Pushing Blacks out of Chicago

Political discussions
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Pushing Blacks out of Chicago

Post by Col Hogan »

A Kennedy is accusing Chicago Mayor Rahm Emmanuel with leading a strategic plan to push blacks out of the Windy City to make it a much whiter, gentrified place to live...
Democratic governor candidate Chris Kennedy on Wednesday accused Mayor Rahm Emanuel of leading a “strategic gentrification plan” aimed at forcing African-Americans and other minorities out of Chicago to make the city “whiter” and wealthier.

“I believe that black people are being pushed out of Chicago intentionally by a strategy that involves disinvestment in communities being implemented by the city administration, and I believe Rahm Emanuel is the head of the city administration and therefore needs to be held responsible for those outcomes,” Kennedy said during a news conference about gun violence in North Lawndale.

“This is involuntary. That we’re cutting off funding for schools, cutting off funding for police, allowing people to be forced to live in food deserts, closing hospitals, closing access to mental health facilities. What choice do people have but to move, to leave?” Kennedy added. “And I think that’s part of a strategic gentrification plan being implemented by the city of Chicago to push people of color out of the city. The city is becoming smaller, and as it becomes smaller, it’s become whiter.”
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/loca ... story.html

Kennedy, the son of Robert Kennedy and nephew of President John F Kennedy, is falling behind on fund raising for the primary this spring and is appealing to the black community for assistance...or course, the Emmanuel Administration is denying the charge...
Emanuel’s office did not directly respond to the schools criticism but cast Kennedy’s comments as little more than campaign season rhetoric.

“The noise of this particular election will come and go,” said McGrath, Emanuel’s spokesman. “And when it does, we’ll still be focusing on boosting neighborhood small businesses, investing in our schools and improving public safety.”
Progressives eating progressives...
“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Re: Pushing Blacks out of Chicago

Post by kalm »

Col Hogan wrote:A Kennedy is accusing Chicago Mayor Rahm Emmanuel with leading a strategic plan to push blacks out of the Windy City to make it a much whiter, gentrified place to live...
Democratic governor candidate Chris Kennedy on Wednesday accused Mayor Rahm Emanuel of leading a “strategic gentrification plan” aimed at forcing African-Americans and other minorities out of Chicago to make the city “whiter” and wealthier.

“I believe that black people are being pushed out of Chicago intentionally by a strategy that involves disinvestment in communities being implemented by the city administration, and I believe Rahm Emanuel is the head of the city administration and therefore needs to be held responsible for those outcomes,” Kennedy said during a news conference about gun violence in North Lawndale.

“This is involuntary. That we’re cutting off funding for schools, cutting off funding for police, allowing people to be forced to live in food deserts, closing hospitals, closing access to mental health facilities. What choice do people have but to move, to leave?” Kennedy added. “And I think that’s part of a strategic gentrification plan being implemented by the city of Chicago to push people of color out of the city. The city is becoming smaller, and as it becomes smaller, it’s become whiter.”

Kennedy, the son of Robert Kennedy and nephew of President John F Kennedy, is falling behind on fund raising for the primary this spring and is appealing to the black community for assistance...or course, the Emmanuel Administration is denying the charge...
Emanuel’s office did not directly respond to the schools criticism but cast Kennedy’s comments as little more than campaign season rhetoric.

“The noise of this particular election will come and go,” said McGrath, Emanuel’s spokesman. “And when it does, we’ll still be focusing on boosting neighborhood small businesses, investing in our schools and improving public safety.”
Emmanuel is about as progressive as Hillary... :lol:
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

Rahm is a scumbag. Always has been.

And to kalm - Hillary was the most progressive candidate on the ballot in November.
:thumb:
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

Wait. The money tree is out of leaves? Shocking. :o
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

dbackjon wrote:Rahm is a scumbag. Always has been.

And to kalm - Hillary was the most progressive candidate on the ballot in November.
:lol:
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

That wasn't fucking difficult. She was still the wrong choice for 'Merica.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

DC has been in full gentrification mode for a couple of decades. I am very familiar with the transition from the gentry to the ghetto on the east side of the city, as I see it at street level on a daily basis on my commute.

Right now, the dividing line is Potomac Ave when driving east on Pennsylvania Ave. Just ten years ago, it was Eastern Market, but Eastern Market is now yuppy central. I think they just had the ribbon cutting for the new Trader Joes. Seriously. :lol:

The ghetto doesn't like it, and there are signs stapled to many lamp posts with the sentiment that the white community is at war with the blacks. I'll try to snap a pic through the bus window. They're pretty comical, and done apparently by the same artist who does all the right wing panic posters. Very biblical and panicky looking drawings. I think that guy is playing both sides.

