldn't be privatized. :ohno:

NASA figured out how to competently launch satellites decades ago.
NASA loses them, too

And when they do, everybody involved gets cost-plus compensation

Im happy with Space-X (right now) because their ultimate goal is to become independently profitable in space travel, at an overall savings to the government. Given the help Space-X has gotten while starting up, the motivation *could* shift to that of Northrop Grumman, Boeing, et al: to make profits by milking the government for no-risk insurance and $1000 tacks

For now, I'm ok with Space-X dumping an occasional payload

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Ivytalk wrote:A guy whose name sounds like a cheap CAA aftershave...
FIFY
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

93henfan wrote:Good thing we’re saving money on NASA by contracting out to the private sector!

What’s that?

Oops:
It appears the Zuma did not make it into orbit. Staff from the Senate and House have reportedly been briefed on the failure of the mission. According to the Wall Street Journal, industry officials have estimated Zuma cost billions of dollars.
http://www.newsweek.com/spacex-falcon-9 ... ost-775069
Yeh, they say the secret satellite didn't make it to orbit.....that's what I'd want them to think too.... :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

houndawg wrote:
93henfan wrote:Good thing we’re saving money on NASA by contracting out to the private sector!

What’s that?

Oops:

http://www.newsweek.com/spacex-falcon-9 ... ost-775069
Yeh, they say the secret satellite didn't make it to orbit.....that's what I'd want them to think too.... :coffee:
Thank you for weighing in Exhoundos. Will you be making a long, droning YouTube video with creepy music?
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
andy7171
Firefly
Firefly
I am a fan of: Wiping.
A.K.A.: HE HATE ME

Post by andy7171 »

dbackjon wrote:
Chizzang wrote:But will AZ point out to all of us that "Billions of dollars" is so meaningless it's like a rounding error...

:kisswink:
Except when it comes to feeding the poor or providing healthcare to kids - then we can't afford billions
I provide healthcare to my own kids. Why do I have to provide it to others?
"Elaine, you're from Baltimore, right?"
"Yes, well, Towson actually."
Rob Iola
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: Lurking

Post by Rob Iola »

andy7171 wrote:
dbackjon wrote: Except when it comes to feeding the poor or providing healthcare to kids - then we can't afford billions
Telling them to "rub some dirt on it" and "walk it off" and "next time remember to stretch to avoid having cramps" isn't exactly what I think Jon's referring to - but it's mighty cheap and, 99% of the time, perfectly good...
Proletarians of the world, unite!
andy7171
Firefly
Firefly
I am a fan of: Wiping.
A.K.A.: HE HATE ME

Post by andy7171 »

Rob Iola wrote:
andy7171 wrote: I provide healthcare to my own kids. Why do I have to provide it to others?
Telling them to "rub some dirt on it" and "walk it off" and "next time remember to stretch to avoid having cramps" isn't exactly what I think Jon's referring to - but it's mighty cheap and, 99% of the time, perfectly good...
Back when I was coaching little girls( 5-6, 7-8 year old lacrosse and Varsity football) I would tell the whiney crying babies to rub some grass on t. The crying would stop and they would look at me confused. :lol:
"Elaine, you're from Baltimore, right?"
"Yes, well, Towson actually."
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

andy7171 wrote:
dbackjon wrote: Except when it comes to feeding the poor or providing healthcare to kids - then we can't afford billions
You pay for public schools that you don't utilize. Might as well go all in. :lol: :lol:
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

93henfan wrote:
houndawg wrote:
Thank you for weighing in Exhoundos. Will you be making a long, droning YouTube video with creepy music?
We're not trying to convince anybody of anything. You'll find out soon enough. :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky