houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Re: Roy Moore

Post by houndawg »

Pwns wrote:
∞∞∞ wrote: Does it matter? Setting aside the accusation of force, if a 30-something man has sex with a 14 y/o, it's rape no matter if she lies to you or not.

That's the point of being an adult; you are to have common sense and responsibility. If something seems off, it probably is. And you are certainly not to force yourself on anyone no matter the age.
According to this (though it's a couple of years old), it only counts as statutory rape in Texas and Michigan. So yes, it matters.
In Alabama 14 is a late bloomer. :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

Jjoey52 wrote:There is more to this story than is on the surface, the timing of this is bothersome for one. She had years to pursue this, why now.? Is someone putting her up to this?

If true, he needs to be punished to full extent of the law. It is a he said, she said situation so only they know the truth. With multiple “victims” one must wonder why they all appeared suddenly. This could either be a crime or a major hoax.
The timing is not unusual or surprising at all. Moore never ran for national office before. Now that he's running for national office big time national news media entities are examining him more. The Washington Post sent reporters to report on his background and history. When they started talking to people they were told there were stories about Moore and young girls. It went from there.

This thing about the "timing" is a dodge. The timing makes perfect sense. He's running for national office now.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

37% of Alabama evangelicals are more likely to vote for Roy Moore after allegations came to light. :rofl: :suspicious:

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/3600 ... oore-after
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Well stand by for the circus folks

We haven't elected a serious President in years- we haven't even had serious options outside of Jim Webb and Gary Johnson (until he tapped Weld)

It's ALL downhill from here

I expect the wrestling star any election now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

CID1990 wrote:Well stand by for the circus folks

We haven't elected a serious President in years- we haven't even had serious options outside of Jim Webb and Gary Johnson (until he tapped Weld)

Didn't the Rock just file?
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote:

:lol: yeah, like he said....
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

kalm wrote:

To be quite honest, if I was confident he would surround himself with a competent cabinet, I could see throwing him a vote. And I cannot think of anyone on the Dem bench right now who I would vote for over him.

Maybe Hillary will run again so the headlines can read, "Is there anyone Hillary can't lose to?"
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Maybe he can get his VP to be Kevin Hart...then they can use the same tag line they used in their last movie:

To fix the country all you need is a big Johnson and a little Hart....
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

If you could find one with political experience, say as a State governor... :mrgreen:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

AZGrizFan wrote:Maybe he can get his VP to be Kevin Hart...then they can use the same tag line they used in their last movie:

To fix the country all you need is a big Johnson and a little Hart....
I'd do the whole ticket myself if I could make my hart smaller... :mrgreen:
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

JohnStOnge wrote:I get a kick out of the rationalizations coming from Religious Right people involving kind of an "even if true it's not bad" approach. Like the invoking Joseph and Mary in the Jesus story as a comparison to the Roy Moore allegations:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the ... 50ad2a2104

Right. If it's true that Roy Moore as a 32 year old brought a 14 year old to his house, gave her alcohol, and felt her up is JUST like Joseph and Mary getting married in the Bible story.
Alabama state official invokes Joseph and Mary to defend Roy Moore
"Take the Bible: Zechariah and Elizabeth, for instance," Zeigler said. "Zechariah was extremely old to marry Elizabeth and they became the parents of John the Baptist. Also take Joseph and Mary. Mary was a teenager and Joseph was an adult carpenter. They became parents of Jesus. There's just nothing immoral or illegal here. Maybe just a little bit unusual."
In the Bible, Joseph was the husband of Mary, but Jesus is conceived through the Holy Spirit. Although Joseph is often popularly depicted as an old man and Mary as a youthful virgin, the Bible does not explicitly mention their ages.
Zechariah and Elizabeth, the parents of John the Baptist, are both described in Luke as "well stricken in years," according to the King James Bible.
http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/10/politics/ ... index.html

:lol: :lol:
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

Ibanez wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:I get a kick out of the rationalizations coming from Religious Right people involving kind of an "even if true it's not bad" approach. Like the invoking Joseph and Mary in the Jesus story as a comparison to the Roy Moore allegations:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the ... 50ad2a2104

Right. If it's true that Roy Moore as a 32 year old brought a 14 year old to his house, gave her alcohol, and felt her up is JUST like Joseph and Mary getting married in the Bible story.
Alabama state official invokes Joseph and Mary to defend Roy Moore
"Take the Bible: Zechariah and Elizabeth, for instance," Zeigler said. "Zechariah was extremely old to marry Elizabeth and they became the parents of John the Baptist. Also take Joseph and Mary. Mary was a teenager and Joseph was an adult carpenter. They became parents of Jesus. There's just nothing immoral or illegal here. Maybe just a little bit unusual."
In the Bible, Joseph was the husband of Mary, but Jesus is conceived through the Holy Spirit. Although Joseph is often popularly depicted as an old man and Mary as a youthful virgin, the Bible does not explicitly mention their ages.
Zechariah and Elizabeth, the parents of John the Baptist, are both described in Luke as "well stricken in years," according to the King James Bible.
http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/10/politics/ ... index.html

:lol: :lol:
I'm curious what the Koran says about all this...
It's probably pretty accurate on these matters too

:lol:

I hear there are wonderful places to live that follow the Koran by the letter
Really garden spots on earth we should model our society on them
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

Chizzang wrote:
I'm curious what the Koran says about all this...
It's probably pretty accurate on these matters too

:lol:

I hear there are wonderful places to live that follow the Koran by the letter
Really garden spots on earth we should model our society on them
But Islam?