Anyway, it'll be priceless when the honkies try jumping the river one day and start settling in Anacostia. It's not unprecedented. We're starting to take over Harlem I am told. :thumb:
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

93henfan wrote:DC has been in full gentrification mode for a couple of decades. I am very familiar with the transition from the gentry to the ghetto on the east side of the city, as I see it at street level on a daily basis on my commute.

Right now, the dividing line is Potomac Ave when driving east on Pennsylvania Ave. Just ten years ago, it was Eastern Market, but Eastern Market is now yuppy central. I think they just had the ribbon cutting for the new Trader Joes. Seriously. :lol:

The ghetto doesn't like it, and there are signs stapled to many lamp posts with the sentiment that the white community is at war with the blacks. I'll try to snap a pic through the bus window. They're pretty comical, and done apparently by the same artist who does all the right wing panic posters. Very biblical and panicky looking drawings. I think that guy is playing both sides.

Anyway, it'll be priceless when the honkies try jumping the river one day and start settling in Anacostia. It's not unprecedented. We're starting to take over Harlem I am told. :thumb:
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

CAA Flagship wrote:
93henfan wrote:DC has been in full gentrification mode for a couple of decades. I am very familiar with the transition from the gentry to the ghetto on the east side of the city, as I see it at street level on a daily basis on my commute.

:notworthy:

Some honky on Howard Stern (I think it was the Doogie Howser guy, but not 100% sure) said a few weeks ago that he just bought in Harlem. It's gentrification central in NYC apparently.
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Ibanez wrote:

That wasn't fucking difficult. She was still the wrong choice for 'Merica.
Never mind that Stein was on most ballots.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

kalm wrote:
Ibanez wrote: That wasn't **** difficult. She was still the wrong choice for 'Merica.
Chizzy was asleep at the switch. Thanks, kalm! :thumb:
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Ivytalk wrote:
kalm wrote:
Who do you think Dback would have supported in 1912?
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

kalm wrote:
Ivytalk wrote:
Probably Wilson. :lol:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Ivytalk wrote:
kalm wrote:
Probably Wilson. :lol:
:thumb:
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

kalm wrote:
Ivytalk wrote:
The Ottoman Empire.
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

Ivytalk wrote:
kalm wrote:
:geek:

I have a difficult time keeping up with you two
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

That's ridiculous.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

You say that like it means something. She voted for every bombing and pipeline she had a chance to vote for and clearly prefers the company of the entitled like Monsanto execs. Fuck her and the horse she rode in on, her decision to run because "it's her turn" and the DNC's groveling acquiescence are why we're in this situation.
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

Kennedys are like cockroaches. You might swat one, but there are lots more hiding in the dark.
DSUrocks07
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Delaware State
A.K.A.: phillywild305

Post by DSUrocks07 »

CAA Flagship wrote:
kalm wrote:
The Ottoman Empire.
"WWI was the source of the gentrification of Europe" -dback
MEAC, last one out turn off the lights.

@phillywild305 FB
DSUrocks07
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Delaware State
A.K.A.: phillywild305

Post by DSUrocks07 »

Col Hogan wrote:A Kennedy is accusing Chicago Mayor Rahm Emmanuel with leading a strategic plan to push blacks out of the Windy City to make it a much whiter, gentrified place to live...

Because blacks cannot be wealthy without the government's help. :ohno:

Democrats continuing their racist ways since the 1800s.
MEAC, last one out turn off the lights.

@phillywild305 FB
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

A rare DSURocks sighting!
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Re: RE: Re: Pushing Blacks out of Chicago

Post by UNI88 »

Even without Stein on the ballot I'm not sure that's completely true.

Who is the neocon?

Who opposed the TPP?

And this thread is gold! Awesome quotes from conks and donks and good to see DSU back.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
dal4018
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: South Carolina St
A.K.A.: SC State

Post by dal4018 »

kalm wrote:

Emmanuel is about as progressive as Hillary... :lol:
They come from the same cloth.
dal4018
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: South Carolina St
A.K.A.: SC State

Post by dal4018 »

DSUrocks07 wrote:

Because blacks cannot be wealthy without the government's help. :ohno:

Democrats continuing their racist ways since the 1800s.