But yeah

∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

So a 5th accuser came out today, and has a HS yearbook signed by Moore. She was 15 when they met and 16 when Moore allegedly assaulted her.

Obviously this doesn't prove guilt, but regardless, what kind of 30-something man (other than a teacher) signs a young teenage girl's yearbook?
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

∞∞∞ wrote:So a 5th accuser came out today, and has a HS yearbook signed by Moore. She was 15 when they met and 16 when Moore allegedly assaulted her.

Obviously this doesn't prove guilt, but regardless, what kind of 30-something man (other than a teacher) signs a young teenage girl's yearbook?
If what I think I heard while watching TV today is what I heard his problem, if the handwriting is verified, is going to be that he said in an Alabama radio interview that he doesn't know her. If it turns out that way he's going to be nailed to the wall for writing an affectionate note in her yearbook and now saying he doesn't know her.
Edit: Ok I just saw him on a video saying "I don't even know the woman" and saying he doesn't even know the restaurant where she worked. Then it was pointed out that he mentioned the name of the restaurant in the note in her yearbook (Old Hickory House).

It's getting to the point where any reasonable person is going to believe he is lying.

Of course, we just recently went through an election where any reasonable person had to know Trump was lying practically every time he opened his mouth and a bunch of people voted for him anyway. So we'll see what happens.
Last edited by JohnStOnge on Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Could I ever be a star?

Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Where are the moderate Christians? :ohno:

WWJD? "Old enough to bleed, old enough for me." -Jesus
More than 50 Alabama pastors sign letter supporting Roy Moore

A group of 53 Alabama pastors has signed onto a letter urging Alabamians to vote for Republican Senate candidate Roy Moore after the allegations of sexual misconduct were leveled against him.

The letter, published on AL.com and posted on Moore’s wife’s Facebook page, praises the candidate for his “immovable convictions for Biblical principles” and says he suffered “persecution” for his faith by opposing gay marriage as Alabama's chief justice.

“For decades, Roy Moore has been an immovable rock in the culture wars - a bold defender of the ‘little guy,’ a just judge to those who came before his court, a warrior for the unborn child, defender of the sanctity of marriage, and a champion for religious liberty,” the letter reads.
http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/3601 ... -roy-moore
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

Here's the yearbook signature:
(So creepy)

Here's a recent signature:
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

Local Alabama media catching up:

http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2017/1 ... res_b.html
Gadsden locals say Moore's predatory behavior at mall, restaurants not a secret
Teresa Jones, who said she worked at the Etowah County District Attorney's Office with Moore, took to Twitter on Friday to say it was "common knowledge" that he pursued teenage girls.

"As a Deputy DA in Gadsden when Roy Moore was there, it was common knowledge about Roy's propensity for teenage girls," she tweeted. "I'm appalled that these women are being skewered for the truth."
Could I ever be a star?

∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

So is this when America was great? When it's common knowledge the DA is victimizing young girls and entire communities turn a blind-eye?

Can't wait to get back to those days...
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

Just bolsters my belief about how wrong I was all those years when I defended Republican base voters in general and especially white Evangelical Christian voters in particular. The Republican Party has a problem with a base that is rotten at its core.
Could I ever be a star?

∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

Seems like the floodgates have opened. Unless an entire community is lying, as well as former police, and everyone working at the mall where Moore liked to flirt with girls...

...it's becoming obvious none of the accusers are lying. I'm not sure how anyone can defend Moore at this point, although I'm positive some will find a way.
Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

JohnStOnge wrote:Just bolsters my belief about how wrong I was all those years when I defended Republican base voters in general and especially white Evangelical Christian voters in particular. The Republican Party has a problem with a base that is rotten at its core.
John,
Welcome to the world
Humans are highly flawed creatures - being conservative or liberal doesn't change human nature
Yeah I know we all want to believe our side is the best side (whichever side that might be)

Welcome to existentialism my friend

None of this sh!t really matters
and people are all the same
no matter how hard we want it not to be true

:nod:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Remember when Clinton was accused of:
-Rape (Juanita Broderick)
-Sexual assault (Kathleen Willey)
-Sexual harrassment, dropping his drawers and saying kiss it (Paula Jones).
Etc, etc, etc.
I don't recall many on the left calling for Clinton to step down. I guess in their eyes these women were less credible than those accusing Moore..
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

BDKJMU wrote:Remember when Clinton was accused of:
-Rape (Juanita Broderick)
-Sexual assault (Kathleen Willey)
-Sexual harrassment, dropping his drawers and saying kiss it (Paula Jones).
Etc, etc, etc.
I don't recall many on the left calling for Clinton to step down. I guess in their eyes these women were less credible than those accusing Moore..
Anthony Weiner

:coffee:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

I'm seeing a major double standard here between the left now and Clinton in the 90s. Should Moore step down? Probably. But no more so than Clinton should have in the 90s..
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.